• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

._.

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
getting ***** by ike makes you quick? You should start fighting for your freinds

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
har har har. Its not getting *****. Its the fact that i see how far i have to go b4 i become competitive at brawl. Its way to much work and to much time, meaning years b4 i can compete and place close to top ten.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Then why not play for fun? People who play to get Pro for tournies just get frustrated and angry.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
You can play the game for fun.. I know I'll never win a tourney(A proper SmashTourney that is) but I like to learn the competitive things the pro smashers do so I can dominate some of the smashers ^_^ =P

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
lol you shouldn't quit after one bad day. Sometimes people just have off days. Honestly, you don't need to practice brawl much at all, you just need to know how to read people. Also knowing the characters helps. You could easily get thrown off by ikes if you have never played people who **** with him. Especially in teams where ike can just wtf pwn you.

Besides its not all about being the best. Thats more of a side motivation, something you know you will never reach but shoot for anyways, because whats the point in not trying? Really the main thing I enjoy about competitive brawl is just going to a tourney and hanging out with all the other competitive smashers.

I scored 2nd in a decent local tourney losing to the best in state, and I hadn't even played brawl the whole week or even any friendlies before the tourney that day.

You don't have to practice in brawl, you just need to have the right mindset or way of thinking. Right now you are probably stuck at a plateau and once reading an opponent "clicks"for you, you'll make a big jump. Its just the way things like this work in... well... life lol. Like I play instruments and its the same thing. You feel like you can't get better but at some point it just happens. Skill increases then plateaus.

Don't get discouraged and try to move on to the next plateau =D

And come on they're friendlies they don't count even if you think you were trying its still not the same as tourney =P Also confidence in yourself goes a loooonnnnngggg way so stop telling yourself you suck (IMO you definitely don't suck =S)

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It wont be for another year til I can start winning prolly, and I have no issue with this. (That's when I can get rides)

lol giving up Brawl, I've had multiple ****ty tourneys, and I'm getting loads better each one, and they're just fun as hell to attend anyways. Honestly, for me, things can only get better when I can go to Smashfests and all that good ****.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Gonzo.... I thought you had more balls than this but whatever. Your decision.

Anyway i thought it has been accepted that Azen and Chillin and etc were very good so" why so serious?"

(most over used movie quote in the past couple of weeks ftw!!!)

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
lol, we'll c, Brawl is the only game i play really for the wii so i dont think i'll be able to stay away from it for long. I guess i need to start playing with a completely different mindset and start trying to see what my weaknesses are.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Did kirby quit when he was nerfed in melee and all the other smash brothers made fun of him.... No
Did he quit when he found out he was no longer the best character in his series..... No
Did he quit when he found out his mom was goin to die from cancer but instead was in a horrible starship crash and became a vegetable... He sure didn't.

I dont even know know wat your original post was because you edited it.... does that mean im goin to quit on this worthless attempt at a "pick me up" speech....... hell no.

Anyways, just play brawl, cuz your one of the only big contributors to the kirby boards.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Did he quit when he found out he was no longer the best character in his series..... No
He is the best chracter in the series. XD

If you say Meta Knight, ha all you need to do is copy his B move and do it all day to teach him a lesson.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
Nah, i just got my **** ***** by a character i counter the other day and realized how much more practice i need b4 i get better. I'm gonna keep playing, no worries.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Nah, i just got my **** ***** by a character i counter the other day and realized how much more practice i need b4 i get better. I'm gonna keep playing, no worries.
haha. I didn't see your orginal post, but it appears it was Ike. I also thought all Ikes were easy, until I played a guy named XZA on the site. He beat me about 10 times in a row. The first game was close, the next bunch he just won.

A character you counter? I'm still not convinced that any character counters another, the players are what matters. Imagine losing to a godly "craptain falcon", you have the mindset that captain falcon is easymode, but you get blown away. No reason to give up...he was just really good.

You just gotsa get better! Playing people that beat you is the only way to do it.

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Hey Gonzo, forget it, you ever will have great players in front of you, but with training you can win those people.

It's good that you are losing now, brawl have just a little months, and have several years in front. Begin training hard NOW, and you will see the results according to the time.

For incentive, see ChuDat, he is placing very good with Kirby in camps, he placed 2º in a camp with Azen, M2K and various others players.

Cheer Up! =]

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
i remember a tourney i went to.

this was in melee and i went up against a peach player. i had no idea i would even see a peach, i was like "zomg a peach lawlz". not only did this player play peach, she also was a girl.

and i lost.

the end

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I was kinda wondering why that video specifically was linked, until I saw the "Kirby never gives up!" part :)

And then I saw that it was you who made and posted it, I didn't even look at the poster at first.

And then I was saddened that Kirby's Super Pee attack was nerfed in Brawl, maybe we should give up :(

In other news, I played melee today, and I don't understand how I was ever good at that game. The lagtimes are so incredibly different, and Kirby's recovery is nowhere near as good o_O

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
....i kinda like brawl, and kirby, and......and.......llamacario, pancakes are good i still dont no if kirby will share, wut were we talking about....oh yah never bak down cause u lost, jab them in the eye with a twinkie and say u cant hit wut u cant see <(^.^)>

T-nuts

Smash Ace
gonzo,

you are a great kirby. you may not be the best, but even if you arent. you are still the kirby that other kirby's learn from. you are the kirby other kirbies aspire to. so you cant quit, or you may crush aspiring kirbies.

with great respect,

T-nuts

Top Bottom