• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6 most important charaters for SSE?

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Its very obvious that R.O.B. and DDD are the top 2 in the story.

I do have a good question though.

Who do ya'all think was the LEAST popular???

Redragon

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Aside from the three secret characters...

Luigi managed to fail hardcore at being important in any way.
And Olimar did pretty much nothing too.

Just another example of how useless Olimar is to Brawl.

D00D64

Smash Cadet
uigi managed to fail hardcore at being important in any way.
And Olimar did pretty much nothing too.

Just another example of how useless Olimar is to Brawl.
Luigi: Yeah, because he CLEARLY wasn't one of the few people saving everyone else.

Olimar: HE TEAMED UP WITH CAPTING FREAKING FALCON. Isn't that enough?

Ice Climbers definetly got the short end of the stick. JUST ONE LEVEL outside the subspace areas.

Faulkie

Smash Rookie
Most important:

Dedede - Saved everyone ever. He didn't realise at the time but... y'know. Without the pins, there would be no hope of defeating Tabuu.
Kirby - Likewise, his Dragoon skillz saved everyone ever. He also was ressurected by the Dedede pins.
Tabuu - Main villain. :p
Ancient Minister - Supplied the majority of Tabuu's army, and was the first to turn on him.
Sonic - Needed to defeat Tabuu. A bit late though! Also... I just thought of something. Doesn't his appearance render the work of King Dedede, Ness and Luigi kind of pointless? If he could be bothered, couldn't he have rescued everyone else? Hmmm...
I'll give Meta-Knight the 6th spot - Because of the Halberd, and his widespread involvement in the story.

Sakurai <3 Kirby.

I personally don't think that the other villains such as Wario, Bowser, Master Hand, etc are that important. I mean Tabuu could probably have found more chumps. He managed to get Porky, Ridley, Rayquaza... basically, I feel that Tabuu could easily find more villains to replace them. Captain K Rool anyone?

Least important:

Ice Climbers - One level. Thank God.
Olimar - Got loads of his Pikmin killed by a R.O.B., then got the rest killed by Captain Falcon. Then tagged along for a bit. Not too important in the plot...
Yoshi - Just so happens to be sleeping in the Lost Woods, escaping becoming some kind of dinosaur skeleton for some unexplained reason (EVERYONE IS STALFOS!), then just sort of follows Link. Worst of all, I always get shafted with him. Curse you Yoshi.
Mario - Maybe an odd choice but what does he ACTUALLY do in the story? Get hit by a cannonball... and that's about it really. :/
Pikachu - Samus saves him out of sympathy really.
Lucas - Lol.

Then obviously the characters which don't appear in the SSE at all. :p

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I'd vote for Game & Watch and R.O.B. since without them, the Smash world just wouldn't have the issues that they did lol.

As far as Kaptain O being unimportant... without him, Kaptain F wouldn't have the scene where he wipes out a small colony of Pikmin, the whole time maintaining a majestic pose.... I'm sorry I just love that scene.

S

sn1per13

Wow.

I think D3 is important for putting his bring-back-to-life badges.
Kirby, Luigi, and Ness for reviving everyone else.
Kirby (again) for destroying the Subspace Gun with Dragoon.
Sonic for destroying one of Taboo's wings.
R.O.B. for not being evil.
Captain Falcon for saving everyone in the Subspace Bomb factory.
Game & Watch for joining them.
Meta-Knight for having the Halberd.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Most important (playable) characters:
1. Sonic: broke Tabuu's wings and singlehandedly saved everyone.
2. R.O.B.: was the Ancient Minister but then defected, no longer wanting to see his people (bots) sacrificed.
3. King Dedede: his badges saved the day.
4. Kirby: was a star in many places in the plot, most notably in the scene when he destroyed the gunner ship.
5. Ganondorf: was second-in-command of the Subspace Army and sacrificed himself to free Master Hand (a heroic act from Ganon??)
6. Meta Knight: his Halberd was one of the bases of operation for the Subspace Army.

Least important (playable) characters (besides Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf):
1. Luigi: owned in the first scene and nothing but a tag-along thereafter.
2. Ice Climbers: climbed a mountain, wetted themselves when Meta and Lucario fought, then fell down the mountain afterward. Fail.
3. Olimar: lost most of his Pikmin and didn't do much else afterward.
4. Peach: captured in the beginning along with Zelda, but unlike Zelda didn't take initiative in the Halberd but only followed along (and made tea).
5. Captain Falcon: sorry fanboys, but what exactly did he do?
6. Falco: ever a Fox clone, even in the plot of SSE.

Gameplay-wise, my roster generally consisted of Kirby, Fox, Donkey Kong (or Bowser for bosses), Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, and Mario. Looking back, I can probably make better use of Pokemon Trainer (especially Charizard).

Austin55

Smash Journeyman
Snake could have killed Tabuu on his own if he had STINGER missiles. Captain Falcon could have eliminated the need for R.O.B. and the subspace bombs if he used a full power falcon punch.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Snake could have killed Tabuu on his own if he had STINGER missiles. Captain Falcon could have eliminated the need for R.O.B. and the subspace bombs if he used a full power falcon punch.
For that matter, Link could've likewise defeated Tabuu on his own if he had the Fierce Deity's Mask. Oooh, come to think of it, I'd very much like to see that match-up!

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Not in order

Dedede
R.O.B.
Meta Knight
Ganondorf
Sonic
Kirby
Game & Watch

Kind of "coincidential" that all three Kirby characters are there.

Least Important (Besides the obvious Toon Link, Wolf, and Jigglypuff)

Olimar - Captain Falcon's *****
Mario - Doesn't do much but futilly chase people and serve as a hindrance to the rest of the team
Link - See Mario
Bowser - He's only an inconvenience to everyone else
Ice Climbers - Do they even really do anything?

Super S bros brawl

Smash Cadet
king dedede because he brings kirby ness and luigi back to life with pins
meta knight because of his shup was stolen
rob because he was minister guy
wario /bowser/ganondorf because whats a game without bad guys

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Yah, I actually don't see Mario having a whole lot of a role in SSE except being the most playable character. F.L.U.D.D. has wierd effects on the SSE enemies if anyone's noticed.

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
1.) Ike
2.) Ike
3.) Ike
4.) Ike
5.) Ike
6.) Ike

Let's face it - he was the only character who actually stopped a subspace bomb from detonating. All the other characters failed long-time.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Here goes:

Dedede: Knew about Tabuu's plan all along, and used those badges to save the world.
Sonic: Ambushed Tabuu, weakening his deadliest attack.
R.O.B/Ancient Minister: Primary part of Tabuu's plan.
Mr. Game & Watch: Stuff taken from him used to create the Subspace Army.
Kirby: Extremely important in saving the Smashers.
Meta Knight: Halberd was stolen and used as the Army's main weapon.

Honorable mentions:

Diddy Kong
Snake
Ganondorf
Luigi
Ness
Bowser

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
King Dedede: His timed Dedede Badges were crucial in saving the Smashers.
Meta Knight: An inside job who knew about Tabuu's plans when even Ganondorf did not.
Sonic: One of the few fighters (the others being Meta Knight, Dedede, and R.O.B.) who knew about Tabuu's intentions, and his weakening of the Off-Wave was critical.
R.O.B.: Without R.O.B., Tabuu could not go through with his plans. His decision to join the Smash crew saved them all.
Ganondorf: Outside of Tabuu himself, Ganondorf was probably the most fitting of the role of 'antagonist.' He planned to usurp control of this world from the formerly benevolent Master Hand, and had more control over the Subspace Army than ANYONE outside of Tabuu.

Pika Flame

Smash Cadet
Zero Suit Samus , she saved Pikachu from the Research Facility, all the bad guys, Sonic destroyed Tabuu's wing, Rob, Meta Knight,, and Dedede, he stopped Luigi, Ness, and Kirby from being trophy's for long.

Lieutenant

Smash Rookie
ROB - Obvious
Dedede - Obvious, his 'Button-things'(what the hell where those anyways?) ran out of time and turned the characters back from trophy-state.
Meta Knight - Main-attack was from the Halberd, so he was one of the most important ones.
G&W - Since the Shadow Bugs could be infinitely harvested from the material from his body. So he's the cause of it.
Kirby - Obvious
and Sonic.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
mr game and watch. he is drivin the darn ship everywhere. hu els wants to do it

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Most important:
R.O.B.: Ancient Minister. 'Nuff said.
Kirby: Pretty much the main character of the SSE. He destroyed the Subspace Gunship, ate one of DeDeDe's badges thinking it was a biscuit and saved loads of people.
DeDeDe('s Badges): He saved everyone from Taboo and jacked Wario's Cargo machine. Win.
Ganondorf: Had the most control over the Subspace Army than any of the other 3 playable Army members. Also unintentionally saved Master Hand.
Sonic: Saved everyone from Taboo's wrath.

Runners Up:
Mr. GAW: He created the Subspace Army. Only thing that stopped him being in the league of the others was the fact that he isn't playable in any levels except for Great Maze and Entrance to Subspace.
Meta Knight: His ship had a huge part in the story, but the only thing he got was an injured wing from the Ancient Minister.

Least Important:
Ice Climbers: Playable in one part of a level outside Great Maze and Entrance to Subspace and seemed like a last minute add in to the scene.
Olimar: Got his Pikmin killed by a Giant R.O.B and the other Captain and didn't want to go on the adventure himself.
Snake: He hid in a Cardboard Box for 2 hours and then got found by Lucario . A really good track record for a supposed world famous mercenary.
Donkey Kong: Got turned into a trophy for the majority of the game and when he came back, he was only playable in 2 more levels (obviously not counting the two in which virtually everyone was playable in)
Wario: Not playable in a single level of the SSE (except Great Maze) and forgotten by everyone after getting beaten by Lucas and Trainer and getting sucked into Subspace.

Shök

Smash Champion
LOL that is the funniest.

especially the wario part.

Ange

Smash Lord
Everything has already been said and stated with obvious reasons, so I would say Marth. P:

He totally saved himself from being killed by Meta Knight, which was like... a massive plot twist.

/sarcasm

Edit: Wait a minute, this thread is like.. really old. o_o;

KnuxMaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
CFood0
1.Mario (without him no Nintendo)
2.Link
3.Donkey Kong
4.Kirby (He's AWESOME)
5.Fox
6.Samus