• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7/12 Grand Rapids MI "Smasher's Choice Awards" RESULTS ARE IN!!

Epok

Smash Ace
Recently, me and my friends have been discussing smash in a rather serious matter and what the future of tournamnets is going to be. We have come to the conclusion that we think that Brawl is going to die out pretty soon. And bottom line we feel that Melee overall is a better game.
BUT WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?? MELEE OR BRAWL??
I will be tallying up votes at Triple Threat as well as on here. Be heard and tell me what you guys want. The tally will be updated weekly.
Saturday, July 5th is the DEADLINE!!

The official info

When: Saturday July 12
Time : 12 noon
Where: GrandLan Gaming Center: 56 N. Division Grand Rapids MI

Singles: 10

Teams:16

Crews for fun (if time permits)

Epok

Smash Ace
The Results are in and the final tally is.

MELEE VOTES: 13

BRAWL VOTES:7

MELEE will have singles(with pools) and Teams(maybe pools depending on time), But because I just love smash in general, I am doin BRAWL singles with pools!

Rat

Smash Lord
I think you've been listening to eric too much. But I doubt brawl will die out with-in the next year. I'm expecting like 2-3 years.

But anyways I will cast my vote with melee.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
i wont be there but i still want to vot emelee does that count? just seeing barwl results will be unfun so please count my vote
thansk

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
quaz you are a huge noob if you do that, dude ill house you and we'lll play melee all night before.
my doc your peach, are you really gonna pass that **** up :lick:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
lol @ brawl dying out... Brawl's already starting off with more numbers than Melee did o_O

I guess I can vote for Brawl, but I have no idea if this tournament would be worth going to in the first place because I don't know the ruleset :(

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
lol @ brawl dying out... Brawl's already starting off with more numbers than Melee did o_O

I guess I can vote for Brawl, but I have no idea if this tournament would be worth going to in the first place because I don't know the ruleset :(
^--- This.

Also, Brawl.

Oh yeah, and ROFL. You think Brawl will die out? Ok. Keep thinking that.

Kail

Smash Lord
Neither game will die out, 'nuff said.
Moving on, I'll be there regardless because I like the competitive scene.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
I think you've been listening to eric too much. But I doubt brawl will die out with-in the next year. I'm expecting like 2-3 years.

But anyways I will cast my vote with melee.
i don't think it will completely die out. there are a lot of people who just don't like melee and prefer brawl. i just don't personally know many people who prefer it. i picture it eventually being more how super turbo/sf:3s are. i also cast a second vote for melee. or even better, i cast my vote to have another non smash fighting game there (GG, super turbo, or something like that) as well as a side tourney.

also, are you coming up to grand rapids this weekend for the tournament rat?

expect whether it's melee, brawl, or both for it to have what is considered the standard ruleset for whatever game is chosen. epok is also fine with hearing input on rules so if there is a stage you think should be banned or unbanned and have good reasons there is a good chance he will hear you out.

Epok

Smash Ace
i don't think it will completely die out. there are a lot of people who just don't like melee and prefer brawl. i just don't personally know many people who prefer it. i picture it eventually being more how super turbo/sf:3s are. i also cast a second vote for melee. or even better, i cast my vote to have another non smash fighting game there (GG, super turbo, or something like that) as well as a side tourney.

Maybe dying out was a little strong, but personally i think that melee will get it's popularity back. it probaly will end up like the different version of street fighter. but it seems from what a lot of higher-ups in the smash community are saying is that brawl is more broken than melee. so some pros are eithe sticking to melee or quitting all together. I just dont see Brawl retianing its luster unless something insanely groundbreaking happens. just my opinoin.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd be happy if Melee stayed alive... but you guys gotta realize that Street Fighter is a rarity, and it's kept alive by communities that get excited about 20 person turnouts.

Kail

Smash Lord
brawl people comon
You have to understand, a lot of us played melee since day one. Not necessarily in the competitive scene, but still that's seven years on this one game. Why would we just give up something that we put so much time into for a new game?

Anther

Smash Champion
That's the gaming world >.<.

Plus, brawl's good, but I'll still play melee. Yall need to stop johning and get better the new game seriously though x.x.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
I'd be happy if Melee stayed alive... but you guys gotta realize that Street Fighter is a rarity, and it's kept alive by communities that get excited about 20 person turnouts.
that's more people than what i get to play with on a regular basis.. maybe i should join the SF community. i'm excited when i get to play like 10 people if i don't play them very often.

seriously though, today i played more brawl and i've come to the conclusion that with proper time management it's possible to have both. so maybe the votes will be even and people will get to have their cake and eat it too.

alcoady

Smash Ace
you should set up a smashfest man, as of thursday this week i'm done with spring classes!! :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

HALLA.

btw chris we godda do more falcon dittos, that tourney in chicago i got my *** kicked my 2 other falcon players :urg:

Top Bottom