• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8Bitman's ARCADE ODYSSEY Tournament! CHECK 3/14/13 UPDATE! - March 30th, 2013 - Miami, Florida

Would you like Pictochat added to the Counterpick List?

• Yes

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • No, it's Pictochat

Votes: 25 54.3%

• Total voters

Mampam

Smash Ace
really ****ing STACKED tourney lol, had alotta fun, it was really good seeing everyone again, and meeting those i hadnt before

imma have to hack nickriddle/seibrik desktop so i can remove the mampam.dll file

shaky is just too redic although halberd threw game 3 of winners bracket LOL xD

yeah gmoney, i know lol, you really are cool..... im just a lil' ***** when i get excessively trolled >__>

glad to know the children were getting recognized for their skill :)

so many damn upsets lol

lies and gdx team for the first time and beat the best team in florida
trump beats nickriddle
daisy beats seibrik
dewdadash beats mvd
lad beats ryo
LJ beats 8bitman

DEM ANIME VIDEOS TOO STRONK

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If I beat you even one game in singles or doubles start to play AE. If I won the set quit brawl too :laugh:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Daisy i'll have you know you now have me watching every recent mk vs IC video i can find

next time i see you

i'm not only coming for that ass, i'm ******* in it

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Whoever's Wii that was set up for pool 2 can you send me the matches of me and Mampam? It is the Link vs Diddy Kong games. There were 3 of them. I wanted to watch them so I can see what I did wrong and hopefully learn from them.
I think that was my wii, ill check later. Was the menu blue?

Mampam

Smash Ace
who the **** gives ****s about the pr lmao

sorry
while i'd like to agree with this, many players, especially trump, have put in SO MUCH effort into this season

hes beaten me, ryo, hungrybox and now nickriddle, so i'd be nice for everyone outside of florida to be able to see peoples accomplishments

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
PERSONALLY i'd rather have people NOT on our official PR's (like trump atm) beat OOS players so we can make them feel bad about being beat by a "random" (no i'm not insinuating trump is a random, but to oos players that don't know anyone outside of who would be on our PR he would be)

yos

Smash Cadet
mampam: good **** making 5th , also dubz was so hype , iwanted u guys to win doe lol . Tampa is doing work lol now we have to make sfl come to future cfl tournies

redhalberd: good **** lol u kinda bodied da PR for free lol also glad ur bak

trump: UR SOOO GODLIKE, U BEAT NICKRIDDLE OMFG :O kinda sucked u and ed had to play yele and lade so early

ED: wut happened lol :o? guess dis wasnt ur tourney :/...

ZHMT: lol u are so good vs falco lol ur welcome :o and we have to practice more lol im still bad vs mk

ChoZox: SAMUS TOO STRONK BROOO , lad was so surprised datu were doing good lol , ur welcome , kinda sucked u had to play daisy again in round 1 , but ik u can beat him if only we had an ic in tampa

CJ: ty so much for helping me vs gufball game 2 lol , cudnt have done it witout u, plus im free lol :o

Jazz: GOOD ****, uve gotten sooooo much better bro ur mm vs mvd was rly close n i was hyped bout dat usmash lol :o

dewdadash: DOODOOTRASH lol now were 3-1 :) lol good **** on beating mvd was rly hard for u to get in , mvd's camp too stronk but dat stage doe OMFG lol

Ryo: lol we both did bad n we didnt play :/... good seeing u doe lol

ereth: U HAVE GOTTEN SOOOO MUCH BETTER, if only u were in tampa cj wud addopt u LOL , nice seeing u , looking forward to gainsville tounrey

daisy: i told u dis a million times lol , UR SO GODLIKE :o good **** on beating seibrik never expected dat lol , also caant believ u lost to mvd :/... u had stock lead , lol ill see u in gainsville tourney

Goofball: lol good **** on ****** me lol , so lucky idk wut to do vs peach but u have gotten wayy better , hope to see u in gainsville

trublu: had to root for daisy ,wifi too stronk lol good seeing u doe , howd u guys do in doubles :o ?

shawdy: we finally meet lol , come to more tournies even as link u have potential :o

Lad: MY FALCO BRETHEREN good **** on beating ryo lol , u had to play zhmt which is kinda bad since i play him all da time and he knows da MU rly well , hope to see u in gainsville

Drew: UR SOOO FREEEEEE lol jkjk but pools kinda sucked :/... took forever , also ill think bout dat dub falco :o lol

master raven: goodd **** on zipping me up in pools lol have to prac mk more :/... also get miami to come pls lol

nickriddle: TRUMP HAS ZIPPED U UP SOOOO HARD lol good **** doe getting 1st , not surprised since u told me u kinda always get 1st lol , u had to rapee my father yele lol :/...

MVD:DOWNLOAD HAS BEEN COMPLETED mvd.snakefree_salt=? files too stronk lol, but good **** kinda sucked u got gayed by delfino , also ur camp game is SO GODLIKE omfg lol

seibrik: lol rly rly nice marf :o , i had to do da same thing vs daisy lol it was so hype wen me & jay had to play u n mvd lol good **** on taking doubles

Shaky: ur so godlike lol hope u and all of sfl comes to cfl :/...

hope miami can come to cfl even doe u guys did it before iwasnt born yet LOL also i rly wanted to do crews :/...

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
>brett says geoff wouldn't get out of pools
>geoff gets out of pools
>brett doesn't
why the **** did singles start so late like wtf

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Yeah everything did take forever.

47 people entered?
We had 33 at our last tourney in gville, we started doubles at around noon and were done with singles at like 930-10. Pools probably was not necessary.

