• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I know this doesn't have anything to do with Smash, but has anyone here played any of the Dissidia games? I've been watching gameplay videos, and it may be just me, but it does look pretty fun, except for Vaan. And it appears to me at least Cloud's Omnislash actually looks more powerful in Smash than in Dissidia
I have. What do you want to know?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Hey, guys! My hoodie just came in! And it actually fits!
No idea why the site is flipping the second one over, lol.
IMG_20160409_2052390.jpg
IMG_20160409_2053125.jpg

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
All of you rejoicing over Cloud being in Smash and while I enjoy him and still tri-main him, he's easily my least used of the 3, largely just because how good he is. When I'm 1v1ing with my cousin and I get uair after uair including reading his airdodges, I can't help but feel somewhat dirty. There are so many characters that can't do a thing about it except hope to airdodge through it. It's at least better than Sheik and her fair chains or MK and his old ladder but still. Along with getting Limit and required one simple read to land Cross Slash to take a stock.

I think I'm too used to mid tiers :ganondorfmelee::wolf:
>getting used to mid tiers

i bet you play with items YOU CASUAL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
>getting used to mid tiers

i bet you play with items YOU CASUAL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FF dubs all the way!

Truth be told, I'm a casual who enjoys the competitive ruleset and stages but would rather use a character who's fun but flawed than a character who easily wins but is boring. Bonus points if they're fun and easily win, hence why I'm here!...And I guess the M2 social but that character wasn't good upon his release like Cloud.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I submitted this clip from my friend's Wii U today for Alpharad's Replay Hut. What do ya'll think? Replay Hut worthy. If you like it, can you please upvote my post on this? My post should be kinda recent and I put my name as "4Tifa"

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Pretty cool sweatshirt, though the purple is a little off putting with the design but that's just me.

Also, now we know what you look like.
Yeah, I thought the black looked cool, but I have too many black clothes, lol.
But yeah, it's like looking at a real life Cloud, amirite?

Last edited:

Stylo Ren

Smash Cadet
NNID
Random4811
I know this doesn't have anything to do with Smash, but has anyone here played any of the Dissidia games? I've been watching gameplay videos, and it may be just me, but it does look pretty fun, except for Vaan. And it appears to me at least Cloud's Omnislash actually looks more powerful in Smash than in Dissidia
Dissidia is great, get 012 or wait for the new one to come out (although I still reccomend 012, as the new one is supposed to be radically different)

I've put over 300 hours total into Dissidia and 012 combined, lovely games. All the characters are relatively fun to use, not one that I dont really enjoy using, and every battle is pretty fun. It was a great choice for a handheld, because its perfect to pick up and play. Truth be told, I'd still be playing it to this day but my PSP screen is shattered

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
lol git gud

In all seriousness

Get in his zone, pressure him, dont be predictable, gimp him, take advantage of his disadvantage state (offstage)

Ill expand on this later
O I was just playing I wanted to main cloud but people hate him so much I'm just going to stick with M2 and Pit lol

Stylo Ren

Smash Cadet
NNID
Random4811
Ummmm... what? How was I supposed to know that?
Stylo Ren Stylo Ren How much did your psp cost? I want to get dissidia 012 but I'm not sure how much money I should be spending on it.
Oh I dont know, I got it when PSP's were still relevant about 5 or 6 years ago, it was around 100-120 bucks i think.
If you have a ps4 or a vita, I believe you can get it on the PSN store

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
People hate Cloud? kek next time someone hates on you for choosing a character tell them Rick said "Build a bridge and get over it". No matter how much people ***** about a character they need to face the fact that said character is here to stay so suck it up buttercup, on a different note how's everyone?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's stupid for those out there to bash other people just cuz they like playing as him.
I don't care what anyone says, it's my life, my choice. I can play whoever the **** I wanna play as.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
If someone tells you to change characters, tell them you're not interested. :4cloud:

D

Deleted member

Play as whoever you want, regardless of whether other people hate them or not~

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I'd say play as who you want, any character you find fun, play as them. That being said, maybe this is just me but part of the fun of Smash is enjoying a match with someone in person. You may enjoy playing a a character but if your bud can't stand it, it lowers the amount of fun the character you like playing as brings. I have this issue with Cloud, it's why he's my least used of my 3 mains. When a Smash session goes from laughs and jokes to quiet seriousness over a character change...it's a bit unsettling.

D

Deleted member

If you like to play as a character, you should play as them. Who cares what other people think? Even if I get ridiculed for using Cloud, I wouldn't care. I'm playing as the character that I have the most fun with and I am playing as Cloud Strife in Smash Bros.!
I'm kinda used to this kind of crap anyway. I used to play as Luigi very often, even before the patch that nerfed him.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
****, I remember how hard Rosalina got hit with multiple nerfs on the first balance patch and to this day, I still play as her. I now find myself playing as Cloud just as much as I play Rosalina, my two most used characters these days.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
So I beat FFVII last night for the first time. The ending was kinda weird. If I didn't know Advent Children didn't exist, I would've assumed humanity was killed off.

But yeah, that was a great game. I really enjoyed the ATB system, and the characters and story were great.

Also, can I just say how cool it is that Tifa's weapon of choice is her fists? It's not often you see a female character in an RPG with that as their main weapon. Usually it's like a bow or magic or whatever. You'd expect someone like Barret would use their fists, but nah.

Anyway, what FF game should I play next? I heard FFVI is a good one.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
So I beat FFVII last night for the first time. The ending was kinda weird. If I didn't know Advent Children didn't exist, I would've assumed humanity was killed off.

But yeah, that was a great game. I really enjoyed the ATB system, and the characters and story were great.

Also, can I just say how cool it is that Tifa's weapon of choice is her fists? It's not often you see a female character in an RPG with that as their main weapon. Usually it's like a bow or magic or whatever. You'd expect someone like Barret would use their fists, but nah.

Anyway, what FF game should I play next? I heard FFVI is a good one.
I mean, she is Zangan's best student! <3
image.jpg

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
-m0 -m0 PSPs are pretty cheap nowadays, I got one with a memory card around 2 years ago for about €50 which is probably around $70-$80.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
It's been awhile since I've posted something on Smashboards. So I would like to ask you guys a simple question... How do you guys play around with Cloud's Limit Break once you get it fully charged? Do you throw it out immediately or do you play patient with it and use it for recovery or a possibly read with the Limit Break? I honestly like to play Cloud like the Japanese Players play him. I dislike being too aggressive with Limit Break and Up-airs like other players play him. I hope you guys understand what I'm saying because I'm pretty bad at explaining things :4cloud:

Top Bottom