• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

StormC

Smash Hero
Have people discussed potential entrances yet? Would be pretty awesome if he rode in on his motorcycle.

Also, I haven't posted in ages, but :4cloud: is the first character that I've felt mega-hype for in over a year. I'm stoked! As long as we get one of the big three to go with him as DLC, I'll be pretty damn satisfied all around.

Last edited:

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Have people discussed potential entrances yet? Would be pretty awesome if he rode in on his motorcycle.

Also, I haven't posted in ages, but :4cloud: is the first character that I've felt mega-hype for in over a year. I'm stoked! As long as we get one of the hype three to go with him as DLC, I'll be pretty damn satisfied all around.
Cloud gets 2 entrances! One for each costume~

Advent Children: He rides in on his bike, and takes his HardEdge out of the bike as he does, and his bike leaves on it's own.

Classic Purple: (the one I'm going to be using) Summons himself to the stage with sum Materia maybe? Or maybe will get sum classic throwback to one of the FF's that debuted on the NES or SNES?

StormC

Smash Hero
Is that really a spoiler though? That's the video game equivalent of Darth Vader being Luke's father.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
cloud in smash is such a surreal thing for me. it feels like smash jumped the shark, even. but, comming from me, i love when things jump the shark. XD and ill love smash and support it still. its just... it feels so odd seeing cloud in smash.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Is that really a spoiler though? That's the video game equivalent of Darth Vader being Luke's father.
but we are at the point where its rude to spoil that plot point again with the remake coming out and there will be younger people who missed the original

StormC

Smash Hero
but we are at the point where its rude to spoil that plot point again with the remake coming out and there will be younger people who missed the original
At first I thought you were talking about Star Wars. I was pretty confused.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord

For anyone who cares, she's saying: Aiku-kun no Otomodachi?

(Aiku) = Ike
(-kun) Is one of those Japanese honorific things, used for boys that you know very well as close friends, or someone who is your junior, etc.
(no) A possessive sentence particle; in this case it would be "is your" or something.
(O) Another Japanese honorific used when referring to someone older than you, etc.
(tomodachi) = Friend

So she's asking something like, "Ike-kun is your friend?" or "Are you and Ike-kun friends?" .^ ^.

It's funny becuz she's using -kun here for Ike, as if she's his senpai or something, and it's generally confusing Cloud that they would be close enough to each other on this level. Japanese humor loli-loli-lol~ X3
He's also sitting on Pikachu, so there's that.

Haha what is up with that, btw?

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Alright so I actually did Cloud months ago, didn't expect him to be in Smash at the time. So this isn't exactly his Smash 4 render (Though it's close). You can buy stuff etc, still so strange in my head, it just doesn't quite click.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Alright so I actually did Cloud months ago, didn't expect him to be in Smash at the time. So this isn't exactly his Smash 4 render (Though it's close). You can buy stuff etc, still so strange in my head, it just doesn't quite click.

Can you do his Advent children outfit please? This is pretty boss.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Can you do his Advent children outfit please? This is pretty boss.
I can probably do that yeah, but it might not be for a few days. Having some technical issues at the moment unfortunately. :(

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I think this I found a good analysis on Clouds future moveset.

How do you post videos here?

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
For some reason, the poor guy keeps getting compared to Ike... Don't ask why. All I can find similar is a a single move.
OH THAT! I didn't realize there were that many people who actually think he's an Ike clone, I've hardly seen any.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
He's so obviously different from Ike, it's infuriating when people call him a clone. He has a projectile, much different tilts, a spiking Fair, a very prominent character gimmick in the form of Limit Break... You get the picture.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Some people thought Ike was a Marth clone.
But overall a lot of individuals are upset for the amount of Sword-weilding characters.
:196:

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
Before Cloud it was only 20% of the roster that's actually a small amount in a fighting game, so personally I'm glad we got another one and that it's a really ICONIC sword wielder (i'm looking at you >.>:4shulk:)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The irony is any lance or axe (especially axe) user that people seem to want from weapon users would probably be far less original (much less iconic)

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The game supposively is going to have 50 characters eventually so as far as FF7 characters in the game, I want to see...

Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, Zack, and Vincent

And for FFX characters,

Tidus, Yuna, Jecht, Seymour, and Auron

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
I legitimately don't understand the hate for sword characters.
This bothers me too. It's not like there aren't a lot of characters that fight with punches and kicks. Heck, even a character that SHOULD be using a sword still just punches and kicks. Not to mention how there are plenty of characters that fight with guns now too.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
That Squall trailer be coming out tomorrow. Also, give me my man Vivi from IX and Celes from VI.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
The game supposively is going to have 50 characters eventually so as far as FF7 characters in the game, I want to see...

And for FFX characters,

50 characters you say? Steiner, Vivi and Freya from FF lX need to be in this game. Or Kingdom Hearts 3. Steiner arguing with Donald, telling him how his magic can't hold a candle to his Master Vivi would be perfect.

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Before Cloud it was only 20% of the roster that's actually a small amount in a fighting game, so personally I'm glad we got another one and that it's a really ICONIC sword wielder (i'm looking at you >.>:4shulk:)
You mean looking at that sword wielder who is a first party Nintendo character and was the main protagonist of what many would argue to be one of the best JRPGs of the previous gaming generation? How preposterous that Sakurai would add him in and give him one of the most unique and interesting gimmicks in the series!

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

And for FFX characters,

hmmm they they plan on just doubling the roster then? I need sabin in this game then. Also I am pretty sure tifa and sephy are coming back, it makes no since to just cut 2 characters if they are doubling the roster

-XTIAN-

Smash Rookie
NNID
x-XTIAN-x
after looking at the new dissidia cloud trailer i just noticed again that his hair looks a bit strange in smash4, im not sure if its just the lower texture resolution or the model itself, but somethings seems off - for me at least

also in comparison roys texture "style" looks closer to the new dissidia style - well could still be in work so no high res hair yet, but i still like his ac hair ^^

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
Being able to fly across the floor at a decent speed and having the fastest roll? Meh, Sword's not THAT heavy. Jumps? Holy ****, it's impossible. Better Limit Break dem leg muscles
fastest roll on the cast? even faster than Mac's? Sweet. Pretty sure Cloud did 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats and ran 10 kilometers every day to achieve this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom