• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V4 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

Iridium

Smash Hero
How is Fatality dominating doubles?

MKLeo is truly the king of doubles (who lost GOML's doubles event due to doing nothing but disrespecting opponents + poor synergy with Mistake).
Oh, I was just referring to this tourney, not doubles overall.

And Fatality :4falcon: and Komorikiri :4cloud2: take Momocon 2018 doubles after beating Captain Zack :4bayonetta2: and Samsora :4peach: twice in winners finals and grand finals, both 3-2!

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
MomoCon 2018 doubles

1st: komorikiri:4cloud2:Fatality:4falcon:
2nd: Samsora:4peach:Captain Zack:4bayonetta2:
3rd: Tweek:4cloud2:NAKAT:4ness:
4th: Nairo:4cloud::4lucina:Cosmos:4corrinf:
5th: Mr. R:4sheik:Mew2King:4cloud2:
5th: Salt One:4cloud2:HyperKirby:4feroy:
7th: Mistake:4bayonetta2:Salem:4bayonetta:
7th: Larry Lurr:4fox:ScAtt:4megaman:

Also MKLeo has left the tournament due to personal issues.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well, now Towa has gotten a sponsor, right after Raito, in addition to Komorikiri, Nietono and Kameme (Abadango would count, but he separated with his sponsor)!

Last edited:

Prince Koopa Jr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperLuigiXD
Switch FC
SW-6463-6785-0502
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Well, now Towa has gotten a sponsor, right after Raito, in addition to Komorikiri, Nietono and Kameme (Abadango would count, but he separated with his sponsor)!
Its good to see these Japanese players getting a sponsor.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Apparently Captain Zack :4bayonetta2: just got DQ'd for oversleeping.

Edit: Apparently, his pool has not started yet. He still confirmed it.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Hey, were you in the chat? I think I saw you!

Anyways, its good to see Komorikiri do well, as well as Mr. R!
yup, watching both streams rn

interesting to note, komo bopped Dust's link with sonic, then switched to corrin, and the commentators were speculating it might be a bayo counter, especially after last week with Mistake. If komo picked up corrin for bayo that'd be pretty cool

Iridium

Smash Hero
Sean (Cashmere) :4falcon: 2-0 Mekos :4lucas:in a pretty tense set in top 96. What do you guys think if this matchup?

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Sean (Cashmere) :4falcon: 2-0 Mekos :4lucas:in a pretty tense set in top 96. What do you guys think if this matchup?
It depends on the playstyle. If you don't play defensively + don't know the matchup, Lucas can mess you up. However, you can mess him up easily if you play defensively, which Falcon can well with his speed, which is what Sean did.

Btw, I heard from the commentators that Lucas is marginally smaller than Ness. Is that true, because I always thought they have the same frame?

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
It depends on the playstyle. If you don't play defensively + don't know the matchup, Lucas can mess you up. However, you can mess him up easily if you play defensively, which Falcon can well with his speed, which is what Sean did.

Btw, I heard from the commentators that Lucas is marginally smaller than Ness. Is that true, because I always thought they have the same frame?
I always thought they had the same frame to be honest.

Anyways, Nairo :4zss: 2-1 Sean (Cashmere):4falcon: in a fast paced game 3 set. Nairo getting a two-stock in the first game, then Cashmere doing the same in the next one, and the last game being last-stock for both.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
The Falcons are really dying here. Mekos :4lucas:eliminated both Smuff :4falcon: and Blush :4falcon: for 65th and 49th respectively after losing to Sean (Cashmere):4falcon:, and MT :4falcon: was eliminated by Dyr :4diddy:at 33rd. Draxsel had to deal with Mr. E in losers, and Sean with Peabnut, leaving Fatality as the only one in winners from what I am aware of.

Edit: SETHsational :4falcon: is alive in the tourney too, but his bracket has not started yet.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
The Falcons are really dying here. Mekos :4lucas:eliminated both Smuff :4falcon: and Blush :4falcon: for 65th and 49th respectively after losing to Sean (Cashmere):4falcon:, and MT :4falcon: was eliminated by Dyr :4diddy:at 33rd. Draxsel had to deal with Mr. E in losers, and Sean with Peabnut, leaving Fatality as the only one in winners from what I am aware of.
Speaking of Mekos, he lost 2-0 to Salt One. Mekos is out at 33rd.