Venue also felt small, crowded, and loud. Couldn't change the volume on the tv's.

Although the arcade was pretty hype. S/O to Lad bodybaggin me in some initial d.
Edit:Yo Apple Jelly with the quick trigger finger on house of the dead 3, bet that keeps courtney happy ;)

Other than that you did good 8titman. Felt like signups and stuff were pretty well organized.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
RR pools were done because so many OOR people showed up. He didn't want those who would go 0-2 to feel cheated after driving 4-6 hours. People complain about it all the time.
If those traveling are against RR pools, we will not use them again~

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Well I would not have felt cheated. But I understand your point. I think if we had finished earlier and had time for crews/friendlies everyone would have enjoyed themselves just as much

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
if it were 64+ to get down to a final 32 i could see it (cause people think being in some "elite" final bracket is cool), but yea.. what is worse? goin 0-2 or goin x-10 in pools? i just see that is being even ****tier for a newer/worse player. to play out these useless games when you know you're already out mathematically

pools would've been fine if **** started earlier. i figured the venue was being used prior to noon, but sign-ups could've been done outside before hand and warm-ups over at 1

only other break would be 1hr to get food and what not after doubles

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
I liked the pools. I felt like everyone had a chance to play and not just get eliminated in the first 2 rounds. Good stuff Brett.

Mampam

Smash Ace
PERSONALLY i'd rather have people NOT on our official PR's (like trump atm) beat OOS players so we can make them feel bad about being beat by a "random" (no i'm not insinuating trump is a random, but to oos players that don't know anyone outside of who would be on our PR he would be)
i know what you mean lol, but after trump vs ally, idt anyone would think that xD

Master Raven

Smash Master
i don't mind pools, but that's because i like to play as many people as i can. pragmatically, bracket probably would've been better, but whatever. i think it was a good tourney and it's boosted my confidence in the future prospects for SFL Brawl.

i think i'm going to do shout outs because... well why not

8bitman: Good job on hosting this and congrats on the license. You're a cool dude and we should hang out more often.

Ryo: You're a cool and hilarious dude. Gainesville people seem pretty chill. I think you guys are my favorite non-SFL region haha.

Ereth: We didn't play, but I like your Marth. You got good potential. Thanks for letting me borrow your extra controller.

Nick Riddle: **** ZSS lOL that character is ****ing weird. I will get my revenge eventually!

Pure Blue: NYAAAH SANIC NYAAAAH You're a cool and funny dude to hang around. You have this awkward sense of humor but you do it so masterfully that I love it.

DREW: Yeah, I didn't steamroll. wELP

AfroThundah: why are you not here

Seibrik: Reese's Puffs is OP

MVD: I'LL GET YOUR SNAKE TOO EVENTUALLY

GOG: Haha that random DS photoshoot!

Yos: Honestly, I think you're already the best Falco in FL. You just need start smoothing out your mechanical gameplay (by that I mean, your inputs and reaction time). You know what you're doing. I got lucky that first game.

Mampam: Always a pleasure seeing you. You bring a good vibe with your presence and I really appreciate how outgoing and polite you are.

LoliLovesRain: Good to see you! I would've wanted to talk more but my voice was destroyed that day.

Goofball: You got a great Peach. I want to see you do work in more tourneys in the future.

Gmoney: Good to see you dude. I don't mind your dickishness lol and that first game with MVD was so ****ing hilarious even though it got some people mad lol

Dolo: Haha I remember you from the F5 days. It's a small world.

SSBBDaisy: We didn't play, but good job 2 stocking Seibrik like damn I didn't know you were that good.

Master Raven: You're bad.

Crush: Your Ike has potential. You know what you're doing, and you live with Tampa so just keep playing and you'll be bodying people within a few months lol.

ZMT: Good to see you. I really wanted to talk more but my voice was wrecked for nearly the whole day because I was sick. I'm glad we both share a common love for Carl Sagan, yeah!

Lies!: You've gotten a lot better. I'm glad you're still playing, and in all honesty it'd be nice to team with you one of these days, no lie haha

Redhalberd: Your presence always brings in more hype to these events. We should do a MM MK ditto, because I really want to play you in bracket (The clubhouse doesn't count, you didn't use MK LOL) but I just never manage to get to you. No lie I get hyped as hell if I know I'm going to play you lol

//JaZz\\

Smash Journeyman
I've had such an amazing time at thiz. Waz so damn great to see old friendz and finally meet tha otherz from north FL. Good job to everyone and much more. It waz fun playing our MM MVD. Can't wait to play u agn. Ereth wut a MM set we had lol goodstuff. I glad to hve had to play u agn GDX. It waz an honer :fox:

True Blue

Smash Lord
Nah he hasn't tried yet. He still has a job to do that he is failing at. Which is to post up the results thread.
But maybe he can't put it up cause he was murdered... BY ED!
DUN DUN DUUUUUN!!!

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
8bitman, hopefully when u read this u do not take it as a personal attack, instead take it as constructive critisism for the next time.

making mistakes is not the sign of a bad host, not improving on those mistakes once they've been pointed out, however, is.

that being said, yes there may be a few of these issues that would be solved by the venue switching to flippers

however, i dont think a tournament every month at flippers would be feasable. they have a very busy schedule so i think the best bet will be for us to plan for an early may event there. i'll keep everyone posted

another reason we should use oddysey every other month is for the regulars around the kendall area. true maybe not alot came out this time but i wouldn't count them out yet. they tend to come sparatically and when they do, its our job to make the event hype and amazing so they keep coming back

that being said i will be hosting smash fests every friday at flippers and I'll keep everyone updated with more info as it comes

Top Bottom