• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

baka4moé

Smash Champion
yea vincent teams is always fun

chris and martin are coming, so we for sure have 4 people

hey david, ive work till 830, so ppl will come around 845. its really up to you, at this point though i will have 2 setups. i know jon/lillian/dan may play for a little bit, but they prob wont stay long idk, so its up to you if u want to join us given the number of ppl/tvs. ill probably end around 2-3ish or so cuz my roommate wants to sleep by then. give me a text if u wanna come

baka4moé

Smash Champion
uh i hope everyone can fit...it sucks that i dont have my apartment anymore

at the very least, i may b able to make a third setup, but itll be up in my loft, sooo yeah...

hopefully some ppl are willing to play teams only >_<

baka4moé

Smash Champion
nah boris, tonite. so far for sunday i have jesson/emily/budda lova/ maybe caltech students, but they're all maybes atm..also crimson, but he hasnt said anything yet

lol caltech has no skills

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
hey if there is gonna be too many people I will sit out and possibly go sunday. Im getting sick so I shouldnt be in an inclosed space with a bunch of people anyways.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
lets see, right now its me, chris, martin, vincent, gus, crimson, probably dan/jon at least for a little while. yeah thats like 8 ppl...

damn it im sorry about this david, but alot of ppl kinda wanted to come all at once, and my room is so small. i havent played u in a while and id really like to. ill definitely text u again for next weekend though, and you are definitely welcome to come this sunday. hopefully we can have another mini fest sunday afternoon if all the maybes actually come.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Thanks for everyone that came over, it was really fun! Especially gus and vincent, hadnt seen yall in a while!

Ya boris, no saturday, it doesnt seem like anyone wants to come that day anyway haha..

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hahaha those pro tips are so good u guys dont even know

i might actually try switching in the next couple events though just for the hell of it

jesson/emily/budda let me know about tomorrow please! :)

A3(PO4 3-)

Smash Apprentice
Had so much fun today. I need more peach and spacies practice... Thanks again baka, kirby realized some things too. Any "pro tips" or specific things you'd recommend for us?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
ya i had a good time too. lol my "pro tips" were kinda not really pro, it was just what we called any "advice" i tried to give commonyoshi, and some were kinda silly. u seem to do pretty well at adapting already, which is really nice. um problem is im not a fox main and so what i do know seems to be below what you already know.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
idk i guess boris u could try to incorporate more things, like shine grab or shine oos, idk....

as for kirby i think the biggest thing I told him was to work on execution, like he was sding and dropping combos pretty often. and i guess work on approaching? I was able to shield grab him often and he seemed to have trouble dealing with dash dancing. hope thats helpful

A3(PO4 3-)

Smash Apprentice
Yeah kirby definitely has a lot of inconsistency in his play... as for shine grabs and shine oos, I can't do either consistently yet, but I'm working on it whenever I play people who I can beat. Against you though, I just stick to things I can probably do and work on spacing and "tourney mode". I wish I could double laser.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
^ oh yeah double laser lol. idk i found it like l canceling, the more u consciously try to do it eventually youll just get it.

Im from La Puente, just wondering if anyone from here plays
hi, well i know theres manatee in covina, and sometimes i host small fests during weekends. hugq is in el monte but hasnt been playing much recently. hope to see u around! do u have a car?

GeoX

Smash Cadet
^ oh yeah double laser lol. idk i found it like l canceling, the more u consciously try to do it eventually youll just get it.

hi, well i know theres manatee in covina, and sometimes i host small fests during weekends. hugq is in el monte but hasnt been playing much recently. hope to see u around! do u have a car?
Yeah I have a car..for the most part. How often do you do smashfests on the weekends? Weekly?

baka4moé

Smash Champion
I try to, normally friday nights, sometimes on sat/sun if im not busy and theres no tourney

excellent, hopefully u can come over sometime!

baka4moé

Smash Champion
i know this is in the spur of the moment but if anyone would like to play plz give me text, i ended up with some free time and would like to play if possible

baka4moé

Smash Champion
alfredo can u play on weekends?

boris give me a message/call i can probably play tomorrow for a little bit if ur down, like 12-3 or 1-4 or something if ur cool with that.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
actually boris lol thats fine, something lame came up and i am busy tomorrow. sorry too chris!

i might be able to play monday afternoon, it depends, since this is around the time that alot of summer application deadlines are...

if i play ill try to get maybe budda lova and or hairy nipples, theyre both pretty good.

Top Bottom