• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

D

Deleted member

What's the best version of FFVI?
The Virtual Console (Wii) and GBA versions are both pretty good. In fact, the GBA version has more content, such as new summons and bosses. If you can't get it, the VC Wii version is definitely not bad. The SNES version is also good, but there is a game-breaking glitch that could corrupt your file if you come across it.

I wouldn't recommend the PS1 and PC versions; the PS1 version has load times and I've heard the PC version crashes a lot.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Is FFIX a good game? I am planning to buy it on PC soon (also not to mention PAL 50Hz).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Is FFIX a good game? I am planning to buy it on PC soon (also not to mention PAL 50Hz).
Final Fantasy IX is fantastic, IMO. A really beautiful world, and the only real downside are two things. The absurdly high random encounter rate compared to other installments and how slow the gameplay is. But the latter one is more preference.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
I never noticed it until now because I play with Tap Jump, but you CANNOT Jump out of Limit charge by Shield Canceling using a Jump button. It has to be with Tap Jump.

So if you don't use Tap Jump then you have to waste a few frames manually canceling Limit charge to do an aerial. I always catch people approaching me with Uair out of Limit Charge and even if they run up and shield, you can easily fast fall and land behind their shield with no lag since short hop fast fall Uair auto cancels. Uair is also frame 7 and covers in front of Cloud . The only other option faster than this is Jab out of Limit Charge but that is punishable on shield.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I made top 16 out of 62 entries today. A Ness player bodied my Cloud and my Zero Suit. Any, I am learning how to use biduo for Cloud and I have to admit, the things Cloud can do with biduo are pretty sweet.

Final Fantasy 10 is not good. Its Stellar. one of the best in the series.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I made top 16 out of 62 entries today. A Ness player bodied my Cloud and my Zero Suit. Any, I am learning how to use biduo for Cloud and I have to admit, the things Cloud can do with biduo are pretty sweet.

Final Fantasy 10 is not good. Its Stellar. one of the best in the series.
I think you mean Final Fantasy 9. IX is the roman numeral for 9. :p

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
IX is arguably my favorite. Excellent plot, character development is there, has my favorite villain, and it's just overall really fun. The direction they went with IX is that they wanted to go back to the roots of the series for a bit, so it's a bit of a departure from the modernization of VII and VIII.

Stylo Ren

Smash Cadet
NNID
Random4811
What's the best version of FFVI?
The SNES version. Its got all the goofy translation stuff (like son of a submariner) and its the easiest to break. Also the sound quality and music is better.

The GBA version adds some new content but its not really great or worthwhile, and also it adds broken magicite while fixing a lot of balancing issues that just make the game less fun

and the music quality is a lot worse, and they remix some of the themes and ruin them

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
A time traveler from the 90s finds his way into this timeline. He has gone through the console wars between the Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo as well as seen the rise of the Playstation and N64. What do you think would be his reaction when he sees that Sega's mascot Sonic, Playstation's big hit FFVII's Cloud Strife, Street Fighter's Ryu and Namco legend Pacman are all duking it out with Mario, DK, Pikachu, Link and co. in Super Smash Bros.? After watching this and being forced back to his timeline, how will he be able to cope with the knowledge?

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Booted up my FF7 Crisis Core the other day.. sort of forgot I 100% the game and I am extremely OP. Going to start a new file just for the hell of it I love that game.

Red Stache

Smash Cadet
I always wanted to play FF IX, but I never had a PS system to plat it on.
Thankfully a friend of mine, let me borrow his system and game so I finally had a chance to play it.

It has an art style that I really like, feels a very great fantasy caliber.
The characters are great with good development and moments to dazzle in.
The story is also fantastic and adds even more to the characters and art style!

But.... man.......
I really, really, really, wanted to like this game a lot.... but those flaws it has.

The huge enemy encounter rate wouldn't be so bad, if battles didn't take so long to begin and finish.
I mean the camera spans around way to long before anything can begin. A lot of the best attacks in the game (both friend and foes) have you waiting way too long just to get to the next turn.
I wanted to run from almost every battle I encountered. But, you need those EXP or you do not stand a chance against even tougher enemies later, and you need the money if you want to make or buy the best equipment.

Not to mention learning abilities.
That was a big problem, since party members leave and come back later.
In order for them to learn useful and great abilities, you need their sorry behinds in battle or they will fall behind learning, as well as in the levels department.

