• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

8 man Brawl Online Tournament <UK, 11th May 14:00 GMT> 8/8 Players| Results up

Rocky18

Smash Apprentice
I didnt know i should continue playing after i lose...sorry.What about another tourney next sunday?

VA

Smash Hero
I didnt know i should continue playing after i lose...sorry.What about another tourney next sunday?
**** that.

snake online is laughable, as is peach. 1 second input delay spoils peachs speed, and I lost to edwin because i pressed jump and did a down air, and the jump didn't come off because of input delay...

not playing an online tournament again, it's ****

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Yes im sure in a real tourney the results would have come out alot different, timing is everything, but anything this has been, not much we can do.

Rocky18

Smash Apprentice
**** that.

snake online is laughable, as is peach. 1 second input delay spoils peachs speed, and I lost to edwin because i pressed jump and did a down air, and the jump didn't come off because of input delay...

I had a lot of problems with lag t00.This is not an oficial tourney, just play for fun

Edds

Smash Ace
**** that.

yeah the camping thing online that most do. the ones that call it skill .etc. that delay is reallly annoying when you face against someone who camps+spams.

VA

Smash Hero
yeah the camping thing online that most do. the ones that call it skill .etc. that delay is reallly annoying when you face against someone who camps+spams.
yes, I actually had some trouble seeing off this guy who played wolf and just rolled, spammed b and fsmash. normally this would be like taking candy from a baby, online play spoils any kind of competition in brawl.

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
I never have a problem with camping because of its fundemental flaw, it is predictable. No matter how good they are, if they camp u can tell what they are gunna do. Short hop airdodges help too.
Similarly something to remember is if you are lagging, the opponent will be lagging too, so provided its not 1 frame advancements every second it shouldnt be a big problem cause they have to deal with it (1 frame a second is just unplayable).
I guess after playing online, predicting lag is second nature to me lol

ps thnx grimpeh, I had fun, tell me if/when you are going to host another

VA

Smash Hero
Well it's annoying because quick finger actions with peach don't come off, like fast FC's, you just cannot play her properly online. and like, I won in the end by fsmashing and he kept rolling into it with snake.

Mr P

Smash Ace
Well it's annoying because quick finger actions with peach don't come off, like fast FC's, you just cannot play her properly online. and like, I won in the end by fsmashing and he kept rolling into it with snake.
This is true, although the online generally sucks with every character i seem to find it nearly impossible with peach. Online i cannot play anything like i do in person and it's pretty frustrating, just gotta take these online things as "fun" i guess.

VA

Smash Hero
This is true, although the online generally sucks with every character i seem to find it nearly impossible with peach. Online i cannot play anything like i do in person and it's pretty frustrating, just gotta take these online things as "fun" i guess.
thank god someone understands, I play peach for the majority of my matches because snake is even worse, but seriously I had no idea how freaking awful she is online.

in short, if you like online, you're gay.

Oosband

Smash Cadet
vanityangel you should stop *****ing because you didn't come first.
Everyone suffers from lag, just input your buttons slightly earlier, it's not hard to get used to.

It was a fun tourney.

VA

Smash Hero
vanityangel you should stop *****ing because you didn't come first.
Everyone suffers from lag, just input your buttons slightly earlier, it's not hard to get used to.

It was a fun tourney.
lol go home noob, I'd **** you in any smash offline. lag ruins games, it's common knowledge.

Aiko

Smash Champion
this tournament shouldn't be taken seriously. Online with lag is nothing compared to the real thing. This isn't representative at all. VA is miles better than Edwin at brawl (no offense edwin) and yet VA is 5th and Edwin at 2nd. Go to TKI.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Good stuff Blinky, guess all those matches paid off eh?

How to beat lag

1) Pick Olimar (now the manliest captain in the game, sadly)
2) Get a controller that looks like this

3) Profit

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
It is true the online, in tournement form or random friendly, shouldn't be taken as seriously as offline (which allows people to perform far greater than they ever could online *fingers crossed PAL rumor*). Just remember to have fun really, you shouldn't care if you lose an online match, similar to you shouldn't care if you lose a friendly, offline tournements are where you truly prove yourself.
I really wish i could go to TKI, but its right in my exams :( . Thankfully afterwards i have about 3 months till uni so if anyone hosts anything there I'll be happy to turn up and see everyone at their best :) .
Thnx frostbyte btw, although your olimar comment isnt quite true, he's one of the matches I dont worry about (online or offline), just bait his smashes/outprioritise him/kill his pikmin

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
Do you **** talk in real life also VA? :p That contracting aids comment would have only been funny in font format (but it still wasn't) xD

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
I **** talk in real life and lol at you only coming into the scene when Brawl is out.
Was i talking to you?

And what's so funny about that? I've never bothered going to competitions before, getting brawl just made me want to. Why does it matter and who asked you anyway?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well I thought about what you said so I went through every post in this thread and I realise no1 was talking to me... then I came to realise that I had a keyboard and fingers which allowed me to type whatever cockyness I wanted. Which now bringsme to the comment of LOOOL at missing melee and going straight to brawl.

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
Lol, i played Melee actually, just never decided to take it to a serious level. Also the way you twisted the way i used the word 'talk' was incredibly witty /clap.
Also i don't see why you should pride yourself on how long you've been playing competitively, it's just a game after all.

Top Bottom