• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Everyday take a moment to realize...Cloud is in Super Smash Bros. It's good to be alive...

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Everyday take a moment to realize...Cloud is in Super Smash Bros. It's good to be alive...
You just wanted to steal the page, didn't you...

But yeah, it's mind-boggling
We can talk extenisively about a strictly third-party franchise on a site for a Nintendo game and be perfectly normal

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
You just wanted to steal the page, didn't you...

But yeah, it's mind-boggling
We can talk extenisively about a strictly third-party franchise on a site for a Nintendo game and be perfectly normal
How did you know...
Haha but totally its crazy that Cloud is in this game, Can you upload videos to smashboards? Cause i wanna post my reaction to Clouds announcement its pretty ridiculous...

Stylo Ren

Smash Cadet
NNID
Random4811
I've only heard about people comparing this Lightning character to Cloud in terms of personality but still, it sounds like something I would like to experience for myself once I finish with FInal Fantasy VII.

Speaking of VII, I've managed to put in 28 hours into the game and finished "Part 1" of it. I'm guessing I made it halfway into the story, I suppose?

And yes...that means...I've seen it...with my own eyes... She's gone...Aeris is gone...It's so very sad... :(
No. Play a better Final fantasy, like VI or IX. XIII is a waste of time. XIII-2 is okay. But you're better off playing good games first

also are you playing the original, mistranslated PSX version? her name is Aerith.

Also dont let m0 fool you, disc 2 is one of the better sections of the game, although I honestly think the middle of disc 1 is one of the best parts of it (going to the golden saucer and all that). The opening of disc 2 with the Northern cave and such sets up a lot of important stuff and sets the tone for the next several hours of gameplay

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
How did you know...
Haha but totally its crazy that Cloud is in this game, Can you upload videos to smashboards? Cause i wanna post my reaction to Clouds announcement its pretty ridiculous...
Yeah, you can upload vids. See the film strip icon on the comment toolbar? Click that, put the link in the box and hit "Embed".

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
No. Play a better Final fantasy, like VI or IX. XIII is a waste of time. XIII-2 is okay. But you're better off playing good games first

also are you playing the original, mistranslated PSX version? her name is Aerith.

Also dont let m0 fool you, disc 2 is one of the better sections of the game, although I honestly think the middle of disc 1 is one of the best parts of it (going to the golden saucer and all that). The opening of disc 2 with the Northern cave and such sets up a lot of important stuff and sets the tone for the next several hours of gameplay
Her name is Aerith, but it's misspelled in the steam version as well. I did change it tho

I didn't say disc 2 was terrible, just getting lost in the snow wasteland. Although I have yet to see what disc 3 has to fully offer, I do think that disc 2 was the worst (still amazing tho). I also think disc 1 was the best. It had so much content (at least it felt so much bigger than the others)

Stylo Ren

Smash Cadet
NNID
Random4811
How many times have you guys ran through FF7? and how many of you have never played the game and are only here because you're filthy, filthy tier whores? (remember guys, its not about frame data, its about blood, sweat and love.)

I myself have gone through one almost full runthrough (my disc stopped working at the end of disc 2 after being stuck on him for like 2 months so I just looked up the ending, because after about 3 months of being unable to finish the game in 6th grade, I had to know) and about 20 partial runthroughs, getting to the end of disc 1 at least 10 times and getting to the middle of disc 2 at least 3 times.

Her name is Aerith, but it's misspelled in the steam version as well. I did change it tho

I didn't say disc 2 was terrible, just getting lost in the snow wasteland. Although I have yet to see what disc 3 has to fully offer, I do think that disc 2 was the worst (still amazing tho). I also think disc 1 was the best. It had so much content (at least it felt so much bigger than the others)
Oh, I must not have noticed because I instinctively change it then.

Nah, Disc 3 doesnt really have a lot to it, you're kinda bottlenecked into the ending at that point. Disc 2 is the most open the game is, and you have access to all the features. All of the sidequests are available to you (although many of them are time sensitive) and you really get a good look at Shinra and the world. I think Disc 2 is the strongest part of the game, Disc 1 is also fantastic though. I've definitely gotten through Disc 1 more times.

Its got a lot going for it. Disc 1 has the biggest chunk of the story in it, planted around the middle of the disc, and then sprinkled a bit out to the end of the disc. However, most of the features of the game are locked to you and in terms of gameplay, the content is less than that at disc 2. You can't start raising chocobos until disc 2, and thats one of my favorite parts of the game, because its a fun minigame side quest. (I still havent gotten Knights of the Round, im not a great breeder yet. I've only gotten to that part of the game a handful of times)

Last edited:

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
How many times have you guys ran through FF7? and how many of you have never played the game and are only here because you're filthy, filthy tier whores? (remember guys, its not about frame data, its about blood, sweat and love.)
I'm surprised you're able to get away with saying things like that on here. Does it matter why people chose to play Cloud? Maybe they have played the games and chose to pick up the character just because of their sheer love of the series? or decided to drop their previous character because they feel more comfortable playing him?. What ever the reason no need to throw out insults as it pretty much makes you look like a ****..

