• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I realized that Cloud seems to be able to replicate a lot of techs from Melee (that aren't wavedashing :p). The amazing IASA frames on his dash represent dash-dancing. Cancelling a run into a Limit Charge and cancelling Limit Charge into a move represents crouch cancelling from running. Cloud can also do the ever so frame-strict Lagless Ledge Getup, which is basically a waveland.

And, lo and behold, he doesn't sweetspot the ledge. What a blast to the past! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all got what you wanted. Looks like I'm the only person that prefers C-Stick set to smash for Cloud
As a Christmas present to you, I also use C-stick set for Smash when playing Cloud. MERRY IT!

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Merry Christmas people!
EDIT:
Cloud can beat Zero Suit Samus. Blade beam can beat her Zair and his U-smash can counter her D-special. I noticed that its very hard to get into Clouds face.

But still I think Zero suit has a bit more of an edge cause she kills at 40%.
But she kills everyone at 40%. I think the most pivotal things in this matchup is her edgegaurding and punish capabilities, and maybe even the semispike on side b.

Also, anybody like this idea?
Does anybody know if there's a way to get 3DS replays without a capture card? I was thinking the Cloud boards could make a collaborative combo/highlight video (including stuff like @Bobert77 's double fair spike and cool combos you guys have done) and it would be a shame if 3DS users like me and @shinhed-echi didn't get to show their stuff.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Merry Christmas! I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas! :)

EDIT: I got some pretty nice gifts this year, such as Final Fantasy IV, a :231: plush, and a Wario amiibo for example.

Last edited by a moderator:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Merry Christmas, everyone!

I realized that Cloud seems to be able to replicate a lot of techs from Melee (that aren't wavedashing :p). The amazing IASA frames on his dash represent dash-dancing. Cancelling a run into a Limit Charge and cancelling Limit Charge into a move represents crouch cancelling from running. Cloud can also do the ever so frame-strict Lagless Ledge Getup, which is basically a waveland.

And, lo and behold, he doesn't sweetspot the ledge. What a blast to the past! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cloud is seriously the perfect gift for Brawl and Melee Marth mains. Fast character with aerials that auto cancel, combo, AND can kill YES PLEASE. (We gotta figure out how to consistently get the reverse ken combo!).

In the spirit of Christmas <3 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxLBRbV4sX0

D

Deleted member

Cloud is seriously the perfect gift for Brawl and Melee Marth mains. Fast character with aerials that auto cancel, combo, AND can kill YES PLEASE. (We gotta figure out how to consistently get the reverse ken combo!).

In the spirit of Christmas <3 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxLBRbV4sX0
Funny how you mention that, I feel like I'm better with Cloud than I am with Marth in Smash 4~

Also Merry Christmas everyone ^^

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
It's pretty neat. I tried maining Marth in Melee, but I suck at Melee. I joined a Brawl tournament once and Marth felt super good, but it's Brawl so I haven't touched him since. Smash 4 left me a bit disappointed, but hey, Marth has his best design ever IMO (til Fates, which is from his Amiibo. neat)

Marth is a pretty decent secondary to Cloud if you have a confident download on your opponent, since Marth can punish a bit safer and has counter, a tipper, and a better recovery. I use him for MUs against Yoshi and perhaps Mega Man, and for when I notice a glaring bad habit by game 2 but can't seem to approach.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Marth's design is so good in this game. Easily the best looking FE character, IMO.

Anyway, I've been playing Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and have been hearing a lot of this song. It's very Christmas-like.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I hand that to either Lucina or Kamui.... the latter has the best stance between all swordfigthers for sure.
Too bad Lucina didn't retain her fighting stance from Awakening. Then it might have been a contender.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Merry Christmas my fellow Cloud users hopefully you all get what you wanted, and to those that celebrate something else Happy holidays

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
I prefer AC Cloud because I'm a fan of the elaborate detail on it. I understand why people like his classic costume but I haven't played FF7 and it doesn't really suit my fancy :(.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Am I the only one who would love more than anything if he had his Kingdom Hearts costume instead?
I would, too. Honestly, I'd love if they said forget these lame Mii costumes and provided DLC alternate costumes for all of the characters, a-la Marvel v. Capcom 3. I'm thinking about things like:

- Kingdom Hearts costume for Cloud
- Helmetless alternate for Captain Falcon
- Hyrule Warriors female Link for Link
- Ken alternate for Ryu
- Original Samus for ZSS
- Wooly World alternate for Yoshi
- Pokken Tournament Dark Mewtwo for Mewtwo

And many more. Nintendo has so much history; well-done alternate costumes would and should be a blast. Besides, it's 2015; pallette swaps are a bit outdated.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
So, Cloud vs Rosaluma definitely feels like its in Cloud's favor. That little starry ******* is very susceptible to Cross Slash and F-tilt. Once he's gone, much of Rosaluma's difficult to handle defensive strategies go right out the window and Rosalina is very easy to KO.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Merry Christmas guys!

Where on this board can I request a match with one of you?

D

Deleted member

And why do I feel like I'm the only one who uses FF7 Cloud?
I use FF7 Cloud as well; I like it more than his Advent Children outfit and I prefer the Buster Sword over the Fusion Sword.

Merry Christmas guys!

Where on this board can I request a match with one of you?
I mostly ask around Socials to find an opponent. I think that you can ask for a match in the Player Finder Threads.

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
I'm going to say right now, with confidence: Cloud is a top tier character. Even if somehow he isn't because of some wonky matchups with lower tier characters, he has even or advantageous matchups with about all of our regular high tiers making him a great trump card against solo mains and those who struggle against this specific matchup.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I'm going to say right now, with confidence: Cloud is a top tier character. Even if somehow he isn't because of some wonky matchups with lower tier characters, he has even or advantageous matchups with about all of our regular high tiers making him a great trump card against solo mains and those who struggle against this specific matchup.
Lol, you can say that again.

This is pretty accurate though.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
OMG Splatoon is so awesome! I love the look of the game. What if Cloud was in Splatoon? :4cloud:

On the topic of Cloud's Smash outfits, I use the sleeveless AC Cloud alts. That was my most wanted alt and it got in.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Just barely in time to say this: Merry Christmas, everyone. I've just been waiting in the shadows and reading up on things lately.

Being busy as hell might have had something to do with it. >_>

I've really had a lot of fun using Cloud so far. I was looking into Ike for a while as a secondary who specialized in outspacing opponents, but now I think Cloud can do that in a way that feels more interesting and a better contrast to Robin that'll help me cover more matchups. Although he'll fall to being my third most used character once February rolls around...

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Well, I've decided to start uploading my replays to YouTube. Since I'm seriously maining Cloud, I'm hoping to discover some new and exciting aspects of the character.
Here's my first upload:
EDIT: Don't forget, I'm by no means a pro or anything, so I'll gladly accept any constructive criticism/advice.
Double-Edit: I did it! The Sacred Cloud Combo (kind of)

Last edited:

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
I have the strangest gut feeling that it will turn out Cloud has a 53:47 MU with all C+ and above characters.

That's just a theory though :p

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Y'know, one thing that I wished happened with Cloud: his attack trails being orange when using his FFVII outfits and green when using his AC outfits. Not a big deal, but it would have been a throwback to how his attacks looked like in those appearances which Dissidia did. It shouldn't be a major change either like how Yoshi's egg colors matches his selected alt compared to audio changes like with Little Mac's wireframe alts.

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
They definitely could have done that especially since Bayonetta has either Love is Blue or Scarborough Fair Red trails depending on if she has her short or volcano hair costume :(

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
Everybody saying Cloud has a good mu against everybody, are you even taking into consideration he has a mid-tier recovery?
Sheik, ZSS, probably Bayonetta and other top tiers can seriously gimp him quite easily....

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
They definitely could have done that especially since Bayonetta has either Love is Blue or Scarborough Fair Red trails depending on if she has her short or volcano hair costume :(
There's also a lack of an English and a Japanese voice for Cloud which Bayonetta and Corrin will likely have. Marth and Roy I can understand not having an English voice, but not Cloud who as everyone knows, Steve Burton is neither dead nor has Square Enix lost contact. Burton's currently working on the remake of FFVII and if the really couldn't spare time, they could just rip lines from Dissidia and even the remake like how Sonic's was done.

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

Enjoy this remix of "Let the Battle Begin!" from the new Dissidia arcade release. An official full one will no-doubt be released in the future.

I wanna use this briefly for something like a teaser video for the video I end up putting together for Cloud.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

Enjoy this remix of "Let the Battle Begin!" from the new Dissidia arcade release. An official full one will no-doubt be released in the future.

I wanna use this briefly for something like a teaser video for the video I end up putting together for Cloud.
Eh...too synthesized for my tastes.
I'll take the piano version any day:

D

Deleted member

I played some more Final Fantasy VII.
After getting the buggy, I did what my friend recommended and get some Enemy Skills. The suggested ones were White Wind, Big Guard, Aqualung, and Trine. I got the first three, but Trine had to wait until later.
Cosmo Canyon wasn't too bad, but that spider enemy was particularly powerful. I also enjoyed the end of the dungeon where Red XIII met his father... it was a pretty sad scene.
I then went to Nibelheim, recruited Vincent, and then went and fought the Materia Keeper and got Trine from him. I am going to Rocket Town next.

I have to say... I am confused as to why Nibelheim just disregarded the events from a few years ago... will I find out why? It was a pretty big event...

Top Bottom