• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

59% Attendance - School No Longer Accepting My Parents' Sick Notes

D

Deleted member

So now, any sick days will be recorded as 'unauthorised absences', even with a sick note, unless it's signed by a doctor or I have proof of seeing one. It sucks that the school didn't contact me before this to tell me how bad it was, but lol, I was having weeks off at a time. :laugh:

I hate school. Half a day and Christmas cometh! Then two terms (six weeks) and I have 12 weeks or so off. Soooo boring.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I don't understand. You were skipping school, and now, you are upset that they busted you for it? Uhh, deal with it?

D

Deleted member

I've had 6 weeks of school this year and have missed 4 in total.

I don't skip school per se, I simply take a lot of sick days. School's a waste of time anyways, most days I do no work and so do my school mates. I wish they had contacted me in school instead of exacting revenge on my parents like this.

crewster

Smash Lord
Dude, just put up with school! No one likes it, but we aren't complaining that we have to go to it. Get over it!

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
I've had 6 weeks of school this year and have missed 4 in total.

I don't skip school per se, I simply take a lot of sick days. School's a waste of time anyways, most days I do no work and so do my school mates.
I know right? I mean, it's just your entire future.

I'm surprised that you haven't automatically failed the entire year yet.

D

Deleted member

As right as you guys are, I refuse to berieve it.

I'm close to failing a few classes. I likely haven't been thrown out because I'm in the Maths advanced class, and am also set to get A*s in English, as well as As and Bs in everything else.

Smash Master
Or at least VP on the Republican ticket :)

It's not your future. If you don't want to go to school, learn a trade. I hear England needs dentists :laugh:.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Whats the point of skipping school really? Just go. Its the law to attend school, not a law to participate ;)
iirc

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
You know it's kind of illegal to skip school. You're lucky the school hasn't done more...

It kind of reminds me of my gap year though. I took an extra A level in biology at my school, but found the lessons to be pointless so ended up with an attendance of around 30% :laugh:. Luckily my teachers were cool with it (except one, so I ended up not going to any of his lessons).

Smash Master
There was one kid in my AP chem class who was like 30 mins late every day and literally didn't do anything while in class. He ended up with a 3% in that class. His parents kicked him out of the house and now he makes a living playing poker.

Mith_

Smash Champion
There was one kid in my AP chem class who was like 30 mins late every day and literally didn't do anything while in class. He ended up with a 3% in that class. His parents kicked him out of the house and now he makes a living playing poker.
Sounds like the dream life.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
In my school district, you get kicked out if you miss 18 days.

Deal with it. Actually, you should be kicked out. I'm going to laugh when the 'waste of your time' could've gotten you into a good college and allowed you to have a decent job.

Enjoy working at McDonalds.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I heard they get free food for working at Mickey D's?

But no seriously, I hate school, but I do it anyway because I know it will pay off in the long-run.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I guess it wouldn't be enjoyable to be you at the moment. As dumb as school may be, you have to go to it to get somewhere in this world. I hate school too, but I don't skip it just because I don't like it. I realize you have to deal with it and at the moment it's like a job. Without the getting paid part. >___>

If you take sick days like this now, imagine how you would like getting fired in a business when you're older. It's a bad habit to develop, and not going to school doesn't get you anywhere...well it does, but not particularly good places.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I still have to attend a school building once a day per week and I'm homeschooled.

It doesn't get you out. :(

You'll have to go no matter how much you hate it.

superincredible

Smash Cadet
I still have to attend a school building once a day per week and I'm homeschooled.

It doesn't get you out. :(

You'll have to go no matter how much you hate it.
I didn't know that,oh well Smash Daddy you are gonna have to get used to school.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
LOL. School is not worthless. School is where you learn and where you socialize. If you already know what you're being taught, then finish that work quickly and take out a book and read or teach yourself something else, or the same subject just more advanced. Good grades help you succeed, bad grades don't help you succeed. Go to school.

Smash Master
School is worthless if you learn a trade. Seriously, there are many viable options for someone who doesn't go through high school. Auto mechanic is one, for example.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
School is worthless if you learn a trade. Seriously, there are many viable options for someone who doesn't go through high school. Auto mechanic is one, for example.
You define worthless as "there are many viable options without it?" Please, that's just childish. LOL Go to school and learn as much as you can, and I don't just mean book knowledge but also develop your social skills, make friends, have fun.

If you want to learn a trade like auto mechanics, thats fine with me, you might not have to get a high school diploma for that. But there are more important professions that require knowledge, so go to school.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
ya srsly. YOu need 90% in my school to pass, and i f you fail (get a 55) in even one class you take summer school.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Meh making friends and having fun is just a bonus (though I would rather be in much more places than school for fun, and friends are overrated for a nerd like me), but otherwise he is completely right.

If you want to have more options, than go to school, because without a proper education, you unecessarily limit yourself to just a few things.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
That's amazing. He's probably lollin'.

Smash Master
You define worthless as "there are many viable options without it?" Please, that's just childish. LOL Go to school and learn as much as you can, and I don't just mean book knowledge but also develop your social skills, make friends, have fun.

If you want to learn a trade like auto mechanics, thats fine with me, you might not have to get a high school diploma for that. But there are more important professions that require knowledge, so go to school.
I define worthless as having no benefit. I'm pretty sure most people define it that way. School has no benefit if you're studying up to fix cars or build furniture or whatever.

Not going to school is more fun than going to school.
School is not the place to develop social skills. You can't talk during class.
Your friendships will be more beneficial to you if they come from a group that shares our career interests. School contains no filter for finding these people.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
So now, any sick days will be recorded as 'unauthorised absences', even with a sick note, unless it's signed by a doctor or I have proof of seeing one. It sucks that the school didn't contact me before this to tell me how bad it was, but lol, I was having weeks off at a time. :laugh:

I hate school. Half a day and Christmas cometh! Then two terms (six weeks) and I have 12 weeks or so off. Soooo boring.
You could always just drop out of school and get a GED since you hate school so much like everyone else.

Or you could be thankful you still have school, and something to do when you wake up rather than being an ungrateful little *****.

Stay in school. Stop sending in sick notes, and do your homework. Take it from somebody who learned the hard way. School is the greatest thing a kid will ever have.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Some of you guys sound like you suck at School. The lowest grade I have is a C+.

No, people don't become millionaires by that gameshow. They go to 5(|-|007

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I missed months of school due to illness.

Must be nice to be able to blow it off by choice.

M.K

Level 55
Your friendships will be more beneficial to you if they come from a group that shares our career interests. School contains no filter for finding these people.

LOLWUT??

I frequently have days at school in which I look FOWARD to going to (giving a presentation, end-of-semester parties, FOOD DAY IN LATIN, etc.).
School is DEFINETLY the place to develop social skills. Everyone talks in class, it's just a matter of determining the appropriate and inappropriate times TO talk. It develops your social skills. You have people around you to tell you "Dude, stop talking, your voice is annoying" BEFORE you get into the workplace because if people in the workplace say that kind of stuff to you, it'll be rough.
How could friendships benefit you more if they come from a group of people with similar career interests? In fact, I could see just the opposite happening.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I define worthless as having no benefit. I'm pretty sure most people define it that way. School has no benefit if you're studying up to fix cars or build furniture or whatever.

LOL. More like school has no benefit if you're studying up to fix cars or build furniture and you want to be ignorant and generally uneducated. I don't care what you want to do with your life, you should still know general history, understand language and math, and be able to follow sciences. Please.

Bailey

Smash Hero
I don't understand what's so hard about going to school.

Let him do his thing apparently you don't need school to go anywhere. am i ritee or watz

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
School has no benefit if you're studying up to fix cars or build furniture or whatever.
My school had both Automotive and Woodworking/carpentry classes. People did them knowing that as soon as they left school they'd be able to get a job instead of leaving school, then having to learn how to do it.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Life without knowledge sounds ridiculously boring and worthless. Having a positive attitude towards learning will really help keep your life in order.

Top Bottom