• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Clone Avoided: Waluigi Joins the Assist Trophies

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi: You wanted to see me Mr. Miyamoto?
Miyamoto: Yes, glad you came Waluigi, sit please. *takes out chart* According to this...you're not very popular.
Waluigi: Well I HAVE only been in the Mario spin-off games...See, what I was thinking was that I could be a main enemy maybe?
Miyamoto: Well that's a wonderful idea! *checks papers* Hmm...How about...New Super Mario Brothers?
Bowser Jr.: HEY! I already called that one!
Miyamoto: Hmm...Super Mario Galaxy?
Bowser Jr.: Me and poppa already called that one too!
Miyamoto: Well...since Luigi's never going to have his own game again after Mansion...how about this one?
Waluigi: Are you serious...?
Miyamoto: *nods* ............Get on your dancing shoes...
Waluigi:..........**** this I quit.
you win a cookie and a trophie for best comment on this thread!
*gives shiny trophie and big delicious cookie*

O Rly?

Smash Cadet
I'm not surprised he's a trophy - he's too "new" to the Mario Universe to have been put with a viable moveset. I mean, what would he use? Wall-Luigi? Flood the screen and swim to an opponent, then beat them with a tennis racket for a Final Smash?

...Come to think of it, that would make for a pretty neat one.

Ness is my fav

Smash Rookie
Waluigi could have been original because...

1.he has no moves m/wario has
2.he is in tennis form
3.i said so

waluigi had moves from M.T. he could use

btw,why would anyone NOT wani all 4 mario bros. in a fight at the same time?

dont tell me how wario or waluigi arent part of the mario bros.,either

waluigi has been in more mario-related games than wario-related games, so thats probably y he has a mushroom symbol than a W symbol

thank you

p.s: y havent we got an offical dojo page 4 a mario at 'till JUST NOW?

p.p.s: im new , nice 2 meet u all

Tbacksha

Smash Apprentice
People are sounding pathetic, some are acting like fanboys of an old TV show, 'He was introduced in the 5th series so he sucks and doesn't count.' Others hate him for no apparent reason or for the fact that he is Luigis doppleganger* {Wario}.
The only valid reason is that he has only appeared in spin off games, but he is not a PC and if you think about it he was never going to be a PC, but he deserves to be a AT as he has a fanbase, personality despite his circumstances.

*Anyone have spelling?

NukeA6

Smash Master
I was extremely dissapointed by this update. Waluigi is one of the greatest characters of all time! I really wish he could have been playable :(, he is 1000 times better than Wario in a every way, and could have EASILY not been a clone..to anyone.

He is VERY unique, so him being a clone makes absolutely no sense at all. He is really tall, and skinny, with flimsy arms and legs. Nobody else is like that.
What is Waluigi gonna do? Throw eggplants? Fight with a Tennis Racket? No, he would be a Luigi clone.

AT is what Waluigi was destined to be. I'd rather have a Mii.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I know this. He said he was going to get rid of their clone-like mannerisms is what I mean. Why do people always mis-interpret where I'm coming from? :urg: I'm just saying that there's a possibility that Luigi isn't in if he doesn't get an original set, not that he can't get in because he was in another smash game as a clone! I am a supporter of Luigi in Brawl, I'm just looking at the facts people. Btw, I have been aware of that category for a very long time thank you very much and I'm not sure it seems too good to use. The only differences Luigi has from Mario in Melee is that Luigi can jump higher, he has one different move and a different taunt. Not much...
There's a chance that Luigi won't get in if he doesn't get an original set? No. Besides Sakurai would be dumb to get rid of Luigi for that. There's so much potential for a new moveset for Luigi.

The facts? Like that Luigi was leaked in an interview?

Have you ever even played as Luigi? Luigi is a very different character from Mario in Melee. Luigi has less traction. His fireballs shoot straight instead of bouncing like Mario's. Luigi's Up B goes straight up, and if you hit somebody right when you do it it'll hit them hard. (kind of like Jigglypuff's rest.), he also has a different side B, and his A moves are different.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
yea, it's almost physically impossible for him to be a clone :p

Moreso the title should have been used for Stafi, who in theory (and making more sense than Waluigi as a clone) could have been a clone of Kirby or something lol

mario8498

Smash Cadet
I don't see how you guys don't think he would be a clone. Try and give me a completely unique moveset, and see how easy it is.

mario8498

Smash Cadet
That moveset really sucks. Waluigi doesn't have a decent moveset. I could see him in Brawl, just being in the lowest possible tier.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
down b bomb. up b spinning kick that rises him up like hi ower shot in mario tenns, im all out lol

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
His Side-B could be his swimming in air recovery from Mario Power Tennis. His standard B he could toss a Bob-omb or a piranha plant (his partner from Mario Party 3). His Up-B could be some kind of chargable leap using his long legs and his Down-B could be some kind of spinning break dance move or something. For a Final Smash he could just summon a shower of Bob-ombs while Waluigi himself spun around in a dancing-style striking his foes with graceful dance moves. For his taunt, he could face the camera and do an air pump and his eyes would glow (throwback to Mario Tennis) or he could do his little "leg" chop victory from Strikers (XD). His A attacks would obviously take advantage of his long arms and legs, probably being a range of kicks and punches to keep opponents at a distance. He'd probably also use his tennis/golf/baseball equipment for attacks similar to Peach. A stage for Waluigi could easily be made using anything really...(I mean, c'mon, Waluigi Pinball was an awesome Mario Kart DS stage). And after watching clips of the game, the stage song would HAVE to be Destruction Dance from DDR Mario Mix.

