• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

825 BPM -- Glen Ellyn IL -- RESULTS

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I forfeited in bracket after I lost to Kirk because I was super-tired and didn't wanna play anymore. Next time I'll get top 5, don't worry! :colorful: Shout-outs later, I'm glad I got to see everyone again!

steep

Smash Lord
Shoutouts later when I am less tired! This was a fun tourney! Good stuff hosting Arty and Sveet!

Spife

Smash Master
full shout outs in a bit, but I'm missing a memory card, and i'm 90% sure it's not in my bag or in my car some where.
It's grey, and it should haaaaave sa2:b data, ssbm data, and pso data on it. Possibly sc2 data as well.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^ how do you get starcraft 2 data onto a gamecube memory card?

Sveet-I am making DK64 a neutral at my next tournament. Nice showing. If I had known you'd hook me up with a ride earlier I'd have stayed most likely but it's always nice to spend time with your old college roommate you never see. Thought you said we got 4th in dubs :/ Excellent job TOing.
I thought we got 4th; I didn't do the math but someone told me if we won that set we got 4th. Also, its probably for the best I didn't give you a ride. My truck is still at the school, it wouldn't start.

Arty, do you have the brackets for melee or did they get thrown out? I would need those to make a TIO file to upload to the SSBPD.

-- Shoutouts --

First, thank you to every single player that came. Without you this tournament would be nothing.

Thanks to Arty for being an amazing co-TO. The food and drinks were the bomb. Can't wait til next time!

Thanks to all the people who stepped up to help TO on the spot. MDZ, Oro?!, Metroid -- without you this tournament would not have finished.

Shoutouts...

to IN for denying me a shake until midnight.

to Teczero for breaking the Juggleguy curse. Also, for training with me countless hours and giving me tips. I don't think I would have beat Matt R or Bieber without that practice or your words before the set.

to Bieber. Had a great summer man, gonna miss having you around.

to Spife for accidentally getting car canceled. I'll try to keep an eye out for it next time.

to everyone else. You know who you are. Can't wait to see you next month!

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
MRM - Typically I do play ROB in doubles, but Kappy and I entered for fun, so I played a character I have fun with, Sheik. If we were both practiced up for a tournament like we used to be, we would've done ROB/Kirby, no question.
Oh, I'd never do that lol. Though playing Link in doubles is a lot of fun, and DK-LINK would be pretty WTF.

MRM - GGs dude. You got an extremely patient wolf, so it through me off, since me and Kain are very aggressive, and I'm used to that. I should've stayed GW on Delphino, but I hate that stage, so I thought I could sneak a win with Luigi.
Delfino is IMO one of wolfs best stages

5. MegaRobMan :wolfbrawl: - nice job getting 5th. I'm done going pika against wolf, it's too gay... it's not worth getting a win in bracket if everyone's going to be like "he only won because he CGed him every stock". anyways thanks for coming out.
lol I would much rather face Pika than MK, but that's one of like 7 matchups I know well.

I thought we got 4th; I didn't do the math but someone told me if we won that set we got 4th. Also, its probably for the best I didn't give you a ride. My truck is still at the school, it wouldn't start.
No worries, had fun teaming with you.

And that sucks, yeah sounds like I dodged a bullet.

Arty

Smash Lord

Arty, do you have the brackets for melee or did they get thrown out? I would need those to make a TIO file to upload to the SSBPD.
I don't have the sheets sadly. I'm not sure what happened to them.

Also, for the Melee doubles results, someone wrote down the placings next to each team, so I just went off that.

Hoefler

BRoomer
Thanks for the great tournament. My only gripe is that melee doubles took forever! I'm definitely happy that I got 7th, wasn't expecting that, especially on 90 minutes of sleep rofl. Thanks for the top tier hot and readies as well as the pop supply.

Young Dan for president 2012.

EDIT: Someone spelled my name Houffler in the PM listing. lewl

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Shoutouts

Kels - Dude, WFs was a crazy sick set. I couldn't even be upset I lost because it was so close and tense. It was good seeing/playing you man.

Kappy - Dude, K-on tea timu :3c. Thanks for letting us play PM and just hanging out. Was one of the best highlights of the week for me. I found a use for that WD waddle dees! :3

Kirk - Dedede ftilt :3c. Thanks for housing and playing my really terrible self in Marvel LOL. I had a ton of fun at your place. Dedede/Ike in PM teams was really fun too.

