• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List v1.0 - Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Luigi's dash attack is a running gag in Smash, done both to humiliate him and highlight his relative ineptitude (or cowardice) at starting a fight, same with Green Missile.

64 dash attack would likely be the worst dash attack in the entire series if :kirbymelee:'s wasn't a thing (with a dishonourable mention to :mewtwomelee:). Especially frustrating in that Burning was a great concept for a dash attack but horribly executed in every way imaginable.

Each game added something to the fists of fury, Melee made it actually hit multiple times, Brawl gave it a finishing hit and now it links properly. But no matter what it's always going to be a very inefficient move.

Kirby on the other hand, holds the distinction of having had a different dash attack in every game until now. His first one was probably the best since it was the least unsafe and could start combos.

As for Luigi's tilts, dtilt is another one of those "joke" moves, a rare case where it's utility is almost exactly the same as ftilt, a very basic poke, but with the added benefit. In 64 it was one of two moves that were completely distinct from Mario, and it was strictly inferior to Mario's. Now, I call it the "woopsie-daisy" kick, due to it's tripping and having the perfect angle for causing For Glory players to accidentally input a move as they're falling off a ledge. Ftilt... there are many, many examples of outclassed ftilts. Anything leveled against Luigi's can also be said for Mario and Doc's. Other obsolete ftilts: :4falcon:, :4diddy:, :4fox:, :4mewtwo:,:4zss:, :4palutena:, :4kirby:, :4pikachu:, :4rob:, :rosalina:... all these characters generally only use them as basic pivot moves and nothing more.
Luigi's dash attack was unsafe on-hit in Brawl on grounded opponents, AFAIK you could always shield (powershield?) the last hit because Brawl's hitstun was so abysmal. It's still a bad attack but at least it's a little improved from that.

Mewtwo's FTilt is longer-ranged than DTilt which gives it a small bit of utility.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Yep. Eddy and iStudying made it to top 64. Unfortunately, Eddy will be going against Mr. R first round. RIP (not really, but he will most likely be sent to losers I think).

Also, there are 4 :4rob:s in top 64: Long0uw, ccst, Robo~Luigi, and Miguel. :4rob: may get some good results from BEAST 6.

Source: https://smash.gg/tournament/beast-6/brackets/10660/10838/38057
Eddy's side of the bracket looks really tough. If by some prayer he beats Mr. R he goes right into Izaw!

istudying has better luck tho. If he keeps winning he won't worry about MVD till top 16(?)

I think istudying can beat him, but that's just me ;)

:150:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
basically this

-Bowser Jr, Kirby, G&W, Marth, and WFT all have better results.
-Lucas and Mewtwo have better movesets/tools.

Roy and Falco should be at the bottom of F imo
DO I HEAR FOUR?

Because no, Falco shouldn't be at the bottom of F-Tier. He has so many things that would make him seemingly a middle or even a high tier character. His mobility is somewhat of an issue, but that hasn't stopped him in Melee and Brawl, his recovery is actually very splendid for a character his class and especially his mobility, and he has some of the fastest attacks in the game accompanied by some very powerful kill moves.

Not only that, but he has so much combo potential with his U-Throw, with any of his aerials linking together from the attack on various characters; D-Air is the rarest to use since it's not as good as the rest, but B-Air is a really great move to use after it for its F4 speed and its power, and let's not forget it can link into another B-Air when Falco can reach.

I'm still experimenting with Falco, but I think he has what it takes to be a high or a top tier; you can say his mobility is bad, but if you look at Brawl or Melee, his mobility was barely a problem. So what's the matter for this game?

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Interesting, zinoto must be pretty good with Diddy when playing the match up against Rosa Luma.

Apeirohaon

Smash Apprentice
I'd guess Falco's poor mobility was less of a problem in past games because lasers (partially/mostly) made up for it

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
DO I HEAR FOUR?

Because no, Falco shouldn't be at the bottom of F-Tier. He has so many things that would make him seemingly a middle or even a high tier character. His mobility is somewhat of an issue, but that hasn't stopped him in Melee and Brawl, his recovery is actually very splendid for a character his class and especially his mobility, and he has some of the fastest attacks in the game accompanied by some very powerful kill moves.

Not only that, but he has so much combo potential with his U-Throw, with any of his aerials linking together from the attack on various characters; D-Air is the rarest to use since it's not as good as the rest, but B-Air is a really great move to use after it for its F4 speed and its power, and let's not forget it can link into another B-Air when Falco can reach.

I'm still experimenting with Falco, but I think he has what it takes to be a high or a top tier; you can say his mobility is bad, but if you look at Brawl or Melee, his mobility was barely a problem. So what's the matter for this game?
Lasers made it so that his mobility didn't matter. When you can approach safely with lasers or wait for the opponent to get near, being sluggish doesn't matter.

In this game, falco has no way to force an approach. This makes his poor mobility a big issue

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Lasers made it so that his mobility didn't matter. When you can approach safely with lasers or wait for the opponent to get near, being sluggish doesn't matter.

In this game, falco has no way to force an approach. This makes his poor mobility a big issue
Actually, he still has his lasers, and they're better than you can imagine.

Plus, he can still wait for the opponent to come to him; he can just hit them faster than they can come hit him. He has a Frame 3 N-Air and a Frame 4 B-Air. The only character who can actually challenge that with their aerials is Sheik, who has a Frame 3 N-Air and Frame 4 B-Air and U-Air.

However, against characters with worse frame data or hitbox placements, Falco can succeed against them. He's got an extremely powerful attack in B-Air, some of the best edge-guarding game, especially due to F-Air and B-Air, and has a pretty unpredictable aerial game, and it's again, thanks to B-Air coming out so fast. I've found through some testing (and playing) that Falco's B-Air is one of his biggest boons in this game, as it's fast and extremely powerful, but I won't write out his fast N-Air and his powerful Smash Attacks, which I find that using his D-Smash is a good KO setup into an edge-guard KO confirm, and...

U-Smash can beat any getup outside of an attack getup. That's a very potent attack in and of itself, and with its ability to actually setup into read aerials, it's not all that bad.

I'd guess Falco's poor mobility was less of a problem in past games because lasers (partially/mostly) made up for it
So? At least in this game, he still retains some amazing and wonderful frame data to make up for that mobility, as well as extremely powerful attacks in damage and KB.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Quick question, why are we having a Falco discussion without Ffamran Ffamran ?

C'mon pal, let's hear your take!

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
DO I HEAR FOUR?

Falcos got nothing on people that out-projectile him or can easily shieldgrab him, his approaches are awful with nothing safe. His fair is the safest approach he has, and thats only if the opponent doesnt know how to time the punish after the landing hitbox. With his severely nerfed lasers, he pretty much has to rely on approaching in every matchup.

He was nerfed majorly in the department of converting offensive pressure into grabs. Since hes so slow, he cant exactly just run up and grab people do deal with the fact that he is so weak against shields. If falco had aerial pressure that could lead into a grab like if his fair had less landing lag then he would be so much better. As it stands though he cant reliably do anything to people who just block his approaches, they can then stuff any grab attempt by him.

His bair is one of the best moves in the game, thats it though.

Last edited:

Megamang

Smash Lord
Larry, your tier list ranges from top to high. Who is low?

Anyways, Zinoto making Rosaluma look pretty even to me. Diddys like to say that she crushes him, but his mobility and banana seem to be working wonders. And, d-tilt usmash kills her earlier than most. As a commenter said, monkey flip is solid against untethered luma. And its hard for me to imagine that Zinoto is much better than Dabuz.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Falco's bair is real good, too bad it has the range of a chicken drumstick

EDIT: Corrin's up air is great, her nair is the most annoyingly good thing ever. As a Cloud main, her nair makes me jealous.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I seem to remember that prepatch Diddy did really well against Rosalina. If my memory isn't faulty, have his nerfs/changes really changed that much to turn it in Rosalina's favor (at least in the public mind)?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, with how well Corrin is doing, perhaps it would be better to dub her Sword Mario instead of Cloud? :laugh: Corrin's just a solid character without any real glaring weaknesses. Only thing I can think of her lacking is set ups throws but with her Lanky Kong reach, they're still good for positioning and she does still have two kill throws to compensate for this.

Landing options? Check.
Reliable kill set ups? Check.
Good jab? Check.
Good tilts? Check.
Attacks that can kill early if used right? Check.
Reliable recovery? Check.
Spammable projectile? Check.
Good reach? Check.
Good aerials? Check.

This character doesn't really want for anything.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
So, with how well Corrin is doing, perhaps it would be better to dub her Sword Mario instead of Cloud? :laugh: Corrin's just a solid character without any real glaring weaknesses. Only thing I can think of her lacking is set ups throws but with her Lanky Kong reach, they're still good for positioning and she does still have two kill throws to compensate for this.

Landing options? Check.
Good jab? Check.
Good tilts? Check.
Good reach? Check.
Good aerials? Check.

I wonder if you had a stroke and forgot having a good run speed is important in this game? :p

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Kofu Kofu
I really do think the Upair nerf put it in Rosa's favour. It was discussed in the past here as Rosa having an easier time with him now. Not sure if there was another reason for why that was the case however.

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice
Well they could want faster air speed but then again which character doesn't want that XD
I hear mix things on the recovery UPB though

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I wonder if you had a stroke and forgot having a good run speed is important in this game? :p

They don't exactly lack mobility options though. Like Bowser Jr. her dash isn't super impressive but she does have ways of quickly getting around.

DblCrest DblCrest : It's not the best but it's multifunctional. It recovers as well as Marth or Mario's plus it can kill off the top like ZSS or Metaknight.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43

Landing options? Check.
Good jab? Check.
Good tilts? Check.
Good reach? Check.
Good aerials? Check.

Grab game, which is really important. Mobility isn't great either. Bad grab range plus a lack of throw combos plus meh mobility to get into said poor grab range means shield is a pretty significant problem. Corrin's a character who becomes significantly less scary once you play defensively and abuse shield.

Djent

Smash Champion
:4diddy: is really freaking good. No other character can boast even matchups against Sheik/ZSS (the latter might even be in his favor). On top of that, he might also beat MK and seems to have what it takes to combat Bayo on paper. His bad MUs (Sonic/Fox/Rosa) aren't even that bad in the end (none worse than -1 for sure, and some may wind up as even). Even with competition fiercer than ever, he looks like the most obvious pick for top 5 other than the 3 S-tiers.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Anyone think that some of the low/bottom tiers may have a niche against some of the high tiers? For example, I absolutely can't stand the Villager vs Palutena matchup and for the life of me I can't really figure out how to go about it. If a Palutena knows what they're doing, this match up absolutely sucks and I actually hate it more than the Rosalina matchup.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Grab game, which is really important. Mobility isn't great either. Bad grab range plus a lack of throw combos plus meh mobility to get into said poor grab range means shield is a pretty significant problem. Corrin's a character who becomes significantly less scary once you play defensively and abuse shield.
Well, the general strategy against conventional swordfighters is not being aggressive. But yes, aside from clutch D-Throw kills, Kamui's throws do nothing. F-Throw's animation being so fast, sending nowhere, but having too much end lag to combo is imo direct teasing from the development team on how Kamui would do if F-Throw could actually do anything. At least :4cloud2: has some options of his throws even if they are "trash".

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Funny you say that

I remember I used to use mewtwo only to beat Villagers :p

Now I use him on other stuff but still

Illuminose

Smash Ace
hello Djent Djent

diddy vs sheik is not even. needles & the off-stage make this at least 55-45 in sheik's favor if not 60-40.

he still loses the matchup to rosa like 6-4, dabuz was playing utterly awful & has literally never lost to a diddy before this tournament since 1.0.6, including easily beating both zinoto and nietono's diddys at tournament last month.

please don't jump too quickly too conclusions here.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Melee: Blaster, Reflector (Shine), and the highest fall speed in any Smash game. Translation: Blaster is the most versatile projectile in Melee (and in 64 when it belonged to Fox): works for zoning, approaching, edgeguarding, and hit confirming, Reflector was a frame 1 hit confirm to combos and kills, pressured shields, has I-frames, stalls him in the air, and reflects projectiles, and having a fall speed of 3.1 in Melee meant he had insane vertical survivability despite being a lightweight.

Brawl: Blaster, Falco Phantasm, and chain-grabs. Translation: Blaster is the best projectile in any fighting game, period. It is also the most broken projectile in any fighting game. Does everything in Melee, but way better. Falco Phantasm's frame 16 startup, I-frames, fast travel speed, and lowered recovery from Melee meant it was insane for recovering onto the stage and as a burst movement and chain-grabs in Melee and predominantly in Brawl meant he could rack up fast, stupid damage with almost little risk and almost no escape.

