• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/22 MD/VA C3 Presents the September Tournament SSBM Singles/Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
anybody who needs a place to stay tonight or tomorrow call me

neo/jiano/bigd/souroush/sliq/kel will all be here tonight

parents are outa town

301 788 8085

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
woo hoo

three days grace Breaking benjamin Seether and Skillet were great tonight

Had a blast... I hate to say "I wanna leave early tomorrow" but I am looking to quite possiblly leave a little early..

=(

we'll see, because I got like a party in B more...

but like, I don't want to leave aearly......

Nightmare KoRn Kid

Smash Champion
IMHO everyone should ****ing hurry so i can see everything and still get home in time to have a blast here!

ALSO i saw Hat, me and these girls were in the ****ing cheap seats and hat comes back and stand swith us for a little, haha

good **** hat, getting good seats... lucky *******!

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
So like 20 people will be departing Richmond in the morning.

Try to make it there around 11ish AM.

See you guys there.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
oh god, me voodoo, tin, and aero just watched requiem for a dream. If you have a drug problem, watch it, and i can guarentee you won't anymore.

If you don't, like us....

you're ****ed.

Seriously, normally i ***** alot but tomorrow i'm gonna lose a match and be like well at least i have my ****ing arm.

aho43

Smash Lord
Ok, I was just at the lockin, as of now we really need people to bring setups. So please bring cubes and melee at least, even if you don't have a TV.

Don't count on other people to bring cubes. If you want lots of friendlies and an efficient tourney, please bring a cube + melee if you can. Thanks.

Ghostype

Smash Champion
Aho...anyone got an extra copy of Smash? I have a Cube but no Smash. I'll find a way to bring it. If Hat turns out to be bringing a TV then there's a set up.

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I was just at the lockin, as of now we really need people to bring setups. So please bring cubes and melee at least, even if you don't have a TV.

Don't count on other people to bring cubes. If you want lots of friendlies and an efficient tourney, please bring a cube + melee if you can. Thanks.
o ****, not enough cubes? I might be able to bring mine, but honestly, i'm kind of paranoid about that. Should i write my name on it? Will you need the memory card? O_O

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
write your name on it, the memory card is convenient, but not necessary.

dont be paranoid about losing ur gamecube, i bring my wii to tournies without problems

im bringing a setup, and MW is bringing a setup

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
write your name on it, the memory card is convenient, but not necessary.

dont be paranoid about losing ur gamecube, i bring my wii to tournies without problems

im bringing a setup, and MW is bringing a setup
aight, well i hastilly scrawled "klown" on it, so i'm good to go. cubes +1, thanks plairnkk

leaving in a few mins, looking foward to meeting everyone

Repryx

Smash Champion
*unable to come* Bah! im 17 im gonna getz a car...(Not that
I'd be allowed to Drive it)

Scissors Sir

Smash Ace
Didn't do too well in the brackets...

I'm just glad I made it outta pools

Shoutouts later

:pikachu:

Oh and when I left Chillin had just eliminated jiano

So jiano got 4th

M2k and I can't remember who else were in winners...

I know this update sucks but hey...

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
oh man that pika was you philly. my bad I couldn't play you, my controller fell a part in the middle of the match lol.

thay tourny was the most fun I had in a real long time. shout outs later...

Reioumu

Smash Lord
Sorry about rushing you at the end G-Reg, but I had to go.

GG's the people I played.

I suck, nothing more, no johns.

Chu + Azen: Link + Young Link!? D-air!? Crazy lol.

I might quit smash until brawl comes back, I dunno. But I'll still go to C3 tourneys and bring my cube since i have other reasons to be there.

aho43

Smash Lord
i think m2k won. azen chillin + jiano rounded out the top 4. i hope everyone enjoyed this. i'm beat. next one is october 20 something. its on the first page. i'll make a new thread and a results thread for this tommorow.

FYI, there were 40 teams entered, and 102 entrants for singles. thanks to everyone who came. hope, me, greg, tope, and plank did an adequate job of getting things run. and i hope everyone had fun.

edit: I forget who it was who said they lost their memory card. I found a stray memory card in my Gamecube. PM and let me know what kind of memory card you lost, and I'll get it back to you somehow, I'll probably mail it. Also it seems, I might've misplaced my memory card. If you find a purple madcatz memory card with Aho written on it in Silver Sharpie, thats mine.

i think m2k won. azen chillin + jiano rounded out the top 4. i hope everyone enjoyed this. i'm beat. next one is october 20 something. its on the first page. i'll make a new thread and a results thread for this tommorow.

FYI, there were 40 teams entered, and 102 entrants for singles. thanks to everyone who came. hope, me, greg, tope, and plank did an adequate job of getting things run. and i hope everyone had fun.

edit: I forget who it was who said they lost their memory card. I found a stray memory card in my Gamecube. PM and let me know what kind of memory card you lost, and I'll get it back to you somehow, I'll probably mail it. Also it seems, I might've misplaced my memory card. If you find a purple madcatz memory card with Aho written on it in Silver Sharpie, thats mine.
october 20 somthing? me and dj combo are tryna go to EC. our birthdays juts happen to be in the twentys. :p
edit - -prolly not going. >_>

Special K 554

Smash Journeyman
So I talked to aho, and i'll obviously be there and helping, along with waving my Nazi flag and DQ'ing people who arent there on time around every corner.

Teams are starting at 12:00 PM
Promptly.

Registration starts at 11, the tournament starts at 12. Don't plan to get there at 12, because if you get there at 12:01 you aren't enterring. Tough cookies. There will be no "send me to losers" jank either, because that just screws over the teams who got there on time in losers bracket.

So yea, we're going to be cracking down no matter who you are. You aren't special because you're good at a game. Fair warning. The only people who I have sympathy at all for are the OOSers who have to travel 4 hours and get up early to make it by 12. However, at least then they will be able to get home at a reasonable hour if they so choose. Im sure it's worth the tradeoff. Everyone from VA who shows up at 2:30 PM for teams is just pitiful.

Since we'll be starting on time, we won't have to start singles while teams is still going.

Between teams and singles there will be a 30 minute break for people to get food.

This prevents people from leaving during singles to say they had to get food etc etc etc. Since no teams will be left, nobody has any excuses and people who don't show up for matches within (x) minutes of the time they're called will be disqualified.

Ill also bring my vcr next month and record intriguing matches then upload them within the next few days.

The Rundown

Teams starts at 12. After teams ends, there will be a 30 minute break to get food before singles starts. Nobody then has any excuses to not be at their matches on time, so we will promptly DQ people for not showing up for their matches.

Sorry to be a complete dick, but the innefficiency of tournaments these days is just disgusting.
All I have to say is "LOL"

Sure glad you posted that 25 times.

All things aside though....

That was crazy, turnout was amazing, and the place was really packed.

Not sure what my final ranking was in singles (or in teams for that matter) but I think I did decent all things considered.

And you guys did a really good running it, considering the size of the place, and being mixed in with other players makes running one tourney quite difficult. Good ****.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Teams
1. Azen and Chu
2. M2K and Chillin
3. NEO and Omni
4. KM and Jiano
5. Cactuar and Sensei

Idk singles. Shoutouts later. Had lots of fun guys. Really. A lot. Thanks MW and OOS'ers for coming. Take a break Janet. NEO is clutch. Me and Neo vs. Watty and Drephen, Jiano and KM, and Chillin vs M2K was recorded on that tape. I didn't do very well in Singles; apparently after I get first seed in pools I go two and out afterwards. Very inconsistent, but still just had alot of fun. Nice meeting so many amazing people.

Rumors:
Chinesah defeated Chillin and KM.
Tope defeated Chu.
The Builder of Rafts has upgraded to The Builder of Boats

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
1/2/3 azenn chillin m2k all split; didnt play it out

4 jiano

5 cactaur, chinesahh

7 tope, eggm?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
why didn't they play it? ****.

good **** everyone.

I proved to everyone who had their doubts that i'm real.

too tired for shoutouts, ima start coming to **** regularly, so i'll be seeing everyone...somewhere. like cantonsville (is that how you spell it?)

hat, we never mmed. voodoo is still pissed lol.

almost forgot the day ended great with Omni+NKK the mewtwos vs. me + amazing controller dude (sorry, i never clearly heard your name, and i didn't want to keep bothering you) the pichus. PICHU ****, WOOHOO. But feel better omni.

Lobos

Smash Master
Great touney guys! I had a great time while I was up and running. I'll post shout outs later since I just woke but great touney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom