• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v2.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Frostbite 5v5 crews

Team USA:
ZeRo
Dabuz
Nairo
Salem
ANTI

Team Japan:
Komorikiri
Kamemushi
Abadango
Shuton
T

They said they're trying to make it 10v10. Sure hope so cuz' otherwise this looks like an impending bodybag lol
Remember when we all thought that TBH6 crews would clearly be a matter of whether East Coast or West Coast win it and then Japan took it with Kie as MVP?

Let's not be fools. So far Japan has won every major crew battle.

:059:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Remember when we all thought that TBH6 crews would clearly be a matter of whether East Coast or West Coast win it and then Japan took it with Kie as MVP?

Let's not be fools. So far Japan has won every major crew battle.

Japan would've definitely lost if Dabuz had stayed on the East Coast team instead of Tweek. Here, we have the same East Cost composition + Dabuz and ZeRo (minus weak links Marss/Tweek), and no Kie on Japan's 5v5 side. The major most factors for Japan's win in the EC vs. Japan crew battle at TBH6 are completely absent while the US team gains two top 3 players.

10v10 becomes a different story depending on the attendees. KEN, Ranai, Kie, Earth, and maybe one of Japan's top 3 Toon Links, for example, could probably handle Team USA if they were added to the roster unless all of SoCal attends Frostbite or something.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
While East Coast may have dabuz this time around, I'd argue that T + Shuton is overall stronger, less gimmicky and more consistent than Kie + Shogun. Barring any major counterpick 'mistakes' though this looks like it'll likely come down to the last stock again.

JayZee1700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JZ1700
3DS FC
4442-2981-4202
Japan would've definitely lost if Dabuz had stayed on the East Coast team instead of Tweek. Here, we have the same East Cost composition + Dabuz and ZeRo (minus weak links Marss/Tweek), and no Kie on Japan's 5v5 side. The major most factors for Japan's win in the EC vs. Japan crew battle at TBH6 are completely absent while the US team gains two top 3 players.

10v10 becomes a different story depending on the attendees. KEN, Ranai, Kie, Earth, and maybe one of Japan's top 3 Toon Links, for example, could probably handle Team USA if they were added to the roster unless all of SoCal attends Frostbite or something.
What about You3, Kamemushi or Komoikiri? All 3 of them are contenders for best of each of their respective mains, and only a few players from SoCal are the best of their mains. Maybe you're right that if Dabuz stuck with the East Coast, then USA could be able to stand up to Japan's best.

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
I fear literally no one in the US has any idea how to fight a link of T's level. zero is probably the best bet for him, due to playstyle, skill, and character, but itd still be hard.

Or he'll flounder and we'll say "guess link does blow".

Re: gren V Corrin.

Theres a MU where counter is still absurd. Counter a fair or non sour nair and gren eats ****, it aint pretty. Plus really good forward airs with disjoint and range and confirms tend to be obnoxious to work around.

But.. mobility and shurikan and grab > juggle all hurt corrin.

Id wager its stage dependent, even MU in a set. gren would hate BF, Lylat, Dreamland. TaC is alright for both. FD gren advantage. just a guess though, i play some corrins but frequently choose mega since corrin doesnt have much of an answer to air shooter, pellets, leaf shield, etc.

PSA: Dragon surge has no cooldown on successful trigger. dont try unless you have perrrfect timing.
One of the best players in our state, Jester (Ketsen), who mains Corrin, is actually very good at dealing with pellets, though, awful at dealing with Air Shooter. I also notice by playing him and some other local Corrin players, that they LOVE to land with nair, even if it is on shield. That being said, if you're good at Mega's footstool combo, and they end up landing on your shield with a nair or dair, which they usually do, then uh... you know the rest.

This is something Corrin mains should really do less of, due to the fact that they get less off of it than they think (though there are some times where it does catch me off guard, but it was easy to see that it's a pattern that they have). This led to me getting 3 footstool combos on Jester and leading to me finally winning. Regardless of it being a very meh landing option, at least in my experience, it's a very good combo breaker in the air. Mega Man can't do Dthrow fair at all on her unless he wants to eat a nair and then be put into a juggle situation (which is why I just do dthrow, buffer turnaround, bair).

It may just be a habit some Corrin players have, but it's a pretty bad habit, and should probably be fixed soon.

verbatim

Smash Ace
Japan has won every major crew battle on the back of someone's amazing performance.

Ranai took 2 stocks from Ally and 3 from Nairo to win FAT.

Ranai 3 stocked Falln and took 2 stocks from ZeRo at Genesis 3.

Going into TBH6 Kie and Shogun were (although still amazing) incomparable to everyone else in crews, but Kie had back to back amazing performances to make up the gap, taking 5 stocks (iirc) from Marss and Tweek in the first match and 6 stocks from Ally and Ray in the second.

Big Points that I think are likely to come up in the crew battle (assuming 5v5)

• ZeRo has a dominant record on Komo and Abadango, and has shown a lot of adaptation towards the Megaman and Olimar matchups that he has previously had trouble with. For Japan to win Kamemushi/Shuton/T(wildcard) will probably have to have an especially strong performance against him.
  • Shuton will almost certainly lose to Dabuz, but can potentially beat ZeRo or Salem.
  • Abadango will almost assuredly lose to ZeRo/Salem but can potentially beat Nairo as well as Dabuz/AnTi (less likely but doable)
  • Characters are locked, so AnTi is locked into Mario, BUT Komorikiri can't go Sonic against him. Abadango can't counterpick ZeRo, Dabuz can't go Olimar, etc

Also America is helped out a lot by the fact that KEN isn't here. He'd be favored to beat Nairo, Dabuz, AnTi, favored to lose to ZeRo, and unknown vs Salem, just going off of head to heads. I'd say they're the favorites to win but Japan always makes magic happen.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Japan would've definitely lost if Dabuz had stayed on the East Coast team instead of Tweek.
Let's not forget what Kie did to Rayquaza, shall we? If they had sent in Dabuz where they would have sent in Tweek Japan would have probably still won, but it would have been closer.

I do wish they added enough people to make a 10v10. I want more crews.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think a fair 10 v 10 crew battle would ever have a realstic chance to happen, as amazing as the idea sounds. The best I can think of would be USA vs International with Ally, Mr r, MKLeo and Zero playing for the international team alongside the best japanese players and the top 10 US players on the other side. And even that is stretching things into the realms of whishful thinking I'm afraid.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
I don't think a fair 10 v 10 crew battle would ever have a realstic chance to happen, as amazing as the idea sounds. The best I can think of would be USA vs International with Ally, Mr r, MKLeo and Zero playing for the international team alongside the best japanese players and the top 10 US players on the other side. And even that is stretching things into the realms of whishful thinking I'm afraid.

that doesnt sound fair that sounds like a beatdown for the US. two of the best players in the world (ally and zero) and a top 7(isH) in mr. r backed by the best mk player? can't see how that comes close to being fair. and they would also probably have kamame and aba as well. what would the us bring to deal with that?
also when isfrostbite?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
10v10 with Japan, US, and International...

International:
Ally
SuperGirlKels
ZeRo
Mr. R
iStudying
S1-14
MKLeo
Wonf
Sodrek
Cyve

Japan:
Komorikiri
Ranai
Kamemushi
KEN
Abadango
Earth
HIKARU
Taiheita
Kie
Shuton

USA:
Nairo
Dabuz
VoiD
Larry Lurr
ANTi
Salem
Marss
Zinoto
Mew2King
Mr. E

I tried. I think US and Japan are fairly even here, but I don't see how you'd make international really competitive in a 10v10 format. In a 5v5 you get Leo/ZeRo/Mr. R/Ally + whatever, but they run out of gas really quickly after that.

Edit: I read Gheb's post wrong lol oops. I'm tired. This is still interesting to think about tho.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Ally
MKLeo
ZeRo
Mr. R
iStudying/SuperGirlKels
This looks like a good International 5v5. Ally, MKLeo, ZeRo, and Mr. R are all arguable top 10 players and iStudying and SGK can definitely hold their own. S1, Wonf, Sodrek, and Cyve are all gonna get blown out.

For international, I'd do this:
Ally
SuperGirlKels
MKLeo
ZeRo
Mr. R
iStudying
Hyuga
Serge
S1-14
Sodrek

I think Hyuga and Serge -> Wonf and Cyve if we could actually pick anyone, I think that'd be better.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Hyuga is excluded for obvious reasons

Not so sure about Serge > Wonf, though. Wonf is starting to look like Mexico's 2nd best players from the recent tournaments I've seen.

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
My thoughts on :4link:vs:4charizard::
This MU is volatile; both characters have to play carefully and get punished hard if they jump the gun.

Charizard has the better throw game, killing earlier, Dthrow>Fair at low %s and because Char's heavy+floaty physics make Link not have Dthrow combos guaranteed. His jab is a very fine jab that chain's or combos (not sure what is true) into other options and kill confirms like upB. Char's flare blitz punishes reckless rolling and projectile spam hard. Charizard has an easier time recovering from offstage. Char's OoS is great but Link shouldn't be upclose hitting his shield so it doesn't come into play as much as some other MUs. Char has some nasty kill moves like Bair on top of all that.

Link can punish hard too. His DA is like DDD's in terms of kill power and reaches over the lower platforms of BF. Although Link loses his grab combos he has an easy time juggling Char and other confirms like Bomb>Fair. Zair and grab both outrange Charizards aerials and tilts and Link has a big disjointed sword vs Charizard's normals which have no armor/intangibility (like Bowser's arms) except on Uair and frame 22-25 Fsmash. Link's Dair when fresh overpowers Flare Blitz and can bounce on flame thrower and 2nd hit Charizard for 11%. Link can tether the ledge and wait until flame thrower dies out before reeling in.

In general Link controls the match but has to be very careful. Charizard must approach and is a huge target. Platforms help Charizard's Uthrow kill early but also let Link platform camp and make Char's landings hell. IMO Char does best on FD due to the lack of platforms. Link's walling is long enough to get past Char's tilts and reach (Link does well vs Mewtwo because this too). Link can survive a long time like Charizard and actually challenge Flame thrower and Flare Blitz with attacks. Char wins in CQC and has strong reward. IMO the stage list favors Link more if he knows to play passively.

IMO it's +/-1 Link/Charizard.
Ah that explains it, I play on For Glory so stagewise that's in zard's favor, I actually prefer this matchup explanation as it's more unbiased and explains both characters options properly. I have nailed link players with bair and have used rock smash and flamethrower to make them look bad. Flamethrower if you approach a platform from the side can get around shields and lower them too (though shield damaged in this way tend to regenerate more quickly) rock smash I always use to counter upsmash due to super armor...nine times out of ten it interrupts upsmash due to upsmash being a three hit combo.

verbatim

Smash Ace

Ally/Mr R./Leo/Komorikri/Kameme/KEN/Ranai/Earth/Wonf/Abadango sounds terrifying. Of course getting 10 top intl players that want to do a crew battle to one event is a logistical pipe dream.

Oh a billion people responded first, either way, ZeRo's been in America for years and I doubt that he would want to play for team international.

Last edited:

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyluQSUkDvk
While this whole video's pretty cool, at 1:42 there's a clip of Kie's Peach getting a combo and killing Mewtwo at 21 after the Up-B hits.

21%

Oh and did I mention it confirms out of Dair?
If it makes you feel any better, there's pretty much no way to land this consistently.

It's extremely difficult to land just the first hit of parasol (the one which has the absurdly high set knockback as seen here), and the example shown here is particularly extreme given that: a) Mewtwo weighs about as much as a feather and b) Peach had a lot of rage on her side.

Also the not-so-insignificant fact that if you mess up (and if you're going for a set-up like this that's more likely than not, even for amazing Peach players) you're left massively open for punishment.

Parasol kills are actually surprisingly viable, but you're far more likely to have success landing all of the hits for moderate kill power, as opposed to just the first hit for insane kill power.

If you're not scared of Zelda's Farore's Wind Elevator or Jigglypuff's Rest, there's no real reason to be scared of this.

Illuminose

Smash Ace
for an international team that excluded japan, id probably go something like this

Ally
MK Leo
Mr. R
Wonf
Serge
Sodrek
iStudying
S1-14
pick 2 (doesn't matter which): Ixis J.Miller cyve quiK Glutonny Elexiao

Key313

Smash Cadet
If it makes you feel any better, there's pretty much no way to land this consistently.

It's extremely difficult to land just the first hit of parasol (the one which has the absurdly high set knockback as seen here), and the example shown here is particularly extreme given that: a) Mewtwo weighs about as much as a feather and b) Peach had a lot of rage on her side.

Also the not-so-insignificant fact that if you mess up (and if you're going for a set-up like this that's more likely than not, even for amazing Peach players) you're left massively open for punishment.

Parasol kills are actually surprisingly viable, but you're far more likely to have success landing all of the hits for moderate kill power, as opposed to just the first hit for insane kill power.

If you're not scared of Zelda's Farore's Wind Elevator or Jigglypuff's Rest, there's no real reason to be scared of this.
It's really not that hard to hit with just the first hit of the parasol. You just move into them/under and reverse it. It's quite easy to pull off on Jigglypuff and a bigger target like Mewtwo makes it easier. Also you can do it off of dtilt too. That's probably the easier way to do it but it can be teched. This has use at least up to Zelda in weight. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJCCY8GVpL8

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Looks like Corrin took a few pages from Mega Man and got herself a couple of confirms from item footstools. OoS footstool z-drop into tipper Dragon Lunge is true regardless of which way you DI.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It works on everyone that has a z-droppable item except the Links. The Bomb explosions send them at an angle where DL won't even connect, sadly...

It confirms into Dragon Fang Shot however. :troll:

Most importantly, it works with Diddy's Banana.

Dragon Lunge is so busted. Lol

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
At the Percent it's shown working at on Toon Link, would DFS actually kill Link with no rage?

Either way that's terrifying, Dragon Lunge might be one of the single scariest moves in the game.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Let's not forget what Kie did to Rayquaza, shall we? If they had sent in Dabuz where they would have sent in Tweek Japan would have probably still won, but it would have been closer.

I do wish they added enough people to make a 10v10. I want more crews.
How can it get closer than 1 stock left at 130%+? IIRC Tweek had one of the weaker performances in the crew battle too.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I was thinking about the Kameme combo recently, and how much Mega Man's inherent properties play into its effectiveness.

Mega Man is tied for 1st place in terms of air acceleration (with Peach and Palutena), but is also tied for 14th in terms of air speed (much faster than Peach and Palutena). The result is that the percentage window for Mega Man to z-drop footstool is a lot higher compared to other characters with items, so even though someone like Bowser Jr. CAN do something like it, he's just not fast enough to keep doing it beyond low percents.

I also thought I'd elaborate on my statement that Ike is a scarier opponent for Mewtwo than Cloud is, because I realize that might sound ridiculous.

Cloud is a better character than Ike by far. I don't think I need to explain why. Winning neutral against him is a challenge, but every time you hit Cloud it counts for something. He's on the lower half of the roster in terms of weight, so once you reach a certain reasonable point you know that fair, up throw, back throw, etc. will definitely kill. Every time you knock him off-stage, you can potentially turn the match around. Moreover, Cloud's KO moves, while all decent to amazing, still require him to do something special: get a read on f-smash, have limit on deck to Cross Slash, and so on.

Ike's neutral might not be as good as Cloud's, but the length of his sword is bothersome for Mewtwo, who's used to otherwise being able to keep opponents out with down tilt. The penalty for losing that spacing battle is also severe because of how hard Ike hits. Ike also has throw combos that work well against Mewtwo. The killer, in my opinion, is how heavy Ike is. He's among the heaviest characters in the game, so back throw isn't that great. He's also a pretty fast faller, so up throw won't kill for a long time. All you do is make Ike angrier and angrier, and when you're playing that footsies battle with him at high percents, suddenly everything he does is deadly. It's not like Cloud where you mostly have to worry about key attacks, even basic tilts for Ike become kill moves.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Looks like Corrin took a few pages from Mega Man and got herself a couple of confirms from item footstools. OoS footstool z-drop into tipper Dragon Lunge is true regardless of which way you DI.

It works on everyone that has a z-droppable item except the Links. The Bomb explosions send them at an angle where DL won't even connect, sadly...

I don't get what's so special about this.

Other characters using metal blade for kill confirms is nothing new.

:150:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
How can it get closer than 1 stock left at 130%+? IIRC Tweek had one of the weaker performances in the crew battle too.
It really can't get closer. However, what I meant was that not only did Kie take 3 stocks without losing 1, but he played very safe and lived past 180 while still getting the job done.

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
but every time you hit Cloud it counts for something. He's on the lower half of the roster in terms of weight
Isnt Cloud technically a Heavyweight though? His weight is 100, 17th highest in the game

Every other part of this is true though. Mewtwo vs Ike is even but much MUCH more stressful for Mewtwo than it is for Ike. I'd rather just do Ike dittos.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Isnt Cloud technically a Heavyweight though? His weight is 100, 17th highest in the game

Every other part of this is true though. Mewtwo vs Ike is even but much MUCH more stressful for Mewtwo than it is for Ike. I'd rather just do Ike dittos.
Yes. Cloud also falls a little bit faster than Ike.

NairWizard

Somewhere
There's a poster named "mario sucks" viewing this thread and as the biggest proponent for Mario's top tier status in here, I am both moderately amused and triggered.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
This is nothing new, and we all know this is very possible by now, but it still stuns me when I see something like this...

(This is actually a very good set, I recommend you all watch this in full)

Makes me laugh when people say along the lines of "Aura is all Lucario has going for him". So what if it's all he has going for him (which is completely wrong anyway)? As shown here, it can win him games in an instant. The sheer power and knockback of an Aura Lucario... I can't find the correct word to describe it... amazing, shocking, stunning, dumb... I think all of those would fit one way or another.

I've been following the Mexican scene a lot more closely lately, if mainly because I use Marth and Bayonetta (Leo, Wonf, Chag, all good players I can be learning from). If you aren't subbed to Hydra Pro Gaming, I recommend you give them a sub. Every week, there's always some fantastic stuff to see, along with some good character diversity (seeing Charizard quite commonly is pretty cool).

Also, listening to those Mexican commentators get hype, yet not having a clue what they are saying is rather fun.

Last edited:

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
So uhh... Is Falco just a poor mans Luigi?
I don't think that we should try to compare the two characters. They have their similarities with each other, but even though Falco is the lower tiered character, there are a number of things Luigi wishes he had from him:
-Functional tilts
-disjointed aerials
-better side b
-Reflector (probably the thing Luigi wants most)
Falco isn't just a inferior Luigi. He has a competent footsies game and a way to combat projectile games that doesn't involve shielding. To call Falco just an inferior Luigi is over simplifying things to an extreme. I'm not denying that Falco is lacking in a lot of ways that Luigi isn't. And I'm not denying that the both want to do the same thing in almost any MU: get in and do damage. But they have different tools to do that.

D

Deleted member

This is nothing new, and we all know this is very possible by now, but it still stuns me when I see something like this...

(This is actually a very good set, I recommend you all watch this in full)

Makes me laugh when people say along the lines of "Aura is all Lucario has going for him". So what if it's all he has going for him (which is completely wrong anyway)? As shown here, it can win him games in an instant. The sheer power and knockback of an Aura Lucario... I can't find the correct word to describe it... amazing, shocking, stunning, dumb... I think all of those would fit one way or another.

I've been following the Mexican scene a lot more closely lately, if mainly because I use Marth and Bayonetta (Leo, Wonf, Chag, all good players I can be learning from). If you aren't subbed to Hydra Pro Gaming, I recommend you give them a sub. Every week, there's always some fantastic stuff to see, along with some good character diversity (seeing Charizard quite commonly is pretty cool).

Also, listening to those Mexican commentators get hype, yet not having a clue what they are saying is rather fun.
Yeah, Hydra Pro Gaming always has fantastic sets on display. I pay attention to players like Wonf to take notes for my Bayonetta.

Speaking of, this is a really good set I just found:

YerTheBestAROUND YerTheBestAROUND a few pages ago brought up why he believed Shulk/Cloud could be potentially even, and this is a good showcase of the matchup overall. Fuerza is the best Shulk in Mexico as well.

There's a poster named "mario sucks" viewing this thread and as the biggest proponent for Mario's top tier status in here, I am both moderately amused and triggered.
Yeah, she's my friend. Tends to just lurk a lot around here.

she's still a sheik main but won't admit it

Anyways, a decently stacked tournament happened in Mexico recently. Dunno if it will count for the rankings but here it is:

OVA #2 Salto de Fe (October 22, 2017 - 72 entrants)

1) Wonf :4bayonetta::4sonic:
2) SF Richi :4lucario:
3) Serge :4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4feroy:
4) CLG NAKAT :4fox::4sheik::4ness:
5) Pollo :4bowser:
5) TFY FuerzaDON:4shulk:
6) Kaoz :4rob:(?)
7) SF Klein :4ryu:
9) D Chag :4bayonetta:
9) BryanZ :4mario::4diddy:
9) SF Citi :4gaw:
9) TFY La Riata :4bowserjr:

Last edited by a moderator:

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
Yeah, Hydra Pro Gaming always has fantastic sets on display. I pay attention to players like Wonf to take notes for my Bayonetta.

Speaking of, this is a really good set I just found:

YerTheBestAROUND YerTheBestAROUND a few pages ago brought up why he believed Shulk/Cloud could be potentially even, and this is a good showcase of the matchup overall. Fuerza is the best Shulk in Mexico as well.

Yeah, she's my friend. Tends to just lurk a lot around here.

she's still a sheik main but won't admit it

Anyways, a decently stacked tournament happened in Mexico recently. Dunno if it will count for the rankings but here it is:

OVA #2 Salto de Fe (October 22, 2017 - 72 entrants)

1) Wonf :4bayonetta::4sonic:
2) SF Richi :4lucario:
3) Serge :4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4feroy:
4) CLG NAKAT :4fox::4sheik::4ness:
5) Pollo :4bowser:
5) TFY FuerzaDON:4shulk:
6) Kaoz :4rob:(?)
7) SF Klein :4ryu:
9) D Chag :4bayonetta:
9) BryanZ :4mario::4diddy:
9) SF Citi :4gaw:
9) TFY La Riata :4bowserjr:
I don't know why, but I feel like Wonf is a very not talked about/underrated player in most regions outside of Mexico. Then again, I'm pretty sure he doesn't travel that often.

D

Deleted member

I don't know why, but I feel like Wonf is a very not talked about/underrated player in most regions outside of Mexico. Then again, I'm pretty sure he doesn't travel that often.
He really doesn't get the attention he deserves. Hell, he sent MKLeo to Losers back at Smash Factor 5. He doesn't travel often, but most Mexican players don't. One of the best Sonic and Bayonetta players out there imo.

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC

evilest.gif

D

Deleted member

Also got another important heads up.

Canada Cup 2016 (pools here) is happening this weekend from the 28th-30th. Lot of notable players are going, and it's the first tourament MKLeo is going to ever since he got his Visa!

C9 Ally:4mario:
SF HDG MKLeo:4marth::4metaknight::4cloud2:
MVG | FOX Mew2King:4cloud2:
AGN San:4myfriends:
LGS EMG Blacktwins :4mario::4cloud2:
AGN PikaPika! :4cloud:
Poke:4luigi::4dk:
IceNinja :4palutena:
DA NinjaLink :4bayonetta::4greninja::4megaman:
DarkAura :4greninja:
TEG Alphicans :4littlemac:
HS Deathorse :4mewtwo:
[BASE] Yoh :4diddy::4sheik:
EGE Chrim Foish :4diddy:

Last edited by a moderator:

YerTheBestAROUND

Smash Journeyman
Playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild for eternity.
At the Percent it's shown working at on Toon Link, would DFS actually kill Link with no rage?

Either way that's terrifying, Dragon Lunge might be one of the single scariest moves in the game.
The video shows the combo in training mode, where rage and stale moves don't become factors. So yeah it should work with no rage then, what I'd like to see is these combos not in training mode and if rage affects them working or not.

Last edited:

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
People have made their own confirms off of Metal Blade before in training mode, but I've yet to see anyone try them on me, or even in an actual game. It's cool that people are learning to find ways to make use of Metal Blade, but nobody is even attempting to implicate it in an actual match.

I'm not going to say that they're impractical, because they're not. But what I want to see is more people trying to actually use Metal Blade optimally instead of just chucking it when you get it, because Metal Blade is such a big part of pushing Mega Man's advantage.

Last edited:

McGyverAC

Dragon's Sin of Wrath
NNID
McGyverAC
Cosmos actually won a match just using pin. Which means that there is no reason to not hold the metal blade/banana/turnip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom