• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

48 characters? Which ones?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Calm down or Ill report you.

The majority rules unfortunetly, and the majority wouldnt want Zant or Shadow in Brawl over Geno, it's quite unfortunate for you I suppose.
Not really... what's going to be in Brawl is not beased on the majority says. It's based on what Nintendo thinks, and that's gonna be reasonable characters not just characters you guys think are cool.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
YOU F***ing ******, give me one reason Zant should not be in Brawl. You are h*lla stupid. YOU HAVE A TWILIGHT PRINCESS LINK ICON AND YOU DONT THINK ZANT SHOULDN'T BE IN BRAWL????

And for all you d*ck suckers who think Geno is gonna make it, forget it because he has almost NO chance. It doesn't matter if Super Mario RPG was a good game. Shadow the Hedgehog and TLOZ: Twilight Princess were ALSO good games. And Brawl characters so far are UP TO DATE, for all you ******* who didn't see Olimar's anonuncement. There will be NEW Nintendo characters and 3rd parties entering, too. I swear, some people are f***ing ********.
Aside from your, uh... *unique* character choices, your first post was so incorrect because you just had lots of false and/or stupid information.

1. SMRPG is not on VC.
2. Zant is in no way more popular than Ganondorf, Midna, or Wolf Link. He won't get in before they do, and Zelda won't have 7 reps. Sorry.
3. Good backstory? Err....
4. Sakurai never said a word about additional Sonic characters.
5. Shadow is only popular with the young'uns. And even then.... its Shadow. He's a horrible character.
6. Once again, good backstory? Ooooooook....

And then your response to my post just followed up with more wrong statements:

7. Shadow the Hedgehog was a awful game. Its games like these that are killing the Sonic franchise.
8. "All Brawl characters so far are UP TO DATE!". Wtf? Of course they are. Do you expect all the characters to be represented with their original graphics? You realize almost the entire cast would be 8 and 16 bit sprites, right?

About the only thing you were right about is, yes, some people are ********. I'll let you figure out who, if you can.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Not really... what's going to be in Brawl is not beased on the majority says. It's based on what Nintendo thinks, and that's gonna be reasonable characters not just characters you guys think are cool.
We can't know how Nintendo thinks, we can only make decisions based on who we think will be in brawl. Unfortunatly, everybody thinks differently, so just for the sake of amusement of making a plausible list, lets go with the majority.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm ******** because I some-what like Zant.

Get a life. All I was doing was stating my opinion just like you are.
BTW, there are a lot more offensive words than ********, and I'm sure you can say every single one you want because you will be banned soon. Knock your socks off :)

P.S. Dojo never said to expect another sonic rep, which is why the guy said that your post was wrong in every way ;)
uh... first off, that's ONE way it was wrong. That doesn't make the whole thing wrong.

I bet you don't even know who Zant is, and he's not just a regular boss in TP, he's a huge part of the story. He really is king of the Twilight, but Ganondorf took it over. And if you've beaten TP, you'll notice he appears a lot of times in the game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Let's throw in some Klonoa into this discussion. Klonoa for brawl!
I would so be for Klonoa, has anyone from nintendo ever mentioned the possibility of him being in brawl?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Phantom. Take a chill pill, seriously. Zant may be in Brawl. He may not be in Brawl. My guess is most likely not, considering how he was more of a sub-boss than anything else. I mean, if Zant, why not Vaati? He's been in more games than Zant.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
We can't know how Nintendo thinks, we can only make decisions based on who we think will be in brawl. Unfortunatly, everybody thinks differently, so just for the sake of amusement of making a plausible list, lets go with the majority.

So you're only saying Geno because you're afraid of what people think? I don't care what people THINK. I'm pretty sure of the characters I chose, and I have a feeling they're gonna make it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Phantom. Take a chill pill, seriously. Zant may be in Brawl. He may not be in Brawl. My guess is most likely not, considering how he was more of a sub-boss than anything else. I mean, if Zant, why not Vaati? He's been in more games than Zant.
Becuase 1. who the h*ll is vaati? No one knows who he is. 2. Like I said before, Zant is more than a sub-boss. He's very important to the TP story, and he appears a lot in the game.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So you're only saying Geno because you're afraid of what people think? I don't care what people THINK. I'm pretty sure of the characters I chose, and I have a feeling they're gonna make it.
Afraid?? Why?
Phantom, you're entitled to your opinions, just like we are. Feel free to make your own list, Im sure people would be interested to see it. We're just guessing for fun, we'll only know who's in once the game is out.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
The 48 characters thing has yet to be confirmed. This is just another thread based on speculation.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
uh... first off, that's ONE way it was wrong. That doesn't make the whole thing wrong.