Blaster defined Falco's gameplay to the point of ludicrousness. Mobility meant jack **** to Falco when he could put a hitbox in front of him, move behind it, and when he gets close to you, force you to guess which area he will be in. And he could do this repeatedly over and over and over. In Brawl, Falco gets to put 2 hitboxes in front of him, above and ground level, and he does the same thing: move behind it and force you guess where he will be and what option he'll take when he's right next to you. Once again, he could do this over and over and over.

Blaster wasn't Sonic Boom, it wasn't Venom Strike, and it wasn't Earring Bomb. Why? Because in those games, the developers were sensible enough to give those projectiles the right amount of startup and recovery, so while Guile, King, and Leona could follow their projectiles, they couldn't plaster the freaking screen with them. Sonic Boom and Venom Strike had startup and recovery in such a way where you cannot plaster the screen with them, but you can pick an option with them. So while you could throw out another, it's not going to be at the levels of Falco's click, click, and click. Earring Bomb had at a minimum of 22 frames of startup which is just a frame off of Melee Blaster's grounded startup. It has 0 frames of recovery for the hard version. 0? Isn't that like Falco's auto-cancel Blaster? Yes, if the projectile traveled at around Wolf's Blaster speed, had an even smaller hitbox, arced like Link's softly thrown Bomb, and each hard Earring Bomb would force Leona to stand in place and go through 22 frames of startup while Melee Falco's would be 19 frames (6 frame jump + 13 frame aerial Blaster startup) and Brawl's would be 15 (6 frame jump + 9 frame aerial Blaster startup) after he jumps moving or not. Oh, and different games where in KoF XIII, projectiles aren't as annoying to deal with compared to in Smash in general.

Falco's Bair and Dair meant nothing without Reflector in Melee. A character can have so many "good" moves with good frame data, but if they can't bypass something dominant in the game, then it means nothing. Reflector was the hit confirm and without it, Falco would probably have been mid-tier at best since all he'd have is Blaster and you can at least learn to shield those and force Falco to commit with a move more easily reacted to. Take Blaster out too and Falco's probably low to bottom tier because he'd be too slow, have no means to approach or zone, lacked any reliable, broken hit confirms, and was easily juggled and gimped.

Dair meant nothing in Brawl without D-throw to set it up and even then, Falco was better off going for dash attack to Up Smash. Speaking of which, Falco's gatling combo was an example of normal cancellable; dash attack is canceled into Up Smash. Special cancellable is more common e.g. Ryu or pretty much anyone in a 2D fighter. Then again, why do any of that when you could plaster the screen with lasers, chip damage them, force them to commit, and punish? In most cases, that punish would be through chain-grabbing D-throw. Note how Blaster is involved... Does anyone honestly think Falco would be able to chain-grab anyone in Brawl with his ground speed alone? Blaster invalidated people's options to move in without getting pelted and dealing with hit stun. Take that out and... Oh, look, Ganondorf might have a "positive" MU against Falco in Brawl because of that. Have fun trying to chain-grab someone who outranges you and hits harder than you. You're awfully predictable now, Falco.

Falcos got nothing on people that out-projectile him or can easily shieldgrab him, his approaches are awful with nothing safe. His fair is the safest approach he has, and thats only if the opponent doesnt know how to time the punish after the landing hitbox. With his severely nerfed lasers, he pretty much has to rely on approaching in every matchup.

He was nerfed majorly in the department of converting offensive pressure into grabs. Since hes so slow, he cant exactly just run up and grab people do deal with the fact that he is so weak against shields. If falco had aerial pressure that could lead into a grab like if his fair had less landing lag then he would be so much better. As it stands though he cant reliably do anything to people who just block his approaches, they can then stuff any grab attempt by him.

His bair is one of the best moves in the game, thats it though.
Fair shouldn't have had a landing hit because it's just degenerate and the landing animation does not imply anything remotely close to a hit. Why it even had 32 landing frames in Brawl and at launch is beyond me, but it's probably the reason why it has a landing hit in the first place. At the same time, Fair shouldn't have lower landing lag than 25... Hello, Pikachu Fair with your 15 frame landing lag.

They took out broken options per game. Nobody can say that his Blaster and Reflector were fair moves in Melee and nobody can say his Blaster and Falco Phantasm were not overpowered in Brawl or in the case of Falco Phantasm, as a concept. The cost of all of this is: approaching, zoning, hit confirm tools, and fantastic burst movement.

