• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4BR Official Tier List Discussion

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I updated my vote a bit after Genesis. Bumped up Olimar, Toon Link, and Villager a bit.

It's been said a few times in both threads already, but I just want to reiterate how important it is to market this tier list as the first "official" one. I think it could be cool to link to the first Brawl tier list as an example to illustrate how drastically tier lists can change. It's really, really cool that a majority of people were sleeping on Villager and Toon Link, and both characters got fantastic results from Ranai and Hyuga, respectively. The older Smash 4 becomes, the more larger tournaments will happen, and the more unexpected characters will claim equally unexpected results. It's a very, very exciting time for Smash, and the announcement of this tier list should absolutely reflect that.

Also of equal importance is to say that ZeRo specifically abstained from voting. Not only does it illustrate how difficult making a first tier list is, but this is also something that should word hit the public without an official 4BR statement, the damage will be pretty much impossible to fix. The 4BR will immediately be labelled as a laughingstock, since the best player in the world didn't vote in the tier list. It is absolutely crucial to formally address this--and preferably if it would come straight from TSM ZeRo TSM ZeRo , that would of course be even better--at the time the tier list is published.

I cannot cannot cannot stress that last point enough. Numerous people have discussed how important it is to be as public as possible with the 4BR, and this tier list announcement will be the first real test of that degree of transparency.

I'm more than happy to take a stab at writing a draft of some sort of announcement, proofread someone else's draft, or collaborate with anyone who'd like to spearhead this. Please let me know if I can be of any help!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'm more than happy to take a stab at writing a draft of some sort of announcement, proofread someone else's draft, or collaborate with anyone who'd like to spearhead this. Please let me know if I can be of any help!
I've expressed interest in writing an announcement as well; I would be more than happy to collaborate on this.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I agree that gathering public statements, amongst other things, is crucial when making this tier list public.

End of this week will basically be the cut-off for all last minute votes/changes.

:093:

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
This is gonna be drama for weeks LOL
Like Mav said, any tier list is gonna lead to drama. We can definitely curtail that significantly with some well-written bytes.

I'll start thinking about some topics and see if I can whip something up this week.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
That'd be much appreciated, Zigsta.

:093:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
The deadline for all votes is January 27th. The votes will be locked past that date, so this is the last chance to submit or change your vote. No further extensions.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I should have everyone on mine now, still editting as I think about it as I work on this today and tomorrow.

Will finalize for sure by tomorrow with icons and text.

Trela

Smash Lord
Now that I have some good time to myself, I'll go ahead and give y'all my reasoning on my tier list to the best of my ability.

For starters, let me use a more condensed version of my list in order to show you a better understanding of it, and first up is:

Top Tier

:4sheik::4zss::4ryu:
:4sonic::rosalina::4pikachu::4mario:
:4fox::4metaknight::4cloud::4villager::4ness::4diddy:

The first thing you'll notice from my list is where I have Ryu at; he's pretty high up there. There's a lot to consider when figuring out where to place a character on a tier list, from results, to frame data, to match-up spreads, you name it. But something you should always take note of, I believe, is a character's punish game. This is where Ryu shines the most. One simple screw-up in neutral and you take an unreasonable amount of percent, or better yet, get KO'd incredibly early. The best part? Just about everything he has is guaranteed. If I had to describe competitive Smash 4 in one word, it would be just that. And this is not something that's only exclusive to Ryu, of course. You'll find that every character in top tier has something of the sort that works at a certain percentage range that makes them so deadly to play against, and there's a reason they do it better than the characters below them on the rest of the tier list.

(Thinking about it again, maybe, "guaranteed" is best used for another Smash game like 64. But I digress.)

To go into a little more of why I rate the punish game in a character so highly, well, let's face it. We're not all perfect. Never can we play at our 100% best, and if we did, I'm sure we'd all be playing Sheik by now, timing each other out because no one would ever be able to land a hit on anyone with anything other than Needles. But that can't be farther from the truth. When you think about Ryu's weaknesses and what holds him back as a competitior, you think, "Oh, well he has a hard time catching someone who's keeping him out and running away from him." Well, you're not entirely wrong. But something I've learned over my time with playing Ryu, over my time with experiencing many different types of match-ups and playstyles, is this:

You can only run away for so long.

So long before you put yourself in a bad spot where you can no longer run. So long before you mess up. So long before you lose the lead. Make no mistake, it's going to happen. And it's going to happen more often than you'd like to think. One of the reasons, I believe, that makes Ryu more capable of doing just this is the stage list. I come from a city (Houston) where my local TO (Xyro) utilizes a much more diverse stage list, along with 3 stocks, and we've had many different kinds of stages that were legal that you would've never guessed would be on there. Skylot, Wuhu Island, Kongo Jungle, Peach's Castle, Suzaku Castle, Wii Fit Studio, Colosseum, etc. Imagine trying to catch someone like Sheik or Sonic on THOSE stages.......HELL NO. I would probably have to switch to a secondary if that were the case. Luckily for me, most of those stages are gone now, and only a few of them still remain. But boy, am I glad when we only have to play on neutral stages. So much less room to work with, and I think that's a good thing for most of the cast. But this discussion on stage lists is for another time, though. I hope I was able to get my point across here.

So can Ryu be higher, in my opinion? Yes. Can he be lower? Possibly. More time is needed. As long as he's undeniably a top tier at this point, I can work with it.

Now what of the other characters in top tier?

- Sonic's speed gives him arguably the fastest punishes in the game, but his KO set-ups are inconsistent.
- Rosalina creates a great wall with Luma and can even KO relatively early, but anti-Luma tech and having some questionable match-ups is what I believe holds her back from top 3.
- Pikachu has an amazing combo game and quick punishes, but not the best at getting the KO before their opponent does to him because of how light he is. Has potential to only move up, and already has on most of these other tier lists.
- Mario troubles me. I don't know if I should move him down or keep him where he is. Is he truly better than the characters below him in this tier? Perhaps because his weakness are not as prominent as the others and doesn't have as much to work with as those above him is why I have him where he is.
- Fox is amazing, but some of the match-ups he has to deal with are just not worth it, like Sheik and maybe Ryu. His weight and recovery hold him back a little, but I mean he can easily move up in the tier, too.
- Meta Knight is top tier at this point in the meta, and I won't deny it. One of, if not, the best KO set-up in the game. And while it's not necessarily all that he has going for him, his linear playstyle is what I think it's holding him back a bit right now.
- Villager is freak'n scary, with a powerful zoning game and having just about his entire moveset KO you at some point or another. Also one of the best edgeguarders in the game. Not too much guaranteed stuff to work with, though, and some match-ups can be really troublesome.
- Ness and Diddy are hard to gauge. Guaranteed combos and KOs, but those recoveries and possibly their weight among other small details leave them struggling against certain characters. Still top tier nonetheless.

The last character I have in top tier that I also just recently added was none other than Cloud. At first I had him as the borderline between high tier and top tier, but I wasn't certain enough if he was truly a top tier character or not. Genesis showed me the truth. This character is a menace, and I love it. Hate fighting against him sometimes because it's a nightmare, but still, I love it. Let me try to explain.

Oh, power creep, that's how!

Cloud is what Little Mac can only dream of becoming one day. Well, more like never. Cloud's Limit Break mechanic took all the negatives about Little Mac's KO Meter mechanic and just threw it out the window. Instead of gaining Limit from attacking or taking damage, why don't we also let him charge it too, which by the way, can force his opponents to approach him? Oh, and wouldn't it be a good idea to let him keep his Limit on him for as long as he wants until he gets KO'd? Wouldn't want our poor wittle baby to lose his Limit by getting hit, now would we? And how's about we let him Finishing Touch in the air with no repercussions, AKA, let him KO punch in the air? By the way, we forgot to mention that he also gets faster while he has his Limit.

Ok.

Cloud also has something that no other sword character really has, and that's frame data with reasonable auto-cancel windows on all his aerials bar Fair, along with great priority, speed, and reach. Oh, and a projectile! He makes it very hard for just about any character to land back onstage. Great damage output with KO set-ups, too. His recovery is also underrated, in my honest opinion. I believe he has all the makings of a top tier. And don't even get me started on him in doubles....

One last thing I would like to add before I move into high tier, and this also has something to do with Cloud: Some of these characters in top tier share this crazy aspect in that they can KO you earlier than everyone else in the game, and with some consistency, too. Zero Suit Samus combos you from 30% and KOs you with Boost Kick at the top of the blast zone most of the time, Ryu Shoryukens you as early as 50% anywhere on the stage and KOs you, Rosalina can Uair you at very low percents with Luma and KO you off the top with sometimes just two simple Uair strings, Mario's rage Super Jump Punch can KO you off the top starting from a simple Dthrow, Meta Knight Uairs you into a Shuttle Loop at almost any percent at the top and KOs you, Cloud steals your soul with Finishing Touch whenever you give him the chance to, and even Ness can KO you extremely early with PK Thunder 2. These characters can come back at any moment in a match, and they can do it without too much trouble.

High Tier

:4yoshi::4luigi::4lucario::4peach::4rob::4falcon:
:4pacman::4tlink::4pit::4darkpit::4olimar::4myfriends::4greninja::4megaman::4wario:

I'll go ahead any only point out the oddities here.

No matter how you look at his mechanics, Lucario will never be bad. Yes, his neutral game is very lackluster, and he may not be that fast, but all he needs is a few hits to close out a stock once he has aura going. It's not that he even needs set-ups for him to KO reliably (after all, the latest patch nerfed his Aura Sphere) because a single read at 40% with a Smash Attack or Bair or Uair is going to KO most of the rest of the cast on just about any stage. His fear factor is great; just has more noticeable weaknesses than those above him.

Taking another look at it, I do have Peach pretty high up there, huh? I'm sure a lot of people can agree that her high learning curve gives her a lot of potential overall. Float Canceling is so good. Her combos are so good. Her Fair is so good. Match-ups play a bigger role in Peach than in most characters, I feel. She does good against anyone that doesn't keep her out of the air well, and even then, like I said, her Float Canceling makes a great baiting option, and her grabs are also not bad, either.

Pacman plays the keep-away game better than many, and has arguably the best item game. A master of his craft. I'm not sure if he can go up any further at this point or if he's only going to go down from here, though. It's not that his match-ups are too difficult, because he does have a lot of tools and tricks that can get him out of tight spots. Maybe it's just that it's all he really has going for him. He's still always going to be a tournament threat, at least in my book.

On the subject of zoning and camping, other characters that come to mind here are Toon Link, Olimar, and Megaman. Out of all these characters, Toon Link has the easiest time finishing off stocks. His Bombs and Boomerangs lead to a Fair or Uair, and he even has a great combo game to go along with everything, too. Olimar does best against shields compared to his other comrades, in my opinion, while Megaman's got a bit of it all with Pellets, nice grabs, and an amazing Bair. Not that easy to compare them to each other, to be honest, as they each have their strengths and weaknesses based on the match-up at hand. Solid high tiers that make great secondaries.

Mid Tier

:4feroy::4dk:
:4falco::4lucas::4bowser::4kirby:
:4shulk::4robinm::4littlemac::4marth:
:4mewtwo::4duckhunt::4link::4gaw:

To me, Roy shouldn't be that far from Ike on any list. I found it a little difficult to place Roy in mid instead of high. He's everything Marth wanted to be in this game, just like how Marth was everything Roy wanted to be back in Melee. Better frame data, grab follow-ups, solid aerial combos, and a bit faster in the mobility department make him vastly underrated overall. His grab range kinda hurts, though, and his reach is not the greatest, but he's meant to be more in-your-face and upfront with everything he does. I guess being slower than other characters who were built to play that type of playstyle with more ease is what left me with no choice but to put him here. The same can be said about Greninja in high tier, really. Perhaps more results will come soon enough for our hero.

Falco the true hidden boss in this tier. The patches have made him so much better it's crazy. Combos everywhere, including from grabs, surprisingly very strong, and a superb aerial game. He's a lot easier to play now, and a lot more fun at that. Just fast enough for his moves to earn some respect. Once people figure out how to play him in neutral and find a way to set-up his KOs better, he'll definitely move up some spots.

My past mains lie here in both Shulk and Robin. They will never be low tier to me, but do they ever have a shot at becoming high tier? I used to believe they were. Shulk can play a part in many match-ups, but also lose very badly in a good number of them. And Robin may lose more match-ups than Shulk, but at least he can get by them with much less trouble. Shulk's Monado Arts are one of Smash 4's greatest secrets, and should never be left undiscovered, while Robin's tomes and Levin Sword usage can play a key part in his next step to greatness. What I'm trying to get at here is, they have some of the best special moves around. One day I would like to come back to them for tournament play, but the journey with Ryu is far from over.

Mewtwo made quite the jump since the last patch. His moves connect to each other much more nicely, along with less endlag on his aerials to make that dream more of a reality. I don't view him much as a glass cannon, honestly, as most others do. He also used to be my main at one point. There's something about a good Mewtwo that's really hard to hit....

Nothing too out-of-place in this tier to me. But as for the next one....

Low Tier

:4drmario::4bowserjr:
:4miibrawl::4miisword::4wiifit:
:4charizard::4lucina::4dedede:
:4palutena::4samus::4miigun::4jigglypuff::4zelda::4ganondorf:

The first two characters bother me to no end. Are Doctor Mario and Bowser Jr. really low tier characters? I don't care how much slower Doctor Mario is compared to Mario; I worry about letting his other half run rapid through low tier tournaments. Same can be said about Bowser Jr. to a lesser extent. Heck, I'm probably the only player who voted Bowser Jr. for low tier! But I cannot wrap my head around the thought of him effectively approaching certain characters. Clown Kart Dash can only get you so far, right? How does he deal with those who continuously keep him out? Now don't get me wrong, I think he's not that bad, even if he ends up being a low tier after all. I mean, his juggles with his aerials are pretty sick, and multi-hitting Smash Attacks are super good. But is it enough?

Mii Brawler and Mii Swordfighter are definitely better than people think. Well, maybe at least Mii Swordfighter. Their specials are most certainly underrated over their other custom moves, but in the case for Mii Brawler, they are significantly worse. Mii Brawler has super good frame data, but no way of reliably KO'ing or even setting up into it. And while Mii Swordfighter may be a bit more on the slower side of things, he can KO much earlier than his other brother from another mother. To me, they are very close in skill.

I think that's all that needs to be said about my list. Never thought I'd make a post this big! At first I was very weary of making a tier list in the first place, especially with our last patch right around the corner, along with two new characters that very well could change the meta, for all we know. As hard as it was to make this myself, I don't think I'm TOO far off from everyone else's.......right guys?

Guys?

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
I can break it down more later since I'm not home, but I disagree with you on Fox's matchups. If anything, Fox has a better matchup vs sheik than most of the cast does. I can honestly see it being even, but its more likely in the 55:45 sheik range. He has 4 or 5 matchups he has to watch out for:

-Rosalina
-Ryu
-Kirby
-Luigi (maybe? Still barely have any post patch luigi experience since so many people dropped him)
-Robin(stage specific; Fox wins on large stages Robin wins on small ones).

I finally got to play a good ryu in 9b at g3; played a bunch of friendlies. Fox does great!...until you get hit and take 50% or just die :(

I am fully on board with you though when comes to Ryu being one of absolute best characters. He's fourth in my opinion right now, and has best-character-in-the-game potential when someone like you or another top Ryu fully masters him. He's the hardest character to play optimally in the game right now imo; in no way is he a pick up and play top tier like Mario.

Last edited:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Trela Trela Great post! Out of the characters you didn't address, I'm curious what your reasoning on Lucas is. I'm noticing a lot of variance for the character and you're among the higher placements.

I also struggle to call characters like Doc low tier, but someone has to be and this game seems like some editions of Street Fighter in that most of the cast can compete, to an extent. I do think there is a bottom tier of at least characters like Jigglypuff and Zelda where it's just not going to happen, even as a utility secondary.

Random general thought: Looking back on the Genesis 3 results, it seems like the metagame is definitely gravitating towards the top 20% of the cast to the point where top 8 is diverse, but top 32 not so much when you consider the size of the roster. I feel like mid and low tier champions are starting to drop off somewhat, but I could be wrong here.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Random general thought: Looking back on the Genesis 3 results, it seems like the metagame is definitely gravitating towards the top 20% of the cast to the point where top 8 is diverse, but top 32 not so much when you consider the size of the roster. I feel like mid and low tier champions are starting to drop off somewhat, but I could be wrong here.
Top 8:
1st ZeRo :4sheik:
2nd Dabuz :rosalina:
3rd Ranai :4villager:
4th VoiD :4sheik:
5th FOW :4ness:
5th Nairo :4zss:
7th Marss :4zss:
7th Larry Lurr :4fox:

That's for characters actually used while in Top 8 (some of these players used other characters while in Top 32 portion of bracket). 6 unique characters is pretty stellar.

In the top 32 we also had these characters used:
:4falcon::4cloud::4diddy::4dk::4luigi::4mario::4metaknight::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4ryu::4sonic::4tlink::4wiifit:
:4drmario:*

Most of them were actually mains of those said characters; so a lot of solo runs into the Top 32 with those characters in addition to the ones in Top 8. Dr Mario has an asterisk as he was just used by Nario vs ESAM and both games as Dr. Mario he lost, so yeah.

Still, not counting Dr. Mario, that's 20 characters between 32 players. I honestly wouldn't call that a bad level of diversity even considering the size of the cast just because when you're at that point, you're going to be bound to have some overlap in character usage and statistically speaking characters like Sheik just have so many people using her at the top level that there's a better chance of multiple Sheiks getting into Top 32.

Right outside of the Top 32 you had some other characters get close. Off of my head:
Tweek was 33rd with :4bowserjr: (Taken out by a :4dk:)
8BitMan was 33rd with :4rob:(Taken out by a :4sheik:)

The Wall was 49th with :4yoshi: (Taken out by a :4rob:)

So I would say the Top 32 was pretty much as diverse as you could reasonably expect.

But yeah, I do agree low tier heroes aren't going to be breaking trough the Top 32 of tournaments like this.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I was greatly let down by the performances of Olimar overall at G3. I'm sure this will affect the opinions of many. Hopefully in the future his national presence is better.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Xiivi Xiivi I missed a few characters in top 32, so thanks for shedding some light on that. I would only count characters if they contribute towards set wins (so yeah, no Doc). I concede that top 32 was still diverse in that 1/3 of the cast could apparently make it, but my point stands that very few characters got in that weren't considered high or top tiers. The duplicates were also mostly the usual suspects. This is fine and natural, but we're not playing a game where anyone can win anymore.

M@v

Subarashii!
So, if you guys didn't look at the Japanese votes...they think Cloud is really, REALLY good. I just can't see that :(. High tier? Absolutely. Top 3? That's pushing it, unless we are talking about doubles. I still don't see how cloud is supposed to deal with a top level sheik. That alone hurts the top 3 theory imo.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
So, if you guys didn't look at the Japanese votes...they think Cloud is really, REALLY good. I just can't see that :(. High tier? Absolutely. Top 3? That's pushing it, unless we are talking about doubles. I still don't see how cloud is supposed to deal with a top level sheik. That alone hurts the top 3 theory imo.
Yeah, I think it's due to pretty much the best Cloud players all happening to be from Japan.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
They didn't even put up the results to even close to justify that placement of Cloud, though. (Except in Doubles)

Like, he's clearly a great character, but top 5 is absolutely absurd.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Hrm. Can't say I agree with that too much, especially with D/F Tier. Then again, Japan lacks many of those characters in their upper echelon, so I can't say I am surprised.

I think he's at the bottom of top tier because of certain qualities to the character, but I get why their things are like that. Some of their top players are Clouds, like Komorikiri; even Rain, one of their best players who traditionally plays Sheik has a Cloud, and we saw Nietono play Cloud in G3 doubles.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
More fun stats:

International (19)
Europe: 8
Japan: 6
Canada: 3
Australia: 2
(I'm sad we couldn't get a hold of Mexico for votes.)

US (34)
Atlantic North: 12
Midwest: 8
Pacific West: 7
Southwest: 4
Atlantic South: 3
(Seriously why did none of Florida vote; we have a solid amount in here. Ah well.)

Trela

Smash Lord
Trela Trela Great post! Out of the characters you didn't address, I'm curious what your reasoning on Lucas is. I'm noticing a lot of variance for the character and you're among the higher placements.
I don't want to outright say that Lucas is not good enough to do well in tournaments by himself. There's no way he's a low tier to me, for one thing. His frame data isn't all that bad (not with a jab like that); his aerials all come out relatively fast enough for them to count for something, and they can combo pretty nicely, too. A much better recovery than Ness is certainly worthwhile. His grab is his biggest strength, but also may be where he's held back a little. The latest patch helped it out a lot, though. All of his throws can kill early, and Dthrow sets up into anything he desires. I think the risk of him grabbing often when the reward is so great is something Lucas players should reconsider, for better or for worse.

It doesn't help his case that he's harder to play than Ness, sadly. Lucas is more restrictive, but has room for more tech. It's just, why worry about all that when you can Dthrow > Fair with Ness and then roll around and try to Bthrow and profit $$$$$$$

THEY DONT PROFIT AT ALL WHEN THEY'RE PLAYING LIKE THAT

Anyways, I still have faith in the kid :)

I also struggle to call characters like Doc low tier, but someone has to be
That's a good way of putting it, actually. Most of us can agree that even a few of the low tier characters in this game can still make a name for themselves in tournaments in one way or another. I would like to believe this to be the case with even the bottom tier characters, but like you said, it's most likely just not going to happen. But that's ok! Glad you guys liked my post, by the way. Hope I can keep this up!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In terms of powerlevel / over tuning, Cloud is clearly one of the best in the cast.
His raw ability plus the rewards he gets for it are better than every other character.
In terms of raw stats, Cloud and Ryu are so blatantly above the rest of the cast that they're forced into top-tierdom.
We've got Snake1 and Snake2 here; with arguably less weaknesses than Snake had (Snake not having a functional aerial game; they obviously don't have grenades either).

And we only have half of a meta knight in Sheik to keep them at bay.

Last edited:

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Also gotta remember that 6 votes is a small sample size. It's fun to look at, but it probably already differs quite a bit from what you get with, say, 20 Japanese votes.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGZQSrPxbjQ
Ramin had said he labbed the MU with VoiD for several hours before G3, and Komorikiri still did pretty well against him as Cloud even though he lost the set in the end. Outside of the first game (he got dunked on lol), Komo was pretty close to taking each game once he adapted. Even in the last game where he basically played with one stock the whole time lol. (Kinda illustrates how dynamic it can be.)
Which I'd count as dealing with it~
Perhaps Cloud would do much worse against a more defensive Sheik. I could see that.

Yeah it's only one set. Just to play devil's advocate, really. I don't think he's top 3 either, and he'll probably drop off after awhile~

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
If you guys need word from Mexico next time, I have someone who could probably round up some of their best to comment. Also, if anyone needs help writing things up, I'm obviously cool helping :)

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Seeing as though Japan and America/other nations have different views on the tier list, do you think we should have separate tier lists?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No.
We're the Smash Community's tier list.

Regions can (and do) go for such prospects if they desire (PAL Melee Tier lists, Japan's own tier lists throughout the years, etc)

Last edited:

M@v

Subarashii!
I'll be the guy to point out that Corrin shaped elephant in the room. Corrin and Bayo are coming out this week, which in all likelihood means another balance patch, which would invalidate everyone's tier list. Plans of action?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'll be the guy to point out that Corrin shaped elephant in the room. Corrin and Bayo are coming out this week, which in all likelihood means another balance patch, which would invalidate everyone's tier list. Plans of action?
The list will likely just be a reflection of 1.1.3.

Voting has already ended and we can easily just clarify that the two characters were not considered/state that the characters released as of version 1.1.3 were only considered.

Even if we considered those characters, much like what happened with Clouds, it is simply too early to make an educated guess. Months would have to pass and results would need to appear for us to properly consider the characters.

M@v

Subarashii!
No one is going to take the list seriously if its not the current build.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I completely disagree with that idea, Mav.

A single patch does not invalidate the whole list, especially if it's anything like the last few (3/4th's of the cast untouched)

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
If anything it provides a better, more concrete place to start discussion for changes to the cast.

Average User: "BR thinks *character* was here on the tier list before the patch. Wonder where there are now?"
IMO that's a hell of a lot better than "we seem to think *character* was *adjective* before the patch. Wonder how they are now?"

So long as it's advertised as such, anyway.
Which is should be since that's the point.

Top Bottom