• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Competitive Jigglypuff Guide For Smashboards

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Well I guess she can be my diddy counter. I kinda need to fill that spot. I almost beat Chompy by spamming with Link but I can see how jiggs can fight Diddy.

TY. O and good guide. (I just skimmed it)

BTW. I don't know if it was mentioned but can jiggs glide toss?
She has a 0 boost from it lol. But since she is in the air so much, its really easy to catch stuff because they can't catch you in the landing transition that easily. And its fairly safe too.

Against Diddy Kong, its a fairly good advantage because you can:
Rest interrupt 2/3 of his smashes
Rest interrupt his godly dash attack
Be almost unaffected by his banana game compared to most characters
Beat out his aerials fairly well and gimp him.

Veril

Frame Savant
She has a 0 boost from it lol. But since she is in the air so much, its really easy to catch stuff because they can't catch you in the landing transition that easily. And its fairly safe too.

Against Diddy Kong, its a fairly good advantage because you can:
Rest interrupt 2/3 of his smashes
Rest interrupt his godly dash attack
The only reason to glide toss is to falldash directly into a throw.

You can interrupt his up-smash, forward-smash, dash attack, jabx2, and continuous jab (SDI). His up-smash can also be GDI'd (knockback inversion).

I've said this before and I think at this point given the multiple references to interrupts made in this thread... please just credit me at the end of the guide. Is that too much to ask?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
The only reason to glide toss is to falldash directly into a throw.

You can interrupt his up-smash, forward-smash, dash attack, jabx2, and continuous jab (SDI). His up-smash can also be GDI'd (knockback inversion).

I've said this before and I think at this point given the multiple references to interrupts made in this thread... please just credit me at the end of the guide. Is that too much to ask?
I believe I did or I may have forgotten to update it....

I forgot my bad :(

Anyway, I still have to finish the Snake writeup.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'll add it to the drill rest section. And I'm gonna make a video tutorial on how to plank as Jigglypuff successfully.
Drill grab is not a combo anymore because L-cancel is gone :(

I know it's a good setup, but I have some trouble landing it without a counter attack.

Veril

Frame Savant
Alex: I think you should merge the character specific videos and the matchup section. So just have useful videos for the matchup discussed listed in the same area. Just a thought. It would help cut down on the size of this guide and make it more easy to navigate.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Alex: I think you should merge the character specific videos and the matchup section. So just have useful videos for the matchup discussed listed in the same area. Just a thought. It would help cut down on the size of this guide and make it more easy to navigate.
Nah, I think I'm gonna get rid of it altogether. They should not belong together but I think I might just cut the videos period.

EBF

Smash Cadet
Instead of the Jiggz Boards being a deserted wasteland its a spam storage room now o.O
Much love from ya boi, Tyser.
Just dropped in to say wassup to my favorite kind of Brawl people.

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Nice guide! Helped my Jiggly out a lot! Now I main him now (yeah, I like to think of the Jiggs in Brawl as male, despite there are 1 in 4 male Jigglypuffs in the Pokemon games)

But I found a sort of technique for Rollout. In the first few frames of the attack (Before you can charge/attack) you have the option to face which ever direction you want, by moving the Control Stick, i.e. If your facing right, during the first few frames, move the Control Stick left, and he should face left during the Rollout charge. You can tell if you perforned it by the way Jigglypuff is spinning (Clockwise = right, Anti-Clockwise = left) and by the white dust.

Not overally useful, and quite hard to perform, but it could be used to trick your opponent. This isn't a very good name to give this AT, but what I thought was "Reverse Rollout Charge" (or RRC for short).

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
Thank you so much for this. I've watched your videos in the past and you have been very helpful with this guide. More people need to give Jigglypuff a chance and do so with this guide. It helps considerably.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
i wonder how jiggs stands in the current brawl meta.
nobody has commented in 7 years though

Last edited:
Top Bottom