• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7734 Vids :: DK vs. Alot of people now up! Melee 2

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yes I know I haven't been on the past couple of days, sorry about that. I've been dealing with all of that fun real life stuff thats mentioned on the forums from time to time.

It ain't as fun as Brawl.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
What's all this about life? Is that another video game out? Is it good, like, worth buying or should I pirate it?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
*jumps into the conversations and starts shooting everyone*

I'VE GOT AIM NOW HAPPY!??!?? HUH!? I'M CORRUPTED I HAVE AN IM YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED!!!

screen name Kalm x13

*walks off*

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I think I played you guys >_>.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I think I played you guys >_>.
Yeah. At first, I played your Snake and stuff. I wasn't amazed at all. Just average.

Then that angelic grace touched the face of the earth known as Hylian's game and watch.

Dude, your GW is amazing. But anyways, whaddid you think of 7734's DK?

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Yeah I've seen some of Hylian's GW vids, some very impressive stuff. I tried to show them to my loser friend in hopes he would learn at least something from the videos but he just doesn't get it.

Anyways, while you're attention is on this thread Hylian I wanted to ask a question to a pro. Do you think Toon Link is a viable counter to GW? It seemed to me with non Oil Panicable projectiles, 2 ways to counter the Key(Uair and long range grab) and other things like weight vs power vs recovery that Toon Link would be one of the best choices to use against GW. But can be completely wrong of course

What do you think?

whut?

Smash Journeyman
What do you think?
haha, DK boards with TL discussion, sounds like my kindve forum.
not that my opinion is worth its weight in Shit..but i believe TL has an advantage against G&W.
now onto serious discussion, who the **** counters fox?
kirby or G&W...

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
now its fox discussion... yeah.

i got an idea, i'll just give counterpicks to the characters that give dk problems

1. Dedede - pick fox or falco, maybe metaknight

2. IC's - marth or metaknight have worked best, not sure though

3. fox - i don't think he's very bad against anyone, need help here

4. wario - dedede hands down

5. kirby - refer to fox, though my kirby friend said zelda gives him problems, but it might just be because that guys a scrub

6. falco - fox

anyone else, its an even match and if you're losing you're just not as good as the other guy

on topic, 7734, where were you at the tournament? i wanted dittos

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah I've seen some of Hylian's GW vids, some very impressive stuff. I tried to show them to my loser friend in hopes he would learn at least something from the videos but he just doesn't get it.

Anyways, while you're attention is on this thread Hylian I wanted to ask a question to a pro. Do you think Toon Link is a viable counter to GW? It seemed to me with non Oil Panicable projectiles, 2 ways to counter the Key(Uair and long range grab) and other things like weight vs power vs recovery that Toon Link would be one of the best choices to use against GW. But can be completely wrong of course

What do you think?
IMO TL is GW's second hardest match-up, with the first being DK.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
now its fox discussion... yeah.

i got an idea, i'll just give counterpicks to the characters that give dk problems

1. Dedede - pick fox or falco, maybe metaknight

2. IC's - marth or metaknight have worked best, not sure though

3. fox - i don't think he's very bad against anyone, need help here

4. wario - dedede hands down

5. kirby - refer to fox, though my kirby friend said zelda gives him problems, but it might just be because that guys a scrub

6. falco - fox
Funny you mention these counterpicks, I just picked up Fox as a secondary recently after losing to him in a tournament.

IC's I don't think give DK that hard a time. Chain grabs hurt him, but not as much as other characters because of his weight. Iceblock can't be tilted, but you can UpB through it. Running UpB approach works really well on ICs. If you start it close, it shield stabs Nana and separates them. Once you separate them just pick on Nana with Uair/Bair and Fair her off the stage since she can't airdodge. When Popo goes to save here you can gimp them both if you're careful. Also, CSS gets Nana (or Popo) out of the game early, make sure to choose a higher controller port to make use of Faux SA.

I played a Wario (Tink) in the tournament too, and I think it's a pretty even matchup. DK outranges Wario bad, but Wario can work around range if he's careful. Why exactly do you tink Wario gives DK trouble?

Kirby I have no idea why he would give DK trouble, but then again I've never played vs. a good Kirby.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Wario has plenty of ways to approach DK, his DI and nasty air attacks can get around DK very easily, and thats something hes not used to. Hes also one of the few characters that can actually do a decent job gimping DK's recovery. And finally, DK's weight and frame give Wario advanced combo options with throws and Bite. Overall Wario has the advantage, but it really still isn't big enough to make him always win agains an equal DK. It really just forced the DK to play more a bit differently.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
yeah, kirby combos you into the 50s with a grab, and unlike other combo characters, he can kill (dair to fsmash goes around shields most of the time)

wario comes in at an angle you can't hit, and dk's a big target for the 1:00 fart. wario does good against all big characters except dedede (dk, bowser, snake, ganon, ike, and c. falcon) dedede and metaknight are his only two real bad matches, and dedede is by far the worst for wario. i think its a really bad matchup, but i might have a scewed opinion because the only warios i play are futile and plan 9

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I'm terrible with DK or anything DK related. But Wario is simply out ranged by DK. Trust me, I've seen it, ALOT. (Actually, I think I watched you do it at the tourney Big Foot XD)

Hylian, sorry we haven't been playing. Me and Birds are going ****ING CRAZY! We wanted to play you again so bad it's not funny. You should show up to the doubles tourney this monday, it is in Garland ^.^

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
I find that runaway Bairs are very hard for Wario to deal with. He can't really approach with SH aerials without getting outranged, and his ground movement is too slow to get under DK. In fact, DK can usually just walk/dash away from Wario's aerials and punish or pressure him after landing.

Bite can be tough to deal with, as it beats out a lot of DK's attacks, but IMO DK shouldn't be on the offensive as much in this fight, as Wario can usually beat him there and DK's defense is much better vs. Wario. He combos DK fairly well too.

How does Wario gimp DK recovery?

Also, fun tidbit, if Wario for some reason leaves his bike on the stage, you can cargo it and jump up and Dthrow to bounce it in front of you. Sometimes you can catch him on the bounce into a punch.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Wario is an easy match, just ask 7734.

Nice to see you are still alive A$$hole... I think I'm going to Orlando thursday sir. Hope Florida is treating you well ^.^

You have been missing it, I've been PWNING all the best players in person. I actually beat Infinity, and Hylian. The only trouble I have right now hardcore is Ice Climbers, I went to Melee 1's place and he taught me A HUGE AMOUNT on the matchup. I'm pretty confident now. You'll definetly see some improvements ^^ Oh, check out my Peach thread "In a Tigger Suit", I got pics up XD

Linguini

Smash Master
Your going to Orlando this weekend?
There's going to be a huge tournament on this saturday the 21st at a place called gigabits, 100+ ppl, ill be there and itd be cool to play.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I think the only match I won against 7734 was his Wario against my DK. :psycho:
Probably. Wario isn't a hard matchup for most characters, my Peach pwns wario's, 666's TL owns warios, and DK to.

Wario is just lacking in a good projectile, and unlike marth, wasn't given a good range to take advantage of. He's definetly harder to win with. imo

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Well Wario is mid tier for a reason. I personally think he is still a great character over all, and that he will end up being in the high mid tier after his metagame and techniques are fully discovered.

I've missed you guys, by the way. I have replays of the last time we fight on the net now, with sound. You can check them out easily by looking at my video thread linked in my sig. There should be 2 with DM1 and 1 with 7734. I really look forward to more battles, you guys need to stop by some time lol.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Well Wario is mid tier for a reason. I personally think he is still a great character over all, and that he will end up being in the high mid tier after his metagame and techniques are fully discovered.

I've missed you guys, by the way. I have replays of the last time we fight on the net now, with sound. You can check them out easily by looking at my video thread linked in my sig. There should be 2 with DM1 and 1 with 7734. I really look forward to more battles, you guys need to stop by some time lol.
Wario Mid Tier? Are you sure about that... Check out Futile Wario, and you will see why he is definitely High tier.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Check out 4/5 of all the incredible Brawl players and see why all their characters are definitely high tier.

Sorry, but one man being a prodigy with one character doesn't convince me that one character is awesome, just the player.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Check out 4/5 of all the incredible Brawl players and see why all their characters are definitely high tier.

Sorry, but one man being a prodigy with one character doesn't convince me that one character is awesome, just the player.
Sorry, but this game hasn't been out long enough to make tier generalizations...so please don't.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Sorry, but this game hasn't been out long enough to make tier generalizations...so please don't.
If only you weren't wrong. Try to tell me Snake doesn't belong in top tier. Try.

the Big Foot stopped coming here. Guess he quit after my amazing peach blinded him. *Oh, and BigFoot, I beat Melee1 in a 3/5, didn't lose one game XD*

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I can't even figure out what you mean by "tier generalizations." Are you talking about characters or players or what?
I can't even tell if you're directing your post at me or using my post as an example. Re phrase or define please.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
He's saying that Tiers don't exist. But Hylian is stoopid, he just pretends he's pro and stuff.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Tiers do exist, and they change. And I will quote and discuss every up to date tier list I see.
I remember when Link was really high tier in melee for the longest time, and finally everyone found out a bunch of counter methods for him and ruined him.
Well, Wario is ******** one way or the other, he's high on the tier list for *******.

Nah Wario is cool lol, Olimar is more the ******.

K I'm done.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
That match with Antichrist's Ike was so ugly, I loled so hard.

Wario is high tier because he is effective against most of the other top tiers and ***** pretty hard against low tiers.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
He's saying that Tiers don't exist. But Hylian is stoopid, he just pretends he's pro and stuff.
What? I never said anything about tiers not existing. I'm in the back room, they are the people who MAKE the tier list if you didn't know. We have not made a tier list for brawl yet.

And as of right now, Snake and Metaknight are dominating tournaments. But the meta-game evolves as players find new things and improve, so things will change often.

Look at how high Zelda was on the first few melee tier lists. She got moved from HIGH TIER to BOTTOM TIER. Things WILL change.

So saying something like: "Wario is at this place on the tier list so he should beat these characters" is really ignorant. We have not made a tier list yet.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
What? I never said anything about tiers not existing. I'm in the back room, they are the people who MAKE the tier list if you didn't know. We have not made a tier list for brawl yet.

And as of right now, Snake and Metaknight are dominating tournaments. But the meta-game evolves as players find new things and improve, so things will change often.

Look at how high Zelda was on the first few melee tier lists. She got moved from HIGH TIER to BOTTOM TIER. Things WILL change.

So saying something like: "Wario is at this place on the tier list so he should beat these characters" is really ignorant. We have not made a tier list yet.

Nobody really said "Wario is at this place on the tier list so he should beat these characters". DM1 said Wario seemed to be a bad matchup for 3 of the characters him and his friends play based on their experiences. I stated that Wario was listed as mid tier at the moment because he seemed to have a good bit of bad matchups. There are tier lists right now, because their are a lot of tournaments right now. Right now the tournament results say that Wario is around mid tier because he has a lot of bad matchups. Futile is really good, he wins with Wario. I don't think this means Wario is good, since Futile could probably win with a lot of characters because he's furthur than a lot of people in skill development in general.

So, what are we arguing about? Has the misunderstanding been discovered yet?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I don't know.

And how the hell do you get into the backroom? I've always wanted access to it, just to browse ^.^

Maybe Hylian wants to give DM his username and password? lawls .... I mean, I do call you god, so it's alright to pray for my dreams.

And tiers exist among individual players, outside of the backroom we skeptisize. It's not ignorant to discuss what WE believe tiers belong to, weather or not we have access to a super secret backroom or not. Hence Forums. When we decide that Wario is mid tier, it doesn't matter to you. And even if you think it is ignorant, making a post telling us that we are wrong because we aren't basing off of an official tier list collects you into the group of ignorance, sorry Hylian.

I do understand your reasoning on the tier list, as it has only been 3 months, the same reason I don't believe power rankings should exist. But common talk of where we think a character belongs on the list as of right now should belong to our own opinions and debates, and should not be labled as "ignorant".

Chexr

Smash Ace
Havent you guys heard of Darkrain LOL he plays DK this time around.

edit: I did not read any of this topic just fyi

Smash Journeyman
Hey KALM. do you by chance live near I-10 in AL? If so, I will be passing through tomorrow on my way back to D-Town.

DM1/666- Good job at the last tourney! Wish I could've been there!

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I-10 is about 10 miles south of Dothan. And I live in Ozark, which is about 15 or so miles north of Dothan.

So yeah thats fairly close.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah... I just googled it. You're actually northwest. I'm heading east. I'm coming from destin, FL going to Dallas. But we got our wii back, so if you wanna play tomorrow night or Monday we can.

Top Bottom