• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
View attachment 124448
I think Cloud is referring to when he gets the "sudden" shocks from a younger Cloud, AKA the real Cloud that's inside him, in FF7. This is seen when Cloud hands over the Black Materia to Sephiroth; a younger Cloud is trying to tell him not to... that's the real Cloud.
Explains why he was in such a breakdown in Advent Children, guess the events that happen in the game just ended up breaking him, just what happened to him at the end of Dirge of Cerberus? Did he disappear again?

D

Deleted member

Explains why he was in such a breakdown in Advent Children, guess the events that happen in the game just ended up breaking him, just what happened to him at the end of Dirge of Cerberus? Did he disappear again?
In Advent Children, Cloud acted the way he did because he wasn't happy with who he has become. Not to mention that he feels like he hasn't been helping his friends as much as he could and he's dying in the movie.
He also feels guilty for the deaths of Aerith and Zack Fair, as Cloud feels responsible for their deaths.
As for what happened in DoC, he's alive and well. I think he disappeared when Omega appeared.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
In Advent Children, Cloud acted the way he did because he wasn't happy with who he has become. Not to mention that he feels like he hasn't been helping his friends as much as he could and he's dying in the movie.
He also feels guilty for the deaths of Aerith and Zack Fair, as Cloud feels responsible for their deaths.
As for what happened in DoC, he's alive and well. I think he disappeared when Omega appeared.
So he disappeared mysteriously without a trace? I thought it had something to do with him still not coming 100% to grips with what happened.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Seeing as DoC is the last part of the FFVII story so far, it's kind of hard to say what exactly happened to Cloud.

Frankly, I thought he was in a better space at that time. Remember, DoC takes place a year after AC, after Cloud is healed from Geostigma and has his vision of Zack and Aerith at peace, so he's in a much better place. The ending track of AC is "Cloud Smiles," after all.

In DoC, Cloud is in a position to give an encouraging word to Vincent, as opposed to the usual schtick of Cloud's friends rallying around him. We don't get a black-and-white 'here's what happened to Cloud' because DoC is Vincent's story, not Cloud's.

Besides, what straight male wouldn't go home to a girl like Tifa?

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
In Advent Children, Cloud acted the way he did because his real journey in Final Fantasy VII is finding out the truth about his past and accepting himself for who he is, no matter all the faults he has and mistakes he has made. That being said after losing Aeirth, and suddenly remembering an old friend of his who literally sacrificed himself to save Cloud it was like losing 2 close people at once (one all over again). Fast forward to AC, Cloud is rather depressed as anyone would be after feeling somewhat responsible for the death of said friends and discovering he has that universe's version of cancer aka Geostigma. So yeah no **** he's gonna act "emo" as some might call it, but I understandably recognize as depression. It happens to all of us. Cloud’s story of self discovery is easily the most relatable and scarily human. As for what happens to him in DoC nothing at all he's fine, and as someone mentioned before the game mostly focuses on Vincent and tells the story from his point of view as far as we're concerned he's probably back home showing Tifa his Buster sword.

D

Deleted member

In Advent Children, Cloud acted the way he did because his real journey in Final Fantasy VII is finding out the truth about his past and accepting himself for who he is, no matter all the faults he has and mistakes he has made. That being said after losing Aeirth, and suddenly remembering an old friend of his who literally sacrificed himself to save Cloud it was like losing 2 close people at once (one all over again). Fast forward to AC, Cloud is rather depressed as anyone would be after feeling somewhat responsible for the death of said friends and discovering he has that universe's version of cancer aka Geostigma. So yeah no **** he's gonna act "emo" as some might call it, but I understandably recognize as depression. It happens to all of us. Cloud’s story of self discovery is easily the most relatable and scarily human. As for what happens to him in DoC nothing at all he's fine, and as someone mentioned before the game mostly focuses on Vincent and tells the story from his point of view as far as we're concerned he's probably back home showing Tifa his Buster sword.
One thing that I hate that people bring up is the fact that Cloud is "emo" and that his character from FF7 was destroyed.
Honestly, I liked the direction Advent Children brought him in. It made Cloud more believable and human, which are qualities that I like in a hero. Of course Cloud is going to be depressed, especially with everything he's gone through in FF7 and what he is going through in AC.
A theme in AC is forgiveness. Cloud feels guilty and responsible for the deaths of Aerith and Zack. Cloud finally gets out of his funk when Aerith tells him that she was happy that he was even there and Zack reminds Cloud that he is Zack's living legacy, which gives him the strength to defeat Sephiroth (in AC Complete at least, which adds scenes from Crisis Core and with Zack).
While I did like Cloud in FF7, AC cemented him as one of my favorite Final Fantasy protagonists and video game characters.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
One thing that I hate that people bring up is the fact that Cloud is "emo" and that his character from FF7 was destroyed.
Honestly, I liked the direction Advent Children brought him in. It made Cloud more believable and human, which are qualities that I like in a hero. Of course Cloud is going to be depressed, especially with everything he's gone through in FF7 and what he is going through in AC.
A theme in AC is forgiveness. Cloud feels guilty and responsible for the deaths of Aerith and Zack. Cloud finally gets out of his funk when Aerith tells him that she was happy that he was even there and Zack reminds Cloud that he is Zack's living legacy, which gives him the strength to defeat Sephiroth (in AC Complete at least, which adds scenes from Crisis Core and with Zack).
While I did like Cloud in FF7, AC cemented him as one of my favorite Final Fantasy protagonists and video game characters.
I think the reason that people see him as emo is the fact that so many games that featured him after AC did portray him as emo. Kingdom Hearts, Dissidia, etc., all make him kinda moody in the English translation, instead of what I believe was intended to be a stoic, quiet front.
That, and dressing him in all black didn't really help...

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I think the reason that people see him as emo is the fact that so many games that featured him after AC did portray him as emo. Kingdom Hearts, Dissidia, etc., all make him kinda moody in the English translation, instead of what I believe was intended to be a stoic, quiet front.
That, and dressing him in all black didn't really help...
That falls under the category of judging a book by it's cover. People that only seen Cloud outside of FFVII and AC really can't judge the character based off games like Kingdom Hearts, Smash etc... As for Dissidia Cloud's english Va just did his job I blame the people who are in charge of the voice direction for his "moody" demeanor.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I just saw all the story of DoC and Cloud just disappeared around the time when Omega appeared making it unclear just what exactly happened to him.
That falls under the category of judging a book by it's cover. People that only seen Cloud outside of FFVII and AC really can't judge the character based off games like Kingdom Hearts, Smash etc... As for Dissidia Cloud's english Va just did his job I blame the people who are in charge of the voice direction for his "moody" demeanor.
I never saw him as "emo" just someone who is trying to wrap up who he is exactly.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Are we still talking about Smash here? Or is this the FFXV and FFVII comparison forums? If people are still playing Snash with all the cool new games out right now. For the rare occasions I do play smash and not overwatch, I'm having a little trouble against Fox. I think it may be a mental problem for me, but his speed and dash attack are a big problem for me. How's our matchup vs him?

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Are we still talking about Smash here? Or is this the FFXV and FFVII comparison forums? If people are still playing Snash with all the cool new games out right now. For the rare occasions I do play smash and not overwatch, I'm having a little trouble against Fox. I think it may be a mental problem for me, but his speed and dash attack are a big problem for me. How's our matchup vs him?
For his dash attack, take some advantage of perfect shielding. If Fox is close enough after the dash attack, try some quick strikes for a punish. For Fox's speed, some of his attacks has some lag that could be punishable, like his deflector can be punished if thrown out carelessly. Just don't try punishing deflectors with Blade Beam.

Try playing defensive punishing games as a Cloud player. As for matchups, I cannot say how he'd fare against Fox. Try looking at both the Cloud and Fox boards for some clues on that matchup.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I agree with Blue_Sword_Edge Blue_Sword_Edge , try the Fox forums for helps on specific match ups, but I'll share a little of what I know about this one, dash attack is heavily punishable with perfect shielding, if you are good with fox trotting, it is also a good way to bait out a move and then capitalize on it, as for his speed, he has a lack of range in his attacks, if you space yourself correctly you should be able to stay safe for the most part, and eve though I think this one is pretty common, watch out for the fair footstool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

MAH BOI FINALLY COMING THROUGH
Now that we have Zidane and Kuja in the game, I hope that we will see Vivi sooner or later.

And here I thought it was gonna be Noctis.
I bet Noct is in the game, but it would be a bit unwise to announce him now.
Dissidia loves to spoil the games represented...
Case in point, Kuja has Trance and a tail like Zidane does, which means the two have some form of connection.
so putting in Noct now, especially since FFXV was released about 2 months ago, would be unwise. I bet we will see him in the future, where hopefully more people would have beaten FF15.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
Now that we have Zidane and Kuja in the game, I hope that we will see Vivi sooner or later.

I bet Noct is in the game, but it would be a bit unwise to announce him now.
Dissidia loves to spoil the games represented...
Case in point, Kuja has Trance and a tail like Zidane does, which means the two have some form of connection.
so putting in Noct now, especially since FFXV was released about 2 months ago, would be unwise. I bet we will see him in the future, where hopefully more people would have beaten FF15.
15 is definitely a good FF compared to the last 2, but don't you think it's a little lazy that you have to watch 2 movies to keep track of what happens in the game? Now don't get me wrong, both are good, but still.

D

Deleted member

15 is definitely a good FF compared to the last 2, but don't you think it's a little lazy that you have to watch 2 movies to keep track of what happens in the game? Now don't get me wrong, both are good, but still.
I don't mind it.
Brotherhood and Kingsglaive serve as companions to FFXV's story.
Brotherhood delves into the pasts of Noctis, Prompto, Ignis, and Gladious and how the latter three connect with Noct; they all have a reason to accompany Noct. The last episode gives Noct some character development and back story.
Kingsglaive's events happen in the background of FFXV's first chapter. In fact, some scenes from the movie are used in the game. It also delves into what the Kingsglaive is, as it was briefly mentioned in the game near the end.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
He didn't use Ultima.

WHY DIDN'T HE USE ULTIMA?!?!?!

But seriously, now that Kuja and Kain are in, this has gone to a mandatory purchase for me.

Thanks for sharing ♥♥♥

EDIT: found his moveset video.

https://youtu.be/54bknP6ENQk
That looks freakin awesome, I have yet to actually play a Dissidia game yet I already know what characters I would use.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
After many delays, I've finally beaten FF XV. Great game no doubt and the ending was just beautiful.

D

Deleted member

I beat FFXV the other day.
It was a good experience overall and I enjoyed it from beginning to end. I like Noctis, the ending was nice, I loved the music, and I love the world of Eos.
If you want my full thoughts on the game, I said so on Discord:
My pros and cons with FFXV:
+The characters have a great dynamic with each other. Cor said it best; Noctis's bodyguards aren't just that... they're his brothers.
+And on that note, Noctis was a pretty good lead role. I don't like him more than Terra and Cloud, but he's a good hero.
+I do enjoy the story for what it was.
+Combat was pretty fun, as well as using multiple weapons that meet your playstyle.
+The music was pretty good!
+There was a lot of exploration in the overworld and in some of the dungeons. I was nervous about this after hearing how linear FF13 was.
+Ardyn was actually a pretty good villain.
-Despite the dynamic between our heroes, I wish there was a female in the party.
-I understand how the game was a tragedy, but they just ****ted on Noctis too much after Altissa.
-I feel like the Empire didn't do much other than send robots after you.
-Sound mixing can be awful. This is noticeable how quiet Ardyn speaks and there is music just blasting over the dialogue.
-Is Ramuh the only Summon that aids you in battle?
-Getting EXP is very easy in this game. If you do sidequests and hunts, you're fine.
-Not a fan how I can't see the other characters during the World of Ruin part. It would be nice to see Iris, Cindy, Cor, and the like during this time.
If I had to rank the games I played so far, it would be:
6 > 7 = 10 > 15 > 9 >>>>> 4
4 is the only one I played that I dislike.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If I had to rank the three Final Fantasy games I've played myself at this point, VII is definitely my number one followed by IX and, of course, XV.
And as for which game in the series I should play next, I would go with VI but I haven't been using my Wii lately. I do have X as part of the X / X-2 HD Remaster on my PS4 but for some reason, I can't get myself to play it. I've put in like two hours of it a while back but never went back to it. I would give XIII a try on Steam just to see for myself why it's got so many mixed opinions but I'm pretty much hooked up to this Yu-Gi-Oh! game that came out a month ago.
Heh, I can't seem to decide what's next but...oh well. Not much else I can do at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I had to rank the three Final Fantasy games I've played myself at this point, VII is definitely my number one followed by IX and, of course, XV.
And as for which game in the series I should play next, I would go with VI but I haven't been using my Wii lately. I do have X as part of the X / X-2 HD Remaster on my PS4 but for some reason, I can't get myself to play it. I've put in like two hours of it a while back but never went back to it. I would give XIII a try on Steam just to see for myself why it's got so many mixed opinions but I'm pretty much hooked up to this Yu-Gi-Oh! game that came out a month ago.
Heh, I can't seem to decide what's next but...oh well. Not much else I can do at this point.
Definitely try to play 6 if you can. Even if your Wii doesn't get much use, playing 6 is worth it.
If you can't get into 10, I understand. It's not a game for everyone I suppose. I enjoyed it because every character has a role and the character interactions remind me of Xenoblade, which I love.

As for which FF game I'll play next... I think I'll play Type-0 next. I will also be a masochist and play 13... it can't be that bad, right? I want to play 5, but I don't really have means to play it and I rather not play an RPG on my phone.
I was going to play 12 after 10, but since I just got my PS4 last month I skipped it over for 15. I might hold off on 12 until the remake is released.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I was going to play 12 after 10, but since I just got my PS4 last month I skipped it over for 15. I might hold off on 12 until the remake is released.
This is a good idea. The remaster is also the international edition, with content added and bugs ironed out that make it so much better.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I was planning for some time to get an Xbox 360 or PS3 just for XIII, but after the reviews and the gameplay, I decided to just skip it and try and get VII whenever I have the chance, I have already played 8, 5 and 6.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was planning for some time to get an Xbox 360 or PS3 just for XIII, but after the reviews and the gameplay, I decided to just skip it and try and get VII whenever I have the chance, I have already played 8, 5 and 6.
It's better to play the game yourself rather than to listen to what everybody says about it. XIII is still on my wishlist to play but I'm waiting until the next Steam sale so that I wouldn't have to pay $15 for it.
Like Xeno610 said, it can't be that bad.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
It's better to play the game yourself rather than to listen to what everybody says about it. XIII is still on my wishlist to play but I'm waiting until the next Steam sale so that I wouldn't have to pay $15 for it.
Like Xeno610 said, it can't be that bad.
I'll think about it. Right now, the only one that appeals to me a little is LR(Lightning Returns), even if only because of the combat system and being open world(time limit is a mixed bag for me though) and because of the SOLDIER 1ST Class outfit, on the subject of the price of the original XIII, over here where I live you can find a copy for about 7-8$ dollars and finding one is easy because they are very abundant.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'll think about it. Right now, the only one that appeals to me a little is LR(Lightning Returns), even if only because of the combat system and being open world(time limit is a mixed bag for me though) and because of the SOLDIER 1ST Class outfit, on the subject of the price of the original XIII, over here where I live you can find a copy for about 7-8$ dollars and finding one is easy because they are very abundant.
I would buy it, but I don't have a PS3 or an Xbox 360 so that's out of the question.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I liked XIII far more than most critics, but even I'll say: just watch a collection of the cinematics or a playthrough, and start playing with XIII-2.
The gameplay and pacing didn't ever seem to hit its stride, and the battle system was unnecessarily complicated.
But XIII-2 was the first game I ever got a platinum trophy, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. LR was interesting, with something of a weird ending, but I liked it well enough.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I liked XIII far more than most critics, but even I'll say: just watch a collection of the cinematics or a playthrough, and start playing with XIII-2.
The gameplay and pacing didn't ever seem to hit its stride, and the battle system was unnecessarily complicated.
But XIII-2 was the first game I ever got a platinum trophy, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. LR was interesting, with something of a weird ending, but I liked it well enough.
I heard the ending to LR was a major disappointment to shippers overall.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Well, aside from random character listings, I have indeed played Final Fantasy prior to Cloud in Smash. Here's my thoughts on the main numbered titles

FF1 - I haven't played much into this, but from what I played and can remember, it was alright. This is judging from the PSP version.

FF2 - Same platform and thoughts on this game as FF2.

FF3 - It may have a more expanded amount of jobs than FF1, but judging from the DS port, don't want to finish it through.

FF4 - haven't finished any version I played, but it was enjoyable. I might restart a playthrough on that one.

FF5 - Currently on a playthrough (juggling that with other games outside of FF) and I am loving it. The Job System in that game is amazing. Got to get back on that game. The mobile/Steam ports graphics are passable. I think this game is my favorite of the franchise.

FF6 - Good game, I never finished my Virtual Console run, though. Definitely a good entry in the series.

FF7 - Beat this game. I like the game, just not too strongly. The game does deserve some the attention it gets.

FF8 - Beat this one and it was my first FF title. I can definitely say that the soundtrack is amazing. People have mixed opinions in general, but I liked it.

FF9 - This is a good game. Like 8, good soundtrack.

FF10 - I think it's okay, I don't have real strong opinions on this.

FF12 - I have to go back to this one for an opinion.

FF13 - It doesn't interest me any more. Lightning is the only one who stands out due to advertising.

Never played the FF11 and FF14 (Original or reboot) games because they're MMOs. I don't have an opinion on them.

F15 - I played demos of this game. It looks promising. If I get it, I'll say on how it is.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I see people here ranking the FF games they liked and played from most to least so here mines >>

FF 10
FF 13
FF 7 crisis core
FF7
FF 13-2
FF dissidia duedeceim
Final Fantasy 10- 2
FF crystal chronicles

In that order

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I might be able to play Final Fantasy VI on the Wii Virtual Console sooner than I thought, I'm just waiting for my Wii Classic Controller Pro to arrive in the mail to replace the old one I had since I lost it somehow.

I'm also aiming to find a PSP somewhere just for Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.

Last edited:
Top Bottom