• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

51 characters total, reasoning inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Did he try to put Mach Rider ? Since melee ?
And BTW mii replace random button when activated, that was confirmed at the treehouse of thursday during the last gameplay. So you have one more spot.
wait really? I only remembered them doing their treehouse smash mini-tourney ._.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
And BTW mii replace random button when activated, that was confirmed at the treehouse of thursday during the last gameplay. So you have one more spot.
So, it's 52 or 48 then.

You can put mewtwo + brawl veteran (minus lucas, ivysaur, squirtlle and snake) + sal leak + newcomers confirmed now and get 48.

But there's still that ridley situation that bugs me. Honestly, I don't know but if it's 52, I think Paper Mario now has a true chance.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
wait really? I only remembered them doing their treehouse smash mini-tourney ._.
I think I heard that, and checked the Mii Figther section to make sure. I can understand that tho, how would random works for Mii ?

My prediction if there are 51 characters (not counting Mii) ;

All vets minus Snake, Squi, Ivy, Lucas ; 35.
Newcomers from Sal added ; 45 (didnt count Mii)
Rosalina ; 46
K Rool, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo (counted as new) ; 50.
And the last one... Takamaru/Mach Rider/Bandana Dee.

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
I think I heard that, and checked the Mii Figther section to make sure. I can understand that tho, how would random works for Mii ?

My prediction if there are 51 characters (not counting Mii) ;

All vets minus Snake, Squi, Ivy, Lucas ; 35.
Newcomers from Sal added ; 45 (didnt count Mii)
Rosalina ; 46
K Rool, Impa, Ridley, Mewtwo (counted as new) ; 50.
And the last one... Takamaru/Mach Rider/Bandana Dee.

Now I see why everyone is hoping for 51 :3
Then again stopping at 47 (Referring to your post +mii) can be likely. I am quite happy with the newcomers.
Although if it's 51, I think people might get their happy share (K Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo although I am a detractor for all 3 pardon me) and one more WTF character

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
I think I remember hearing this as well. But even so it makes the most sense, considering they're barred from Online Play and are Custom-only characters.

So with the Newcomers announced (-Mii) + Sal leak we're at 46 of 47 Characters. I don't think 51 is likely though, considering the proportions of the 3DS CSS as discussed in The Roster Size Thread:
SmashFest 3DS CSS: http://i.imgur.com/mOdL1h6.png
Proposed 47 character 3DS CSS: http://i.imgur.com/4ZGpTjA.jpg
So who is the last character I wonder. Teasing points to Ridley or Mewtwo more than anyone else but we could also be in a situation where Lucas wasn't actually cut (as the Sal leak, iirc, only said they discussed it) or a completely out of the blue character rears their head. I'm also worried that it could just be a DLC button.

Last edited:

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
Yep... he loves the character. Sakurai said in an interview that the only problem was figuring out how to make a fighter who remains on a vehicle all of the time. With how creative the newcomer's movesets have been, I wouldn't be surprised if Mach Rider is the non-DLC retro. And okay! Nice that Mii isn't taking up an extra slot.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Then put Mach Rider as the last slot and you have a nice 52 characters roster (counting Mewtwo).
I want mach now.

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
Then put Mach Rider as the last slot and you have a nice 52 characters roster (counting Mewtwo).
I want mach now.
He's also rumored to get a 3DS reboot some time soon... maybe next year? early 2016?
52 would be beautiful... hopefully, not counting DLC. If Mii is going to double as the random slot, then 12 characters for DLC would give a nice, even 64.

D

Deleted member

There is no source that states Sakurai said anything about difficulties with having a fighter in a vehicle at all times.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Pretty sure it would be 51 characters and not 48. 48 characters remaining would necessitate that we get copious additional cuts, *OR* Sakurai is only going to have what. One or two new characters post-release, as opposed to five or six were it a 51 character roster?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I made my own in two versions.

A) The Pro-Gematsu version

B) The No-Gematsu version

Though if Miis really do take up the random space (Is there a source on that yet?), then there's actually slightly more room than even this.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Though if Miis really do take up the random space (Is there a source on that yet?), then there's actually slightly more room than even this.
It depends if the VOD is actually avaliable. I've been looking on Youtube and it doesn't look as though the whole treehouse was reuploaded.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I made my own in two versions.

A) The Pro-Gematsu version

B) The No-Gematsu version

The source is the treehouse direct. But dunno where to watch it again.

D

Deleted member

The Miis were said to have "their own special slot", NOT taking the place of the Random space.

D

Deleted member

It's not really the same.
Guys, bear in mind that the Miis were claimed to have "their own special slot".
What I'm speculating is that the Mii Fighter "slot" is going to not be a part of the "main" slots on the CSS, but put off to the side like in other games where they are selectable.
Example:

Perhaps as part of the Customizations menu on the CSS.

When it's "On" in modes that aren't Online With Anyone, Mii Fighter could be here.

majora_787

Smash Hero
In other words, its the same thing because it doesn't take up a slot in the main roster. Replacing the random button or being in a separate slot? In effect, its really the same thing.
For these purposes it's the same thing. Means that a 51 character roster is 51 characters not counting Miis, who are their own thing and not on the roster with everyone else.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Pretty much, yeah. It actually fits in line with Sakurai's thinking, too. Mii's are an "extra" feature but not actually part of the roster.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
go to the twitch channel of nintendo then in video, go in past broadcast. There's 2 videos of 8 hours the only problem is to actually find when they said it in the stream.
I doubt anyone's going to want to watch 8 hours of video like that. Probably best to wait until someone inevitably dissects all the info, splits each segment up into different videos and reposts them. GameExplain likes doing that, but even for them this would take forever.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I doubt anyone's going to want to watch 8 hours of video like that. Probably best to wait until someone inevitably dissects all the info, splits each segment up into different videos and reposts them. GameExplain likes doing that, but even for them this would take forever.
Well, first, do we know if it was said on Thursday? If it is, then, you just cut 8 hours of watching. If we know around what time, then you have an approximation of a timestamps. I think it's manageable.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, first, do we know if it was said on Thursday? If it is, then, you just cut 8 hours of watching. If we know around what time, then you have an approximation of a timestamps. I think it's manageable.
True. I don't know when it was said, though. I've heard a few people bring it up, but I don't know how accurate it is.

D

Deleted member

In other words, its the same thing because it doesn't take up a slot in the main roster. Replacing the random button or being in a separate slot? In effect, its really the same thing.
For these purposes it's the same thing. Means that a 51 character roster is 51 characters not counting Miis, who are their own thing and not on the roster with everyone else.
You two are not getting it.
They do count as part of the roster. They just won't be a part of the CSS and instead put off to the side. Unlike the Random slot, which will be a part of the CSS like in Brawl and in the demo.

A 51 character roster would be 50 + the Random slot on the main part of the CSS with Mii Fighters being the 51st put in their own spot.

According to this leak, 51 characters seems right after counting. It may be fake, but it looks very real, so I'm not sure.

THIS is what the Demo CSS looks like.
The video is of an old fake.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The video is of an old fake.
Yeah, I realized that it was different and possibly fake, although I was thinking it could have been from before the Demo or they changed the design after the demo. (Of course, the Demo design does look better.....)

That was proven fake weeks ago.
Oh? I don't exactly post on these forums much (as you can tell by my message-count), although I do look at threads. I'm sorry.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
You seem to be the one not getting it. We're using 52 characters to say 51 characters Miis excluded, and random. 52 characters would be Miis included. Because Miis are in their own thing. But you'll think whatever you want, I'm not actually going to repeat this again.

kylexv

Smash Master
SSB4 51 Character Roster Roster.png

Best 51 character roster imo.

Reasoning on non-Gematsu characters:

Dixie Kong: I agree with many on having a third DK character. The DKCR series has brought up the series' relevance. Dixie Kong seems like the best bet because it adds another female to the roster and that she is more relevant than K. Rool. However, he could still get in over Dixie.

Ridley: The teasing. The Pyrosphere was confirmed almost 10 months ago and we STILL don't have any solid evidence of his possible inclusion as a Boss. Due to these multiple teases (especially the shadow in the Direct), I feel that Ridley still has a shot as a playable character.

Dark Pit: First of all, in the 3DS arrangement here (http://smashboards.com/threads/51-characters-total-reasoning-inside.358059/page-9#post-16921670), a third KI rep fits the best right next to Palutena. Also, in every smash game, there has been a series that has gotten two or more newcomers (SSB64: Mario and Pokemon, Melee: Mario (3 newcomers), Zelda (3 newcomers [4 counting Sheik]), Pokemon (3 newcomers), and Fire Emblem, and Brawl: Kirby.), and this hasn't happened yet in Smash 4. We already have Palutena, so a second KI rep will make the pattern go on. Dark Pit seems like the best bet here as a new villain and the fact that he was teased in the Palutena trailer.

Mewtwo: Mewtwo's relevance has increased with the release of Pokemon X and Y. He was one of two pokemon (The other Charizard, a playable character) to get two mega evolutions. With the added fact that Mewtwo has not been confirmed a Pokeball summon or a trophy, Mewtwo chances are pretty high this time around, unlike Brawl.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You seem to be the one not getting it. We're using 52 characters to say 51 characters Miis excluded, and random. 52 characters would be Miis included. Because Miis are in their own thing. But you'll think whatever you want, I'm not actually going to repeat this again.
-Never mind this. Apparently I can't count.-

Last edited by a moderator:

Noctes

Smash Cadet
I'm surprised it took as long as it did for people to start questioning Bandana Dee's popularity in terms of people wanting him in Smash 4.

Even if he has been in multiple recent Kirby games, he's literally just a waddle dee with a bandana. I don't dislike Waddle Dee, but really? Do people think he has a legitimate chance of being included?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm surprised it took as long as it did for people to start questioning Bandana Dee's popularity in terms of people wanting him in Smash 4.

Even if he has been in multiple recent Kirby games, he's literally just a waddle dee with a bandana. I don't dislike Waddle Dee, but really? Do people think he has a legitimate chance of being included?
In my opinion, its like people requesting Slime or Goomba in Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

I doo (pun intended) think he has a shot, but Lucas coming back seems far more likely. I'm pretty sure the EarthBound cult is larger than the Waddle Dee cult.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
In my opinion, its like people requesting Slime or Goomba in Smash Bros.
Except Slime is decently popular and would make a lot more sense since it does more than be a normal goon.

But besides that, Bandana Dee i can totally see being an AT to differentiate it from the other Waddle Dees.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I am still pretty sure we're getting a 3rd Kid Icarus character before we get a Waddle Dee in a hat. But maybe that's just me.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I just realized that my most wanted roster could be even considered a possibility now if it's 51. Here it is:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
DK
Diddy
Yoshi
Wario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Pit
Ice Climbers
R.O.B
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Olimar & Pikmin
Fox
Falco
Wolf
C. Falcon
Pickachu
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Marth
Ike
Ness
Mr Game & Watch
Sonic
Pacman
Mewtwo
Rosalina & Luma
Palutena
Little Mac
Greninja
Villager
Megaman
Wii Fit Trainer
Mii Fighters
Chrom
Shulk
Chorus men (or whatever he is)
King K Rool
Ridley
Paper Mario

51 roster and it has my 3 most wanted + the sal leak and most of brawl veterans. If this turns out to be the actual roster, I don't think it can become better for me.
You may have overlooked charizard . :3 Still a good roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom