• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Apparently, Final Fantasy VII was released on January 31, 1997. RIP everyone's dream of owning Cloud in December. You'll feel the pain Aerith did when Sephiroth shoved his 6 ft Masamune through her. :p

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Apparently, Final Fantasy VII was released on January 31, 1997. RIP everyone's dream of owning Cloud in December. You'll feel the pain Aerith did when Sephiroth shoved his 6 ft Masamune through her. :p
I...If he is released then. Im gonna die. Dont do this nintendo please. Dont do this to us ;_;

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Unrelated to Strong-Arm's turmoil, I just realized that if Lightning ever made it into Smash, Nintendo has to reference the CD-i Zelda games. Why? Well...

Have fun, Light. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I doubt he'll be available before the Special Announcment video/direct.
Yeah, I imagine we'll be getting his release (and it'll probably be immediately following the Smash video)
I...If he is released then. Im gonna die. Dont do this nintendo please. Dont do this to us ;_;
...I'm pretty sure Sakurai wouldn't do that. Cloud is going to get released whenever they air the event this December.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
I just want to know the date for the direct. Ugh. Also I really hope we get Krool too
Oh and sad news. Project m has officially died

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I think adding Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas was Sakurais way of giving Project M the boot. Twas a good run though.

Morbi

Scavenger
You never know, perhaps one of the ballot characters will not be finished until the 31st of January. Therefore Sakurai would feel compelled to delay Cloud until then so that everyone can play their preferred DLC at the same time! Would that not be... Wonderful?!

I just want to know the date for the direct. Ugh. Also I really hope we get Krool too
Pls link me the obituary. Thnx.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What? Explain.

Nevermind, I read it. Worst news...

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
So sad PM died. I bet they inspired some of the changes to Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So sad PM died. I bet they inspired some of the changes to Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas.
Not to be a total prick or anything, but I'm 99% certain that they didn't. Very few changes were made to any of those characters compared to their original renditions.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Its pretty sad once you read it for yourself. I've never been good at PM (hell I'm not even good at Smash bros 4) But it was something fun and I thought of it as SSBB DLC.

http://projectmgame.com/

The Links here if you want to read it for yourself.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At least there's a chance their clone engine (or some variation) will mysteriously appear somewhere, along with PSAs on BrawlVault for Knuckles and Lyn, and who knows what else was nearly finished.

Maybe they had another security breach :yeahboi:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Well, I'll have to serve on a grand jury today, so I'm hoping that when I'm done and get my cell back, there will have been breaking news or a new announcement.
Either the wait will kill me, or the boredom will...

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
What are the changes of a Sephiroth, Tifa and Vicent/Barret costumes for the MIi's?
I think it's likely. I wouldn't mind seeing other Square-Enix franchises getting Mii costumes too (Dragon Quest, Chrono, The World Ends With You, etc.) similar to what SEGA/Namco/Capcom have been doing. Though that may be asking for too much.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I definitely see Sephiroth, Tifa and Barret. They translate almost 1-1 with the Mii playstyles, and of course the ChocoBrawler.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
...dammit man that's a huge spoiler!

jk I've completed that part a long time ago and starting a fresh data. So far, it looks like I'm doing fine with everyone at least in the level 21-24 range which is good. It's actually fun to steal things now instead of fighting and save lots of money!

Morbi

Scavenger
I think it's likely. I wouldn't mind seeing other Square-Enix franchises getting Mii costumes too (Dragon Quest, Chrono, The World Ends With You, etc.) similar to what SEGA/Namco/Capcom have been doing. Though that may be asking for too much.
I believe that Final Fantasy VII is the first game to literally "cross-over" with Smash. I do not recall if we ever got Smash Brothers X Sonic, or Smash Brothers X Street Fighter. We may have, but as far as I am concerned, we can expect more Final Fantasy VII content.

The other Square-Enix franchises might be a stretch. But it is certainly possible. Stranger things have happened.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Its next week. I'm not going to tell you how I know, but I can guarantee you, it'll be next week.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I live in Washington State and around this time of year, it's always cloudy; therefore, Cloud is confirmed.

Go home, everybody! Cloud's confirmed.

Morbi

Scavenger
whats up guys. Just got home.
I have been busy for the vast majority of the day performing all manner of religious incantations and rites an an attempt to appeal to the gods and receive the blessing of Cloud on the 3rd of December. If it works, it was all thanks to me. If it fails, you can blame it all on me.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Readying myself to get home, hangout with my corgi, and play some Smash. I'm trying to up my Ryu game at the moment. I know that I'll be maining Cloud, regardless of his viability, but I may main Ryu if I ever enter a tourney.

Gimmick

Smash Ace
The future of smash is looking pretty cloudy with the upcoming direct. My expectations are just a little clouded at the moment. Ever since Cloud was added I've felt like the sky was the limit for characters. I don't know. Maybe I just need to get my head out of the Clouds. Anyway, time for some rest. Hope you guys have a Cloudy day tomorrow!

Top Bottom