• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Sadly we lost some party members like Strong Arms and Suicidal- Doughnut.But for every Cloud we lost, we gain new members, not to mention the remainder of us who stayed before Cloud was released. While the assistance I needed for the guide definitely is not coming leaving to work on the guide all by myself thus making it more difficult, I want to help develop Clouds meta in any way possible. At least people are still here, the Mewtwo boards are like a ghost town.

But I am starting to get heavily annoyed with the fact that nearly every match I play on FG is a Cloud who camps with limit and tries to use Finishing touch every time he/she gets it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sadly we lost some party members like Strong Arms and Suicidal- Doughnut.But for every Cloud we lost, we gain new members, not to mention the remainder of us who stayed before Cloud was released. While the assistance I needed for the guide definitely is not coming leaving to work on the guide all by myself thus making it more difficult, I want to help develop Clouds meta in any way possible. At least people are still here, the Mewtwo boards are like a ghost town.

But I am starting to get heavily annoyed with the fact that nearly every match I play on FG is a Cloud who camps with limit and tries to use Finishing touch every time he/she gets it.
I'll be sticking around. Cloud is immensely fun, he fits like a glove for me, and I have been playing him more than my main, Luigi.
Hopefully I can help Cloud's meta and improve with him.

I haven't encountered Clouds like that, but I've heard about campy Clouds that roll, use Limit Break, and try to use Finishing Touch as if that move is super OP and broken. >_>

Last edited by a moderator:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'll be sticking around. Cloud is immensely fun, he fits like a glove for me, and I have been playing him more than my main, Luigi.
Hopefully I can help Cloud's meta and improve with him.

I haven't encountered Clouds like that, but I've heard about campy Clouds that roll, use Limit Break, and try to use Finishing Touch as if that move is KO Punch.
Ftfy.
But seriously, I love him too, and promise I will help once things start to calm down a bit.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

You have one future member here, I still don't have Cloud, but by looking at his movesets, and my brother's impression on Cloud saying that he is lije Ike and Shulk combined? He has to be one of my main.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Sorry guys, haven't been on this thread for a couple days, been sick af. But now I'm back and I can do some multi-quoting!

if anyone missed me...

You have one future member here, I still don't have Cloud, but by looking at his movesets, and my brother's impression on Cloud saying that he is lije Ike and Shulk combined? He has to be one of my main.
Cloud = Shulk + Ike
Triggered
...Actually, is it possible for a Final Smash and Midgar summon to be going at the same time?
No. I played with Omnislash a bit on Midgar, and if a Smash Ball spawns, then the Materia will disappear. This was on 3DS, but I'm pretty sure it's the same on Wii U, despite the Wii U being able to handle it. This happens other times in similar situations.

Boi, Finishing Touch is ass. I believe it's only supposed to be used as a kill confirm out of uair or something, and IMO should NEVER be thrown out in neutral, and hardly ever as a punish.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
Hey guys! I was wondering if you guys would be interested in checking out another Square game known as Secret of Mana. It's a really awesome rpg, that, IMO, is very underrated. It has amazing game play, beautiful sprite work, is hilarious (you end having to save Santa Calus and there are a surprising number of pop culture references) and offers much more (unless you just abuse some of the games more broken things and beat the game in an hour... I'm looking at you clipping glitch). I went back and bought an NES and the game itself just to play it again (my first experience was on an NES emulator). I also believe you can get the game on mobile. I'm currently on my third play through and discovered this...

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Sorry guys, haven't been on this thread for a couple days, been sick af. But now I'm back and I can do some multi-quoting!

if anyone missed me...

Cloud = Shulk + Ike
Triggered

No. I played with Omnislash a bit on Midgar, and if a Smash Ball spawns, then the Materia will disappear. This was on 3DS, but I'm pretty sure it's the same on Wii U, despite the Wii U being able to handle it. This happens other times in similar situations.

Boi, Finishing Touch is ***. I believe it's only supposed to be used as a kill confirm out of uair or something, and IMO should NEVER be thrown out in neutral, and hardly ever as a punish.
Finishing touch is a good, but its easy to punish and easy to see coming, and if you miss or it gets blocked, Prepare your self~:4myfriends:
Hey guys! I was wondering if you guys would be interested in checking out another Square game known as Secret of Mana. It's a really awesome rpg, that, IMO, is very underrated. It has amazing game play, beautiful sprite work, is hilarious (you end having to save Santa Calus and there are a surprising number of pop culture references) and offers much more (unless you just abuse some of the games more broken things and beat the game in an hour... I'm looking at you clipping glitch). I went back and bought an NES and the game itself just to play it again (my first experience was on an NES emulator). I also believe you can get the game on mobile. I'm currently on my third play through and discovered this...
I actually played SOM on my SNES emulator cause I am a huge Square enix and RPG fan. It has been awhile, maybe I will pick it up again someday.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well I already decided to have Cloud as one of my mains since he was revealed (had to drop Roy first in the process) and as far as I can tell, he ain't going nowhere. Just something about his movesets just feels right at home for me, considering that Finishing Touch has been added to my list of most satisfying kills moves in the game.

Now I really want to play that Final Fantasy VII remake when it comes out.

D

Deleted member

I bought Secret of Mana on the Wii Shop, but I haven't played it yet.
After playing through Chrono Trigger, I loved the game and wanted to play more Square RPGs like FF6 and Secret of Mana.
I would play Secret of Mana after FF6, but FF7 got priority over SoM due to a combination of loving FF6 and Cloud's inclusion in Smash. I'll play it when I get the chance, but I think I might play the DS port of FF4 after FF7.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Cloud doesnt play like any combination of any swords man lol.

It's just really odd to have people try to make the comparison; because playing him for 5 mins you realize the truth in the first sentence in this post.

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
It's the same on Wii U just after testing it

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
So, if I were to pick a 3rd main, or just 3rd/4th character in general, I doubt it'd be Cloud. The reason for that is, everyone that I've played, when ranking the 5 characters I play, always put Cloud last. I've noticed that I'm not that great when playing him myself as well, so I'm probably going to drop him from potentials. May still try to learn him for counters though, as I still do like the character.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Cloud doesnt play like any combination of any swords man lol.

It's just really odd to have people try to make the comparison; because playing him for 5 mins you realize the truth in the first sentence in this post.
Well, that's because I haven't play him lol... I only heard it from my brother.
jks, man, jks...

Don't get it? I mean he's way better than those two characters.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Eh, there really aren't that many people who don't know about that plot point really. The game is 20 years old
yeh true. ive never played it and i was basically a stranger to all games until like 2010, and i only found out about the FF series in like 2012-2013, and even I know about that lel

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
I just found out about that part after my friend flat-out told me. Now I'm dreading getting past disc one. :'^)

D

Deleted member

Oh man, I did a lot for the past few hours...
First, I went through the Crater. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the button mashing was annoying.
The plot, however, got confusing for me. Cloud is just one messed up guy. Is this the real Cloud? Are there two Clouds and the one I've been talking to is a clone of the real Cloud? Is Cloud just losing his mind? Like... he became a Sephiroth clone? How? I just got lost with how mindless he became...
I was honestly afraid for Cloud when I saw him at Mideel. I didn't want to see him turn into a hooded figure...
I proceeded to do the Huge Materia quests in an effort to save Cloud someway. I got the one at Correl; the button mashing wasn't as bad, but I got confused with what to do initially. I fought some enemies and stopped a moving train to get both the Huge Materia and the Ultima Materia.
Then I went to Fort Condor. Geez... I couldn't do it. I fought the mini-boss instead and I did win both the Huge Materia and the Phoenix Materia. The boss wasn't notable to be honest.
I fought the Ultima Weapon that attacked Mideel and... it was tricky, but it was made easier due to Vincent's Level 2 Limit Break.
I then went into Cloud's memories and I figured out who the real Cloud is like. He is a leader who would do anything to help his friends and be there for him, but he really doubts himself. He views himself as weak and just wanted Tifa's attention. So, he heard of Sephiroth and joined SOLDIER to be like him... to become stronger. In the process, he became a mindless puppet after being exposed to Mako poisoning...
It's just a massive relief to have him back... the real Cloud Strife.
Nearing the end of Disk Two... I have to say, I'm upset my journey is almost over.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, I did a lot for the past few hours...
First, I went through the Crater. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but the button mashing was annoying.
The plot, however, got confusing for me. Cloud is just one messed up guy. Is this the real Cloud? Are there two Clouds and the one I've been talking to is a clone of the real Cloud? Is Cloud just losing his mind? Like... he became a Sephiroth clone? How? I just got lost with how mindless he became...
I was honestly afraid for Cloud when I saw him at Mideel. I didn't want to see him turn into a hooded figure...
I proceeded to do the Huge Materia quests in an effort to save Cloud someway. I got the one at Correl; the button mashing wasn't as bad, but I got confused with what to do initially. I fought some enemies and stopped a moving train to get both the Huge Materia and the Ultima Materia.
Then I went to Fort Condor. Geez... I couldn't do it. I fought the mini-boss instead and I did win both the Huge Materia and the Phoenix Materia. The boss wasn't notable to be honest.
I fought the Ultima Weapon that attacked Mideel and... it was tricky, but it was made easier due to Vincent's Level 2 Limit Break.
I then went into Cloud's memories and I figured out who the real Cloud is like. He is a leader who would do anything to help his friends and be there for him, but he really doubts himself. He views himself as weak and just wanted Tifa's attention. So, he heard of Sephiroth and joined SOLDIER to be like him... to become stronger. In the process, he became a mindless puppet after being exposed to Mako poisoning...
It's just a massive relief to have him back... the real Cloud Strife.
Nearing the end of Disk Two... I have to say, I'm upset my journey is almost over.
Yes, the Cloud you've been playing as is the real Cloud. There is no other Cloud. When the game says "Sephiroth Clone", it means someone who has been through Hojo's JENOVA experiments.

And, yeah, Fort Condor is annoying. It's actually recommended that you lose the fight on purpose just to immediately fight boss because it saves Gil.