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Way to take the spotlight with that statement.

Cloud in Smash Bros. is the main reason why I started playing Final Fantasy VII.

Last edited:

Stylo Ren

Smash Cadet
NNID
Random4811
I'm surprised you're able to get away with saying things like that on here. Does it matter why people chose to play Cloud? Maybe they have played the games and chose to pick up the character just because of their sheer love of the series? or decided to drop their previous character because they feel more comfortable playing him?. What ever the reason no need to throw out insults as it pretty much makes you look like a ****..
It was a joke dude calm the hell down

like chill brah
ー仁二二二ア
ヽ༼ ͠ ͠° ͜ʖ ͠ ͠° ༽ノ

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I've never played FFVII (although I want to, waiting for the remake) though I didn't pick up Cloud due to his tier ranking. Picked him up because he's fun to play. Heck, Ganon is my 4th best in this game and 3rd best in Brawl. Tiers don't mean **** to me.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I've never played FFVII (although I want to, waiting for the remake) though I didn't pick up Cloud due to his tier ranking. Picked him up because he's fun to play. Heck, Ganon is my 4th best in this game and 3rd best in Brawl. Tiers don't mean **** to me.
Me too, I remember I did used to own a Playstation. But I never got the game, suppose I did get to play FF VII at that time, I might think that PS is a cool console.
I pick Cloud because he is cool and fun to play.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I got to the end of Disc 2 and saw the scene with Cloud and Tifa.

Welp, that's not gonna be in the remake :yeahboi:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
I beat VII like 6 years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, even though it's not my favorite. I'm actually tempted to get it again on PS4 cause the VII theme that comes with it is just amazing.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Speaking of that Final Fantasy VII theme that came with the game, does anyone know the name of that song that plays in the background...for those that have the theme on their PS4, that is?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I'm actually worried that the remake is going to butcher the game. I'll probably edit this later but I have to go now.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I've only played a portion of FF VII (lack of a memory card prevented me from going further), but I've been exposed to it enough where I know the whole game practically. I'll get to playing it proper eventually.

As for Cloud being one of my mains, I didn't pick him up because of his tier placing, I never gave a damn about tiers. I play Cloud because he's fun, his playstyle works for me, and it's FF VII Cloud, not post VII 'brooding' Cloud that I've grown to dislike over the years.

Change the color of your text. It's damn near impossible to read without highlighting.
View attachment 102865
I think it's a violation in the Geneva Convention somewhere to have that color.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I played FFVII when I was about 14 years old.
There were a lot of themes, even minor touches and plot points, that resonated with my teenage self.
Cloud's personal struggle with his identity, his desire to impress a girl he likes, his painful past, his apparent lack of a father, being betrayed by a friend he once deeply respected, the loss of dear friends, and more all echoed with less-than-fortunate circumstances of my own life.
It got to the point where I saw (and still do) Cloud as something of an alter-ego. He's the Jesse who had to endure a lot of crap, but came out stronger for it.
That's why he's my main now. The fact that he's so good is just a bonus.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm actually worried that the remake is going to butcher the game. I'll probably edit this later but I have to go now.
I do recall that some remakes have been easier than the originals. Super Mario 64 DS is a perfect example of a Super Mario 64 remake that feels easier than the original, especially the Bowser battles.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I recall people mentioning here that FFVII had certain parts with excessive swearing and potentially other parts that might be changed in the remake. I'm reminded of Rare and Conker Live & Reloaded. Was originally meant to be Uncut & Uncensored yet ironically became more censored than the original. Different company and this was years ago but it wouldn't surprise me if stuff was removed or changed in the remake of FFVII.

And Mario & Sonic Guy's point, along with the posts I've been reading on here like Tino's leads me to a question, is FFVII considered a hard game? I suppose it's all relative and the opinion changes from person to person but just a general idea. Or given that it's an rpg, are there any particularly hard points in the game?

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of that Final Fantasy VII theme that came with the game, does anyone know the name of that song that plays in the background...for those that have the theme on their PS4, that is?
It's Aerith's theme. I believe it's the version from Advent Children

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
It was a joke dude calm the hell down

like chill brah
ー仁二二二ア
ヽ༼ ͠ ͠° ͜ʖ ͠ ͠° ༽ノ
Didn't look like a joke to me and no one was laughing...

