• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

D

Deleted member

I might be able to play Final Fantasy VI on the Wii Virtual Console sooner than I thought, I'm just waiting for my Wii Classic Controller Pro to arrive in the mail to replace the old one I had since I lost it somehow.

I'm also aiming to find a PSP somewhere just for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.
You're going to play 6? That's great! :D

I haven't played Crisis Core in a long time. I should change that and beat the game at least.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You're going to play 6? That's great! :D

I haven't played Crisis Core in a long time. I should change that and beat the game at least.
That's the plan. Of course, I need to make a schedule for this since I also have tons of other games I need to get caught up on.

Been wanting to play Crisis Core for a while after I've beaten VII, I just need to find a used PSP at a cheap enough price. As such, I don't like having to spend more than $300 for a brand new one.

Also, I have Advent Children on the way so I'm looking forward to that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That's the plan. Of course, I need to make a schedule for this since I also have tons of other games I need to get caught up on.

Been wanting to play Crisis Core for a while after I've beaten VII, I just need to find a used PSP at a cheap enough price. As such, I don't like having to spend more than $300 for a brand new one.

Also, I have Advent Children on the way so I'm looking forward to that.
I did the same. I bought a used PSP, but I got Crisis Core and Dissidia 012 brand new; the games are pretty cheap.

Ah, nice! Which version? The original or Complete?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I did the same. I bought a used PSP, but I got Crisis Core and Dissidia 012 brand new; the games are pretty cheap.

Ah, nice! Which version? The original or Complete?
Ah yes, I forgot about the Dissidia games. I might get those too.

And I don't have a Blu-Ray Player to get the Complete version, unfortunately, so the original will have to do at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah yes, I forgot about the Dissidia games. I might get those too.

And I don't have a Blu-Ray Player to get the Complete version, unfortunately, so the original will have to do at this point.
If you get Dissidia, 012 is the only one you should get. It has all of the content from the first game, including the first game's story mode, and then adds its own content like new characters and stages.

Ah, I see. In AC Complete, they added more scenes, such as one featuring Zack.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I watched Advent Children the other day and I really liked it. I would watch it again if I want to.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I watched Advent Children the other day and I really liked it. I would watch it again if I want to.
I'll be honest, I originally only watched Advent Children only because of Cloud in Smash but I really liked it afterwards and I have re-watched 6 times since.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'll be honest, I originally only watched Advent Children only because of Cloud in Smash but I really liked it afterwards and I have re-watched 6 times since.
So I see, and I'm pretty much the same way too. Cloud in Smash is the main reason I started playing Final Fantasy games with VII being my first game I've played, of course. Since I completed the game, I've been wanting to watch the movie for sometime until recently and it was an amazing experience.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
So I see, and I'm pretty much the same way too. Cloud in Smash is the main reason I started playing Final Fantasy games with VII being my first game I've played, of course. Since I completed the game, I've been wanting to watch the movie for sometime until recently and it was an amazing experience.
Truth is that even before :4cloud: was in Smash, I had already previously had experience with the FF series but left it altogether begun of a lack of interest, it was Cloud's inclusion in Smash that rekindled my interest.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I gotta say if it wasn't for me watching advent children in 2008 due to a friend begging me to watch it.I never would have played another played final fantasy in my life again due to some bad impressions i felt from playing with FF crystal chronicles on gamecube back in 2003.I was so wowed with watching advent children's action sequences and the visuals in general that it which lead me to start playing crisis core in 2009 right away after then ff 10 and etc and I never regretted a playing a FF game ever since

and then the unexpected reveal of cloud being in smash motivated me to finally finished FF7 once and for all after keeping it on hold for so many years but not because i didn't wanted to.(My ps3 broke down in 2012 and i wasn't able to buy one again until late 2015).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be honest, I didn't plan on playing VII or watch AC just because Cloud was in Smash.
Around the time Cloud was announced, I was playing FF6 and I was close to the end. I planned that after 6, I would play other FF games and 7 was the game I was going to play after 6. I played the beginning of 7 days before Cloud was released. I didn't watch AC until a few months later because finding Complete isn't very easy to do.
I was shocked Cloud got in, but I was pretty damn hyped about it. However, it was by sheer coincidence that I was planning on playing 7 and Cloud got in Smash.

EDIT: Happy anniversary to both Final Fantasy as a whole and Final Fantasy VII!
Square didn't release too much information on FF7 Remake, but we got this image of Cloud, Midgar, and Sephiroth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
EDIT: Happy anniversary to both Final Fantasy as a whole and Final Fantasy VII!
Square didn't release too much information on FF7 Remake, but we got this image of Cloud, Midgar, and Sephiroth.
That looks amazing right there. I'm putting this as my desktop wallpaper on my computer. :O
Hoping this is the year that Square Enix will break their silence about FFVII Remake. I'm just dying to hear more about it.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
That looks amazing right there. I'm putting this as my desktop wallpaper on my computer. :O
Hoping this is the year that Square Enix will break their silence about FFVII Remake. I'm just dying to hear more about it.
I'm hoping for some kind of news on the remake myself, but after seeing this I'm doubtful. https://twitter.com/VG247/status/827242437873655808
Then again they did say it would "come out first" on PS4 so who knows.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm hoping for some kind of news on the remake myself, but after seeing this I'm doubtful. https://twitter.com/VG247/status/827242437873655808
Then again they did say it would "come out first" on PS4 so who knows.
Little late for this but I really hope that's just someone spreading false rumors about it. The remake is the whole reason why I bought the PS4 (that and the original Final Fantasy VII). I'd be damned if they release it on next gen consoles.

