• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Just to keep this thread going for a bit, I'm now over 30 hours playing Final Fantasy 6. I'm absolutely loving this game already and I'm not even close to finishing it. Usually spent most of the time magic and level grinding the characters, which they are amazing and memorable.
Well, congratulations on hitting post number 7000 in the VII thread!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
After like 3 tries, I finally finished Final Fantasy 6 today. No doubt it's such an amazing game.

Though I am aware that some, if not many, consider 6 to be the best in the Final Fantasy series, I really can't decide between that and 7. I mean both games are such amazing masterpieces in their own right that I can't pick one of them as being better than the other. I simply just love both of those games equally.

Linktest

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5282-8249-3221
My favorite Cloud combo is up-air to up-air to up-air to up-air to up-air to up-air to up-air to finishing touch.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
A good majority of the Clouds I've fought were just downright trash I would kick their asses no problem. There were some good ones here and there too, but none of them used that combo.

Really, who would be dumb*** enough to fall for that ****?

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
It's about time we got confirmation on this game coming out on PS4...now to wait until 2018

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
I was WONDERING how long it was gonna take for you to post that here ;)
The trailer dropped while I was at work so I had to wait until I was on break to share lol.

It's about time indeed. That game looks too good to miss out on. 2018 is gonna be a good year for me already.
I know! now I definitely need to get a PS4.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
You guys know what time it is. We have our next fighter for Dissidia, and one of the few characters I actually played!

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Ok so I'm not sure if anyone is aware of it, but Final Fantasy XV is finally getting it's PC port. Now with a game on the scale of FF15 it's pretty obvious that it's going to be very demanding in terms of requirements.

On a different topic, I've been mostly playing other fighters and haven't really payed much attention to Smash 4. Mainly due to the fact that Nintendo killed the exploit for mods and thus killed my reason for booting up the system, but a new exploit is in the works so we'll see how that goes. Anyway that is all

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
A good majority of the Clouds I've fought were just downright trash I would kick their ***** no problem. There were some good ones here and there too, but none of them used that combo.

Really, who would be dumb*** enough to fall for that ****?

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Not sure if anybody else got into the Dissidia beta, but it's certainly something. It's definitely a team game that requires team synergy, you can't play this game solo, or you're just gonna die. A lot of strategy is involved, and if your team is bad, you just get outright thrashed. Additionally, I can't see this having a 1v1 mode, considering how this game is built and how these characters play. There are also times where I find myself in a 3v1 situation, more often than I should, but that's what happens when teammates just don't help in getting them off you. Needless to say, customization is a big deal as well, as you can pick loadouts and I'm pretty sure you can customize them to your heart's content in the final product, but you can only have 1 HP attack, which is very odd, but it is no longer a 1v1 game, so that's probably to be expected.

Overall, I find it to be a very fun game, but you'll definitely need a coordinated team to win.
I've been messing with my boy Squall online and I find him very fun, but certainly a difficult character to master because of his trigger and draw gimmicks.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Not sure if anybody else got into the Dissidia beta, but it's certainly something. It's definitely a team game that requires team synergy, you can't play this game solo, or you're just gonna die. A lot of strategy is involved, and if your team is bad, you just get outright thrashed. Additionally, I can't see this having a 1v1 mode, considering how this game is built and how these characters play. There are also times where I find myself in a 3v1 situation, more often than I should, but that's what happens when teammates just don't help in getting them off you. Needless to say, customization is a big deal as well, as you can pick loadouts and I'm pretty sure you can customize them to your heart's content in the final product, but you can only have 1 HP attack, which is very odd, but it is no longer a 1v1 game, so that's probably to be expected.

Overall, I find it to be a very fun game, but you'll definitely need a coordinated team to win.
I've been messing with my boy Squall online and I find him very fun, but certainly a difficult character to master because of his trigger and draw gimmicks.
The game in a way is slightly different from the previous titles, but at the same time has some familiar things to it. There is in fact going to be a 1v1 and a 2v2 mode in the final product, but for the beta it's 3v3 at the moment. Now in terms of teams I believe this game is going to hold similarities to the game Over Watch in terms of team composition, and by that I mean if you have a balanced team and members who are willing to cooperate then you'll be able to put up a fight...however if you have idiots who are just charging **** first into the enemy then prepare to lose a lot.
Reason why I bring up the team composition and compare it to Over watch is because in the tutorial you are given the different character "types" and it explains how each work

They basically work as different classes and each excel at a specific task, and I actually like that. It's nothing new since we've had characters in the previous Dissidia games with varying fighting styles, but I like how they listed it here.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Well it was a matter of when, and not if. It'll be interesting to see how he'll play. As for the final roster, this is what I think the final roster will look like, everyone else's will likely be different and I'll be wrong anyways, so here goes nothing:

Dissidia NT Final Roster Prediction

FFI-Garland, Warrior of Light
FFII-Emporer Mateus, Firion
FFIII-Onion Knight, Cloud of Darkness
FFIV-Cecil, Kane, Golbez, Rydia
FFV-Bartz, Exdeath, Gilgamesh
FFVI-Kefka,Terra, Celes, Sabin
FFVII-Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Vincent
FFVIII-Ultimecia, Squall, Seifer, Rinoa
FFIX-Kuja, Zidane, Vivi, Garnet
FFX-Jecht, Tidus, Yuna, Seymour
FFXI-Shantotto, Prishe
FFXII-Vaan, Gabranth, Balthier, Fran OR Vayne Solider
FFXIII-Lightning, Snow, Serah, Caius
FFXIV-Y'shtola
FFXV-Noctis
FFT-Ramza
FFT0-Ace

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Man, January can't seem to get here quick enough. I'm already anxious to play Dissidia NT just because of how good that game looks. Plus it'll be my first Dissidia game I'll be playing.

D

Deleted member

Anybody play Tekken 7?
When spring time rolls around, I'll be buying Tekken 7 along with this DLC!
Noctis is my third favorite Final Fantasy main protagonist, so I am incredibly hyped to see him in this game! I was losing my mind when I first heard the news!

But what a coincidence that Noctis was announced today as a guest character in Tekken 7. You know who else was announced on this day?
As Cloud said before, in regards to his appearance in Smash and Noctis's appearance in Tekken 7... "Never thought I'd see the day."

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
As Cloud said before, in regards to his appearance in Smash and Noctis's appearance in Tekken 7... "Never thought I'd see the day."
Now the next step for Square Enix is to announce FFVII remake coming to Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Noctis being in Tekken 7 makes no sense at all. Before anyone tries to make the argument about the goofy characters like the boxing kangaroo or sentient training dummy Mokujin ask yourself this...Does Noctis' fighting style pertain to real life?. I struggle to come up with a reason why Noctis was added over a more demanded character like Kazuma Kiryu from the Yakuza series, but what do I know about marketing. I don't have anything against Noctis or FF characters in general (I main Cloud afterall) but having a FF rep in a fighting game like this honestly doesn't make any sense....he'd be better off in a Soul Calibur game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Eh, I’m not really into the Tekken games so Noctis being in 7 doesn’t interest me at all.
When spring time rolls around, I'll be buying Tekken 7 along with this DLC!
Noctis is my third favorite Final Fantasy main protagonist, so I am incredibly hyped to see him in this game! I was losing my mind when I first heard the news!

But what a coincidence that Noctis was announced today as a guest character in Tekken 7. You know who else was announced on this day?
Has it really been that long already? Damn, it feels like it was just only yesterday when Cloud was confirmed for Smash. That was some hype back then. And it was thanks to his inclusion that got me into the Final Fantasy games, which would later became my second favorite franchise ever.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
As cool as Noctis is, I'm so not hyped for Dissida NT after seeing the gameplay. It's like SE just went for more breadth than depth, which is never good for a fighter, imo.

DonOwens

Smash Cadet
Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong place, will edit/delete if necessary.

Are there any experienced Cloud players here that can explain the limit charge cancel options? I vaguely remember reading or seeing somewhere that after charging limit, there are a few animations you can cancel into while still charging limit briefly.
Can anyone elaborate?

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong place, will edit/delete if necessary.

Are there any experienced Cloud players here that can explain the limit charge cancel options? I vaguely remember reading or seeing somewhere that after charging limit, there are a few animations you can cancel into while still charging limit briefly.
Can anyone elaborate?
While charging limit if you press the shield button followed by an attack he cancels the animation and goes straight into the attack. For example charge limit then simultaneously press shield and dtilt and Cloud will instant cancel his limit charge and go straight into his slide. Check out this thread for details regarding the tech known as ILBC aka instant limit break cancel.
https://smashboards.com/threads/cloud-instant-liimit-break-cancel-ilbc.425982/

Last edited:

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
You thought me gone? Ha not even close. We got Vayne from Final Fantasy XII making his debut in Dissidia

Top Bottom