Trail - It was good meeting you man, Thursday night was a blast glad you made it out. Games at Joe's was mad fun too.

Mattdotzeb/Spife - It was crazy seeing you guys in IL man never seen it coming haha. Glad you guys both made it to Joe's on Thursday even though you had work the next day. Wouldn't have been the same without you guys. I had so much fun at my birthday because of you guys thanks :)

Composer - I mean literally came out from IN :3c. So happy you guys made it out, thanks for playing me in marvel at Kirk's I finally feel like I'm starting to get a much better hang of the games now because I played you and Kirk for like a few hrs straight. Playing you in persona was so fun! I hope you get the game and we can play it again next time I see you.

Squid - It was good to see you again squid, I needed the cheering section for all my melee sets :3. Cici's with you/composer/hades was actually like the funniest 2 hrs of my life LOL. Next year lets actually play some kind of game together.

Azu-cat - For just, being the best :3. Thanks for bringing out P4A to the tourney dude, it was like actually the only thing I could play because it was so much fun. Mitsuwa/K-on tea party was making all of us just :3. Try not elbowing me though because I want to hug gitah :<

And then the last two people to shoutout for me like, I love you guys so much haha. You really made this trip pretty sweet.

Sveet - Literally incredibly generous with housing and playing me, I really don't think I could have done this trip without you dude. I really do owe you one for what you did. Of course because of it I had an incredible time, playing you/kyle/matt/bieber and everyone else you invited for melee because I was there was such a blast. And having me over for my birthday was awesome of you. For our set, I thought you played really well, playing my marth all those days felt like it gave you a better understand how to approach the match up. You played really solid, I know some of us were joking that you'd win but I actually felt like that could happen in our set I won all my games in really close fashion. Till next year though right? xD

Oro - Literally drove me everywhere in IL LOL. Thanks for pretty much everything, mitsuwa,tea party,tourney, going to Joe's couldn't have done it without you Mugi chan. Glad I had a chance to drink with you too LOL, the Kraken though man :3. I mean my week was literally K-on tea party, kawaii golf, 2D fighters, Melee, discovering MW McDonalds is broken, and yea LOL. I had so much fun, I'll let you know next year if we're doing this again :3

And the rest of IL, thanks for hanging out and playing me and chilling out. It only felt like I was there for like 3 days I really wish I coulda stayed a bit longer :(.

Till next time guys.

metroid1117

Smash Master
^ how do you get starcraft 2 data onto a gamecube memory card?
I think he meant Soul Caliber 2. Ahh, good times.

I've finished uploading my Project M videos onto my channel. A playlist of all recorded Project M matches (including Mundungu's videos) can be found here.

Time for shout-outs!

Rat, Oro, and Sveet - Thank you for putting this event together, I had a great time and you guys got a LOT of stuff done in the time that you were given. It was fun helping out with Project M :).

Kels - Great job taking 1st! It was good to see you back in IL again. Fun matches in P:M doubles, you should try picking up a new character :p.

Frootloop - Props to winning Melee doubles! It was nice seeing you again and finally playing you in Melee. Even though I got destroyed, it was a lot of fun! Good games, I hope I get to play you again!

Zimo, Kevin, and Eric - It was great to see you guys again! I'm sorry that we didn't get that many friendlies in, but I'm sure we'll play more during the school year, especially since I'll have a car. Project M has taken up most of my Smash time, but your improvement has made me want to play Melee more!

Ten - It was great to see you again! It's too bad we couldn't get more friendlies in, but it was fun to play you in bracket. Hopefully I'll see you at the next tournament!

Tink - I didn't know that you didn't enter Melee singles o_0. It was great to see you again, I wish we got to play some Melee or PM friendlies though.

Mundungu - It was fun playing you in PM doubles! It's too bad we didn't get to play any friendlies though =/. Thanks for bringing your recording setup, it's a luxury that's become a standard in our community but tends to go unappreciated.

Ripple - I can't believe I didn't get to play you very much =/. Your DK is solid, it would've been fun to play you in bracket! As with Mundungu, thanks for streaming and recording - it's a luxury that's become a standard but tends to go unappreciated. I hope to play you at the next tournament!

Zwarm and Kappy - It was nice seeing you guys again! Talking with you guys makes me miss the Smashfests at Kirk's old house. Good games in PM doubles, I hope to see you again!

Norm - I'm so embarrassed that I didn't recognize you =/. Sorry about that, it's been a while since I last saw the IL Smash community and an even longer time since I saw the Brawl community. I wish we got some friendlies in!

Hunger - I haven't seen you in a long time! It was fun talking with you, thanks for wishing me luck in PM Singles :). I hope I see you again!

ORLY - Man, you did work in every event you entered! Great job winning Melee Doubles, it's about time someone beat Tink and Kels. It was fun playing you in PM, I'm looking forward to the next time we play! Let's get in some Melee friendlies next time, I'm still so free in the Falcon match-up lol.

Kirk - It was great to see you again, I'm glad that you've been doing well! You did so much work in PM even though you don't have the Melee tech skill, mad props. It was so scary to get above your Bowser, I jumped into soooooooooooooo many UAirs >.>. You should practice PM and power up that tech skill for the next tournament :p. I hope to see you soon!

Rat - Your Sonic is so scary >.>. It was a lot of fun playing you, I'm sorry that you seemed unsatisfied with how you played though =/. I hope I play you at the next tournament!

Marque - Sorry about the mix-up in trying to find out your next match >.>. I had fun playing friendlies with you though, you have a great Lucario! We should play more next time!

TGD - I'm glad you made it, it was great to see you again! Good games in PM singles, sorry that the current Ike is jank =/. I'm also sorry to hear that that was your last tournament in a while, I hope to see you again soon!

Spoon - It was good seeing you again! Good games in PM, I'm glad we got to play each other. Nice job repping Snake, he lacks a lot of love in the Midwest =/. I hope to play you again!

Nap - Da bess teams partner, thanks for putting up with all of my team hits/kills. Team Ikeizard will get it's revenge next time!

Demille - Good games in friendlies and doubles, it was fun to play you! I hope to see you at the next tournament!

Xyless - Man, it's been a long time since I last saw you! I'm glad to see that you're doing well, I wish I got to talk to you more though =/. I hope to see you again!

LMNO - Good games in PM doubles, I wish we got to play more friendlies though! It was nice meeting you, I hope to see you at the next tournament.

Anyone else I didn't mention but played/met - Good games, sorry I didn't catch all of your names!

ORLY

Smash Master
@metroid: i just watched our set and i gotta say, ike is broken as hell, but you've got some style

.. i just really hate your character, rofl

Spife

Smash Master
wow, I found my memory card...IN MATT'S BED!
You think you know a guy and then...this happens. Like, I thought he'd at least have the decency to talk to me about something like this. I know I broke up with that memory card so I have to live with it but don't you guys think that's a little ****ed up? We were together for two and a half years, Matt even introduced me!

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Norm - I'm so embarrassed that I didn't recognize you =/. Sorry about that, it's been a while since I last saw the IL Smash community and an even longer time since I saw the Brawl community. I wish we got some friendlies in!
don't worry about it, also you still in naperville? if so we need to play sometime, i love pm but don't have anyone to play with.

steep

Smash Lord
wow, I found my memory card...IN MATT'S BED!
You think you know a guy and then...this happens. Like, I thought he'd at least have the decency to talk to me about something like this. I know I broke up with that memory card so I have to live with it but don't you guys think that's a little ****ed up? We were together for two and a half years, Matt even introduced me!
Wow Ha Ha I'm laughing so hard at this...

metroid1117

Smash Master
@metroid: i just watched our set and i gotta say, ike is broken as hell, but you've got some style

.. i just really hate your character, rofl
Thanks haha, I try to be unnecessarily flashy. I think that a lot of 2.1 Ike's tools are unnecessarily good, I hope he gets toned down in the next release.

don't worry about it, also you still in naperville? if so we need to play sometime, i love pm but don't have anyone to play with.
I'm not in Naperville anymore, but I'm in Buffalo Grove; we should definitely meet for some PM! What days are you usually free?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Hey mundungu, my set with Teczero was actually winners semis (winners round 4) and thus a best of 5. Can you reupload with game 3?

edit-

@Composer: Shake malnutrition has caused me serious harm. I have been prescribed a shake a day for the next week to get my levels back to normal. So far so good...

Top Bottom