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
His Side-B could be his swimming in air recovery from Mario Power Tennis. His standard B he could toss a Bob-omb or a piranha plant (his partner from Mario Party 3). His Up-B could be some kind of chargable leap using his long legs and his Down-B could be some kind of spinning break dance move or something. For a Final Smash he could just summon a shower of Bob-ombs while Waluigi himself spun around in a dancing-style striking his foes with graceful dance moves. For his taunt, he could face the camera and do an air pump and his eyes would glow (throwback to Mario Tennis) or he could do his little "leg" chop victory from Strikers (XD). His A attacks would obviously take advantage of his long arms and legs, probably being a range of kicks and punches to keep opponents at a distance. He'd probably also use his tennis/golf/baseball equipment for attacks similar to Peach. A stage for Waluigi could easily be made using anything really...(I mean, c'mon, Waluigi Pinball was an awesome Mario Kart DS stage). And after watching clips of the game, the stage song would HAVE to be Destruction Dance from DDR Mario Mix.

Winning moveset right there. That's why he would not be a clone, not even close. He does not even resemble ANYONE, not one bit.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Everyone else notice he has a Mario universe icon, not Wario? Thank goodness. That should tell you all something...all of the people who were arguing "Wario is in, why not Waluigi?"

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Everyone else notice he has a Mario universe icon, not Wario? Thank goodness. That should tell you all something...all of the people who were arguing "Wario is in, why not Waluigi?"
Why would he get the Wario icon in the first place? The symbol that Wario has represents a series that Waluigi is no where to be found in.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Why would he get the Wario icon in the first place? The symbol that Wario has represents a series that Waluigi is no where to be found in.
That's the point, he wouldn't. But before this update, people were saying he should be in due to Wario and were even claiming he'd probably get the Wario icon...

metalmario25

Smash Rookie
what is wrong with you people

waluigi is not a clone of anybody so why do you guys celebrate him not being in it he has been in plenty of games to be a playable character so there is no reason why he shouldnt be in it tell me

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
waluigi is not a clone of anybody so why do you guys celebrate him not being in it he has been in plenty of games to be a playable character so there is no reason why he shouldnt be in it tell me
He has no attacks, he's starred in precisely zero games, and he was introduced in a sports title as a rival to Luigi and partner to Wario. HELL, he even copycats Wario's personality! What would they do, make another Captain Falcon??? Or, to a lesser extent, Peach (Only her Frying Pan and Parasol were her own weapons, the rest of her moves were either made up entirely or based on universal moves like the Turnips)?

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
He has no attacks, he's starred in precisely zero games, and he was introduced in a sports title as a rival to Luigi and partner to Wario. HELL, he even copycats Wario's personality! What would they do, make another Captain Falcon??? Or, to a lesser extent, Peach (Only her Frying Pan and Parasol were her own weapons, the rest of her moves were either made up entirely or based on universal moves like the Turnips)?
They could always like....y'know....create new attacks?

Captain falcon didnt have a moveset, hell, he wasnt seen out of his F-zero racer before he apeared in Melee(Victory stages in F-zeo dont count)

And it worked for him pretty fine.

Waluigi wouldnt be a clone AT ALL, to think so would just be really stupid.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
They could always like....y'know....create new attacks?

Captain falcon didnt have a moveset, hell, he wasnt seen out of his F-zero racer before he apeared in Melee(Victory stages in F-zeo dont count)

And it worked for him pretty fine.

Waluigi wouldnt be a clone AT ALL, to think so would just be really stupid.
I just mentioned CF. Also he had the advantage of being UNIQUE. He was from a totally different franchise and not physically nor style-wise a clone of anyone else. And he had his own story.
As far as the big Γ, maybe once Nintendo decides what to do with him, he'll be in a new Smash.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
i wanted Waluigi to be brawl with moves like the racket & some vine moves from super mario strikers.

maxieman

Smash Ace
everyone who is asking, there is noone who could clone the awesome waluigi. The guy who made this thread knows little to nothing about him apparentley

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
Good thing he's not a character.

He hasn't been in any games besides a sport one.
A terrible character.

But a hot assist trophy.

D

Deleted member

He's cool.

Along with I guess characters like Sylux, who look questionable this time, but would probably have a game on their belt in a couple of years, he'll be playable in the next Smash.

antimatter

Smash Lord
you're right.. but then, the hunters might not even make it in.. how popular was MPH around the world?

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
A lot of the Nintendo fans basically didn't want Waluigi playable, because there were much more deserving characters, characters who had their own games instead of being featured in spin-off sports titles.

Also, IN YOUR FACE WALUIGI FANS.

Yes, I know it's a tad late.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I could give you 100 reasons why he shouldn't be in, but I'll give you just one: Sakurai didn't want him.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
1. He was in spin offs ONLY and has never appeared in a proper series / Mario game.

2. He is a copy of a copy of a copy (Mario > Luigi > Wario > Waluigi).

3. Daisy and Toad and Bowser jr are infinitely better and more important.

Top Bottom