That's great keep that kind of mindset

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I do recall that some remakes have been easier than the originals. Super Mario 64 DS is a perfect example of a Super Mario 64 remake that feels easier than the original, especially the Bowser battles.
Could also do with the fact that most remakes improve on gameplay aspects like controls and whatnot as well as us just getting/being older and having a better understanding of what we're playing.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Secret tip: Level 9 CPU Corrin is quite good to practice against with Cloud.
It took me 2 days of stray boredom practice for me to start winning, lol. You can abuse dash attack or just camp limit a lot if you want to cheese it, but in terms of respecting it, it's really difficult #_#
The ****** will punish nearly every unsafe thing, up smash oos most aerials, counter everything stronk and will wreck any dash to shield things because the CPU just grabs you.. over and over and over again lol.

BUT NOW, I have my retreating &/or raring auto cancelling or pristine landing nair spacing timing down a lot better~

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Secret tip: Level 9 CPU Corrin is quite good to practice against with Cloud.
It took me 2 days of stray boredom practice for me to start winning, lol. You can abuse dash attack or just camp limit a lot if you want to cheese it, but in terms of respecting it, it's really difficult #_#
The ****** will punish nearly every unsafe thing, up smash oos most aerials, counter everything stronk and will wreck any dash to shield things because the CPU just grabs you.. over and over and over again lol.

BUT NOW, I have my retreating &/or raring auto cancelling or pristine landing nair spacing timing down a lot better~
Change that gaudy Roy icon into a Cloud one so we can truly be besties~

In all seriousness, my friend actually trains with Lvl 9 Corrin too to practice how to mixup people in disadvantage so he doesn't get linear with throwing out kill moves and the like. I'm surprised he was actually right!

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I have been trying to finish Final Fantasy Tactics, but Pokken is so much fun!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Roy is still my boy.
I have faith in the next patch making him not bad.

But probably not in the right ways.

Being on point with Cloud's nair AC is pretty fun though, so I enjoy practicing him like this.
I tend to only practice like that with ZSS.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
I've been finding it hard to stay motivated to practice Sm4sh since I'm not going to a tournament until the end of this month and am quite busy until then, thus I have little means to practice with people in person.

I'm reluctant and unfocused on wifi due to the few frames of lag throwing off my frame timings that I always practice in training mode as well as other tech.

This includes dash dancing and then doing any moves IASA, auto cancel Dair, shield dropping off platforms, Limit Dropping off platforms, Limit charge into shield into shield dropping off platforms, shield canceling Limit charge into tilts, jab, jumps, aerials, shield, and grabs.

Lately, I've been messing around with Melee Fox using Omni's guide and am currently in the intermediate section, Lesson II all in the span of 4 days. Haven't used netplay yet because I want to make sure I know what I'm doing with Fox before actually playing games. Yet alone, I've looked up that even netplay can have input lag too lol So not sure if I'll start my process in developing my Melee skills online and just refine my tech skill and try to do as much in person playing as possible.

Also, Xzax's performance yesterday with :4fox: along with Melee Fox tech skill practice is making the damn character call me back to him in Sm4sh due to how little perfect pivots are being used. I can totally envision it as a useful bait approach and retreat mobility option.

Otherwise, what do I do with my Sm4sh predicament?

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Roy is still my boy.
I have faith in the next patch making him not bad.

But probably not in the right ways.

Being on point with Cloud's nair AC is pretty fun though, so I enjoy practicing him like this.
I tend to only practice like that with ZSS.
Why wait for patches?

Not that I think it won't or will happen but, I don't like waiting anymore.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Why wait for patches?

Not that I think it won't or will happen but, I don't like waiting anymore.
Completely agree with this. Being disappointing with every patch, only buffing Marth slightly got me to drop him from usage competitively. Over a year in, and he still has horrendous throws (Cloud's are freaking better lol) and DB still doesn't work. At least he now has some more range on his normals, but that still doesn't begin to touch his fundamental issues in this smash game.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
It's Aerith's theme from Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children.

Stylo Ren

Smash Cadet
NNID
Random4811
Didn't look like a joke to me and no one was laughing...
Hey man look, you don't have to be so haughty about it. It was a simple joke. Nothing more, nothing less.

And anyway, We're playing a top tier-- and a very hated top tier at that. Expect all sorts of vulgar language much worse than that, and loud expletives to be thrown at you by the community at large. If you're going to have such a soft shell about things and get so outright offended by simple things like that, the FGC and moreover the smash community are not for you.

Top Bottom