NovaPixl is still in though and is about to face Neos (whoever he is).

Iridium

Smash Hero
Speaking of Mekos, he lost 2-0 to Salt One. Mekos is out at 33rd.

NovaPixl is still in though and is about to face Neos (whoever he is).
And in addition to Captain Falcon's suffering, Sean :4falcon:is out at 33rd after losing 0-2 to Peabnut :4megaman:.

However, Draxsel :4falcon:just beat Mr. E :4lucina:(:4marth:?) to place in top 32 losers!

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
NAKAT:4fox::4ness::4charizard: loses to AGO 2-0. NAKAT out at 33rd. [Edit: Actually nevermind. NAKAT won 2-0. A little mistake on Smash gg's part.]

Mr. E:4marth::4lucina:loses to Draxsel 2-1. Mr. E out at 33rd.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
NAKAT:4fox::4ness::4charizard: loses to AGO 2-0. NAKAT out at 33rd.

Mr. E:4marth::4lucina:loses to Draxsel 2-1. Mr. E out at 33rd.
Just like you mentioned earlier, NovaPixl :4lucas:just beat Neos :rosalina: 3-0 and now faces off against ANTi :4mario:for 17th, being the highest placing Lucas main!

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Just like you mentioned earlier, NovaPixl :4lucas:just beat Neos (?) 3-0 and now faces off against ANTi :4mario:for 17th, being the highest placing Lucas main!
The highest placing Lucas ever since waaaaay back at Super Smash Con 2016.
Neos, according to SmashWiki, used Rosa, so I am not sure if Nova used one of his many secondaries.

Also, in case you didn't see the edit, NAKAT is still in, as he won 2-0. There was a mistake on Smash gg's part.

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
How do you 2-0 someone with 3 characters?

EDIT: Also, 17th at an A-tier is not the highest Lucas placing since SSC 2016, but rather Mekos' 13th at MomoCon 2017.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
How do you 2-0 someone with 3 characters?

EDIT: Also, 17th at an A-tier is not the highest Lucas placing since SSC 2016, but rather Mekos' 13th at MomoCon 2017.
If this tournament was the last season, then it would be S tier. XD

MomoCon 2017 is an A tier according to the PGR v3, so.... no.

Edit: ANTi 3-0 over NovaPixl. Out at 17th.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Apparently, Dr. Copter :4greninja: 2-0 falln :rosalina:in top 96. A bit of a surprising upset. Also, Zaki is still alive in winners.

Edit: Forget the part about Zaki.

And SETHsational :4falcon: 2-1 Raito :4duckhunt: early in top 96 as well.

Last edited:

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
If this tournament was the last season, then it would be S tier. XD

MomoCon 2017 is an A tier according to the PGR v3, so.... no.

Edit: ANTi 3-0 over NovaPixl. Out at 17th.
Actually, did the math, MomoCon 2018 has 2304 points based on PGRv3 standards. That would put it just slightly below S-tier. In other words, still an A-tier, although a very high one.

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Mr. R 3-0 over NAKAT. NAKAT:4fox::4ness::4charizard: is out at 17th. (No mistake this time)

komorikiri 3-1 over Salt One. Salt One:4cloud2: is out at 17th.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Salem :4bayonetta: 3-2 Mistake :4bayonetta2: in winners to make it to the Championship Finals (top 8) I believe?

Edit: Yep.

Last edited:

The_Bookworm

Smash Master
Since when does NAKAT play :4charizard:?
At the Smashwiki, they put the Charizard icon next to the Fox and Ness icons. Maybe he played it in pools or?

Should I remove it or not?

Edit: Reply-ed just as Jon reply-ed. Disregard this comment.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Komorikiri :4corrinf: 3-2 Mistake :4bayonetta2: to make top 8! He performed way better against Mistake here than at GOML 2018, but with Corrin! Reminds me of when MkLeo picked Corrin to beat Salem at CEO 2017 (someone correct me). He extends his streak of top 8 appearances at tourneys, while Mistake makes his first appearance outside.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Zaki :4dedede: is out at 33rd, losing to ScAtt :4megaman: 0-2. Sonido :4sonic: is also out, losing to Kiki :4diddy:1-2. Who does Kiki main?

Last edited:
Top Bottom