• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

626 / Pasadena Area Smash: Unleashing Your Inner Robert

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Hey sung are you hosting a fest tomorrow? The weekly ones you were talking bout? If so, how late do you guys go to cause I get off work at 6 and I wanna see if its worth it.

I wanna play :)

SUNG475

Smash Ace
We play at 3:30 usually it would last longer but I gotta drive everyone to norcal at like 10 PM so that's probably where it's gunna end

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey dennis. i'll let u know if i host anything again, probably friday or saturdays.

hi alfredo. pretty good, except i haven't been able to go to tournaments as much..

baka4moé

Smash Champion
haha honestly that's fine, as long as i deserve to be taken off, what happens happens. i realized thinking this way takes a lot of pressure off, i have more fun when i play, and lets me think more on just improving instead. school's just taking up way more time than before, and i don't need more things to think about if i can help it.

pmak187

Smash Cadet
Hey 626,

I moved to Pasadena about a month ago. Haven't played in tourneys in over a year, but have been playing melee for nearly 10 years and can never stop playing !

I got two setups at my place so I would love to host a smash/boozing (for ppl who want to drink) night sometime, for anyone who is down. I can also bring a setup somewhere else.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Hey 626,

I moved to Pasadena about a month ago. Haven't played in tourneys in over a year, but have been playing melee for nearly 10 years and can never stop playing !

I got two setups at my place so I would love to host a smash/boozing (for ppl who want to drink) night sometime, for anyone who is down. I can also bring a setup somewhere else.
Welcome! 626 has a decent amount of active/semi-active players. I pm'd you some info. Hope to play u soon! :)

Also yeah if you're looking to get back into the tournament scene socal's pretty good for that, and there's gonna be a tourney each weekend for the next 3 weeks. How long do you plan to be in pasadena?

!Peligro!

Smash Journeyman
Don't you have room in your car Sung? You said you're bringing Dendy, HugQ, and Wes, that's only 4 people.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Yea but I don't wanna drive more than I have to, I'm hoping pamk187 will drive him

Baka is out of the way

baka4moé

Smash Champion
Isn't el monte even farther away from you than pasadena? And burbank out of the way to long beach? I texted you too and you never responded. I'm like 12-15 minutes from you right? I mean i can pay for gas money and stuff, like for all tournies..

I might just go with shadowmesiah this weekend tho, although im reluctant to accept his generosity cuz he's so far lol..

pmak187

Smash Cadet
thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I just graduated from Berkeley and moved to socal for a job. Ill be living in Pasadena for as long as I have a job in SoCal.

I am down to drive people to tourneys, but I sometimes work on weekends - Ill let u guys know soon if Im free. This weekend might be perfect actually.

If I do go, I would definitely like to get a session in before the tourney and I'm free most week nights.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
^There ya go Baka, bless you pmak187

We're all sleeping at HugQ's place friday night and it's going to be really cramped already
Yea it was like 15 min before, but now it takes a little longer since you moved like 17-18 min
But if you want math

dendy - 5 Min
wes - 14 min
baka - 25 min
hugq - 21 min
tourney - 30 min

95 min
190 min total

dendy - 5 min
wes - 14 min
hugq - 30
tourney - 30

79 min
158 min total

Saving like 30 min not including traffic in anything, HugQ is further but he's right on the way to Long Beach, as for Wes he's not that on the way either but w/e

baka4moé

Smash Champion
thanks pmak, i guess i'll text u or something.

sung whatever man 30 minutes extra total is kinda expected, although for sure, i didnt realize wes was staying at hugqs as well, so fair enough. i dont think id be able to stay at hugos (or anyone's) house ever on a friday night, friday nights suck this year :(

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Just wanna mention to Pasadena smash that I work hella close to ya'll. I live in Santa Monica but work like 10-15 mins from Pasadena. So if you guys ever want to play on weekdays starting at 6:30-7 (when I get off work), I'm down. Some of you already know (I was at Baka's yesterday and will be at pmaks tonight), but for the uninitiated: The Crimson Blur wants to play smash.

I don't know many people in LA right now since I just moved here so I'm just about always free after work... :bee:

pmak187

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

Im having some people over today (CrimsonBlur is in so far) so PM me for my cell number/address. Baka, I can pick u up if u want.

pmak187

Smash Cadet
Sounds good, Ill see you on friday then. Btw, you can add me to the roster, I main falco.

pmak187

Smash Cadet
No problem, DrAwesome. No smashing for me tonight, since I have too much work that needs to be caught up on. If I play tomorrow, Ill be posting here. See u guys on Saturday at least.

Top Bottom