• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Ryu vs. Cloud is probably the closest example of Street Fighter fireball wars you'll find in Smash.

The huge satisfaction of fair meteors most likely has to do with the hitlag. Who cares if it's impractical, it feels GREAT.

Killing with Limit Break Climhazzard is fun too, at this point everybody expects the Finishing Touch but nooo, instead you get stabbed and uppercutted to the sky.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Except Bayo when she comes out. Gonna be a multi-hit machine.

How'd your first Cloud match go, by the way? You said you were worried about it.
I won. It was close after the other Cloud took an early lead, but then I let myself go to the Force and destroyed him.

Kiechi

Smash Rookie
Hi guys. I'm looking for a bit of advice. I love cloud and FF7 Very deeply. Before clouds release, I was determined to main him whether if he was bad or not. But my problem is, I don't seem to be very good with him! It's deeply saddening for me as I stroll through this thread and see many people saying how he is a natural fit. Initially, I found him very novel and refreshing to play. But as time has gone on and me coming across more clouds online, I realise I'm completely trash. I used to main ike in brawl but dropped him in s4 and decided to main little Mac solely. Perhaps part of the problem Is I'm too used to playing Mac that I'm using cloud in a similar way? Has anyone else felt this way about cloud? Or is everyone just natural fits and I'm the only one who is not?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You know what's so damn amazing about Smash 4?

It's the only game in the world that has Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Cloud in it. The Faces of 5 of the biggest gaming companies there are.

This is just so surreal and unreal, it's amazing.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Hi guys. I'm looking for a bit of advice. I love cloud and FF7 Very deeply. Before clouds release, I was determined to main him whether if he was bad or not. But my problem is, I don't seem to be very good with him! It's deeply saddening for me as I stroll through this thread and see many people saying how he is a natural fit. Initially, I found him very novel and refreshing to play. But as time has gone on and me coming across more clouds online, I realise I'm completely trash. I used to main ike in brawl but dropped him in s4 and decided to main little Mac solely. Perhaps part of the problem Is I'm too used to playing Mac that I'm using cloud in a similar way? Has anyone else felt this way about cloud? Or is everyone just natural fits and I'm the only one who is not?
You can't really walk up and hammer shields like Mac does (though Limit Cross Slash after a bair on shield can do hefty damage), you gotta be REAL patient and let the opponent make the mistakes you can capitalize on, while using your big sword to keep them from getting too close. Use any lull in combat to charge your limit, including when they're offstage. And don't be too trigger happy when you do attain it, unlike Mac Cloud will never lose his ultimate from being hit and it gives him passive benefits. Again, don't force things in general unless you have the advantage.

Edit: You know, this actually sounds like a common RPG strategy for tough bosses. Buff yourself up and mainly use basic attacks, only bringing out the big guns when you're sure you'll get maximum benefit, refresh the buffs when necessary.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Here's a replay of me playing somewhat bad. What makes it so funny though is what happens next after the Jiggly player breaks my shield near the end of the replay.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's just a matter of getting used to him...It didn't take me long once I learned what he can do, and how to approach his moveset...

Best thing to do is to do Lab-work with him....which means go into Training mode and experiment with everything he has...Kill Percents, Follow-ups, percentages, movements, anything and everything you can figure out be creative as you might learn something others haven't...ledge options, shield options, edge-guarding, how does his recovery work, can he wall jump? (yes he can), crawl? projectile distance coverage, damage dealt, start-up lag....perhaps cheat a little and look up what others have found to see his possible combos and follow-ups... and of course if you ever go on For Glory and ditto Cloud see what the other players do in addition to what you yourself are doing...you eventually figure out what his strengths (lots of kill power, zoning, decent follow-ups and quick) and weaknesses (poor recovery, some start-up and end lag on some attakcs, heavy can be juggled) are...

One good thing about Cloud is that he has a projectile, one that is actually pretty safe, and also great for Edge-guarding pressure...
Also his Limit Charge is cancellable if you input B again or shield or move sideways...inputing B the second time is the best option as it leaves lamost no lag...SH LCC (Limit Charge Cancel) can lead into a lot of mix-up options, if you input it quick enough you can double jump before hitting the ground, and his initial hit frames on his nair activates right behind him and you can actually catch your opponent if they are directly behind you, it has almost no lag upon landing making it a very safe option at times...of course his Limit once fully charged you want to treat it similarly to Mac's KO, cept Cloud's doesn't go away unless you use a special or die...so you can be as patient as possible or apply pressure...

Also note Cloud's got some amazing range, his nair does a full 360 around him and is actually a fairly safe option for sheild pressure if you space it properly as most character won't be able to punish with a grab...

Just work yourself slowly with him, if you're committed you'll get the hang of it...

VillageofFitness

Smash Apprentice
Cloud's Miiverse community is a hoot. There is literally nothing but salt. I've never seen a phenomenon like this.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Holy **** Cloud is fun as **** to play as. What's everyone's favourite move to kill with? Mine's Climhazard, though I don't know the kill percentages. Cloud is honestly one of the most fun characters I've played with in a while. My friends think his Limit Breaks are OP even though you can shield freaking Finishing Touch
Definitely LB Cross Slash.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Favorite move to kill with? so far it's aerial finishing touches or watching your dair hit underneath the ledge while still being on the stage. Lol

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
K Kiechi I would give you some advice but it looks like meleebrawler meleebrawler and Aetheri Aetheri pretty much got that covered. One thing I can tell you is use Limit Break as a scare tactic. Opponents will play more carefully knowing that if they screw up, they will either take heavy damage or lose a stock. Use that fear to your advantage.
You know what's so damn amazing about Smash 4?

It's the only game in the world that has Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Cloud in it. The Faces of 5 of the biggest gaming companies there are.

This is just so surreal and unreal, it's amazing.
Come February, we'll be able to duke it out with gaming icons and one of gaming's most controversial characters atop a falling clock tower with a Platinum Games iteration of a Frank Sinatra song playing in the background.

Let that sink in for a bit.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
K Kiechi I would give you some advice but it looks like meleebrawler meleebrawler and Aetheri Aetheri pretty much got that covered. One thing I can tell you is use Limit Break as a scare tactic. Opponents will play more carefully knowing that if they screw up, they will either take heavy damage or lose a stock. Use that fear to your advantage.
Come February, we'll be able to duke it out with gaming icons and one of gaming's most controversial characters atop a falling clock tower with a Platinum Games iteration of a Frank Sinatra song playing in the background.

Let that sink in for a bit.
Except Fly Me to the Moon wasn't included in the track list...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Cloud dittos with my Smash buddy when this happened...
It was pretty hilarious at the time...I was the AC Cloud btw...
btw...my favourite move to kill with has got to be his fair...Love the sound he makes when he uses it and is extraordinarily satisfying when you land the spike...and as you can see from my previous post it can lead into some...interesting outcomes...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I find it rather disappointed that the Wii U version of Midgar only has two tracks available and I was like, seriously? But then again, I must say that "Let the Battles Begin!" is a pretty epic tune so that's okay for me.

And as for what my favorite kill move is? My vote goes to Limit Breaker Cross Slash but I also like that...what's it called? That move that creates a whirlwind?

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I find it rather disappointed that the Wii U version of Midgar only has two tracks available and I was like, seriously? But then again, I must say that "Let the Battles Begin!" is a pretty epic tune so that's okay for me.

And as for what my favorite kill move is? My vote goes to Limit Breaker Cross Slash but I also like that...what's it called? That move that creates a whirlwind?
I believe you're thinking of Finishing Touch.

D

Deleted member

Cloud feels very amazing however I have trouble recovering with him. Anyone else have this problem?

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
For Glory teams are filled with Clouds lol. Many times, for me, it's been Cloud and Cloud vs Cloud and Cloud.

I have faith that they'll do the remake right. Square-Enix has said that each part will have the content of a full game. I wonder if that means that each part will be treated as a separate game and your stats don't carry over. There's also the fact that "full game" could mean a variety of different things. But, I will remain optimistic that each part won't be short.

That does sound worrying. A problem I'm having with Crisis Core is that it just feels too sluggish. I'd have to get my hands on FFXV to really get an opinion on it, though.
Well bright side is the combat is definitely wayyy more fluid than Crisis Core. But when comparing FF15's combat (in the demo at least) to what FF7R has shown in the gameplay trailer, the pace is very different. FF7R seems to also offer a lot more in terms of options. It's gonna have Limit Breaks, some type of ATB Guage usage, magic that consumes MP, materia obviously, and it's even suggested that characters will be able to use different weapons (or different fighting styles). So far there's really not much FF15 has shown I'm terms of gameplay, even with the demo.

I mean it looks good to me but the demo didn't really have much actions. Like there was no magic or anything, so maybe that's why it seemed so barebones. Been a while since I played the demo though so it kinda looks better than I remembered lol

Last edited:

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
Oh man the hitbox on Clouds projectile counters DDD's side b projectile really well due to the size. Finally a character that can reliably stuff that metal spike back into that penguins face.

Also there are people on this site that recommend the best use of Cloud is to charge up Limit to bait approaches and counter them and I agree. I realized that both his side and upper tilt counter aggressive approaching which leads to potential damage for Cloud. In fact, alot of his moves seem to revolve around making a space around cloud(Most notably his nair) in order for him to get space to get more of his LB gauge up.

Last edited:

777Laser

Smash Apprentice
Bayonneta could have been Sora....She could have been Snake!

Sakurai please! Add in two more characters to give us 60

Btw, don't have cloud yet, but I'm buying him tomorrow. Turns out I couldn't find any cloud player online to fight. Do I need the Dlc first?

Last edited by a moderator:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Definitely LB Cross Slash.
Either this, or spiking with F-air.
LB Cross Slash is really good in the air due to its active frames.
"Here's a giant neon kanji of death! Try and jump through it!"

And once I get better at landing it, Finishing Touch, just for the early kills.
"What's that, Link? You have a spin attack? Guess what? ME TOO."

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Btw, don't have cloud yet, but I'm buying him tomorrow. Turns out I couldn't find any cloud player online to fight. Do I need the Dlc first?
You don't need to buy any DLC character when playing online against them, but you do need to at least have the latest update due to any patch changes that came with the character...although the game doesn't let you play online until you do...

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Bayonneta could have been Sora....She could have been Snake!

Sakurai please! Add in two more characters to give us 60

Please avoid Double Posting.

To make this not a party bummer, I'll say I'll probably ger Cloud by next week. It sucks to only have the 3DS version, but it's something I guess.
:196:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Personnally, I prefer to not be in Limit while the opponent's damage is low, so that I can use Blade Beam freely. Though if the opponent's a strong zoner Limit Blade Beam is a good counter.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Here's a replay of me playing somewhat bad. What makes it so funny though is what happens next after the Jiggly player breaks my shield near the end of the replay.
Rest was not very effective...

Just fought my first Ike today with Cloud.... pulverized him. Might have to face a few more though. This MU is kinda interesting.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Just rename the video "Salt-Flavored Puff n' Stuff"

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Nu~ Nu~ Tri Knight Tri Knight and errbody else: After logging a butt ton of play time last night, I've decided to stick with Cloud as a main. He didn't click with me at first -- I was anticipating that his speed and power would translate into a play style similar to Roy's, but he loses, frustratingly so, when played that way. Cloud is an absolute monster when played in a hit-and-run style/baiting out his opponent and punishing on their whiffs. To me, he plays like a hybrid of ZSS and Ike; combining stupid amounts of KO power with really deadly frame trap tactics.

On a side note, Cloud doesn't appear to have any unwinnable matches. He faces issues against characters with strong off stage options, but thus far, I've yet to experience a match up that is an overwhelming struggle. I'm sure that will change within a couple weeks once players start to map out anti-Cloud strategies, but thus far, he has a lot of positive match ups, especially against Jigglypuff.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So, here's Cloud's quotes translated for those who haven't checked yet:

Up Taunt: "Not interested."
Victory 1 (Classic victory animation): "No hard feelings."
Victory 2 (Back turned): "Better luck next time."
Victory 3 (Battle stance): "I'm out of your league."

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So after losing several matches this morning, I'm inclined to believe that Cloud will have a consistently rough time facing Kirby. The little puffball combos the heck out of us, and is harder to pin down than most of the cast.
Also, Hanku Hirru Hanku Hirru , glad to hear you're sticking with us. I agree that Cloud gets a lot easier once one recognizes he's not a rushdown, in-your-face character.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So after losing several matches this morning, I'm inclined to believe that Cloud will have a consistently rough time facing Kirby. The little puffball combos the heck out of us, and is harder to pin down than most of the cast.
Also, Hanku Hirru Hanku Hirru , glad to hear you're sticking with us. I agree that Cloud gets a lot easier once one recognizes he's not a rushdown, in-your-face character.
Kirby is having a lot of great matchups against third party characters

Ryu
Pac-Man and now Cloud. Can't wait to find out that Kirby has a matchup advantage over Bayonetta

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I keep hearing Cloud's a reckless fighter, and while I can buy him having an aggressive, head-on approach to most matters, is he really like that in an actual fight? (Not counting player influence).

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Ah, yes, glad I'm not the only one who's had some trouble with Kirby. Like I said before, it's not unwinnable, but a problem child match up nonetheless. Cloud has to control the stage and spacing in this match or else it's off stage he goes and Kirby destroys him off stage, not to mention the little pink ball of pain edge guards Cloud really well.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Didn't Kirby get major buffs recently?
A run speed increase, stronger uthrow and minutely stronger smashes. Doesn't really solve the approach issues but does make it a bit easier as well as increasing punish opportunities.

Cloud is at his best playing patiently, and that goes double against Kirby. Don't be too tenacious in attacking him, it won't take too much damage before an uair bumps him off the screen.

Top Bottom