What makes it even worse, is that you basically need every EXP you can get. Especially since characters split of from your main party and they don't gain hardly any levels. (Poor, Steiner..... I really wanted to use him more.)

The requirements to get some items or equipment is also questionable or a bad experience.
( To Excalibur II, from getting a Protect Ring from the Nero family)

Or Zidane's stealing...... Yeah.....
I could never believe now bad trying to steal things in this game could be.
Just stealing items and such from the Black Waltzs, felt like pulling teeth. Not to mention that Mythrial Sword from Beatrix.

And Hill Gigas..... So many attempts and resets to steal that Fairy Flute....
After countless attempts, it was then I basically quit stealing all together.

I could feel my pent up stress leave me as I nuked that Hill Gigas with all the best attacks Zidane and the others had.

I still haven't finished the game, but I want to.
It is just all those things in game-play that tear down, what a masterpiece of game it could be.

The story, art-style, characters, and music, are all top notch, and really like that about it. (Terra Master is a lot of fun too)
It's just all those others things that hurt and are a big pain.

No wonder that Final Fantasy games like, FF IV, FF VI ,and FF VII are considered the best.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
No wonder that Final Fantasy games like, FF IV, FF VI ,and FF VII are considered the best.
Most critics consider VIII to be the most inferior of the PS1 era.

Speaking of, I'm currently locked into a love/hate relationship with Star Fox Zero. !@#$ing motion controls...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I haven't gotten Star Fox Zero yet because GameStop shipped my copy of the game the day before it came out and I won't be expecting it until next week.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
The motion controls are pretty much why I likely won't get SFZero. Depending on the game, me and motion controls do not go hand in hand.

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
I think FFVIII's hate comes from its battle system really. I'm loving this game right now, and I'm also going through IX as well

Red Stache

Smash Cadet
Most critics consider VIII to be the most inferior of the PS1 era.
While I haven't played FF 8, I do know about how inferior it is considered.
I'm confused though, did I say something about FF 8 or something like that?
Don't get me wrong, FF 9 has a lot of great things. It's just the game-play aspects that makes it really hard to get into/enjoy.

I think FFVIII's hate comes from its battle system really. I'm loving this game right now, and I'm also going through IX as well
I see. I might have to try it sometime!
I'm not sure now far you are in FF IX right now, but if it helps, do not try hard to steal items from bosses/major enemies.
I wish I had done that when I started. Would've saved me some headaches.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Jeez you guys, I leave for a week and we only get like two pages? smh. I guess I'm the life of the party here lol.
What's yall's opinion on this?
I think if he had this at launch I would have been fine with it, but as of now, I kinda feel I couldn't live without "Turya!" on Cross Slash and all his other Japanese grunts. I liked the voices though, like on the taunts and FT. I guess if modding voices ever becomes a thing, I'll put in the voices and keep the grunts. @MintChipper We appear to already be able to put Assist trophy models over characters (according to this video) so if Magnus is an assist in Wii U (I know he's in 3DS) then you could put him in over Cloud. Personally I think Ike would work better though - be a bit weird to see Magnus charging Limit and speaking in Japanese. Speaking of mods, what do you guys think about the avalanche of Smash 4 modding that's happening right now? When it first came out, I was all for modding, but now, I feel the game is so good it deserves to be left untouched.

I also found this video, made by the same guy who did the English Cloud video.
I'm pretty hype for this! His moveset isn't finished yet, but every animation has been made from scratch by this guy. He put a ton of work into this. There appears to be a beta out somewhere if you guys want to try it.

And I played a ton of FG last week and let me tell you, it feels SOOOOOO ****ing good to be making reads with Limit Breaks. Even if they are pretty obvious, I have to start somewhere, and right now I'm really feeling :4shulk: my junior library membership, getting some nice reads!

I'll see myself out

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Jeez you guys, I leave for a week and we only get like two pages? Wow. I guess I'm the life of the party here lol.
What's yall's opinion on this?
I think if he had this at launch I would have been fine with it, but as of now, I kinda feel I couldn't live without "Turya!" on Cross Slash and all his other Japanese grunts. I liked the voices though, like on the taunts and FT. I guess if modding voices ever becomes a thing, I'll put in the voices and keep the grunts. @MintChipper We appear to already be able to put Assist trophy models over characters (according to this video) so if Magnus is an assist in Wii U (I know he's in 3DS) then you could put him in over Cloud. Personally I think Ike would work better though - be a bit weird to see Magnus charging Limit and speaking in Japanese. Speaking of mods, what do you guys think about the avalanche of Smash 4 modding that's happening right now? When it first came out, I was all for modding, but now, I feel the game is so good it deserves to be left untouched.

