• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Keep charging your limit break all you want -- it won't do you any good :secretkpop:

Dear Peach,
Winning in Smash Bros. won't stop you from getting kidnapped.
-Cloud Social

Or it could do nothing, like what happens with Zero Laser or any other Final Smash.

...Actually, is it possible for a Final Smash and Midgar summon to be going at the same time?
I might check that out. Though, according to SmashWiki, if you summon a Smash Ball into Training Mode, the Materia goes away on the 3DS.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Have you guys heard this remix? If not, prepare yourself ~:4myfriends:
I like this one even more though

And this is the normal battle theme

I love Final Fantasy VI

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
So, it turns out there is a fighting.... game.... thing.... released in 1998 on arcade and then for PS1, which features several FF VII characters, including Tifa bae and f*cking Zack Fair.... in f*cking 1998....
I just thought that information was interesting enough to share, specially considering how obscure that game seems to be....
And I could never imagine there was a "FF fighter" on PS1 much before the Dissidia games.... even less with playable Zack Fair.... before Crisis Core.... ok, you get the idea, I'm overly surprised with this game.

Last edited:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Ehrgeiz is well known and not worth mentioning since it was bad and poorly designed.
Well known? Really? What exactly is a well known game, then? I am not a FF junkie, but it does look very obscure.
And I saw it is not that great of a game, but com'on, it's a very interesting game for it's age, and, and.... it has Tifa! It gets points for having Tifa!

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Ok, I am finally going to start working on my Cloud guide. I think I have enough information to share information about how I think Cloud should be played.

It won't be super long, but I will make it detailed enough.

Any fundamentals and tech that I may need would be appreciated.

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
So I'm almost done with disc one of VII but

I'm definitely not ready for this

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Guys, remember to play nice ok?
YOU ARE BEING WATCHED
(:
:196:

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So I've come back from my first day of playing Cloud offline against others in the Wii U version (finally since I'm back from Australia now). It went really well. I'm excited to bring him to Genesis 3!

D

Deleted member

Have you guys heard this remix? If not, prepare yourself ~:4myfriends:
I like this one even more though

And this is the normal battle theme

I love Final Fantasy VI
Damn! Those are some amazing remixes!

Final Fantasy VI is so far my favorite Final Fantasy. I wanna replay it again some day.

So, it turns out there is a fighting.... game.... thing.... released in 1998 on arcade and then for PS1, which features several FF VII characters, including Tifa bae and f*cking Zack Fair.... in f*cking 1998....
I just thought that information was interesting enough to share, specially considering how obscure that game seems to be....
And I could never imagine there was a "FF fighter" on PS1 much before the Dissidia games.... even less with playable Zack Fair.... before Crisis Core.... ok, you get the idea, I'm overly surprised with this game.
Oh yeah, Ehrgeiz. From what I've seen, it's a pretty mediocre fighter and I think you can get away with just spamming Cloud's Buster Sword around. I guess there is a strange novelty of playing Cloud in a fighting game before Dissidia and Smash.

Anther's ladder kek.
And this is why I am glad For Glory doesn't have voice or text chat. Geez, the salt was real there.

So I've come back from my first day of playing Cloud offline against others in the Wii U version (finally since I'm back from Australia now). It went really well. I'm excited to bring him to Genesis 3!
Good luck! :D

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I have been thinking about join Anther's Ladder but i also heard there is a lot of salty people on there too.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Who cares. It's online.

If people get salty over online ladder matches, laugh and share their salt like i did. I even submitted it to ScrubQuotes

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
This seems like the best place to ask this question.

What does the kanji Cloud makes with his side-b mean? I thought that I saw it was "eliminate" but that seems a bit morbid. I doubt it's "divorce"...

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
I couldn't exactly find the word in the kanji list for my Japanese class textbook. I did find it on Google Translate after typing in "misfortune," though.

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
I was watching Trela playing Cloud against Karna playing Sheik and I saw something interesting

Trela had Limit Break and he did a SHFF Uair in place on Karna's shield RIGHT NEXT TO HIM and the pushback + shieldstun was enough so that Karna could not grab him

Not sure if it works without Limit Break but if this is the case then cool, one of Cloud's best combo starters is safe against Sheik and you don't have to space it

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Pretty sure limit break doesnt affect the stats on his move. He can FF faster and naturally falls faster in LB mode, so that might make it easier to get the hitbox out on the frame before landing, but ultimately the result should be the same on a max spaced Uair on shield.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Anthers is a battle network, not a social hub.

I thought Anther's Ladder was suppose to be a fun place to be in. **** that.

The salt was too real there if you ask me.
In a situation like this, I would literally just say gg and leave the room, then ignore him ( like literally select him profile and click ignore) He won't be able to fight you then.

We should play on Anthers sometime.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm playing on Anther's right now. Trying to gitgud but I keep getting surprised by ****.

How the **** do you niggas get used to all the gimmicks in this game lol.

Last edited:

Chalice

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tenkenjin
Pretty sure limit break doesnt affect the stats on his move. He can FF faster and naturally falls faster in LB mode, so that might make it easier to get the hitbox out on the frame before landing, but ultimately the result should be the same on a max spaced Uair on shield.
Except that in the situation that I stated, the Uair was NOT spaced. The Cloud player was as close to the Sheik as possible and did the SHFF Uair and could not be grabbed

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I did some level and AP grinding before heading out and follow Sephiroth...
I made it to the Icicle town and it looks pretty damn nice and I like the music. The snowboarding minigame is very fun, but I suck at it!
The area afterwards... I didn't like. It was confusing to navigate through and there were pointless areas with no treasure or rewards. Not only that, but I mapped the run button to the Square button, which the map is also mapped to the Square button. So, when I wanted to run, I had to bring up the map... this same annoyance happened when I had to get the Lunar Harp.
Cloud fainted and I don't know why, so I got sent to an area I didn't want to go to yet. Thankfully, I got all of the remaining items, including the Alexander Materia. I didn't make it to the Crater and I don't have high hopes since I didn't like the proceeding area at all.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I did some level and AP grinding before heading out and follow Sephiroth...
I made it to the Icicle town and it looks pretty damn nice and I like the music. The snowboarding minigame is very fun, but I suck at it!
The area afterwards... I didn't like. It was confusing to navigate through and there were pointless areas with no treasure or rewards. Not only that, but I mapped the run button to the Square button, which the map is also mapped to the Square button. So, when I wanted to run, I had to bring up the map... this same annoyance happened when I had to get the Lunar Harp.
Cloud fainted and I don't know why, so I got sent to an area I didn't want to go to yet. Thankfully, I got all of the remaining items, including the Alexander Materia. I didn't make it to the Crater and I don't have high hopes since I didn't like the proceeding area at all.
From what i remember there is a certain amount of steps you can take before you faint in the snow field but i can't remember how many.

EDIT: Cloud will pass out after every 544 steps taken.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Has the Clouds been lifted or something? I've only seen like 3 of them in the two hours I've spent playing For Glory.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
There are certainly less Clouds. At this point, it's mostly just people that are serious about putting time into Cloud.

Top Bottom