• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V4 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

Iridium

Smash Hero
Wrath :4bayonetta2: :4sonic: 3-2 Fatality :4falcon:to make top 8. A very unexpected run from Wrath, but I realized Fatality would have fought Komorikiri again if he won.

NNID
User7a1
So, over at Combo Breaker...
Maister :4gaw: 2-1 John Numbers :4wiifit: and 3-2 ESAM :4pikachu:
He's guaranteed 5th and faces either Ned or Chag.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Larry Lurr :4fox:3-2 ScAtt :4megaman::4ryu: in a reverse 3-0 to avoid 17th. He continues his losers run after losing to Lima :4bayonetta2:.

And Manny :4sonic: 3-2 VoiD :4sheik: offstream.

Raito :4duckhunt: 3-0 Cosmos :4corrinf::4lucina: AGAIN, just like at Switchfest, to eliminate Cosmos at 17th. Cosmos' lack of experience against Duck Hunt clearly proved to be a factor in his loss, as well as a problem dealing with Raito's defensive play.

Last edited:

EMT~

Smash Cadet
Raito :4duckhunt: 3-0 Cosmos :4corrin: :4lucina:

Surprising to see Cosmos try to counterpick Raito with Lucina, where the MU is even imo, off of Corrin, where Corrin wins pretty handliy. Or maybe it was a comfort/"let's try something else" pick.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Raito :4duckhunt: 3-0 Cosmos :4corrin: :4lucina:

Surprising to see Cosmos try to counterpick Raito with Lucina, where the MU is even imo, off of Corrin, where Corrin wins pretty handliy. Or maybe it was a comfort/"let's try something else" pick.
seemed like a "let's try something new" pick, considering he didn't seem to be faring any better against raito than at switchfest

Light 3-2 muteace

Iridium

Smash Hero
Light :4fox:3-1 Larry Lurr :4fox: in the Fox ditto for 13th. It's pretty rare to see Larry ever lose the ditto.

Manny :4sonic: 3-2 Raito :4duckhunt: for 13th. A bit of a heartbreaker, as Raito definitely was held back by Duck Hunt's struggle to kill.

Samsora :4peach: 3-2 Light :4fox: in a reverse 3-0 to make top 8, for yet another top 8 appearance!

Lima :4bayonetta2: 3-1 Manny :4sonic: in order to make a top 8 appearance as well.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
top 8
winners
Nairo vs Salem
Tweek vs Dabuz

Losers
Komo vs Wrath
Samsora vs Lima

anyone know what time tomorrow top 8 starts?

Iridium

Smash Hero
top 8
winners
Nairo vs Salem
Tweek vs Dabuz

Losers
Komo vs Wrath
Samsora vs Lima

anyone know what time tomorrow top 8 starts?
I think it is at 10:30 A.M., but I will check and confirm it.

Edit: Nope. smash.gg says 1:00 P.M., so that is for Smash 4's schedule.

Last edited:

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Salem did very well for himself, and will be making top 4 at worst. Hopefully this makes the naysayers think twice before doubting him.
I wonder how the Nairo match tomorrow will go.

Edit: @below don't worry about it. I'm mostly concerned with older players who should know better.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Salem did very well for himself, and will be making top 4 at worst. Hopefully this makes the naysayers think twice before doubting him.
I wonder how the Nairo match tomorrow will go.
Technically, he would land in top 6 at worst, assuming he losing to Nairo and the winner of Lima and Samsora.

Finh009

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Finh009
Sumabato 25 (200 Entrants) (Osaka, Kansai, Japan)
Bracket: https://challonge.com/Sumabato25T

1st. Sigma :4tlink:
2nd. Kuwa (Chanshu) :4ryu:
3rd. Masashi :4cloud2:
4th. kept :4villager:
5th. Gobu :4metaknight:
5th. Nasubi :4wario2::4zss:
7th. Kisha :4megaman::4bowser:
7th. Tea :4pacman:

9th. Akira :4bayonetta::4cloud2:
9th. Mangalitza♀ :4cloud2:
9th. Towa :rosalina:
9th. Fuwa :4marth:
13th. Lickey★ :4metaknight:
13th. DIO :4yoshi::4ryu:
13th. Egapon :4gaw:
13th. OCEAN :4rob:

Last edited:

EMT~

Smash Cadet
citation needed
Admittedly, at the time of posting, I posted that as largely my own opinion. But, here's what we can see from top Corrin and DH mains (my resource being the MU charts from https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/7b0tx4/notable_players_matchup_chart_compilation_v7/)

Among Corrin mains, all of them consider it a winning MU for Corrin. Two of them (Frozen and Ryuga) consider it a more dominant advantage (which I agree with), and the other two (Cosmos and Yura) consider it a slight advantage.

Among DH mains, most of them also see it as a winning MU for Corrin. However, only You3 sees it as a more significant disadvantage, whereas most of the other DHs see it as simply a slight disadvantage. Interestingly, Raito released a new MU chart less than a week ago (https://twitter.com/raito1496/status/997850290853298177), and he considers this MU to be even now. In comparison, his old chart (seen on the Reddit link) had Corrin as a slight disadvantage. So, part of me wonders how much his match with Cosmos at Switchfest influenced his opinion on the MU.

So it seems that the more popular opinion is that Corrin slightly wins the MU, although people saying Corrin has a more dominant MU advantage over DH isn't unheard of. This being based on the links I discussed, which I hope aren't too outdated at this point.

And speaking of You3...

Sumabato 25 (200 Entrants) (Osaka, Kansai, Japan)
Bracket: https://challonge.com/Sumabato25T

1st. Sigma :4tlink:
2nd. Kuwa (Chanshu) :4ryu:
3rd. Masashi :4cloud2:
4th. kept :4villager:
5th. Gobu :4metaknight:
5th. Nasubi :4wario2::4zss:
7th. Kisha :4megaman::4bowser:
7th. Tea :4pacman:

9th. Akira :4bayonetta::4cloud2:
9th. Mangalitza♀ :4cloud2:
9th. Towa :rosalina:
9th. Fuwa :4marth:
13th. Lickey★ :4metaknight:
13th. DIO :4yoshi::4ryu:
13th. Egapon :4gaw:
13th. OCEAN :4rob:
Apparently he didn't do so well here. He got 1-2'd.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
it's unfortunate that this top 8's reputation is doomed before it even starts because there is are 3 Bayonetta players in it
As far as I know, Tweek mostly used Cloud throughout the tournament. I don't know when he used Bayo.

Edit: Sumabato 25, seen above at Finh's post, is entered in as a C tier. TLink mains rest easy tonight.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Meru :4zelda: has just been funded for Hyrule Saga! The :4zelda: is not a joke, as he will go all Zelda.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Komorikiri :4cloud2:3-0 Wrath :4sonic: to progress further in top 8 for their first encounter. Wrath was adapting well at first, but Komo's experience with Sonic clearly helped him a lot.

Nah

Smash Champion
Admittedly, at the time of posting, I posted that as largely my own opinion. But, here's what we can see from top Corrin and DH mains (my resource being the MU charts from https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/7b0tx4/notable_players_matchup_chart_compilation_v7/)

Among Corrin mains, all of them consider it a winning MU for Corrin. Two of them (Frozen and Ryuga) consider it a more dominant advantage (which I agree with), and the other two (Cosmos and Yura) consider it a slight advantage.

Among DH mains, most of them also see it as a winning MU for Corrin. However, only You3 sees it as a more significant disadvantage, whereas most of the other DHs see it as simply a slight disadvantage. Interestingly, Raito released a new MU chart less than a week ago (https://twitter.com/raito1496/status/997850290853298177), and he considers this MU to be even now. In comparison, his old chart (seen on the Reddit link) had Corrin as a slight disadvantage. So, part of me wonders how much his match with Cosmos at Switchfest influenced his opinion on the MU.
I never particularly cared for using player MU charts as a way to try and prove that an MU is X. They're fun to look at to see what other people think, but the infinitely more important thing is the why. What leads them to think that? It's a lot more useful to know the reasoning behind it all.

Of course, this isn't something one expects from an MU chart itself, as it's just an image, but, y'know....

Iridium

Smash Hero
Lima :4bayonetta2: 3-2 Samsora :rosalina: in one of the most tense sets I have seen in a while. Well, I think Lima is 3-0 vs. Samsora at this point.

ReVerbIsSuperb

Smash Cadet
Not only did he beat John Numbers and Esam, he slayed all the Bayonetta's at the tournament by beating Chag & Tyroy twice to take Grands from Winners Side. Pretty notable if you ask me. G&W is an interesting character, glad to see Maister repping him well. Shame it wasn't a ranked tourney tho, looking forward to seeing him play at more tournaments in the near future.

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Saw you guys talk about Miis awhile ago. This video might help clear up some things about Mii Brawler. Turn on subtitles for English.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Oh my god komo is insane
those first two games............my god

Three wins on dabuz in two weeks, jesus christ.

Top Bottom