D

Deleted member

Yes, the Cloud you've been playing as is the real Cloud. There is no other Cloud. When the game says "Sephiroth Clone", it means someone who has been through Hojo's JENOVA experiments.

And, yeah, Fort Condor is annoying. It's actually recommended that you lose the fight on purpose just to immediately fight boss because it saves Gil.
That makes sense... it would also explain why Sephiroth can mind control Cloud. I mean, he acted very strange at the Crater when he handed Sephiroth the Black Materia. I just feel bad for what he had to go through; he made a massive illusion for himself because he went through so much Mako poisoning and testing.

I should have done that... I thought if I lost, I wouldn't get the Phoenix Materia. I guess I was wrong.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Eh, there really aren't that many people who don't know about that plot point really. The game is 20 years old
Reminder that some people playing Smash, and few on this board are actually younger than the game.
:196:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
With how many new remakes of games that are coming out now, it's hard to play the "it's been out for XX years!" card now. Most gamers know what happens in Final Fantasy VII, but I'm 26. There's a new generation of gamers that are in their early teens that may have only HEARD about Final Fantasy VII in passing. Remember this is the generation that has grown up on the likes of LittleBigPlanet, Final Fantasy XIII, the ongoing Tales of series, Dragon Age, Skyrim, the list goes on and on.

Enjoy this little sampling! I made so many, and plan on doing crossover ones and the SOLDIER style. But thought I'd share.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
With how many new remakes of games that are coming out now, it's hard to play the "it's been out for XX years!" card now. Most gamers know what happens in Final Fantasy VII, but I'm 26. There's a new generation of gamers that are in their early teens that may have only HEARD about Final Fantasy VII in passing. Remember this is the generation that has grown up on the likes of LittleBigPlanet, Final Fantasy XIII, the ongoing Tales of series, Dragon Age, Skyrim, the list goes on and on.

Enjoy this little sampling! I made so many, and plan on doing crossover ones and the SOLDIER style. But thought I'd share.
These are ****in great dude! such quality!!!!!11 I wish i could like it more than once! In the Wii U version, can you pause in the middle of hitting Finishing Touch? cause you cant int the 3ds version.
I just beat FF7 and it was good and FF8 is extremely boring. what next FF is even worth playing???

I didn't like advent children its an insulting sequel
Advent Children was amazing! what do tou not like about it?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just beat FF7 and it was good and FF8 is extremely boring. what next FF is even worth playing???

I didn't like advent children its an insulting sequel
Did you play 6 yet? If you haven't, you should go and play FF6 (which is FF3 here). It's still my favorite Final Fantasy so far.
I've also heard good things about 4 (2 here), 9, and 10.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yup in the Wii U version you can pause in the middle of Finishing Touch. That's how I got my avatar. Thank you for the kind words!

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Yup in the Wii U version you can pause in the middle of Finishing Touch. That's how I got my avatar. Thank you for the kind words!
The Wii U version looks really beautiful in general, too. Do you guys think they'll look better on the NX? What do you think of the NX in general?

EDIT also, Kuraudo Kuraudo , do you think you could do a picture of AC Cloud doing uair? That's on of my favorite moves of his. I guess I like uairs in general.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I could put something up for that for sure. You have a preference for the colour?

Also, the original Advent Children, while cool and all, didn't give off the vibe that the world of FFVII gave off.

Advent Children Complete, on the other hand? Fixed so many problems that the original had. Geostigma actually felt like a disease/threat. Cloud's problems felt more real and we saw how it affected those around him. The final battle had proper weight to it, was brutal and the actual final attack was amazing and a proper follow-up to Omnislash. I can go on, but there's a lot to talk about. :p

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I could put something up for that for sure. You have a preference for the colour?

Also, the original Advent Children, while cool and all, didn't give off the vibe that the world of FFVII gave off.

Advent Children Complete, on the other hand? Fixed so many problems that the original had. Geostigma actually felt like a disease/threat. Cloud's problems felt more real and we saw how it affected those around him. The final battle had proper weight to it, was brutal and the actual final attack was amazing and a proper follow-up to Omnislash. I can go on, but there's a lot to talk about. :p
Are there even colors for the AC costume? like I know there's the one with the sleeve off, but there don't seem to be any color variations.

YES. The original Advent Children was ok for the good CGI and the action scenes lol. But with the complete version, it felt like it actually had a story and even the action scenes were more fleshed out with a story. It felt so much more like a movie and less like an anime that you missed all the beginning episodes for. Also yeah, the Omnislash was amazing. If you want to rant about the greatness of Advent Children, you've got a supporter in me! :p

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I am heavily tempted to replace Sheik for Cloud as my Smash 4 Wii U main right now.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I am heavily tempted to replace Sheik for Cloud as my Smash 4 Wii U main right now.
Sheik doesn't seem anything like Cloud. maybe have our boy as a secondary lol i feel like Sheik will get you farther in general.

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
Are there even colors for the AC costume? like I know there's the one with the sleeve off, but there don't seem to be any color variations.
One of them is kinda green and another is navy can't see any other ones though

Top Bottom