• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

48 characters? Which ones?

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Haha, Bonk for Brawl!

He's a character that I can SEE working.
So THAT'S who Bonk is.... ok, yeah, I've actually started seeing him alot recently....

I almost thought this was LavisFiend's thread and that Phantom7 person was just going on, but I guess not. O_o; Whoa, calm down man. Jeez......

Earthworm Jim 4 Brrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwlllllllll.

Me serious, But I'm not about to KILL someone over it..

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
there are so many thingss i could say but hers the basics, thank you to the ppl who said chars. they want are not realisitic i.e. wart and the balloon fighter. however ive noticed something... how many chars are were in SSB64, 16 how many were in melee, 25 take the square roots of those and you get 4 and 5 so im putting my $$ on 49 chars. just b/c that comes out to 7 square. also i dont play much GC outside of melee but 1 game that i did love was tales of symphonia, the game was amazing and i hear theres a sequel in the works. so i think lloyd irving deseves at least a little bit of consideration. He has an awesome backstory and tons of amazing moves from the lack of threads and posts concerning him he doesnt seem likely but, he was awesome and he would fit in perfectly. also i think the f- zero series needs another PC i didnt play it much but i think its deseving. '
So lets sum up:
1.phantom is teh suxor and proly should get banned
2. many ppl like many different chars. but should know that a lot of them arent likely.
3. eggman should be a boss
4. i think there will be 49 characters
5. lloyd irving would make an excellent addition to the cast and should not be overlooked JUST because he was in an anime.
6. f-zero needs another PC (maybe judy stewart)

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
As much as I liked TOS, no..

It's not that great, and the only thing I like about it were the character's personalities ad graphics, and the style of fighting.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
48? Hmmm...

Confirmed:
1.Mario
2.Peach
3.Bowser
4.Wario
5.Yoshi
6.DK
7.Diddy Kong
8.Fox
9.Lucas
10.Ice Climbers
11.Kirby
12.Meta Knight
13.King Dedede
14.Samus
15.Zamus
16.Link
17.Zelda/Sheik
18.Pikachu
19.Pokemon Trainer
20.Ike
21.Pit
22.Pikmin & Olimar
23.Snake
24.Sonic

Returning Veterans:
25.Luigi
26.Captain Falcon
27.Falco
28.Ganondorf
29.Young Link (Wind Waker style)
30.Jigglypuff
31.Mewtwo
32.Mr. Game and Watch
33.Marth

Newcomers:
34.Bowser Jr.
35.Geno
36.Krystal
37.Claus
38.Ridley
39.Midna/Wolf
40.Lucario
41.Sukapon
42.Takamaru
43.Sigurd
44.Isaac
45.Lip
46.Animal Crosser
47.Original Smash character
48.Megaman

If this list doesn't satisfy you, the following substitutions may be made:

-Sigurd for Micaiah
-Lip for Dark Samus
-Animal Crosser for Ashley
-Original Smash character for K.Rool
-Megaman for Bomberman

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
That would leave 23 characters yet to be confirmed. Who do you think they all are?

Lets see;

Luigi(Yes)
Cpt. Falcon(Hell yes)
Falco(Probably with a new moveset)
JigglyPuff(Jiggs needs to be back)
Ganondorf(New moveset)
Mewtwo(New moveset, or replaced by Lucario)
Marth(Yeah, probably)
Ness(Nope, say hi to Lucas)
Krystal(Would be sweet)
Geno(Hmmm...maybe)
Ridley(Yes please)
Sukapon(who?)
Mr. Game & Watch(No, piss off you little useless 2d joke)
Micaiah(???)
Megaman(No, gief Ryu as Capcom rep)
Isaac (or other 3rd party) (Isaac is actually 2nd party)
King K. Rool(Hopefully)
Lucario(I think so)
Kumatora / Claus(Hmm....nahh)
Midna / Cell Shaded Link(Nah)
Sylux / Dark Samus(Dark Samus please)
Mona (WarioWare)(Hell no)
SSE character (Original character created by Sakurai in the adventure mode) (Ancient minister imo)

Mona could be up for debate.. Bowser jr instead?

Does that sound pretty plausible? Pretty much everybody would be happy. What do you guys think?
Thats what I think

Gumshoe87

Smash Cadet
25 more charcaters huh?

OK, for the heck of it....

1.C.Falcon
2.Luigi
3.Ganondorf
4.Jigglypuff
5.Falco
6.Mr. Game & Watch
7.WW link
8.Midna w/ Wolf Link
9.Bowser Jr.
10.Geno
11.Ridley
12.Krystal
13.Wolf
14.K.Rool
15.Claus
16.AC Villager
17.Lucario
18.Sukapon
19.Isaac
20.Takamaru
21.Micaiah
22.Hector
23.either Baby Mario & Luigi or Paper Mario
24.Megaman
25.WTF- Crash Bandicoot (who knows? lol)

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I say Marth, Mr. Game and Watch, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Falco and Luigi return..

Young Link redone as Windwaker Link, with new look and moveset.

Krystal, Ridley, Lucario, Geno and Isaac are must-haves.

Takamaru, Sukapon and Claus for Japan-only characters.

Micaiah (or Sigurd), Midna (in her true, Twili form), and Marx as newcomers to old franchises.

Megaman.. last third party.

and any three other new franchises. I say Tom Nook, Balloon Fighter and Chibi Robo are good choices for those spots.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Im surprised some people want an animal crossing rep, just cuz he has a stage doesnt mean we need a fighter from it.. wait, fighter? AC doesnt HAVE any fighters!

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
Ok, let me just say thank you Phantom7, for making this thread so very amusing. Nobody knows who Vaati is, huh?:laugh:

you are ********. Think about this: What would be King K. Rool's moveset?

And animal crossing?? You can't mean some stupid guitar playing dog should battle against Ridley, Mega Man, or Sonic?
lol
Ok so I am ******** for wanting a character that has been in at least 5 games as the main villian, who many other people want? How many games has Zant been in? Don't get me wrong, I like Zant, and I htink he'd be a good character, but I don't think he has very good chances.

Alright so I guess you've obviously never played any DK games, so how could you possibly say K. Rool has no moves? I have already come up with a great moveset for him and so have many other people. I guess you've also never played an AC game either. Of all the many many characters that live in the village, KK Slider is not one of them, so obviously I wasn't talking about him when I said "villager". I was talking about the character you play as, who also has moves he/she could use.

And one more thing:
Intelligence is good.

:bigthumbu

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Im surprised some people want an animal crossing rep, just cuz he has a stage doesnt mean we need a fighter from it.. wait, fighter? AC doesnt HAVE any fighters!
The ice Climbers arent much of fighters in their game, they pwn in Melee tho.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
People think of ACers moveset to contain axes and fishing rods and such..

Idk what his b^ could be though or his fs lol

for b^ possibly his fishing rod (vinewhip like ivysaur kind of thing) and fs.. he.. kills you?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Has Roy already been confirmed, or was he not confirmed and not expected to come back? I liked him better, despite the tiers.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Docter Mario is already an AT. Unfortunatly. He uses his pills to cause sleep, shrinkage, etc (My AT *gets ready to bite*)

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Is it confirmed whether or not there will be clones? It doesn't look like Young Link will be back or Dr. Mario, so is it possible that all the characters will be original?

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Lol that would be awesome. Or he could come out of a Pokeball. Just steal Staryu's place. He has some weird Water Gun move sometimes.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
That would leave 23 characters yet to be confirmed. Who do you think they all are?

Lets see;

Luigi
Cpt. Falcon
Falco
JigglyPuff
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Marth
Ness
Krystal
Geno
Ridley
Sukapon
Mr. Game & Watch
Micaiah
Megaman
Isaac (or other 3rd party)
King K. Rool
Lucario
Kumatora / Claus
Midna / Cell Shaded Link
Sylux / Dark Samus
Mona (WarioWare)
SSE character (Original character created by Sakurai in the adventure mode)
Bowser Jr > Mona.
Isaac is NOT THRID PARTY!
Sylux FTW.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Becuase 1. who the h*ll is vaati? No one knows who he is.
You were failing, then you had to say this. Wow.

Well I'm a solid Nintendo fan , and I don't know who he is, so there's number 1!
So you're basically covering the fact that you don't know him(and thus have only a moderate understanding of zelda) by saying that he isn't important? Wow. You rarely find trolls of this magnitude. You're a freaking anamoly, you know that?

