• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Sorry Cloud players, but if Isaac or Inkling gets confirmed you bet I'm Audi 5000. Cloud looks awesome, but after seeing GimR's frame data video he's not looking as quick as at first glance. What happens this Tuesday will be a defining moment in my Smash 4 career, and I hope it is the same for all those here.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I mean

If you wanna go ahead and put stock into what could be considered a cursory glance at the character, go ahead

I'll be in the lab when he actually comes out, lol

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Everybody who does not know what it is going to be that wants to know.
Alllllllllll right looks like you've had a little too much tonight Morbi. Come on, I'll take you home.

Sorry Cloud players, but if Isaac or Inkling gets confirmed you bet I'm Audi 5000. Cloud looks awesome, but after seeing GimR's frame data video he's not looking as quick as at first glance. What happens this Tuesday will be a defining moment in my Smash 4 career, and I hope it is the same for all those here.
So Isaac's or Inkling's data is gonna automatically be better? GimR got hard frame data on both of them too huh?

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Guess I'll get to keep my Bostonian husbando to myself then. :p

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
I am gonna chime in here on the remake being in multiple parts since I missed a bunch of the conversation. I have seen a lot of people bring up disk space as a reason they are splitting the game up and while this could a a factor it is not the main reason in my opinion. What I think is going on is that they want to, as they have said, remake the game without cutting anything if possible and to do that without the dev time being way to long with no return they needed to split it, This also allows them to add things without fear of wasting time or resources since sales of each part will help fund the rest of the game.

As for how the levels and items and stuff will carry over I think they will do it 1 of a few ways. 1) They will ether let people go nuts and overlevel should they choose but that could take a long time since each part of the game should be tuned to where it is in the story so no level 80 monsters in midgar for example. 2) They do a level cap per game. Cyber-Connect2 is helping with the game and they made the .hack rpgs on the ps2 which had levels caps for each game. EP1 went to level 30 2 to 60 and so on. 3) They could also set it up like crono cross where there is a kinda of level cap but it raises whenever a boss is defeated.

ALso direct hype

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I hear there's gonna be a Final Fantasy VII remake coming out for the PS4, which I don't have but I'm currently thinking about buying it as an early Christmas present. Cloud's inclusion in Smash makes me wanna check that game out.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yes!

Speaking of Deadpool, I just found this and thought it was hilarious
OMG! MY SIDES! :rotfl:

Deadpool wouldn't let the fact he didn't originate from a video game stop him.
I can already imagine the trailer;

We see a box on the ground, moving a little. Then, "PINEAPPLE SURPRISE!" and a thrown grenade makes the box explode. After that, the camera turns to a moonwalking Deadpool as he says "You guys thought Snake would come back, huh?" before he twirls around and takes a pose.

Deadpool Breaks the Wall!

I take full responsibility for that masterpiece and others like this:
View attachment 86892
I want Dededeadpool :laugh:

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I hear there's gonna be a Final Fantasy VII remake coming out for the PS4, which I don't have but I'm currently thinking about buying it as an early Christmas present. Cloud's inclusion in Smash makes me wanna check that game out.
Though the actual remake isn't out yet - and probably not for a while - the HD version of the original is now available on PS4. If you do get a PS4 I strongly recommend the game. Regardless, PS4 is definitely worth getting.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Though the actual remake isn't out yet - and probably not for a while - the HD version of the original is now available on PS4. If you do get a PS4 I strongly recommend the game. Regardless, PS4 is definitely worth getting.
im betting the first part of the remake hits 2017

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Even with GimR's vast knowledge and experience in the Smash community (he made a video that he knew would get a lot of views because of the Cloud hype train, so smart on his part), his video is merely speculation and not absolute proof of Cloud's frame data. It's silly to think that inferences derived from a video of quick money shots are going to provide irrefutable frame data. Until he's playable, any assumptions made about Cloud's frame data are simply that: assumptions. Those said assumptions won't hold water until folks can sit down and lab the **** out of him.

Bladeviper Bladeviper : Agreed. I think the first chapter of FF7 Remake will likely be released around the time of the original's 20th Anniversary.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
im betting the first part of the remake hits 2017
Just in time for the 20 year anniversary... yeah I can see that happening. Though I'm not sure how far in development they are with the game though. Maybe you're right though. Two more years seems like plenty of time. I mean all the writing of the story has been done for about 20 years. They are able to literally use the original as a reference for every area in the game. Yeah, 20th anniversary is definitely the date.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Even with GimR's vast knowledge and experience in the Smash community (he made a video that he knew would get a lot of views because of the Cloud hype train, so smart on his part), his video is merely speculation and not absolute proof of Cloud's frame data. It's silly to think that inferences derived from a video of quick money shots are going to provide irrefutable frame data. Until he's playable, any assumptions made about Cloud's frame data are simply that: assumptions. Those said assumptions won't hold water until folks can sit down and lab the **** out of him.

Bladeviper Bladeviper : Agreed. I think the first chapter of FF7 Remake will likely be released around the time of the original's 20th Anniversary.
I speculate that a lot of his moves will have good IASA frames that we didn't see.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
To think that the broadcast is finally going to happen after all this waiting and speculation. That's really something.

If only I didn't have 2 finals on the same day as the Direct...

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I speculate that a lot of his moves will have good IASA frames that we didn't see.
As do I; his F-tilt in particular.

The time code for the visual aid is 1:13, by the way. There's a noticeable amount of frames following F-tilt as Cloud readjusts the Buster Sword and returns to his normal stance. I have a feeling that the final frames of animation can be interrupted, considering the totality of the frames within that animation appears fairly lengthy, especially for a tilt, but we'll have to wait and see.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Bomberman or Banjo are revealed on Tuesday then I will bid you all adieu. Until then I'll be here.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I'm holding out hope for Banjo, as well. That bear dude deserves some Nintendo lovin'; it's been too long.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
As do I; his F-tilt in particular.

The time code for the visual aid is 1:13, by the way. There's a noticeable amount of frames following F-tilt as Cloud readjusts the Buster Sword and returns to his normal stance. I have a feeling that the final frames of animation can be interrupted, considering the totality of the frames within that animation appears fairly lengthy, especially for a tilt, but we'll have to wait and see.
The only logical reason for such lag would be that it's just about as powerful as a smash attack. I highly doubt the attack will leave Cloud stuck like that unless it either kills extremely well or its got some crazy shield stun - or ****push****

If not, it'll be pretty useless.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
The only logical reason for such lag would be that it's just about as powerful as a smash attack. I highly doubt the attack will leave Cloud stuck like that unless it either kills extremely well or its got some crazy shield stun - or ****push****

If not, it'll be pretty useless.
Even so, I think it'd be ideal to interrupt the animation if there is considerable end lag. If it reliably takes an early stock or is great for shield pressure, then I'm okay with that, too.

Last edited:
@those who responded- I never played FF7, only a bit of FF6 and on an emulator so I couldn't perform blitz. I've played Golden Sun to near completion and am probably picking up Splatoon by the end of this month. Not that Cloud's bad, because OBVIOUSLY he's good. I just have a better connection to the characters that may be filling the other DLC slots.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Tuesday is nearly upon us. Im strapped in and ready to be fired out of the hype cannon. I hope we get K Rool and Shantae

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
OMG! MY SIDES! :rotfl:
BEEEEP!

I can already imagine the trailer;

We see a box on the ground, moving a little. Then, "PINEAPPLE SURPRISE!" and a thrown grenade makes the box explode. After that, the camera turns to a moonwalking Deadpool as he says "You guys thought Snake would come back, huh?" before he twirls around and takes a pose.

Deadpool Breaks the Wall!

Imagine if every time he got hit, a censor beep happened! That would be hilarious!

Actually, why am I talking about imagine it went it is a reality!

:135:

tirkaro

Smash Champion
It's still surreal we'll finally be able to play as Cloud in Smash Bros. in less than a week. Been examining his trailer closely too since it's release, but who the hell knows how much Cloud's exact frame data has changed since then, so it's probably a wasted effort.

Not sure if he'll quite dethrone The Boi as my go-to swordsman, but things are looking pretty decent anyway.

Top Bottom