• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

916 / Sacramento Smash: DP will never post here

Wolfy!

Indecisive
It was soooo worth getting the Premium Membership for the name change. Makes me instantly recognizable and I can just refer to that name all the time. :)

EDIT: I think I might switch uploads to my other Youtube channel, too, since it's "WolfySSB" and the current one is "OokamiSmash" which can make it a little confusing. Might as well be consistent.

DRGN, I figured the Melee turnout wasn't going to be very good, so I figured going to Russian's to smash would be better (and it was :D). Wish we could have played with you guys, though.

I'm going to try to go to the Tracy tournament. Not sure if I'll be able to have my own ride or not, but if anyone has space on the way down, I could catch a ride, too. Hopefully it works out. :)

EDIT2: BTW... http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=319744

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
okay

this is for the sake of competition haha.

I will give rides to up to 4 people from Sacramento area to Tracy this saturday for GREEN OAKS HAVOC: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318744 I WILL ALSO DRIVE YOU BACK

on two conditions:
- donate at least a little bit gas money PLEASE.
- please house me this friday night

can anyone do this? if not i will stay at uc davis but i would rather stay the night at a smasher's house.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I would be more than happy to donate some cash for gas for the ride down. (I'm not technically in Sac, but I'm on the way down, so yeah)
I dunno about housing, though. I still live with my folks at the moment, and I dunno if it would be okay with them to have a visitor stay the night. But I could talk with them about it and see how it goes. (Plus there's the fact that I am south of everyone in Sacramento, so driving north from my place to get other people then going back south could be an understandable nuisance)

I will be bringing my recording setup with me, and my Wii if you need an extra console setup. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i could def take you a ride. let me know about the housing situation soon, itd be cool if you can but i understand if you cant.

how far south are you from sac??

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Okay, thanks! I will ask about the housing situation later today when I can.

I'm about 20-30 minutes south of Sac.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Alright. Will do.

I'll text you once I get the answer from my folks about the housing situation later today. Which will probably be sometime in the afternoon/evening.

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
if wolfy's parents are not okay with this i can house you

edit i live in south sac

DRGN

Technowizard
okay

this is for the sake of competition haha.

I will give rides to up to 4 people from Sacramento area to Tracy this saturday for GREEN OAKS HAVOC: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=318744 I WILL ALSO DRIVE YOU BACK

on two conditions:
- donate at least a little bit gas money PLEASE.
- please house me this friday night

can anyone do this? if not i will stay at uc davis but i would rather stay the night at a smasher's house.
:O This is amazing.

I would like a spot! :D

Also I could house you if you want/need.

Edit: And Wolfy I will try to come to your tournament too. :)

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Andre, maybe staying at DRGN's would be better since he's a little north of Sac and all you would have to do is pick up people on the way down. Rather than having to go up north to Sac/Rancho from my place then come back down on the way to Tracy. Just a thought for convenience purposes.

But we're still okay with housing you if you decide to stay at my place. :)

EDIT: I just had a thought. Maybe Andre could pick up DRGN/whoever else on the way to my place and then both/all you guys could stay the night. We have pretty decent sleeping accommodations, so housing multiple people wouldn't be too much of a problem. And it would be 20-30 minutes closer to Tracy for the drive down. Again, just a suggestion.

EDIT2: Thanks, DRGN! :D I'll try to make it the best tournament I can. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i like the idea of picking up drgn on the way down to wolfy's

i'm willing to do this friday night.

will i be bringing delphiki too?

if i bring drgn, delphiki, and wolfy, i have 1 more spot left.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Sweet. Then it works out perfectly. :)

Looks like a pre-tournament smashfest at my place on Friday, then! Jim, if you're coming over on Friday, would you mind bringing your cube and TV? I've only got one full setup with me at the moment. My other CRT broke, unfortunately. :/
And Moon, if you're coming over, ask Jeff if he can bring his TV/cube (if you pick him up on the way here).
I should be home all day Friday, so you guys can just text me when you're on your way over.

As for the people staying the night, I should have enough blankets to cover everyone (might want to bring your own blanket/pillow just in case). We have plenty of space and a couple couches and an air mattress, so the sleeping accommodations should be good.
Worst case scenario: One person might end up having to sleep on the floor, if we have a full car.

chenjesu

Smash Journeyman
yeah he is holding a tournament in elk grove/south sac

like a block away from my house :)

Wolfy!

Indecisive
^ DO IT GUYS.
Andre, I'll PM you my address right now.

Also, I finally figured out how to livestream stuff (only game audio, though. Still need to figure out how to run both game audio and mic audio together without issues). So I figure we can livestream the smashfest tomorrow since everything seems to be coming out at really good quality on the stream. :)

EDIT: Seems I can only run either game audio or a mic. Can't run both. Dunno if this is a problem for everyone streaming Dazzle or not. :O

DRGN

Technowizard
Sounds good! :)

What time did you want to come to Sac, Chok? Delphiki and I are both going to school tomorrow, and while I should be back by about 4, I'm not sure about Delphiki. He's actually going to ARC and then visiting Sac State for a seminar/workshop thing.

But I'll have my phone and I'll make sure to check it often this time! lol. Also I'll be able to check the boards (last time I wasn't even home most of the day, which contributed to my not noticing messages).

I'll also try to get a hold of Catnip or DP tomorrow and see if one of them wants to go.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Sweet! :D

I'll probably be up by 12, so yeah. People can start coming over by then. I'll have everything of mine set up for when people get here. Whoever has the biggest TV (which I'm guessing will be Jim) is the one we'll livestream on. :)

So yeah, everyone, just text me when you're on your way and everything should be good. :)

We should have about 3 setups for about 10 people today, I estimate. 3 should be good, but yeah. We have space. ;)

Link to my livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/wolfysmash

Wolfy!

Indecisive
I had a ****ing amazing time this weekend.

Andre, thanks a bunch for driving us out to Tracy for the tournament.
Also, congrats on winning said tournament. :)

The only thing that sucked was that I left my controller at the venue. :(
Hope I can get it back.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
chenjesu are you jim? hehe

wolfy you're welcome! sorry that i came over so late on friday, i didn't know you had the place set up for that long. i should've warned you that i was gonna be in davis until night! also, have you contacted matt yet for the controller?

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Yup, chenjesu is Jim, lol.

It's all good, bro! The important thing was that we all had a good time smashing. :)
And it gave me some time to tweak livestream stuff.

I have sent him a PM on here and posted on Facebook that I was missing my controller. Hopefully he has it and can hold onto it so I can get it back as soon as possible.

Wolfy!

Indecisive
Dude, Fuhnky... you missed out on a bunch, man... I wish you could have been here... it was soooooooo awesome!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
in terms of difficulty of competition... tracy scene has the lowest level in norcal. however, it has THE MOST relaxing, friendly, and great-to-meet-people vibe. some umvc3

in sac (tag), the competition is better, and you can feel a tense vibe of competition in the air. also lots of games to play

in the bay area, the competition is world-class, but seems a little bit difficult to really tap into the community unless you are a straight up great player.

Top Bottom