EDIT: Vaati is the new character in the ds version of WindWaker. I've been wanting to play that game lol.
Sorry I have to do this, but Vaati has no role in Phantom Hourglass. You're talking about Bellum. It just hit my nerd senses. Again, I'm sorry :(

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
It's ok lol, I'm quite stupid when it comes to video games I haven't played :) *dumb brown hair moment*

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

Lets see;

Luigi
Cpt. Falcon
Falco
JigglyPuff
Ganondorf
Mewtwo
Marth
Ness
Krystal
Geno
Ridley
Sukapon
Mr. Game & Watch
Micaiah
Megaman
Isaac (or other 3rd party)
King K. Rool
Lucario
Kumatora / Claus
Midna / Cell Shaded Link
Sylux / Dark Samus
Mona (WarioWare)
SSE character (Original character created by Sakurai in the adventure mode)

Mona could be up for debate.. Bowser jr instead?

Does that sound pretty plausible? Pretty much everybody would be happy. What do you guys think?
Claus has like 100 times as good a chance as kumatora to be playable.

LuiStrokes

Smash Journeyman
You guys are saying Dr. Mario comes out of a Pokeball??

And I repeat, some people are f***ing ********.
lol, you think zant would make it??

he's the easiest boss in TLOZ:TP, and he fights like a f@g

Any roster with Bowser Jr. is made of fail.
seconded, why bowser jr?? he's lame, he has appeared in lots of mario games til now, but he stills lame and annoying.

I would like to see klonoa as the third third party, and mike as the second ww rep, or at least his song...go go mike!!! *clap clap*

-Knux-

Smash Ace
So, about this 48 characters thing... Are all of you assuming it is true, or is it pretty legit?

SlashandBurn

Smash Rookie
A land down under, handing holidayers vegemite san
If it is indeed a 48 character roster, which would be a great number, I could see it panning out this way:

Already Confirmed:
1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Peach
4. Yoshi
5. Wario
6. Zelda/Sheik
7. Link
8. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
9. Donkey Kong
10. Diddy Kong
11. Lucas
12. Pikachu
13. Pokemon Trainer
14. Olimar
15. Kirby
16. King Dedede
17. Meta Knight
18. Ice Climbers
19. Pit
20. Ike
21. Snake
22. Sonic
23. Fox

Returning Veterans:
24. Captain Falcon
25. Luigi
26. Ganondorf
27. Jigglypuff (though I do have my doubts, it's generally accepted that she'll return)
28. Falco
29. Marth
30. Mewtwo
31. Game and Watch

Quote-Unquote "Shoe ins":
32. Ridley
33. Krystal
34. King K Rool (Personally, I hope for him to be in his Kaptain K Rool outfit, and be named as such)
35. Lucario
These are the only true "shoe in's" as I see it. Though Lucario doesn't have quite as good a chance as the other three he has a very good chance. Just my personal opinion, but I don't consider Geno, Bowser Jr, Takamaru or Sukapon to be definately in Brawl. However...

Final Characters (Smaller Chance)
35. Bowser Jr
36. Micaiah
37. Sukapon
38. Windwaker Link (The Most likely of all these)
39. Isaac
40. Claus
41. Sylux ( A long shot)
42. Midna and Wolf Link
43. Pokemon Rival ( Doubtful, but an idea that I have really taken to. Plus it would represent all the Pokemon Generations if it was Croconaw (2nd Gen), Blaiziken (3rd Gen) and the grass starter from the fourth Gen)
44. Ray 01
45. Takamaru
46. Geno
47. Animal Crossing Villager
48. Banjo Kazooie (Never say Never)

On a side note, the only truly WTF?!? for the Smash Boards community would be to see this on the Dojo in the next week:

Warning! Challenger Approaching!
Jin Kazama: Tekken Series

Not in a MILLLION years

Blue_Kirby

Smash Rookie
Vetrans
1.Mario
2.Kirby
3.Link
4.Pikachu
5.Fox
6.Samus/ZSS(I'm only considering her as a transformation and not a new character)
7.Zelda/Shiek(See above)
8.Bowser
9.Ice Climbers
10.Donkey Kong
11.Yoshi
12.Peach
13.Luigi(Obvious)
14.Cpt Falcon(Obivous)
15.Jigglypuff(Highly doubt we're going to see the pokemon dissapear)
16.Gannondorf(Highly doubt he's dissapearing)
17.Marth(One of the bigger question marks but I don't think he's going)
18.Mr. Game and Watch(Highly think he'll return)
19.Falco(He's one of the real iffy's, a moveset can be created to be something like Snake, but he's certainly questionable at best at the time being)
20.Ness(Alright before anyone mauls me, I too believe that he's the longest shot this side of the Dog from Duck Hunter, but there is still that one possibility as nobody really knows and I don't think we'll know until some time just before/after release OR sometime around midweek)

Newcomers
1.Pit
2.Wario
3.Ike
4.Pokemon Trainer
5. Diddy Kong
6.Meta Knight
7.Snake
8.Lucas
9.Sonic
10.King DeDeDe
11.Pikmin & Olimar
12.Krystal(I only think it's a matter of time for her reveal)
13.Issac(I certainly would have no qualms of him coming up)
14.Sukapon(He would certainly fufil the G&W WTF role)
15.Lucario(I think Serebii's role on the leak boards point to him in and Mewtwo out, at least for PC's)
16.Bowser Jr.(Moveset potential leads him into a high probability range)
17.Ridley(I'm on the bubble with him, Metroid needs more attention that's for sure but I'm just not completely sold however I'm putting him on as a high possibility)
18.Micaiah(Fire Emblem really does need a tiny bit more representation and she'd make a decent advertisment for the game)
19.King.K.Rool(Moveset potential galore and really one of the few villains left that really deserve a spot)
20.Claus(IF in fact Ness is not in the game...I can't really see there being only one Mother so if anything, he's got the spot)
21.Animal Crosser(I'll admit it, I really don't like him as a possbile character...that being said, lots of people don't like the Krystal concept so if anything, I won't play him much) and AC's moveset potential is good enough to warrent him a spot)
22.Takamaru(Ooh boy I would really love to see him in and I think he has a decent shot, despite not being talked about too too much)
23.Lip(We need more female representation, hence we get lip)
24.Ray 01(Well with thealmightgoat being prooved as a liar, the little robo's chances just grew and his potentail helps him out)
25.Mike Jones(I think we need a little more retro in the game and I think Mike has got the best shot, besides Taka and Suka)
26.Midna(I really don't know if we're going to get more Zelda characters but if we get one more after Gannon it's her, sorry Phantom)
27.Kamek(This one is more for fun and the whole I'm running out of newcomers thing, but hey, Yoshi's franchise is rather bare)
28.Alright so this one is a huge toss up if there is going to be another 3rd party in the game(and I think there will) it's going to be a Brawl*shot for bad humor* between Capcom, Namco and Square with Hudson being the guest referee thus leading to a Megaman.vs.Chrono(my personal choice I know it's not everyone's)vs.Klonoa(PLEASE YES!) with Bomberman being the wild card

Anyway that's how I see it and we can hope that if it is 48 characters we will certainly get at least some of the characters we wanted.

P.S Didn't realise how much Klonoa support we have here! Awesome stuff!

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Why the hell do people consider lucario a show-in. He's not. He would be a shoe-in in my books if he was on the poll.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why the hell do people consider lucario a show-in. He's not. He would be a shoe-in in my books if he was on the poll.
Then why the hell is Geno not considered a shoe in by everyone using that logic getting 5 mentions on the poll?

Anyway, it's because Serebii basically confirmed him...But he never actually said that...People are inferring it from what he said

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Wait, I thought that 48 character was stated by a Japanese newspaper, not Famitsu, or did another page pop up in that 200 page booklet?

pirkid

Smash Lord
If there is 48 spots, everyone is going to be happy. Everyone on the players' lists are shoe-ins. Come on.
There are being going to be more then a few WTFs.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Then why the hell is Geno not considered a shoe in by everyone using that logic getting 5 mentions on the poll?

Anyway, it's because Serebii basically confirmed him...But he never actually said that...People are inferring it from what he said
Geno having 5 mentions and Lucario not even being on the poll are 2 completely different things.

Do you have a link to where Joe confirms this?

Aurora Jenny said:
Wait, I thought that 48 character was stated by a Japanese newspaper, not Famitsu, or did another page pop up in that 200 page booklet?
Yea, it wasn't stated by famitsu, people have been stating that it was false though because of the way it was typed out. (horizontal instead of vertical? Maybe I'm getting things confused though).

Top Bottom