• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

-562- BRAWL Garage Tourney Sunday April 13th ~Pics Added!!!!~

Race

Smash Lord
about 12-15 miles from the original location. About 10 min away from the original location, trust me this place is much bigger and we'll have one big screen set up, lol as the "Premier TV" lol

so that 3 or 4 regular TV's and 1 Big screen TV. . . not too shabby .. all I need are a few more Wiis.

So what do you guys think?

Sorry I keep changing things around guys, but everything will be set in stone by tomorrow, i'm trying to make this the best experience that I can.

Dee Em Gee

Smash Rookie
how much bigger is this place? also wat food places are close? (I'm hungry, haha) It's doesn't seem too much further and for a bigger place and a big screen thats not too bad

Race

Smash Lord
The new garage is much bigger, the old one was about 600 sq. ft. The new one is 800 sq. ft. So way more room, also a big screen and a couch. As for food 5 min from the house are: Carl's jr, in n out, kfc, knollwood, subway. mcD, taco bell, dennys and a bunch of other places I can't recall right now.

Race

Smash Lord
yeah, actually right next to brea mall. the house is a good 6-7 min (No freeway) from the mall

storm92

Smash Ace
I could go, and most likely bring another person.
The new location sounds better to me.

Dee Em Gee

Smash Rookie
So the location is yorba linda now eh? I can still make it.

So everything is confirmed now right? cause I have to reserve sunday from work.

Race

Smash Lord
Yes everything is set in stone, this is how it's going to be.

Can anyone help out and bring extra wiis? TV's would be cool too, but I'm in need of at least 2-3 more Wiis, i'll wave the entrance fee for those who can help me out, lol. Also if anyone wants to record or something i'll be more then happy to have you guys set up and record.

LuCKy

Smash Master
well this isnt too far for me so i'll try to bring a wii/tv

and i'm willing to record,but only winners finals,losers finals and well the finals lol since it takes a lot of memory on my computer

Race

Smash Lord
yeah cool, if you can bring Wii/TV that'll really help me out. I'll try my best to get some pizza or something going in the tourney.

anyways thanks guys

BarDulL

Town Vampire
yeah cool, if you can bring Wii/TV that'll really help me out. I'll try my best to get some pizza or something going in the tourney.

Also to make it more fair I'm going to have a one character rule, that you must choose and stick with the same character the whole tourney. It balances out the gameplay more.

anyways thanks
I'm going to guess that most people would probably be choosing only one character to begin with (metagame is still young), but I don't see the logic in only allowing one character per player...not to mention that -no- standard tournaments have ever restricted a player to only one character. Don't do it! X_X

I can definitely bring a Wii if I manage to get a ride, however! -Maybe- a T.V., but don't hold me to it.

Charoo

Smash Champion
so if i brign a wii + tv = free entry? Now I just need a ride just like dark fire

Charoo

Smash Champion
Let's team! We can be "The Eternal Vortex That is Oxnard." Hahaha.

Fixed.

Can't wait to play with you again, Charoo. It has been a long time!
sure thing Bardull.

I just hope that the host will host this again in cerritos. That way my friends can come too

bbb

Smash Champion
so is the adress on the first page the current location?

plus hell ya bardull we gotta team

Race

Smash Lord
yeah it's gonna be in yorba linda.

I thought about the one character rule, but it mostly applied to 3s. This is a different game so I'll hold this multi-character

Samus-T

Smash Lord
im down to go to this but do u really think that the tourney will last till around 10 at night? there cant really be that many people attending this....

Race

Smash Lord
well I'm saying it can go up to 10 at night. Just stating business hours, lol. Also if we finish early we can do casuals till 10 if some people feel like it

Asarja

Smash Rookie
Wow a tournament in Yorba Linda. I live close so I'll try to show up for singles. Never been to a tourney before though.

Race

Smash Lord
Sounds great guys. remember sign ups start at 11 for teams and if you want to bring a TV/Wii try to come early so I can set it up and get things running smoothly.

Race

Smash Lord
people can come in as soon as 10 am, lol we can chill and hold casuals till the team tourney at 12. I'll also be taking this time to set up the extra tv/wiis people will bring.

Rules and info are set in stone now. so nothing will change from the format I posted in the 1st page.

Race

Smash Lord
yeah cool, another wii would be great.

I have a lot of people showing up now, so I'm gonna go ahead and try to get some food going while the tourney is underway, nothing big, maybe some drinks and pizza. . . I dunno. Also if we have enough TVs i think I can have one of them with melee or something, lol. a nod to the greatness of melee, lol.

Race

Smash Lord
I've had a bad experience with alcohol and tourney's before so i'm gonna pass on beer, the owner is gonna have my *** if something goes wrong.

Yeah help setting out would be cool. I mean the earlier you guys can come with the equipment and set up, the smoother the tourney can be run.

oh yeah if anyone has any questions and stuff, call me anytime:
(562) 277-2727

Race

Smash Lord
really pro ppl are coming i'm flattered, lol.

if a lot of ppl join i'm not even sure I can participate in my own tourney, lol

ajsmith401

Smash Apprentice
why isnt this on saturday? LOL.....nvrmnd, sorry, answered my own question, wheres the pomona tourney? lol <---cant navigate crashboards for shiz

Race

Smash Lord
it's in cal poly pomona.

From the looks of this we'll prolly have 5 or 6 TV's set up. thats cool

Top Bottom