I also found this video, made by the same guy who did the English Cloud video.
I'm pretty hype for this! His moveset isn't finished yet, but every animation has been made from scratch by this guy. He put a ton of work into this. There appears to be a beta out somewhere if you guys want to try it.

And I played a ton of FG last week and let me tell you, it feels SOOOOOO ****ing good to be making reads with Limit Breaks. Even if they are pretty obvious, I have to start somewhere, and right now I'm really feeling :4shulk: my junior library membership, getting some nice reads!

I'll see myself out
You better believe mods will be a thing! and there will be one for voice clips, but I feel like the person who did that video could of used better quotes there's plenty to choose from in Dissidia and Duodecim as well as Kingdom Hearts.

Edit: Been extremely busy which is why I haven't been on lately... even so this place is still fairly active.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
After like three weeks, I finally went back to playing FFVII today. Man, the area with all the snow in it was a pain.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I may not have a capture card, but I can still do this! :)
That clip with the Mewtwo would've been a legit kill if he had his DJ (he would've jumped right into it), so that's why it's still in.

And here is some rather old gameplay of mine against a Samus. I got pretty angry during this match, that's what the random full jab combos are about. Again this is pretty old, so I've probably moved on to a better playstyle but thought I'd throw this out there.
PLZ ENJOY

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I haven't gotten Star Fox Zero yet because GameStop shipped my copy of the game the day before it came out and I won't be expecting it until next week.
I went the eShop route with Star Fox Zero, since the retail version comes included with Star Fox Guard; a game that I'm not all that interested in.

D

Deleted member

I finally got around to playing Final Fantasy 9 and I played for about an hour.

I do like the gameplay (it's about how I expected it to play), I do enjoy the CGI cutscenes for the game, and I do like the characters so far, my favorite being Vivi.
However, the game is definitely slow, especially the intro. The intro isn't as exciting or interesting as Terra and co. walking towards a town on Magitek Armor in FF6 or going through FF7's bombing mission.

I might talk more about the game as I play it, but my progress will be a bit slow. Currently, I am on the world map.

BTW, I was shocked when I heard this in the game:

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
the framerate is pretty bade on the world map, i'm going for all the achievements

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Cousin was over for the night and we tried another session of FF dubs but not many people were on (makes sense since it's not the weekend) so instead we try FG dubs which we hadn't been on in months and holy ****. That place is full of this character. Generally poor ones too since they either don't charge Limit at all or they charge it and then immediately use it. Regardless, I've found that :4rob: and :4mario: are the least painful ways of going through the mu for me.

Haven't really been playing this character recently since he's so damn easy to use effectively (biggest issue I have is killing since I'm never sure of myself with Limit reads and am afraid of wasting it) Been focusing on :4robinf::4mewtwo::4rob: and oddly :4kirby:. Been playing and collecting Kirby games and getting myself hyped up for Planet Robobot so I've been playing a lot of Kirby despite not wanting to use him competitively.

On another note, my cousin does not like this character or Bayo at all. Sheik, ZSS and Ness too to a lesser extent but the latter two are only disliked when they are incredibly flowcharty and we never find Sheiks, good or bad. But with Cloud and Bayo...we legit just idled for 30 secs anytime we came across any of the following combinations: :4bayonetta2::4bayonetta2:, :4bayonetta2::4cloud: or :4cloud::4cloud:. I'm more fine with them than he is (slowly warming up to the Bayo mu. Helps that I prefer defensive characters as it is) but with my cousin, anytime we run into a Cloud, he feels forced to go Fox if he wants a winning chance at all. Falcon, Doc, Puff, Link, Peach, Samus. None of those characters he feels comfortable with with the closest to being comfortable for him is Samus (and the aforementioned Fox).

Guess what I'm getting at is if there is any advice to give him to make the Cloud mu more bearable for him?

TL;DR FG dubs is riddled with Clouds. :4rob: and :4mario: are my most comfortable picks against other Clouds and any advice for my cousin to help make the Cloud mu more bearable for him?

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
weeeeell if they're all ****ty then just shieldgrab their dash attack into a team combo lel
And if you're having trouble killing, then he's not really "easy to use effectively" Sheik is a pretty fundamental char too and she's not "easy to use effectively"

when making limit kills remember that they're not that hard to come by if you play defensively enough, so you can use it for a read
you need to make reads on aerial approaches, double jumps that go above the stage, ledge getups, landings, airdodges, misspaced landing aerials, alla dat

Good clouds in FG dubs may be a threat if they can communicate with their teammate - cloud could possibly wall other chars out and protect a projectile-focused char or be protected by a tank char with good keepaway attacks and team combo moves like zard or bowser. Disclaimer: never played fg dubs (nor dubs really for that matter) so this may be all wrong. I would think the best way to deal with this would be to coordinate your assault on one char so the cloud has to stop zoning or camping to help their teammate. Once you lure him out then idk really, dont get juggled? stay near the edge maybe and try to gimp him while your cousin/you distacts their teammate?

tl;dr if you ask for a tldr i will stab you

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Not too many of them just do random dash attacks though we do run into those every now and then. I meant moreso that they don't handle Limit well and there's certain other things like the usual bad habits of rolling and oddly they like dsmash a lot.

I personally find killing with Cloud difficult but that's just because I don't make use of my Limit moves even when they'll hit and kill. Not too used to a character having such powerful moves come out as fast as they do.

And I could see that working, the whole focusing on one player thing. I meant in general as well. My cousin and I do 1v1s from time to time too and he has a hard time with my Cloud. Just seems to be a character that gives him problems in general.

As for FG dubs, I don't recommend it xD. We usually go to FF dubs since we get to play cooperatively unlike 1v1 and we get more stage variety and projectile characters become less dominating as a result.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I get do doubles. When I was a lad, I hated group projects because I had to rely on others and if they ****ed up, it could result to everyone else ****ing up. Besides, I can finish 3x faster with no one dragging me down.

Me and my mates can never decide on when to share a stock., I always tell them to only take my stock when I am at a low percent like 0% 30%. Anything, I will need my stock Just in case something happens.

Then I have to save him with Clouds not so good recovery because he mains Ness.

overall, doubles are just not my thing.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I get do doubles. When I was a lad, I hated group projects because I had to rely on others and if they ****ed up, it could result to everyone else ****ing up. Besides, I can finish 3x faster with no one dragging me down.

Me and my mates can never decide on when to share a stock., I always tell them to only take my stock when I am at a low percent like 0% 30%. Anything, I will need my stock Just in case something happens.

Then I have to save him with Clouds not so good recovery because he mains Ness.

overall, doubles are just not my thing.
totally, this still happens to me in shcool lol

Not too many of them just do random dash attacks though we do run into those every now and then. I meant moreso that they don't handle Limit well and there's certain other things like the usual bad habits of rolling and oddly they like dsmash a lot.

I personally find killing with Cloud difficult but that's just because I don't make use of my Limit moves even when they'll hit and kill. Not too used to a character having such powerful moves come out as fast as they do.

And I could see that working, the whole focusing on one player thing. I meant in general as well. My cousin and I do 1v1s from time to time too and he has a hard time with my Cloud. Just seems to be a character that gives him problems in general.

As for FG dubs, I don't recommend it xD. We usually go to FF dubs since we get to play cooperatively unlike 1v1 and we get more stage variety and projectile characters become less dominating as a result.
I used to have this problem until I played FG
as for 1v1, he needs to be able to land from juggles, know how to approach and not be predictable/punishable when cloud has limit. He should shield more when in the matchup, abuse cloud's poor grab game. Try to get cloud to commit off-stage (e.g try to bait a runoff nair or fair) and then try to gimp him from there. Maybe pick a char with good gimping/landing options like bayo or a char with range to rival clouds (shulk/ike). Above all, try not to get frustrated with the character you're playing against. I can't stress this enough. Like whenever I used to play against Olimar, I'd get super frustrated and play horribly (Now these chars are more Luigi/Yoshi/Villager/Samus/Sonic (#****Zmon) and less so Olimar, because I played my first Olimar on FG last night, and while I was still a little annoyed by the character, I felt I handled it rather well. Speaking of FG last night, guess what I did!

I GOT A FT WINDBOX KILL OMG OMG OMG OMG :4cloud::4cloud::4cloud::4cloud:

On a different note, I found this...
This new game looks really slow compared to older dissidia games... and apparently you can summon?
At least chars have visible hp bars now, and it looks like you have a stock count of sorts? Sorry if all of this was already known

Last edited:
Top Bottom