• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
Ten years is a long *** time to develop a game such as FF XV. Sure hope it's worth it.
Did it really take a decade to make FFXV?! That's almost like 2 whole console generations ago.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Did it really take a decade to make FFXV?! That's almost like 2 whole console generations ago.
It was a very long time to make a game such as XV, ain't it? From what I've heard, it used to be a spin-off game under the title Final Fantasy Versus XIII for the PS3 until halfway through its development cycle that they decided to change it to XV and development started over from scratch. Pretty crazy stuff I know; and I was surprised too when I first heard about it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As Tino mentioned, it was originally a game called Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They changed the game to be XV internally and secretly.
An article about the development on XV can be read here:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Development_of_Final_Fantasy_XV
Also relevant:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII#Development
It was actually 1 console generation ago. FF Versus XIII was originally a PS3 game, but they had to move it over to the PS4 and Xbox One.
Despite being in development hell, the game has seen some praise, which is great. It sold 5 million copies, making XV the fastest selling Final Fantasy so far.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just barely started Chapter 2 on my playthrough. Spent most of the time doing a few side missions here and there.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Yeaaaaaaah

...I guess I'll play it, too

Smooth Criminal
...*******.
It was a very long time to make a game such as XV, ain't it? From what I've heard, it used to be a spin-off game under the title Final Fantasy Versus XIII for the PS3 until halfway through its development cycle that they decided to change it to XV and development started over from scratch. Pretty crazy stuff I know; and I was surprised too when I first heard about it.
Yeah, I've been waiting a good ten years, but so far, it's been worth it.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I listen to nothing but FF VII music on our roadtrip. If they had FF IX music in there, I'd listen to those too.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Can confirm that they have music from ALL main series titles, even songs from Type-0 and both Dissidias. You just gotta hunt for them.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sorry for double post, but who gives a damn anyways.

I finally made it to the Crystal World in FF IX. Any tips I should know of before I rush in and tackle the final boss?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Other than Zidane, I currently have Dagger, Steiner and Freya alongside him.

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
That'll probably work out for you since my party was pretty much the same, except I used Vivi over Steiner.
Zidane should focus on attacking and use items as necessary.
Dagger should prioritize healing, reviving, and buffing as usual and throwing out the occasional summon if your party is healthy, but it is important to know when to keep her on standby because there will be attacks that deal big damage to the party,
I can't say much about Steiner since I never really used him in my playthrough, but I assume he'll be on offense and using items as necessary, basically the same as Zidane.
Freya should also typically focus on offense, but can play a bit of support because I found White Draw and Reis's Wind to be very useful abilities in the fight since they work for some quick MP and HP restoration. Additionally, you can use Dragon's Crest for big damage if you've killed a lot of dragons.

I should note that nobody in my party was past lv 60 at this point, so you don't have to be terribly high leveled. Generally, I didn't think the fight was too difficult, but it can certainly catch you off guard with the high damage that can be dealt. Of course, you also don't wanna put up Reflects. Most imporantly, you'll have to be careful about your attacks towards the end because the counterattacks can destroy you or put you in a pretty bad situation.

As for abilities and equipment that I used....
Zidane
The Tower
Thief Hat
Thief Gloves
Dark Gear
Black Belt

Auto-Haste
Auto-Regen
Gamble Defense
Body Temp
Antibody
Insomniac
Bright Eyes
Jelly
Locomotion
Clear Head

Dagger
Wizard Rod
Golden Hairpin
Magic Armlet
Robe of Lords
Ribbon

Auto-Regen
Half MP
Insomniac
Antibody
Loudmouth
Locomotion
Clear Head

Freya
Kain's Lance
Genji Helmet
Venetia Shield
Genji Armor
Barette

Auto-Haste
Auto-Regen
Accuracy+
High Jump
Gamble Defense
Body Temp
Antibody
Jelly
Locomotion
Clear Headed

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
So it turns out an iPod type of thing can be unlocked, allowing for FF music to be played while roaming the land. I need this thing.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I hear VI is the best in the series but I don't have an opinion on that because I've never played it.

There's no doubt VII is a masterpiece in my book but I can't really say it's the best because I've only played two FF games. The other being IX, which was not as amazing as VII but still a decent entry.

I do have XV right now but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it'll be the best in the series and I can't speak for those that have already beaten it.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So far, 6 is the best entry in the series for me, though I'm still working through 7.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I onlyPlayed through ten,thirteen and seven and it's prequel (crisis core).My favorite ff is ten mostly for the gameplay and story. I also don't hate thirteen.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Merry Christmas, SOLDIERs! I hope you all had a wonderful day today!

I hear VI is the best in the series but I don't have an opinion on that because I've never played it.
You should change that. 6 is my favorite entry even after 7, 9, 10, and now 15.

D

Deleted member

Where do I find 6 though?
There's the GBA and Steam releases, but the latter is bad so I wouldn't recommend it.
If you still have your Wii, you can play the game for 800 points. It's called "Final Fantasy III" on there.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
I onlyPlayed through ten,thirteen and seven and it's prequel (crisis core).My favorite ff is ten mostly for the gameplay and story. I also don't hate thirteen.
My first FF was VIII, then I played V, VI and a little of X. Just what the heck is wrong with XIII? Sure it has it flaws but it isn't that bad is it?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I've only played I, IV (both the SNES version and the DS port) and VI. I've also seen an LP of X. Holding onto my PS4 in hopes of playing the remake of VII. Would've gotten rid of it by now if not for that since I only got it for Fallout 4 and Axiom Verge and both of those are available on PC.

D

Deleted member

My first FF was VIII, then I played V, VI and a little of X. Just what the heck is wrong with XIII? Sure it has it flaws but it isn't that bad is it?
13 is either a game that you love or you hate, apparently.
The main flaws I heard involve the extremely linear exploration and characters. The game has infamously been called Final Hallway XIII for how linear the areas are; you go down a straight line with maybe a little outcome along the way. This isn't even an oversight, it was an intentional design choice so that you could get invested in the characters. The characters, from what I heard, aren't very likable to begin with and don't have an interesting dynamic with them.
Combat is something you will enjoy or hate, but it's... exploitable for a lack of a better word.

This is actually 13-2, but it applies to both games.
I heard the game gets good around... 70 hours in, which is crazy.
There is a slightly masochistic side of me that wants to play it, only for how bad it could get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122
13 is either a game that you love or you hate, apparently.
The main flaws I heard involve the extremely linear exploration and characters. The game has infamously been called Final Hallway XIII for how linear the areas are; you go down a straight line with maybe a little outcome along the way. This isn't even an oversight, it was an intentional design choice so that you could get invested in the characters. The characters, from what I heard, aren't very likable to begin with and don't have an interesting dynamic with them.
Combat is something you will enjoy or hate, but it's... exploitable for a lack of a better word.

This is actually 13-2, but it applies to both games.
I heard the game gets good around... 70 hours in, which is crazy.
There is a slightly masochistic side of me that wants to play it, only for how bad it could get.
Darn, didn't think it would be that exploitable. I also heard from a couple of people from around here where I live is that they tried too hard to make Lightning the next Cloud, don't know why they would say that.

D

Deleted member

If Dissidia has taught me anything recently is that Cloud hates mirror matches.
Cloud Not You Again.png

I think Cloud is referring to when he gets the "sudden" shocks from a younger Cloud, AKA the real Cloud that's inside him, in FF7. This is seen when Cloud hands over the Black Materia to Sephiroth; a younger Cloud is trying to tell him not to... that's the real Cloud.

Top Bottom