I bet you don't even know who Zant is, and he's not just a regular boss in TP, he's a huge part of the story. He really is king of the Twilight, but Ganondorf took it over. And if you've beaten TP, you'll notice he appears a lot of times in the game.
Yes I know who Zant is, I own and have beaten the game too. Like I said, I used to like Zant until the very ending of the game, where he becomes psychotic. He appears a lot of the time in the game, but midna, wolf link, Zelda have appeared more times (or just as many times) as he did.

He is/was the Usurper king (sp?) and he was the king of twilight. He doesn't have a good storyline at all, since he's only been in one game, which was TP, he doesn't have a good fanbase. If he made it in though, I'd gladly play as him, if not then oh well, I'd love to seem him lead in a stage (like I've stated before) or an AT.

EDIT: Vaati is the new character in the ds version of WindWaker. I've been wanting to play that game lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well I'm a solid Nintendo fan , and I don't know who he is, so there's number 1! And Zant is newer, which does give him a lot more chance.
pff hahaa. ok, obviously This phantom7 person is one of the most closed minded people weve had to deal with..

"I don't know him, so obviously he doesn't matter" Is a pretty funny way to look at it.

Talendime

Smash Ace
Yes really:p
No BJ= weak in the eyes of the great beast. . .

Anyway, that 48 char thing aint been confirmed real yet so this thread is not needed.

Bowser Junior would be cool, I guess. Especially if there is 48 characters.

It's funny though, how people are saying how 48 is such a big number, while all this time I've been hoping for 50 :laugh:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Bowser Junior would be cool, I guess. Especially if there is 48 characters.

It's funny though, how people are saying how 48 is such a big number, while all this time I've been hoping for 50 :laugh:
It IS a big number if we want all the characters to be well balanced.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Well, Phantom, I'm going to have to refute your claim, and I guess I'll explain to you who Vaati is because you seem too lazy to even Wikipedia it in an effort to at least appear to be in the know.

Vaati appeared in Four Swords, Four Swords Adventure, and the Minish Cap, all relatively popular Zelda games, and he was the antagonist in all of them. Started as a Minish, used the Wishing Cap (?) to turn into a Hylian sorcerer, etc.

CapnJack

Smash Cadet
Man, I can't imagine this game being up to 48 characters. That would be fantastic, but insane.
I find it hard to compose a list of 48 characters. Bold are for characters I think have a chance. Italics are for characters I have no idea about, but I'm predicting because they're either popular or I'm hoping for them.

Veterans:

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus
7., Zelda
8. Bowser,
9. Donkey Kong
10. Yoshi
11. Peach
12. Ice Climbers
13. Sheik
14. Ganondorf
15. Game & Watch
16. Captain Falcon
17. Luigi
18. Ness
19. Jigglypuff

20. Mewtwo
21. Marth
22. Falco

Newcomers:

1. Pit
2. Wario
3. Zero Suit Samus
4. Ike
5. Pokemon Trainer
6. Diddy Kong
7. Meta Knight
8. Snake
9. Lucas
10. Sonic
11. King Dedede
12. Olimar & Pikmin
13. King K-Rool
14. Krystal
15. Fire Emblem character (female)
16. Lucario
17. Wolf Link & Midna
18. Another Zelda character
19. Another Fire Emblem character (If Marth or Roy aren't in)
20. Wolf
21. Golden Sun character
22. Baiten Kaitos character
23. Ridley
24. Geno
25. Rayman
26. Megaman

Oh, and I think the Ancient Minister might end up being a playable character.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I think they could be very well balanced. Hell, Marvel VS Capcom 2 had 55 characters, and I think it was pretty well balanced.

Well here would be the remaining characters to complete the roster:

1. Luigi
2. Captain Falcon
3. Falco
4. Jigglypuff
5. Mewtwo
6. Ganondorf
7. Marth
8. Ness
9. Krystal
10. Geno
11. Ridley
12. Mr Game & Watch
13. Bowser Jr.
14. Isaac
15. King K Rool
16. Megaman (or other 3rd party)
17. Claus
18. WW Link
19. Midna/Midna & Wolf Link
20. Micaiah
21. Lucario
22. Mii
23. Original SSE Character

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wow... Phantom7 needs to calm down. You're getting annoying.

Also, when did Sakurai ever say that there'll be another Sonic character? I doubt it very much that he'd choose Shadow if there'll be another Sonic rep, but I guess you don't care because it doesn't matter to you what other people think.
And that you don't know what a moveset for K. Rool could be just proves that you never played a game with him, so you can't say anything about it.

Anyway... I'm hoping for Knuckles, but I guess other 1st parties won't even get 2 reps, so Knuckles has probably a very very very.... small chance.

spindash

Smash Ace
YOU F***ing ******, give me one reason Zant should not be in Brawl. You are h*lla stupid. YOU HAVE A TWILIGHT PRINCESS LINK ICON AND YOU DONT THINK ZANT SHOULDN'T BE IN BRAWL????

And for all you d*ck suckers who think Geno is gonna make it, forget it because he has almost NO chance. It doesn't matter if Super Mario RPG was a good game. Shadow the Hedgehog and TLOZ: Twilight Princess were ALSO good games. And Brawl characters so far are UP TO DATE, for all you ******* who didn't see Olimar's anonuncement. There will be NEW Nintendo characters and 3rd parties entering, too. I swear, some people are f***ing ********.
... Take a nap. Like, right now, because you're making a complete and total ******* out of yourself. You're an immature little prick, now either respect other's opinions or we won't provide any respect for you. Now get lost, you little punk.

Croco

Smash Lord
The ones in bold are shoe ins.
Normal ones are unchanged
"Iffy" ones are in italics.
Luigi
Cpt. Falcon
Falco - (Falco.. eh. I don't see why people want him to return. I like him also but I don't see him for sure making it in.)
JigglyPuff
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Marth
Ness
Krystal
Geno - (I can see him making it in as a non 3rd party)
Ridley (Still think he will be a boss)
Sukapon - (I can see him as the last unlockable)
Mr. Game & Watch - (HE WILL RETURN)
Micaiah - (Eh.)
Megaman - (I want Megaman REALLY bad but I don't know about this now.)
Isaac (or other 3rd party)
King K. Rool- (K. Rool is almost a shoe in but not.)
Lucario- (Even though I'm not a pokemon fan anymore, and I hardly know about Lucario.. but from what I heard it sounds enough for him to take a spot.)
Kumatora / Claus - (I can see Claus.. but not Kumatora. Pokey/Porky might also be a character.)
Midna / Cell Shaded Link- (I can see Midna in her non-imp form. Cell Shaded Link could happen.)
Sylux / Dark Samus
Mona (WarioWare) - (Ashley, Jimmy T., and even Orbulon would make more interesting characters with more original movesets. I can't see Mona doing anything except punching, riding her scooter, or turning into a cheerleader..)
SSE character (Original character created by Sakurai in the adventure mode) - (This is 50/50 with me.)

Others that "might" make it-
Mike Jones - (If Lucas a Japan only makes it.. we should ATLEAST get Mike Jones to balance out things)
"Dog" from Duck Hunt - (PERFECT WTF character.)
Alice / Balloon Fighter
Captain Syrup / Rudy the Clown - (Wario Land supporters..)
Tatanga / Fawful / Wart - (All 3 are possible Mario reps.)
Porky / Pokey
3rd Party from Hudson Soft - Bonk / Bomberman (Bonk actually has a chance. With his growing games on the Wii VC and a rumor that there is a new Bonk game coming out for the Wii it is possible he could make it. Though Bomberman's pretty much taken the spot as Hudson's mascot.)
3rd Party from Sqare-Enix - Sora / *Insert FF Character Here*
Other 3rd parties- Pac-Man / Leon Kennedy / Rayman / Simon Belmont / Twinbee / Billy Hatcher / NiGHTS

Joka

Smash Journeyman
I would so be for Klonoa, has anyone from nintendo ever mentioned the possibility of him being in brawl?
Nintendo Power had a wishlist of characters which included, Sonic, Olimar, Viewtiful Joe, Klonoa, Simont and Bonk.

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Well, if that was real, I'd be happy knowing Micaiah made it in. However, how do we know that there is 48 characters? I need to check up on that.

Fats McRobot

Smash Cadet
I hate topics that generate into wishlists and stuff, but Mona's odds of getting in as a second WW character got a little better to me.

A Klonoa is fine too, though.

He should have AWESOME grabs.

Timekeeper

Smash Cadet
If we had 25 more (not countin' ZSS and Sheik)
(not in any ranked order)
1- Bowser Jr
2- Geno
3- Luigi
4- Krystal
5- Wolf
6- Falco
7- King K. Rool
8- Ganondorf
9- WW Link
10- Vaati
11- Ridley
12- Jigglypuff
13- Mewtwo
14- Lucario
15- Claus
16- Captain Falcon
17- Game and Watch
18- Bomberman
19- Mii
20- Marth
21- Micaiah
22- Isaac
23- Villager
24- Ray 01
25- Sukapon

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Phantom is phailing at being a troll.

And I want Claus in Brawl. And some WTFery.

Top Bottom