• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

51 characters total, reasoning inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Going by the demo CSS, because character positions along the timeline are unlikely to change, it's almost a fact that even if we get 12x4, then we're due for either a new Mario, Metroid or Donkey Kong character as I highly doubt Link will be sat up there as opposed to starting his own row. Unless of course they stick a random Captain Falcon or someone up on that row.

But on a 13x4, there's ample room for K. Rool and Ridley, and it fits like a dream.

Here are a few concepts I mocked up for 13x4 rosters:
http://imgur.com/a/cbIvM

I think the second one fits the best personally, as everything is tidy.
Top Row: Mario (5), Psuedo Mario (2), DK (3), Metroid (3).
Row 2: Zelda (5), Animal Crossing (1), Mother (2), Kid Icarus (2), Kirby (3)
Row 3: Star Fox (3), Fire Emblem (3), Pokemon (7)
Bottom Row contains all the series represented by 1 character.

I also want to point out, the original OP said something about having all the RPG characters together, Villager is no where near Marth so that's obviously not the case.

D

Deleted member

Since that damn Gematsu leak is coming true, I believe the final roster will be:
Brawl vets - Snake, Squirtle and Ivysaur=36 +Gematsu+Rosalina=47 also, I believe Miis will be separate from the roster(it will be weird for them to be removed from it in Online With anyone)
I'm confident that it won't be just 47 characters, as a net gain of 8 characters is very disapointing
Adding the Hype 3(K. Rool, Ridley and Mewtwo) and you have 50+Random, it should also be noted that "Lucas is likely getting cut", meaning we would "likely" have 49+Random

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Going by the demo CSS, because character positions along the timeline are unlikely to change, it's almost a fact that even if we get 12x4, then we're due for either a new Mario, Metroid or Donkey Kong character as I highly doubt Link will be sat up there as opposed to starting his own row. Unless of course they stick a random Captain Falcon or someone up on that row.

But on a 13x4, there's ample room for K. Rool and Ridley, and it fits like a dream.

Here are a few concepts I mocked up for 13x4 rosters:
http://imgur.com/a/cbIvM

I think the second one fits the best personally, as everything is tidy.
Top Row: Mario (5), Psuedo Mario (2), DK (3), Metroid (3).
Row 2: Zelda (5), Animal Crossing (1), Mother (2), Kid Icarus (2), Kirby (3)
Row 3: Star Fox (3), Fire Emblem (3), Pokemon (7)
Bottom Row contains all the series represented by 1 character.

I also want to point out, the original OP said something about having all the RPG characters together, Villager is no where near Marth so that's obviously not the case.
Nice are rosters are exactly the same.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Use logic. SSB4 is going to have less newcomers than Brawl. Brawl newcomers = 14, SSB4 revealed newcomer + Leaked newcomers = 12.
I see your not believing in Ridley nor mewtwo nor King K rool.

Besides how many times do we have to tell you leak believers rosalina was not on there.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I see your not believing in Ridley nor mewtwo nor King K rool.

Besides how many times do we have to tell you leak believers rosalina was not on there.
Leaked characters are likely. But Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool chances are not killed by the leaks. They are killed and send to the graveyard due the number of newcomers. SSB4 is not going to have more new characters than Brawl (14), If we have 9 confirmed newcomers and 3 leaked newcomers thats 12. So, those characters are out.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Leaked characters are likely. But Ridley, Mewtwo and King K. Rool chances are not killed by the leaks. They are killed and send to the graveyard due the number of newcomers. SSB4 is not going to have more new characters than Brawl (14), If we have 9 confirmed newcomers and 3 leaked newcomers thats 12. So, those characters are out.
Ok

Thats not even close for proof that none of the 3 aren't being playable.

Oh wait wait you think each type of mii is getting a seperate box don't you?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Brawl had 18 newcomers actually.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
For those of you saying this roster will be 47 characters, there is absolutely no way that Sakurai would make a roster that sh***y. This game needs to sell not repel.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Why? Do you genuinely think that Sakurai will completely blow off the hype 3 with the Wii U in it's current state? I would certainly hope that Sakurai doesn't completely blow off all logical fan requests.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Ok i was wrong about something, Brawl does have 18 newcomers.
And SSB4 11 confirmed newcomers and 3 probably-leaked newcomers.
If there is one newcomer that could be in the rooster besides those, is a retro character.
Sakurai said that he wanted to put a classic character to revive the franchise, just like he did with Kid Icarus.
If he finally does that. that could mean 15 newcomers. but i dont expect more.

D

Deleted member

If we end up getting only 47 characters and the newcomers are all from the Gematsu leak, I'm going to be disapointed, Greninja is the only newcomer I actually wanted prior his reveal(tough I thought he was going to be part of Kalos Trainer), if we get 50 K. Rool and Ridley are guaranteed, there is also Mewtwo but I don't need him
EDIT:
If there is one newcomer that could be in the rooster besides those, is a retro character.
Sakurai said that he wanted to put a classic character to revive the franchise, just like he did with Kid Icarus.
We just have 9 confirmed newcomers, Miis Fighters count as only one(notice their page on the website)

Last edited by a moderator:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I don't think mii should be counted as three newcomers. Pokemon trainer had 3 completely different characters attached to him and as such should be counted as three. The mii's are just three different movesets for the same character and should be counted as that one character. So 13 newcomers.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
For those of you saying this roster will be 47 characters, there is absolutely no way that Sakurai would make a roster that sh***y. This game needs to sell not repel.
47 wouldn't be totally unreasonable, since Brawl had 35/39 characters.....
And the number of characters doesnt make a game, the quality of its gameplay does....

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The game is going to sell regardless, at this point Sakurai can put in any new characters he wants to, Smash Bros is primarily selling on its veterans anyways since nearly all the big shots are in anyways.

Sakurai is very well capable of making a bad newcomer roster, this is actually one of the primary reason I believe it's going to be capped off at 47, Sakurai makes some questionable decisions quite often, and has especially done so with the newcomers thus far. Just because something is bad doesn't mean it's not going to happen, people went nuts about the Brawl newcomers when they leaked too because the only newcomers they didn't know about were guys like R.O.B, Toon Link and Wolf.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Its 9 newcomers confirmed not 11

:4villager::4megaman::4wiifit::rosalina::4littlemac::4greninja::4mii::4palutena::4pacman: (The mii is still just 1 you choose the type then the moveset then the head for the mii.)

So 12 if you add the leaked characters from the leak.

So 3 more which is my 3 i said. (ridley, mewtwo, king k rool,)

(But really it can be anyone.)

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I don't think mii should be counted as three newcomers. Pokemon trainer had 3 completely different characters attached to him and as such should be counted as three. The mii's are just three different movesets for the same character and should be counted as that one character. So 13 newcomers.
So you think is fair to count a 3 characters that cannot be used separated as completely different characters and 3 characters that they can be used separately and are completely different in moveset as the same character. Great.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
So you think is fair to count a 3 characters that cannot be used separated as completely different characters and 3 characters that they can be used separately and are completely different in moveset as the same character. Great.
You missed the point, Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur are three different Pokemon characters. A mii is a mii no matter what moveset it has. Therefore one character.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Because in the end, theyre all Miis, but a Mii Gunner cant have the same moveset as a Mii Brawler. They are two fighters.
Should they be counted as fighter when they're not usable online? With their use restricted like that can you even consider them a real character at all? Food for thought.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
They can be used online with Friends, and theres a good reason as to why they cant be used Vs Anyone online. Sakurai probably decided to moderate the Miis, because if he didnt, we'd probably see a bunch of Hitlers and D***-faces online. And yes, they are considered a real character, because they take up a slot on the website and 3 in the game roster.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Mii's are one character. Not 3. They're just three fighting styles, similar to how Amaterasu is only one character in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, despite having 3 different fighting styles.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
They still take up one slot on the roster, though. Hell, they might not even take a slot on the roster at all.
In therms of development, Miis take more than 3 characters slots. in fact due having extremely different alternative special moves they may took the time of 4 characters.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Good gawd, Im fighting a one-sided battle right now....
They still take up one slot on the roster, though. Hell, they might not even take a slot on the roster at all.
How do we know they take up one slot on the roster? Because the website says so? Ill eat my words once the game comes out and Im wrong.
Mii's are one character. Not 3. They're just three fighting styles, similar to how Amaterasu is only one character in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, despite having 3 different fighting styles.
Even though Sakurai clearly stated they were 3 different fighters in the video. Its not a different fighting style, its a whole new moveset for each Mii Fighter.

Peru

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peru_El_Campeon
3DS FC
2750-1137-6520
I can get behind that number. My friends and I called it being about that many too, but I guess by October we'll know them all

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Good gawd, Im fighting a one-sided battle right now....

How do we know they take up one slot on the roster? Because the website says so? Ill eat my words once the game comes out and Im wrong.

Even though Sakurai clearly stated they were 3 different fighters in the video. Its not a different fighting style, its a whole new moveset for each Mii Fighter.
Dude, the point that I'm trying to make is that despite having 3 different movesets it's still the same character performing each of those movesets. Therefore counting as one character.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Dude, the point that I'm trying to make is that despite having 3 different movesets it's still the same character performing each of those movesets. Therefore counting as one character.
Even if they are "the same character" In therms of development, Miis take more than 3 characters slots. in fact due having extremely different alternative special moves they may took the time of 4 or 5 characters.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Its the same character because they fall under the name "Mii"? Goodness gracious.....
Please watch this video. Please, listen carefully to Sakurai, the director of this, and tell me where he says that they are one fighter..... because I can point out where he states that they are 3 different fighters.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Even if they are "the same character" In therms of development, Miis take more than 3 characters slots. in fact due having extremely different alternative special moves they may took the time of 4 or 5 characters.
Even if you consider them to be 3 separate characters they will only take up one roster slot. If this roster is to indeed have 51 slots, then the amount of characters one of those slots represents is irrelevant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Either way, the Mii will only have 1 slot on the CSS that will probably pull up a menu that lets you select your Mii, just like every other game they're in.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
Why? Do you genuinely think that Sakurai will completely blow off the hype 3 with the Wii U in it's current state? I would certainly hope that Sakurai doesn't completely blow off all logical fan requests.
Except that those Hype 3 aren't actually that hype inducing for the general public, Mewtwo would be the only on i'd agree with, but that could apply to many Pokémon, with the only reason of Mewtwo standing out being that he is a veteran. Ridley isn't even that desired outside some fans, this site makes it seem like Ridley is such a popular choice but it really isn't, same with K. Rool but to a lesser extent. The point is that those 3 characters don't make or break the game for most people.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Well, Im done. I just want to see the official roster with all the characters. If Im wrong about the Miis, I will absolutely apologize, but I cant accept the fact that they are one fighter just yet.

Last edited:

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Except that those Hype 3 aren't actually that hype inducing for the general public, Mewtwo would be the only on i'd agree with, but that could apply to many Pokémon, with the only reason of Mewtwo standing out being that he is a veteran. Ridley isn't even that desired outside some fans, this site makes it seem like Ridley is such a popular choice but it really isn't, same with K. Rool but to a lesser extent. The point is that those 3 characters don't make or break the game for most people.
While what you're saying is true to some extent, I can imagine a lot of people being excited as they unlock a playable dragon. I think a lot of people that weren't hyped for Ridley would get hyped because of this fact. Not many fighting games straight up let you play as a dragon for a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom