• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
is there anyone that can invite
me to a cloud skype group, if there is one?
Trust me, Skype isn't good, that's why I rarely use it and not joining the group yet. I recommend you to go to Discord.

And happy new year everyone!

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Hello, Cloud Social. I hope you all have a happy new year. I hope it is very Cloud-filled. :4cloud:I haven't been playing much Smash Bros. lately. My shiny new games have been distracting me.

I have been playing a ton of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, though, and have fallen in love with the game. I seriously love this game. I've also played a tiny bit of Xenoblade X and all I can say is "wow". This game is huge. It's a bit weird going between the two since the control-scheme is a bit different.

D

Deleted member

Happy new year, SOLDIERs!
I hope that the new year for you isn't very cloudy!

Hello, Cloud Social. I hope you all have a happy new year. I hope it is very Cloud-filled. :4cloud:I haven't been playing much Smash Bros. lately. My shiny new games have been distracting me.

I have been playing a ton of Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, though, and have fallen in love with the game. I seriously love this game. I've also played a tiny bit of Xenoblade X and all I can say is "wow". This game is huge. It's a bit weird going between the two since the control-scheme is a bit different.
I love Xenoblade Chronicles; it's my favorite game on the Wii and Shulk is my 2nd favorite video game character (behind Luigi). You can't imagine how hyped I was when I saw that he got in Smash, along with some nice Xenoblade content.
I bet it does feel weird. X's gameplay is definitely better, but the story in X is weaker compared to the original's philosophical and intriguing story.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Hi, Cloud Social. How is your New Year going? :4cloud: I love that Cloud icon so much. Has anyone noticed that when you pick Cloud's alt, his expression has a little smile? At least it looks like a smile to me.

I love Xenoblade Chronicles; it's my favorite game on the Wii and Shulk is my 2nd favorite video game character (behind Luigi). You can't imagine how hyped I was when I saw that he got in Smash, along with some nice Xenoblade content.
I bet it does feel weird. X's gameplay is definitely better, but the story in X is weaker compared to the original's philosophical and intriguing story.
I can bet you were really hyped!

Yeah, it's weird. As I'm playing through them, I can point out things that I like in one game more than the other. I hope that Monolith Soft can take the best of both games as they make their next game. I like how you can give your character a Shulk or Fiora voice.

I was so sad that Fiora got Aerith'd within the first few hours of the game. Thanks to Smash Bros. Wii U trophies, I am already spoiled to what really happens to her. Fiora's the whole reason I even got interested in the game. When I saw the trophy, I thought she looked cool and I'd check the game out. I'm trying my best to avoid more spoilers as I play through now.

Sorry about going on about Xenoblade, guys. I know it's the Cloud Social. :4cloud:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Hi, Cloud Social. How is your New Year going? :4cloud: I love that Cloud icon so much. Has anyone noticed that when you pick Cloud's alt, his expression has a little smile? At least it looks like a smile to me.

I've noticed the smile, I'm not sure how I feel about it. It looks out of place yet it looks like it fits

:bluejump:Happy New Year everybody!!

I stayed up all night playing Cloud and listening to Sonic 3 and Knuckles music. Best New Years celebration I've had yet!

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just bought myself a Samsung 32" Class LED 1080p Smart HDTV at Best Buy earlier. I got it all installed and everything and it looks fantastic. I gave my old Toshiba HDTV to my folks for our living room.

VPTurnip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Turnip
3DS FC
0920-3141-8524
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!

Oh, Happy New Years, everyone!

Oh my gosh! So much happiness! OH MY GOSH ALL THE EVERYTHING!?!

My favorite video game of all time, FFIX is coming to PC and phones with updated graphics!! (So what if I already have the physical copy?!)

They even did the graphics perfectly! No revamp, just a polish and shine with HD! Excellent!

BUT on top of that.. they use Kate's song!? I mean I know it's officially licensed now, but I've been a fan of hers since her first FFIX video..

My favorite singer gets their fan-song (now officially licensed by Square), a song I've been listening to for years, into an official trailer?

OH MY GOSH!!

Even if it's being sung by someone else!

HAPPY NEW YEAR OH MY GOSH!! FFIX HYPE! ERUTAN HYPE! *dies*

I feel like a little kid I'm so giddy. ^______^

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I just bought myself a Samsung 32" Class LED 1080p Smart HDTV at Best Buy earlier. I got it all installed and everything and it looks fantastic. I gave my old Toshiba HDTV to my folks for our living room.
Damn boi! How much did that cost?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I've noticed the smile, I'm not sure how I feel about it. It looks out of place yet it looks like it fits

:bluejump:Happy New Year everybody!!

I stayed up all night playing Cloud and listening to Sonic 3 and Knuckles music. Best New Years celebration I've had yet!
Have you ever heard this stuff?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I haven't even played a Final Fantasy game before. :(

I've heard such good stuff about those.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I've played literally all the numbered Final Fantasy's from 1-14 and the demo to 15 and I've only beaten a hand full of them. I've played a few spinoff's like FF tactics and Crystal Chronicles and loved them all. MY favorites would have to be Final Fantasy 1,5,7,8,9,10,12 and Crystal Chronicles and are the only ones i ever beat lol.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Finally dusted off my 3DS version of my Smash Bros, and downloaded Cloud and Midgar from my joined Wii U purchase.

I have to say I'm very impressed with Midgar. I thought it wouldn't have summons because of the limitations but they are there and still look good.

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
I have to admit, I got Cloud immediately after I received the game this Christmas. I was so hyped for him since I started my first playthrough of VII only a few months ago. What's great is that the hype is looking completely warranted because he's a very rewarding character.

It also helps that I seem to be great with sword characters, lol.

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Good point. The ones going completely insane over him are probably going to be the people who give up on him for his recovery (most likely because they're not saving limit breaks).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Cloud's recovery isn't quite as busted as people make it out to be though, funny enough. Cloud has amazing horizontal magnet hands. So you can space the Climhazzard so that it's difficult to gimp him. When spaced and not climbing the stage from beneath, while it's short and lacks horizontal recovery distance, Cloud's air speed helps big time. That and there's Limit Break as Zenithia Zenithia mentioned (welcome by the way!)

As for me? I'm a Sonic main. Soon to be a Cloud main with my Sonic strong for match-ups and doubles. No chance I'm giving up on Cloud.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Cloud's recovery isn't quite as busted as people make it out to be though, funny enough. Cloud has amazing horizontal magnet hands. So you can space the Climhazzard so that it's difficult to gimp him. When spaced and not climbing the stage from beneath, while it's short and lacks horizontal recovery distance, Cloud's air speed helps big time. That and there's Limit Break as Zenithia Zenithia mentioned (welcome by the way!)

As for me? I'm a Sonic main. Soon to be a Cloud main with my Sonic strong for match-ups and doubles. No chance I'm giving up on Cloud.
Finally someone else preaching about the magnetic hands Cloud possesses.

If I could have magnets like that due to Mako....hmmmm!

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I've been playing about with Cloud a lot in friendlies and maaan is he fun. He's probably one of my fave sword users tbh and I absolutely adore his punish game and how strong his limit break can be.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Yeah as I play Cloud more and more, I slowly move into the camp of "Cloud's recovery isn't horrible."

His magnet hands is super good. At least horizontally. And stalling with neutral b and side b is pretty good.

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Yeah as I play Cloud more and more, I slowly move into the camp of "Cloud's recovery isn't horrible."

His magnet hands is super good. At least horizontally. And stalling with neutral b and side b isn't pretty good.
The secret with Cloud is the Mako Magnet Hands and having TWO solid stall options. The other is DI upwards all da time.

The problems melt away the more you play this character, it's both beautiful and scary.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
WHOOPS. That ISNT is a autocorrect. I meant to say that it IS pretty good. rofl.

And yeah it's to be expected. We're gonna learn to work around his problems as we play the character, but so is everyone else who is playing against us.

I'm feeling that cloud is more Melee Space tier in regards to recovery. Easy to gimp/intercept, but you cant be brainless about it, and on top of that we have our own recovery mix ups to utilize.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
WHOOPS. That ISNT is a autocorrect. I meant to say that it IS pretty good. rofl.

And yeah it's to be expected. We're gonna learn to work around his problems as we play the character, but so is everyone else who is playing against us.

I'm feeling that cloud is more Melee Space tier in regards to recovery. Easy to gimp/intercept, but you cant be brainless about it, and on top of that we have our own recovery mix ups to utilize.
Feels that way yeah. I think this char is easily SUPER viable and I look forward to pushing his meta assuming the patches don't kill him (tho tbh it'd be pretty hard, Limit Break in it of itself is super amazing lol). I'm not too worried though.

BTW Welcome aboard Smash 4 stuff.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'd be upset if patches kill Cloud. It'd ruin any faith I have in this game and I'm basically starting on empty as it is.

That being said, playing this character without Smash 4 exclusive fundamentals is starting to show its face in my gameplay.

Not airdodging enough, not knowing how to reliably perfect pivot. Trying to chaingrab or regrab too soon lol.

It's hurting me already.

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
What if you could use reflectors to send back Bahamut Zero's tara/tira/tera(?) flare (don't exactly remember the name)?

Or what if Ness could absorb it?

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
What if you could use reflectors to send back Bahamut Zero's tara/tira/tera(?) flare (don't exactly remember the name)?

Or what if Ness could absorb it?
I believe it's Terra flare. We'd probably get something akin to the Arwing glitch on 3DS where things just exploded.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I believe it's Terra flare. We'd probably get something akin to the Arwing glitch on 3DS where things just exploded.
Or it could do nothing, like what happens with Zero Laser or any other Final Smash.

...Actually, is it possible for a Final Smash and Midgar summon to be going at the same time?

Gay Ginger

Make Smash Bros. Gay Again
Switch FC
3923-4397-1697
Keep charging your limit break all you want -- it won't do you any good :secretkpop:

Last edited:
Top Bottom