Mechanical and "streamlined" changes also hurt him. Falco, like Triple D, greatly benefited from chain-grabs in Brawl. Those are gone and in my opinion, was a healthy change as chain-grabs were really busted in Brawl compared to Melee, but even then, chain-grabs shouldn't exist. Grab resets? Sure, whatever. Lowered fall speed in general killed his vertical survivability, but what's weird is that Fox was only the fastest faller in Smash 4 and the trend that Fox falls the fastest of the Star Fox characters only started in Brawl. In 64, Link was the fastest faller followed by Fox - might not really count as he was the only Star Fox character in 64 -, Melee was Falco followed by Captain Falcon and then Fox, and in Brawl, Triple D was the fastest followed by not Fox, but Captain Falcon who is followed by Fox and just barely off by Wolf.

In each game, Falco's mobility was nerfed both directly and indirectly. From Melee to Brawl, it was direct as his run and walk speed took hits from 1.5 to 1.432 and 1.4 to 1.28 and as noted, fall speed went from 3.1 to 1.708. From Brawl to Smash 4, he was indirectly nerfed as Fox's fall speed went from 1.831 to 2.05 and Fox's air speed diverged from sharing it with Falco in Melee and Brawl to being faster from 0.893 to 0.96 - yes, the fox is faster and more comfortable in the air than the bird. If we assume they also shared air accelerations, then Fox having 0.08 air acceleration to Falco's 0.07 is also another indirect nerf.

Normals-wise, Falco's pretty much the same. Bold statement: Falco's moveset is among the best in the game. Problem: Falco. No, not Falco's mobility or Falco's stats, but Falco himself. Falco's character design is what's capping him off right now. Why? The reason why I say his moves are among the best is that few if any characters share the traits of having moves that kill and combo at the same time. The speed, damage, and knockback on Falco's moves are absurd. His trait of having the highest jump is a double-edged sword for Falco. While it allows him to follow off of Uair whenever and while it is the fastest way to move up and hit someone, it's, in my opinion, what is hurting Falco the most.

Look at his frame data, particularly his aerials. No character in this game has that kind of startup, that kind of power, and that kind of active frames spread out on their moves while having high jumps. This is the point where you realize that Falco cannot have good run speed or air speed because it would be way too damn abusive for him to be able to run that quickly or move that quickly through the air. He also cannot have a good projectile since it would be really stupid for him to force people to approach him so he could go to town on them. Oh, but Greninja, Rosalina, and ZSS! Greninja's aerials have high startup and despite Uair's loop hits with auto-link angles, he's probably going to SD if he tries to use it like Falco's Nair and Fair or save his opponent, Rosalina's aerials have high active frames, but they're weaker - Uair and Dair have multiple late hits - and their hitboxes aren't "on" her, and ZSS's aerials outside of Nair and Dair have low active frames not to mention ZSS can't really go off-stage like Falco, throw out an aerial, and hope for the best. His jump is why his Uair was always weaker than Fox's in Melee, got weaker in Brawl, and while sped up, made even weaker in 1.0.8 Smash 4.

As a character, after some thinking, I honestly believe that Falco's stats, particularly his jump and air speed, are "wrong". An ace pilot isn't an Olympic high jumper; an ace pilot who is an Olympic high jumper would be another story. Ace pilots are known for their flying, their ability to comfortably handle moving through the air while Olympic high jumpers are... do I really need to say? A pheasant, a flight-capable bird, isn't known for their jumps; they're known for their flying. Of the Star Fox characters, who's known for all of that? Wolf O'Donnell. In-universe, Wolf's not the ace pilot; Falco is. Wolf's a wolf not a bird; Falco's a pheasant: a bird. Wanna know what wolves are known for? In terms of mobility, grey wolves are known for their running speed, high jump, and like all landlocked animals, inability to freaking fly or move well in the air. Oh, but you said with Falco's high jump, they can't do much like have high running speed for him. Yeah, if Wolf had a high jump, Wolf's aerials... nowhere near Falco's stupidness. Wolf has high active frames on Nair and has his low recovery on Bair, but that's got nothing on Falco's Nair and Fair's potential to kill off-stage and Bair's raw speed and power. Wolf could have the best jump in the game, at least average to his good air speed, high or maybe even better than Fox's run speed - red foxes run slower than grey wolves -, and he'd still be less of a monster than Falco with the best jump, average to high run speed, and maybe below-average to average air speed. Wolf would kind of be like Greninja or ZSS than a Rosalina with high fall speed, fast startup on her aerials, and higher kill and gimping potential on her aerials.

Falco should be the Star Fox character with a low jump and high - locking it to average, so around Mario's - air speed (and high air acceleration). Low jump would cripple his recovery and his ability to juggle, but it would act as a check to what he could do with high air speed and with his aerials. Low jumps would also help his aerial pressure with Bair. A low jump like Roy's would still be high enough for Falco to auto-cancel all his aerials from a jump and auto-cancel Uair and Bair from a hop. High air speed just would fit his character as the ace pilot flying through - he's not a freaking astronaut in a rocket and Star Fox isn't about the Olympics - and gameplay-wise, it would help with his ability to move through the air and bait with aerials. Falco's already reliant on baiting by jumping around, so the ability to do low aerials and high air speed would just help. He'd lose his ability to combo high with U-throw, but he could still do what Fox does with U-throw and follow where they go. All of this would shift him from all-around comboing to horizontally-inclined which Brawl kind of shifted him to from Melee's vertically-inclined combos.

Falco's bair is real good, too bad it has the range of a chicken drumstick
Same range as Fox's Bair; just the clean hit lasts 1 frame less than Fox's 3 active frame Bair. Want long-ranged Bairs? Say hello to Bayonetta, Samus, and ZSS. Those ladies have legs.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
One of the upsides of the Villager vs Mewtwo match up is that Villager can kill Mewtwo ridiculously early with the bowling ball, tree sprout, and triple turnips. A pocketed shadow ball is also an instant shield break or a KO if you can sneak it in too. With Palutena, she can just spam reflect and force approaches. I'd argue Mewtwo's confusion requires more strict timing and is much less spammable. Palutena also has better grab options and reliable set ups out of throws against Villager. Probably one of the better examples of a lower tier trumping a higher tier in the game.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Confusion's timing is actually quite forgiving, the reflect last nearly the whole duration.

Villager's bowling balls shouldn't be killing Mewtwo, definitely not offstage. That's a risk to villagers life too

Villager can still get hit with Shadow Ball, even with pocket. I just fought a villager a couple minutes ago, and was able to hit him with it three times. Shadow Ball is too versatile to be "hard countered" by pocket.

Also, Being light doesn't matter if you don't get hit that much :p

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Ryuga :4corrinf: is in winners finals beating zinoto :4diddy: 3-2 in a close 5 set thoughts?

Dabuz:rosalina: vs :4mario: ally in loser semi finals right now.
It's hard to deny that this character's niche in tournaments at this point. I haven't seen that set yet but I imagine they were close.

Landing options? Check.
Good jab? Check.
Good tilts? Check.
Good reach? Check.
Good aerials? Check.

Well, I wouldn't say she has reliable kill set ups considering the fact that outside of her kill throw (which kills fairly late) all of her kill options are conditional. Her recovery definitely isn't reliable either, and she'd kill for faster ground Speed. So yeah, Corrin (like most of the cast) wants quite a bit.

And no more Sword Mario!

Last edited:

HoSmash4

Smash Ace
Eddy's side of the bracket looks really tough. If by some prayer he beats Mr. R he goes right into Izaw!

istudying has better luck tho. If he keeps winning he won't worry about MVD till top 16(?)

I think istudying can beat him, but that's just me ;)

Eddy used MK game 1/2 vs my sheik but tried greninja game 3 and lost in pools so he got second seed.

Djent

Smash Champion
hello Djent Djent

diddy vs sheik is not even. needles & the off-stage make this at least 55-45 in sheik's favor if not 60-40.
I don't believe this. A lot of top-level Sheiks have struggled with Diddy Kong at some point. For instance, Mr-R's record vs. top Diddies is pretty abysmal. Vinnie was one of the best at the MU, and could actually make it look bad at times, but even he succumbed to ZeRo's Diddy in the end. Even VoiD almost lost to Ryuji in pools on his way to 4th place at Genesis; Ryuji only finished 65th.
he still loses the matchup to rosa like 6-4, dabuz was playing utterly awful & has literally never lost to a diddy before this tournament since 1.0.6, including easily beating both zinoto and nietono's diddys at tournament last month.
"Dabuz has literally never lost to a ____." You can fill in that blank with a number of good characters AFAIK. When the 3rd best player in the world gets double-eliminated in a MU considered to be 6-4, that's kind of noteworthy even if he was playing poorly.

I recall Nietono holding his own vs. Dabuz (he went 0-2, but both games were fairly close EDIT: I lied, game 2 wasn't close, though Game 1 was). As strong as Nietono could be with more effort, he hasn't been taking this game seriously for a long enough amount of time to be comparable to Dabuz skill-wise.

Last edited:

Monete

Smash Cadet
Yep. Eddy and iStudying made it to top 64. Unfortunately, Eddy will be going against Mr. R first round. RIP (not really, but he will most likely be sent to losers I think).

Also, there are 4 :4rob:s in top 64: Long0uw, ccst, Robo~Luigi, and Miguel. :4rob: may get some good results from BEAST 6.

Source: https://smash.gg/tournament/beast-6/brackets/10660/10838/38057
Robo-Luigi is 5th power ranked in Spain, he has even win a national in the first half of 2015 but the second half of 2015 his results has been worse.

He has a hard set in first round vs best/second best player in Germany Cyve

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
General question: who is :4sonic:'s worst MU? Fox?

VyQ just took ESAM to last stock last hit. Had it been 2 stock he would have taken the set.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
General question: who is :4sonic:'s worst MU? Fox?

VyQ just took ESAM to last stock last hit. Had it been 2 stock he would have taken the set.
Probably :4megaman:, Lemons stop spindash cold in its tracks.
Edit: but then again alot of characters do that.....only ones off the top of my head are Rosa and yeah Fox too.

Last edited:

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
Ryuga :4corrinf: takes a set against ally 3-1 . ally used both:4mario: and :4cloud: thoughts?

interesting that both ikes likes using corrin

this is the bracket of the tournament for anyone who want to see it:
https://smash.gg/tournament/landlocked/brackets/10936/10843/38062
ver clearly match up inexperienece...because we all know by now that corrin isnt nearly as good as the pits(see lancer staff posts). overall corrin is much too slow and her projectile is bad, and her side-b is gimmicky. once people figure out how to react to frame 7 side-b, corrin will drop to samus level or slightly below.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sonic doesn't have bad matchups [he has a bazillion even matchups though].

He just has a ton of bad players who lose as soon as you figure out how to deal with spindash.

:059:

FimPhym

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-2129-8093
When people learn to react to frame 7 side b they will presumably be cyborgs. You can twitch react to something that fast (maybe) but you can't discriminate between signal and noise.

Megamang

Smash Lord
Sonic doesn't have bad matchups [he has a bazillion even matchups though].

He just has a ton of bad players who lose as soon as you figure out how to deal with spindash.

:059:

Indeed. Sonic vs Megaman is about even, but spindash doesn't do much in the MU. Guess how many sonics start spacing ftilt, doing different movement fakeouts, start walk-powershielding non pellets and dash shielding pellets? Its less than the amount that just keep ramming into pellets with spindash and then ask me how its even possible to beat megaman with sonic :B

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
http://www.twitch.tv/saltyplayground

@Sodrek and @Ixisnaugus was an extremely hype set, down to the wire second and third games.
Fox' come back factor is apparent (a few up airs and it's last hit for both) but it otherwise looks like an insanely even match up (it's been the first time I've seen it in a while).

Looking forward to the rest (but I'll likely be sleeping soon and may miss top 8).

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Beast 6 top 8:

Winners:

Esam:4pikachu: vs. Wilksy15:rosalina:

MVD:4diddy: vs. Mr. R:4sheik:

Losers:

Istudying:4greninja: vs. Sodrek:4fox:

S1-14 :4ness: vs. Light:4sheik:

So the characters in this top 8 are:

:4sheik::2

:rosalina::1

:4pikachu::1

:4diddy::1

:4fox::1

:4ness::1

And, most importantly

:4greninja::1

Izaw got 9th too. Doesn't he main Link?

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
https://smash.gg/tournament/beast-6/brackets/10660/10839/38058

istudying made top 8, the dream is alive. He's done really well. Top 8 is all top tiers plus Greninja.

Also shoutouts to wilksy, the best Rosa in the UK. He's also done great to get this far. Am expecting him to lose to ESAM, sadly.

We might get to see Greninja vs Rosa in bracket, which to my knowledge has never happened before. Requires istudy to beat Sodrek's Fox though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom