• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5-5-5 tourney at my house SUNDAY, 11-14... interest!

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'd like to once again host a tournament at my house, now with more notice! These would be the details:

$5 Venue
$5 Singles
$5 Doubles (per person. $10 per team)

12213 Lisborough Rd
Bowie, MD 20720

New Carrollton Metro

I'd like to have cheap tourneys once again to allow more players to enter more often, in order to improve our competitive mindsets/skill. Omni's consistent training has proven to improve our players, and I believe this would help as well. Also, I'm in school full-time, in addition to my full-time work schedule, so I need to shake the rust and stay active every once in a while. (I'm pretty sloppy right now)

My basement is now amazingly CLEAN! NOW WITH 2 TRASH CANS ZOMG!!!!1 It's so spacious and luxurious, so we need to keep it that way. I must collect venue fees at the door, so come prepared! No johns this time. You have a week to visit an ATM. This would already be a cheap tourney.

The schedule would be:

9:30 - People can start arriving.
10-12 Registration/practice.
1pm - DOUBLES WILL BEGIN
4pm - SINGLES WILL BEGIN
Afterward, I aim to have either Brawl- or Low Tier Tourney. Hopefully for a few dollars, but free is cool, if there isn't enough interest.

Stuff will ACTUALLY start on time. I'm going to keep everything moving. People will have to go by 10 or 11pm. I have class in the morning and my roommates have work as well. So basically, BE ON TIME! I can't be holding everything up for people.

Wii's are necessary to make this happen. Mine is currently not playing duel layered discs. I want to have at least 5. I have 3 tv's, so another 2 would be nice.

Please post ASAP if you're interested, so that I can make this official. Confirm interest/attendance/wiis plz. <3333

Confirmed
------------
Sassy
Omni
Kenny
Takeover
Steak Sauce
ERK
Taco
Detox
Seagull
Coney
Chu
Candy
Jose
Boss
Nova
Powerhouse
Luckay
Freezewish

Interested
------------
NOID
Pink Fresh
SOVAMan
Daisho
Lobos

Wiis
------------
Seagull

Can I get some wii confirmations plzzz.

also...
Vote for Low Tier Event or Brawl-. Hopefully we could do doubles of whichever is chosen as well. Would be crazy, yea?

Brawl-
-----------
Powerhouse
Coney

Low Tier
-----------
Pink Fresh
Seagull

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
"My basement is now amazingly CLEAN! NOW WITH 2 TRASH CANS ZOMG!!!!1 It's so spacious and luxurious."

This statement actually made me want to come.

I'm def. there.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Sunday the 14th? I will gladly attend. Low tier side tourney pl0x. Nc rules for low tier tourney with ALL D tier allowed? Basically low tiers with also Wolf, Sheik, and Luigi. If not, I'll just use Bowser rofl.

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested. I can get a definite later this week though.

I'll bring a wii + TV if I can make it.

Steak Sauce LOL

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Oh and I have a wii Danny. Does that mean I don't have to pay venue? I'll also put on hacks (no textures, just infinite replays) so I can save all replays to my channel. I'm trying to get more subscribers with tourney vids and good matches.

Coney

Smash Master
will definitely be there <33

looking for a teammate for this, want somebody that's 100% though and not just "uh i might go"

would team with pink but he doesn't know if he's going + we're teaming @ xanadu anyway, wanna try something new this sunday

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Sassy. if you pick me up for free, I'll set your wii up to play brawl again during the tourney. Though after i need to take my HDD(s) back.
Edit: Nvm i can get chu to pick me up since he's going. i'll still set you up though.

I'd like to practice setting up, and organizing livestreams. Any way you'd let me do this at your tourney?

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
Yea that should be fine. I have live stream stuff, and a tv that can do it without splitters. What do you need to do to the wii in order to fix it btw?

Also, any confirmation on at least a few more tvs anyone?? Let's add to my 3! The more we have, the less I have to kick people off who try to MM early in the tourney!

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Yea that should be fine. I have live stream stuff, and a tv that can do it without splitters. What do you need to do to the wii in order to fix it btw?

Also, any confirmation on at least a few more tvs anyone?? Let's add to my 3! The more we have, the less I have to kick people off who try to MM early in the tourney!
Chu is bringing one of my TVs, but I will be using it early on to fix your wii, and set something up for the wii i'm lending chu, after that you can use it though. I'd prefer not to use the third wii since it's a pretty tricked out one worth a ****-ton of money, but if it's needed we can. But I'd like to have it on a main set-up.

And i have the equipment(including a HQ mic and splitters) but how does a tv do it without splitters? o.O

As for how I'll fix it, i won't really be fixing it. I'll just be making it able to read brawl off a usb drive.
I was going to replace the laser(lasers are cheap as hell where i get them), but I don't want to bother with making repairs on a tourney day. It'll be just too much, sorry.
If i can get there a day early, i might do it.

If someone can pick me, Daisho, and probably Luckay from UMCP and there is still space for it, I can bring up to three tvs in addition to the one chu is bringing.

(Meaning you can get paid and get your venue fee off :D)
Though I'll probably just go by metro.

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I can make this, just won't be there until 12ish. Im bringing a wii and tv.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I think, depending on votes, and time. We should do minus singles, and low tier doubles.
Since minus doubles are just all kinds of dumb imo.

Coney

Smash Master
minus and low tier doubles sounds good

don't know who i'm gonna play now with ness out of low tier

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Nah, Chu's pikakirby team was completely fair!
Lol that's the exact reason i say minus doubles are dumb.
Karcist looked just sooooo mad.

There physically isn't anything most of the cast can do against kirbachu. It's sooo gay.
BTW Daish i'll let you know how our ride turns out, though it seems like another metro + pickup trip.

Coney

Smash Master
actually danny can ness still be in low tier

it's your call

i still consider the kid a low tier tbh

but if you'd let him in you'd have to let in PT also

which is fine and all

your choice

Top Bottom