• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
hey I moved to cal poly so im not in the 626 no mo

Hugo/kevin/whoever come over

Spazzums

Smash Apprentice
kevin we must go to more tourneys this summer. i think once you get more experience playing non-noobs you will be able to get really good! :D

iankobe

Smash Lord
Who's down to have a 626 smash fest this Saturday?

Gary and I are probably gonna play at his house at night. Tell me if ANY of you can make it!!

He lives in Alhambra, by the way.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Aww. Okay. If anyone is still down to come, please post on this!

We probably need more setups...if anyone else is coming that is.

Renzio90

Smash Rookie
NNID
renzio88
I've been meaning to find people to play Melee. Are there any smash fests besides the one in Alhambra, maybe closer to El Monte? I want to play Melee with the 626 smashers. Hopefully there are some near El Monte that are available to play.

Renzio90

Smash Rookie
NNID
renzio88
To answer your question Spazzums, I live at the edge of El Monte. Close to Mountain View High School.

iankobe

Smash Lord
Ren: You don't drive? Alhambra isn't that far from El Monte!

I think we might play again this weekend. People gotta stop flaking! ><

Hyugoh

Smash Rookie
Instead of wasting your Saturday, hoping for people to come to you at your house just to get in some friendlies, how about you 626 peeps go to the tourney in Irvine instead?

Come on 626, step it up!

Hyugoh

Smash Rookie
I'll be going to the Melee tourney at UC Irvine this weekend, Anyone wanna smash sometime this week before Saturday?

(Also, my old account was "HUGQ")

Cortez

Smash Apprentice
Hey *****es! I'm sure no one gives a ****, but I'd still like to publicly announce that this is my permanent account. I'm retiring "HUGQ" and "Hyugoh" to avoid any confusion with the great HugS. Also, Cortez is a sick name.

That is all.

iankobe

Smash Lord
HUGQ! LOL stop switching names! It's so freakin confusing.

Anyway. I'm not sure if we can make it to the tournament, but we're going to have a 626 smashfest again this Sat. Who's place is opened?

Cortez

Smash Apprentice
LoL, I hate to drop the N word, but smashfests on Saturdays are for noobs, man. Why go to a smashfest when there is a tournament?

But that's cool. I'm sure you have a john about not having a ride, or having over-protective parents, which is perfectly understandable. I think.

iankobe

Smash Lord
@Hugq: Nah. I have a ride even if I want to go...but we're not into tournaments anymore and besides, we're too rusty for tourneys anyway.

@Kevin: You free this sat night? Anyone too? Gary and Keller are playing with me.

GreatFox64

Smash Journeyman
LoL, I hate to drop the N word, but smashfests on Saturdays are for noobs, man. Why go to a smashfest when there is a tournament?

But that's cool. I'm sure you have a john about not having a ride, or having over-protective parents, which is perfectly understandable. I think.
lol. it's generally believed that tournaments > smashfests, but you'll find that smashfests actually make you better seeing as you get in way more matches.

speaking of smashfests, im hosting one today (friday), so if any of you 626 smashers wanna drive 30-45 minutes to the 818 to play some smash, DEWIT.

THIS INCLUDES YOU, GEOX. if you can sleep over, we can hit up FUSION the next day.

Cortez

Smash Apprentice
@Cortez: Nah. I have a ride even if I want to go...but <b>we're not into tournaments anymore</b> and besides, <b>we're too rusty for tourneys anyway</b>.
Wow. Lol. Okay, first, how can you not be into tournaments anymore? (I don't really want you to answer that). You might as well say you're not into Smash anymore. And you can never be too rusty to attend tournaments. <i>The point of going to tournaments</i> is to unrust yourself and get better. You should't expect to perform great, unless you're experienced, but even experienced players don't have this limiting mindset. You gotta set your pride aside.

And Greatfox, I do agree that a lot of improvement happens at smashfests and you get in a lot of matches to refine your technique, but you can only reach the next level with the competitive factor that tournaments bring. You play new people (not to mention ridiculously good people) and you become motivated to play better than you're used to.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
lol hugo

some people just like to play with their friends
maybe they just lost the drive to be competitive
it's like me and running
i used to be competitive, but i got sick of it eventually and now i just run for fun

iankobe

Smash Lord
Wow. Lol. Okay, first, how can you not be into tournaments anymore? (I don't really want you to answer that). You might as well say you're not into Smash anymore. And you can never be too rusty to attend tournaments. <i>The point of going to tournaments</i> is to unrust yourself and get better. You should't expect to perform great, unless you're experienced, but even experienced players don't have this limiting mindset. You gotta set your pride aside.

And Greatfox, I do agree that a lot of improvement happens at smashfests and you get in a lot of matches to refine your technique, but you can only reach the next level with the competitive factor that tournaments bring. You play new people (not to mention ridiculously good people) and you become motivated to play better than you're used to.
Woah Woah! haha. Don't get me wrong. I respect tournaments with all my heart and I was once into the scene. But I can be competitive when it comes to smashfest too. I know not everyone takes it seriously but I can get better by just smashing in smashfests too. And you're right. I'm NOT that into smash that anymore. But I still love playing it. I still love every second I play with all ya'll. I enjoy all the moments we share in melee. Don't get me wrong dude.

But I understand what you're saying but some of us, or just me, just aren't THAT into tourneys anymore. Maybe someday...later.

So anyone still down to smash tmrw in Alhambra?

Cortez

Smash Apprentice
Can someone hold a Smashfest either Tuesday or Wednesday this week? Haha.

I wanna practice what I learned from the tourney with the six two six.

Cortez

Smash Apprentice
Because weekends are for tournaments, work, studying, mayybe partying, and other events haha.

Weekdays are the best days for smashfests.

But I actually can't smash this week anymore, I realized I have more to study than I had thought.

Top Bottom