• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

StifeZ43

Smash Rookie
Sweet! Clouds in Smash bros! It seems dreams can come true.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Cloud's reveal has incited me to finally play the Final Fantasy series.

Should I just start with FFVII (if I can get my hands on it)?

I heard there was a Final Fantasy title on VC but I can't remember which one...?

------------------------

May as well "introduce myself" I guess, I main :4link: and :4mario:, I'm interested in at least labbing :4cloud: if not making him an alt of mine. (As well as learning the Cloud/Link MU)

I've mostly been hanging out in the moveset analysis thread but I figured I should pop in here too; I'll probably stick around, although the Robin subforum is my home territory.~

So Hello~
the vc should have ff,4 and 6 although 4 adn 6 a renamed 2 and 3. And as for where to start you can pretty much just pick one and go since they are all unrelated story wise with the main series. But if you want to learn about cloud before he comes out then get 7 its on steam for like 10 bucks or if you have a psp/ps3/vita its on the psn for 10 bucks as well and its coming to ps4 if you only have that but not solid release yet

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
Cloud's reveal has incited me to finally play the Final Fantasy series.

Should I just start with FFVII (if I can get my hands on it)?

I heard there was a Final Fantasy title on VC but I can't remember which one...?

------------------------

May as well "introduce myself" I guess, I main :4link: and :4mario:, I'm interested in at least labbing :4cloud: if not making him an alt of mine. (As well as learning the Cloud/Link MU)

I've mostly been hanging out in the moveset analysis thread but I figured I should pop in here too; I'll probably stick around, although the Robin subforum is my home territory.~

So Hello~
IMO i suggest starting with FFX or even IX if you care about graphics. FFVII graphics are very dated on general, also both IX and X have more content and they are better imo, though FVII is considered the best FF for many people (if not most)

Here's a thought. Do you guys think Cloud will return in Smash 5?

Also, do you think he'll have a Zack alt if he returns?
I'm not confident but i would love it if he gets his guaranted spot on next smash series like Sonic is doing. Sonic and Mario's relashionship are pretty strong nowdays, now there is Capcom bringing new monster hunter games to 3DS for a while, and even smash content, plus 2 major reps. Only time will tell. Also Zack is very unlikely, at the best he will come as an assist trophy.

Last edited:

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
IMO i suggest starting with FFX or even IX if you care about graphics. FFVII graphics are very dated and on general, also both IX and X have more content and they are better imo, though FVII is considered the best FF for many people (if not most)

I'm not confident but i would love it if he gets his guaranted spot on next smash series like Sonic is doing. Sonic and Mario's relashionship are pretty strong nowdays, and even Capcom is bringing new monster hunter games to 3DS for a while, and even smash content, plus 2 major reps. Only time will tell
if you grab the steam version of 7 you can mod it to get better models and the pre rendered backgrounds are still fine to look at so that can be a non issue

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
We probably won't get another Smash Bros for another 6-8 years. The releases have been spanned a long time in between Melee > Brawl > U. Plus you gotta consider the fact that U has DLC which only lengthens its lifespan.

You never know, this could even be the last Smash for all we know. It could just be backed by massive amounts of DLC after a while. So it's fine. If there ever is a Smash 5, I'm still confident Cloud will be in. I'm pretty sure Sakurai was confirmed to be a FF fanboy.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Like I've mentioned before, Cloud's reveal got me to play the FF main series again.

I'm starting with FF3, since last year I finally beat FF2. Then I'll revisit FF4 (Chronicles) which for some reason was so much harder on PS1, and the rest (5-10).

Although I'm having second thoughts about going through 8 again. It's probably my least favorite in the series. :(
And then I'll get back to KH!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This would never happen, but would anyone want Mecha Cloud as an alt?
Reminds me of Raziel from Soul Reaver with the blue scarf and blue-grey body.

Also, Cloud in Squall's outfit... It's totally the hair that makes Cloud look more like an outlaw or "bad guy" while Squall looks more like a modern samurai.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Anyone else here still have moments where you're just like, "Wait. Cloud's going to be in Smash," and you get all goosebumpy? I sure do.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Anyone else here still have moments where you're just like, "Wait. Cloud's going to be in Smash," and you get all goosebumpy? I sure do.
Sorta. Mainly because I was shocked that Cloud would get in the game.

I was watching the Direct in between classes at College so I had to watch the Direct on my Laptop. Really pissed me off that the first 1/3rd of the Direct was me trying to get my stream not to lag and even then, I had to set my quality to mobile because the wi-fi was garbage. Only got to see Cloud's reveal in good quality once I came home.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Jigglypuff's Sing? Assist trophies and Pokeballs? White Pikmin?

And did- did you just speak in the third person?
That one move Jiggles will never hit with 1 on 1? Items in a true battle to the death? Pffft.

Pikmin? More like ripped out weeds.

Magius does not know what you are talking about.

^_^

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
That one move Jiggles will never hit with 1 on 1? Items in a true battle to the death? Pffft.

Pikmin? More like ripped out weeds.

Magius does not know what you are talking about.

^_^
One time, I was playing FG as Fox vs. Jiggs. She used Sing WAY out of range, so I started charging an Fsmash to punish (and end the match). My momentum of the attack carried me through her, putting me to sleep, and I slid to the ledge. She Rested, I went flying, it was gg.
I changed my nickname to, "WAT"

Last edited:

Gimmick

Smash Ace
I want Sephiroth to appear on Midgard and use his imaginary solar system ending attack.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So do you think Cloud will be good or just another low tier?
Until we have all the data, it's impossible to say.
But we do know he'll have several very potent kill moves, a projectile, good range, likely a disjointed hitbox, and semi-decent recovery options. So he'll at the very least be on the higher end of mid-tier, like DK.

Also keep in mind that the tiers are a lot closer to each other in this game than in say, Melee, where you had gods and garbage. With very few exceptions, practically every character in this game has at least some viability, or several good matchups. I'd even go so far as to say that the only real balancing this game desperately needs is a few nerfs given to Sheik and Zero Skill Samus.

(How does one strikethrough text again?)

EDIT: Oh my, I just realized that this post is #777 on the Cloud board, better say something profound... um... CLOUD WILL BE THE SOLDIER FIRST CLASS GOD-TIER CHARACTER EVERY ONE WILL WANT TO MAIN BUT ONLY THE CHOSEN FEW CAN MASTER.
THAT IS ALL.
DON'T DO DRUGS. IF ANYONE OFFERS YOU FREE MAKO TREATMENTS, JUST SAY NO.

Last edited:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
That moment you realize that you'll be able to use Cloud in Smash Run. :lol:
Also wish that he had an OOT alt for Link so that we can have the true Link vs Cloud fight.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
EDIT: Oh my, I just realized that this post is #777 on the Cloud board, better say something profound... um... CLOUD WILL BE THE SOLDIER FIRST CLASS GOD-TIER CHARACTER EVERY ONE WILL WANT TO MAIN BUT ONLY THE CHOSEN FEW CAN MASTER.
THAT IS ALL.
That was the most beautiful post I've seen in a while...

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
One time, I was playing FG as Fox vs. Jiggs. She used Sing WAY out of range, so I started charging an Fsmash to punish (and end the match). My momentum of the attack carried me through her, putting me to sleep, and I slid to the ledge. She Rested, I went flying, it was gg.
I changed my nickname to, "WAT"
I call that bait and punish.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
So do you think Cloud will be good or just another low tier?
I think he'll be a solid mid-tier. Some of his moves has noticeable startup, though as the video showed there's some low-lag moves so he's got some damn fine combo ability in some form. Probably one of the better "heavy" characters, my guess is. Assuming he'll be a "heavier" character.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I call that a case of not knowing one's hitboxes in relation to Jiggy's Sing.
In the future you probably shouldn't be charging smash attacks unless you know your opponent is either an idiot or simply cannot avoid or defend themselves.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
In the future you probably shouldn't be charging smash attacks unless you know your opponent is either an idiot or simply cannot avoid or defend themselves.
Well, like I said, she was still singing. I just didn't realize I would be put to sleep mid-smash.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I think he'll be a solid mid-tier. Some of his moves has noticeable startup, though as the video showed there's some low-lag moves so he's got some damn fine combo ability in some form. Probably one of the better "heavy" characters, my guess is. Assuming he'll be a "heavier" character.
I actually didn't imagine him being a heavy character. Middle weight was my guess to be honest. But maybe he will be a heavy. I mean, his sword is probably more than enough reason for that and plus the game needs more "normal sized" heavies.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
Until we have all the data, it's impossible to say.
But we do know he'll have several very potent kill moves, a projectile, good range, likely a disjointed hitbox, and semi-decent recovery options. So he'll at the very least be on the higher end of mid-tier, like DK.

Also keep in mind that the tiers are a lot closer to each other in this game than in say, Melee, where you had gods and garbage. With very few exceptions, practically every character in this game has at least some viability, or several good matchups. I'd even go so far as to say that the only real balancing this game desperately needs is a few nerfs given to Sheik and Zero Skill Samus.

(How does one strikethrough text again?)

THAT IS ALL.
I'm of the party that thinks Cloud at least has to be fairly decent, since a DLC character that's trash won't sell. Just from business perspective alone, it makes sense to make him good. I'd say he'll at least be as good as Roy, probably better.

Anymore, I laugh in the face of ZSS. According to most counts, she's tough-as-nails to beat with Shulk, yet I've won maybe 90% of my recent battles against ZSS players... Including most recently perhaps the best player on the island overall, though ZSS is barely a secondary for him. (Sheik and Diddy are how he rolls most of the time, with MK and DK to liven things up.) Heh, I even 2-stocked one on FG the other day...

Post #777 without reference to Setzer's slot machine mechanics? For shame.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I'm still one to believe I'm in a dream sequence and we'll all be part of some giant Punk'd prank and they'll be like "JK THE NEXT CHARACTER IS INKLING GUYS WE REALLY WERE NOT PUTTING CLOUD IN SMASH SORRY".

Even though that isn't the case and I have to realize "oh **** this is really happening".

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I actually didn't imagine him being a heavy character. Middle weight was my guess to be honest. But maybe he will be a heavy. I mean, his sword is probably more than enough reason for that and plus the game needs more "normal sized" heavies.
Well, Mewtwo is supposed to be over 260 lbs. in the Poke-verse, and is still bloody light in Smash "because reasons."
I'm of the party that thinks Cloud at least has to be fairly decent, since a DLC character that's trash won't sell. Just from business perspective alone, it makes sense to make him good. I'd say he'll at least be as good as Roy, probably better.
Yeah, I hope they can make him viable without being overpowered or "pay-to-win." Although ironically, I wouldn't say Roy is that much better than Marth.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
So which Cloud costume will everyone be using? Myself, I think I'm going to go with his classic one. His Advent Children alt is extremely cool, but his FFVII appearance strikes up more nostalgia in me.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
So which Cloud costume will everyone be using? Myself, I think I'm going to go with his classic one. His Advent Children alt is extremely cool, but his FFVII appearance strikes up more nostalgia in me.
Switching between the two for sure. Although I'll probably favor his original look for the simple fact that that's where all my love was for Cloud. I mean to be fair, my first seeing Cloud was actually in the original Kingdom Hearts when I played that in 2003-2004 (and I was bullied for it by my classmates, because it was 'uncool', I remember), but once I played Final Fantasy VII itself in 2005, that was a wrap.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I still say one of those palette swaps needs to reference Final Fantasy I Warrior/Fighter class. It'd be great.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'm curious to see what his other colors will be, but I love the Cloudy Wolf Advent Children gear.

Project Crysis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Cryis45
3DS FC
1521-5275-7397
I'll probably be using Advent Cloud base color if there is not a Vincent Valentine or Aerith color variation.

Top Bottom