Well on a side note, I started playing Final Fantasy VI a while ago but I didn't spent too much time on it cuz I had to go to sleep. I never went back to it since then because of other games but I'm hoping to change that this week, if not, this weekend. I do have my doubts about finishing it especially when there are games like Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Fire Emblem Echoes coming out soon.

Oh and I started playing Final Fantasy XIII on Steam as well. Looks more of an action adventure than a RPG. Do you even level up in this game?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Little late for this but I really hope that's just someone spreading false rumors about it. The remake is the whole reason why I bought the PS4 (that and the original Final Fantasy VII). I'd be damned if they release it on next gen consoles
Honestly, it might happen. When Nomura directs a game, he takes a very long time to finish it.
I appreciate the level of care and development that he's putting into the episodes of FF7 Remake, but I would just love to play the game in the PS4's lifetime.

Oh and I started playing Final Fantasy XIII on Steam as well. Looks more of an action adventure than a RPG. Do you even level up in this game?
Kinda sorta. You'll soon learn.
Honestly I've been getting bored of 13 and I'm only 4 or so hours in.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I appreciate the level of care and development that he's putting into the episodes of FF7 Remake, but I would just love to play the game in the PS4's lifetime.
This is something I'm hoping it would happen. I fear that if the remake comes out on a next gen console, I may never get the chance to play it.
Kinda sorta. You'll soon learn.
Honestly I've been getting bored of 13 and I'm only 4 or so hours in.
I'm already about 3 hours into it. Not sure how I feel about it at this point.

Last edited:

JasonKaroshi

Smash Apprentice
So I was playing against a Mario online and I found a combo that isn't true but worked anyways.

Down throw them offstage, turn around down tilt to prop them up, and then dair spike. I think up tilt might work better in place of down tilt but I don't know the hitbox and I haven't tested it out.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Update on some Dissidia news. We got our next character and the return of another Villain

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't use Discord anymore because I usually end up doing something else, usually something more important. I can't get myself to go there so I just forget about it and move on.

I usually just roam around in the Rosalina and Corrin social threads or go to YouTube to watch some videos or do some online shopping.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Been almost a year since I last posted and we've only gained about 10 pages. Guess I haven't missed much lol
Yeah, looks like I'll never get to be quote number 7777... :'(

To get a new discussion rolling, how do we feel about Cloud's placement in the new tier list?

I'd say from his underwhelming results and people learning to play against him, I'd say he's top 8, but not top 3. 7 sounds about right (KEK).

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't give a **** about tier list, really.

Anyways, I really want to put more time into playing Final Fantasy VI but I never have the time to do it. I'm only like two hours into the game and that's it. It's pretty good so far.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I'm mostly on discord, but I pop on every so often to see what's up, and to mostly drop Dissidia news lol. This Knuckles smashboards joke is awesome btw..

D

Deleted member

I'm mostly on discord, but I pop on every so often to see what's up, and to mostly drop Dissidia news lol. This Knuckles smashboards joke is awesome btw..
I dunno why people find this funny.
I won't chuckle, I rather flex my muscles. As a Knuckles main from the Knuckles May Chuckle series, I will bring honor to him in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS & Knuckles.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I'm not too fond of this Knuckles boards joke.

Honestly, I'm ready for this day to be over with.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I'm not too fond of this Knuckles boards joke.

Honestly, I'm ready for this day to be over with.
I do find Knucklesboards to be better than Shaqboards at least, but nothing can top Emblemboards.

But yeah, I'm ready to revert back to Smashboards already.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Quick heads up for my Cloud-maining brethren: The Cloud amiibo are now available, and the AC version is only available thru GameStop (listed as the "Player 2" ver.)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I pre-ordered it just this morning. Can't wait to get my hands on that masterpiece.

Did the Advent Children version sell out or something?

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
About time they started rolling out these cloud amiibo's. I didn't want to pay a hundred something bucks(like square Enix's play arts cloud figure) just to own a figure of cloud but it looks really nice

Also it seems that GameStop is out of stock for ac cloud as I was able to pre order mines two days ago

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Already pre-ordered both of mine. I went with getting Soldier Cloud online, and "player 2" aka AC Cloud via Gamestop since I actually like both designs.

D

Deleted member

I just preordered SOLDIER Cloud before the preorders were done and gone.
Oddly enough, my receipt says Cloud (FINAL FANTASY VIII)... I didn't know Cloud was in FF8. :p

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just to keep this thread going for a bit, I'm now over 30 hours playing Final Fantasy 6. I'm absolutely loving this game already and I'm not even close to finishing it. Usually spent most of the time magic and level grinding the characters, which they are amazing and memorable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom