• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4 Glory Results thread & Shoutouts

alex mora

Smash Ace
NNID
amora2319
4 Glory (FG 4) was another massive success! 76 entrants for Smash 4 singles and 31 teams for an amazing tournament! Such a fun tournament I hope everyone had a great time.

I'm still missing a lot of characters to names, if people could just list the placing and any character I missed I would really appreciate it and i'll edit the character heads in.

Smash WiiU 1vs1 (76 entrants)
1: Trela:4robinf::4drmario::4tlink:
1: Grim Turtle :4falcon::rosalina:
1: Gnes:4shulk::4pikachu:
4: Nidak:4gaw::4diddy:
5: Leaf:4pikachu:
5: Zori:4megaman:
7: Tesh:4megaman:
7: Xyro:4samus:
9: BC:4villagerf::4yoshi:
9: Fun Crazy Fish:4palutena::4wiifit::4myfriends:
9: Nanasuki:4zelda:
9: NK:4ness:
13: T-Rex:4megaman:
13: Cyanide:4luigi::4marth::4tlink:
13: Gamma:4dk:
13: Karna:4sheik:
17: Weegee:4mario:
17: Mr. 3000:4megaman:
17: KJ:4marth:
17: Crawfish:4marth:
17: Zura:4falcon:
17: Gobi:4diddy::4mario:
17: SilentDrummer:4mario:
17: Furbs:substitute:
25: Pachi:4sonic:
25: Atlus:4sheik:
25: Miguel:4link:
25: Frockett:4ness:
25: DarkTundra:substitute:
25: Jebus:substitute:
25: Ky:4rob::4ness::4kirby:
25: AlyJ:substitute:
33: RT:4mario::4lucario:
33: Knife:4link:
33: Genn:substitute:
33: Diego:substitute:
33: DP:substitute:
33: Gimme:4darkpit::4falco:
33: Toast:substitute:
33: BNZ:substitute:
33: Leon:substitute:
33: Lightsplay:substitute:
33: Gaius:4sheik:
33: DRW:4samus:
33: PhRAWst:substitute:
33: Zult:substitute:
33: Sink:4ness:
33: CleaningSnow:substitute:
49: Pope:4zss:
49: JimJam:4pikachu:
49: Giggles:substitute:
49: RetroKetchup:substitute:
49: Picnic:substitute:
49: Koshlak:substitute:
49: Kobeni:4mario:
49: Oscar(aka Sempai):substitute:
49: Ruen:4peach:
49: Fellini:4ness:
49: Patrick Ray:4sheik:
49: OogleFart:4luigi:
49: Wow:substitute:
49: Sweet D:substitute:
49: Word:substitute:
49: Mark:substitute:
65: Pali:substitute:
65: Vergil:substitute:
65: Kayflow7:substitute:
65: OBK:substitute:
65: Ncamsb:substitute:
65: Sho:substitute:
65: Draconius:substitute:
65: Xevshak:substitute:
65: Star-Lord:4robinm::4shulk:
65: Kid Nova:substitute:
65: Keebler:substitute:
65: Derples:substitute:

Smash WiiU 2vs2 (31 teams)
1: Trela+Razer:4robinf::4tlink::4drmario:+:4falcon:
2: KJ+Fun Crazy Fish:substitute:+:4palutena:
3: Killager Happy Fun Time (BC+Krebs) :4villagerf:+:4villager:
4: Avoid (lvl 9 cpu)+Bluebird:4falcon::4luigi::4wario:+:4luigi:

5: Gamma+NK:4dk:+:4ness:
5: Team MIB (Mr. 3000+T-Rex):4sonic:+:4megaman:

7: Zori+Gnes:4megaman:+:4robinf::4shulk:
7: Pachi+Weegee:4sonic::4falcon::4sheik:+:4mario:

9: Karna+Drain:4sheik:+:substitute:
9: Kill Leaf (RT+Leaf):4yoshi:+:4pikachu:
9: Ry+MPH:4zss:+:rosalina:
9: Knife+SilentDrummer:4link:+:4mario:
13: Tesh+Gaius:4megaman:+:4sheik:
13: Joe+Sink:4falcon:+:4ness:
13: Ruen+Miguel:substitute:+:substitute:
13: Cyanide+JimJam:4luigi::4marth:+:4pikachu:
17: Seaslug (Nanasuki+Genn):4zelda:+:substitute:
17: RetroKetchup+Picnic:substitute:+:substitute:
17: Pali+Toast:substitute:+:substitute:
17: DP+Leon:substitute:+:substitute:
17: OoogleFart+Gobi:4luigi:+:4mario:
17: Star-Lord+Atlus:4robinf::4shulk:+:4sheik::4fox:
17: PhRAWst+Sempai:4littlemac:+:4robinm:
17: Zolt+Ty:substitute:+:substitute:
25: Mark+Diego:substitute:+:substitute:
25: Oscar+Vergil:substitute:+:substitute:
25: GetGudders:substitute:+:substitute:
25: Jebus+Wow:substitute:+:substitute:
25: Giggles+Sho:substitute:+:substitute:
25: Patrick Ray+Fellini:4sheik:+:4ness:
25: Gimme+Sourdough:4darkpit::4falco:+:4greninja:
General:

Any help filling in Singles and Doubles is much appreciated. Not necessarily needed but appreciated nonetheless. I can edit in anything I missed, which as you see is a fair amount.
The matches recorded on the "stream" set up, RT's and on Krebs Wii U will be put up on youtube in a timely manner and posted on the Houston thread and on the Houston Smash 4 Facebook page
Shoutouts below in the comments! Thanks to everyone for coming to the Dojo and making it a great time!

Event Page: http://smashboards.com/threads/jan-...-4-monthly-series-the-woodlands-texas.381117/
Houston SWF thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/houston-thread-please-read-post-4555-it-is-important.344694/
Houston Smash 4: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HoustonSmashbros4/
Challonge brackets:
Singles: http://challonge.com/FG4Singles
Doubles: http://challonge.com/FG4Doubles

Shoutouts below!

Last edited:

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I am the highest placing low tier.
MegaMan vs Samus is impossible.
Huge turnout for this event. 2nd largest in Houston.

Thank you to Devinfor the MM
Thank you to Alex for letting me sign up late.
Thank you to whoever wiped their ass with toilet paper and then put it in the trash can that is sitting next to a WORKING TOILET

SilentDrummer is mario
KJ is Marth/MegaMan
CrazyFish is Palutena

Last edited:

PX Pachi

Smash Rookie
NNID
Cofsyrupp
3DS FC
1075-1191-5811
Pachi, me, used Sonic in Singles. I used Sonic, Captain Falcon, and Sheik in doubles.

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
Marth in singles, sonic/megaman/little bit of marth in doubles (teaming with FunCrazyFish)

Last edited:

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Hunter's Martial Arts Master was Furbs, he mains Yoshi.

Also Senpai+ PhRAWst, Senpai played Robin, PhRAWst played Little Mac.

Xyro77

Hunter's Martial Arts Master was Furbs, he mains Yoshi.

Also Senpai+ PhRAWst, Senpai played Robin, PhRAWst played Little Mac.
@ alex mora alex mora will you change his name to "Furbs" or the PR wont see him. Also, would you change Grim Turtle to "GrimTurtle"

Teshie U

Smash Lord
I am the highest placing low tier.
MegaMan vs Samus is impossible.
Huge turnout for this event. 2nd largest in Houston.

Thank you to Devinfor the MM
Thank you to Alex for letting me sign up late.
Thank you to whoever wiped their *** with toilet paper and then put it in the trash can that is sitting next to a WORKING TOILET

SilentDrummer is mario
KJ is Marth/MegaMan
CrazyFish is Palutena
Not so fast bro, Doctor Mario won the tournament.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
GnW also low tier and got 4th.

Shulk is bottom tier and two of them got top 3.

Samus also better than Megaman. His gun does 25 damage and Megaman's does 2. Megaman also never kicks.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Trela did play Doc in WF, I think.

I used mostly Mario and Lucario for only a single set, no Yoshi in singles.

Fun tourney, good stuff. I learned a lot.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Not so fast bro, Doctor Mario won the tournament.
GnW also low tier and got 4th.

Shulk is bottom tier and two of them got top 3.

Samus also better than Megaman. His gun does 25 damage and Megaman's does 2. Megaman also never kicks.
Shulk is MUCH better than samus. This is a widely accepted truth. Go look up results and frame data.

GW is the same as brawl (high tier) or better now that he can bucket fill faster and combo.

I am the only one who went full low tier 100% of the time. Everyone else went mid/high/top at times so that they could advance (Trela/kadin...etc) So again, I am the highest placing low tier.

Edit: when MegaMan does his slide Attack he is using his feet which is a kick.

Last edited:

SilentDrumr

Smash Rookie
NNID
Silentdrumr
Thanks to knife for giving it his all on doubles, was great teaming with ya.
Was nice to see a lot of peeps again from back when I played brawl.
Had a lot of fun playing against zori and trela. I learned a lot from you guys.

Silentdrummer = SilentDrumr

and as xyro stated, I played mario for both singles and doubles.

Thanks for an awesome tournament, alex mora.

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts to gamma, drain, alex and krebs for letting me use their gcc when a gamepad wasnt available. Also shoutouts to my partner avoid, lvl 9 cpu and all the homies who came.
Last shoutout goes to the gamepad since this should be the last time i use one hopefully

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I didn't use Morton in singles this time. Just Falcon/Rosalina.

Dubs was all Falcon. Trela never went shulk. Just Robin/Doc/Pitiful TOONLINK

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Shulk is MUCH better than samus. This is a widely accepted truth. Go look up results and frame data.

GW is the same as brawl (high tier) or better now that he can bucket fill faster and combo.

I am the only one who went full low tier 100% of the time. Everyone else went mid/high/top at times so that they could advance (Trela/kadin...etc) So again, I am the highest placing low tier.

Edit: when MegaMan does his slide Attack he is using his feet which is a kick.
Money Match, my Samus, your Megaman at TGC.

There isnt even a tier list out and you won't stop johning.

Funcrazyfish

Smash Cadet
Shoutouts to everyone I played! To clarify, I used almost exclusively Palutena in doubles, and played Wii fit, Palutena, and Ike in singles.
Also, Xyro, I go almost exclusively low tier too :3

Xyro77

Money Match, my Samus, your Megaman at TGC.

There isnt even a tier list out and you won't stop johning.
I have never touched MM and I have zero interest in him.

And until proven otherwise, Samus has a history of being bad so it's fair to assume she's Still bad. Also, I have used samus in the past 2 generations of smash games (melee/brawl) so this means I know what is/isn't good when it comes to her. She could probably end up mid tier in smash 4 but never higher than that. As of now though, easily low tier.

Last edited:

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts from chaboy Krebs!

@Trela We should play that Shulk mirror sometime! Thanks for commentating my sets, I had a good time commentating yours

@ UltimateRazer UltimateRazer Same thing I said to Trela bro thanks for commentating and what-not. Btw sorry about MMing your friend and going a bit too hard, I just really felt like I needed to redeem myself after he beat me at INS. No hard feelings.

@Gnes I've seen you around at my tourneys too man hope you can come back up into top 3 more often! I respect any Shulk play, sadly I didn't get to see yours in action, but I DID hear people talk about it. Mad props!

@Nidak You evil diddy usin dude. Lolll. Jk its all good man. Thanks for bringing the hype during me and BC's rise to 3rd place in doubles!

@ Leaf. Leaf. Thanks for that $1 RPS MM! I can't wait to see the video of it! haha. Our little adventure to walmart was chill too. One of these days we should team in quads or something again, that'd be tight.

@Tesh Nice megaman and even falcon play there! Our doubles match had me on the edge of my seat FOR REAL. I went into it thinking the odds were in your guys' favor.

@ Xyro77 Xyro77 Dat beard tho. Keep reppin Samus man you can put in work with her, even in Sm4sh.

@BC Second best Houston team or what!? You gotta nail those bowling balls though I can't keep carrying us! Jkjkjk. We both know we both put in equal amounts of work in doubles. Some matches you carried me, and some I would get kos and spikes and even stock tank. Looking forward to teaming with you at future events.

@Mr. 3000 I could tell you and your partner were a bit upset about our match and I understand. Thanks for doing the fist bump anyway, great sportsmanship. And well hey, at least me and BC weren't playing double diddy right? That is 2x worse.

@Furbs Thanks for commentating with me bro! Hopefully we can be somewhat of a commentator duo at future events. Ought to help you with your major too eh?

@ RT RT I don't even know you man, and I haven't played you, but THANK you for bringing your recording setup. Things like that are precious to the smash community. Even if it doesn't seem like much, it is a huge help and it really helps keep interest strong and helps our community grow.

@ alex mora alex mora Thanks for hosting this event. As a fellow TO and friend I want to say well done today, i'll always be down to help call matches at your events in the future, and to do those hype DQs.

WHERE ARE THEM DAMN GET GUDDERS!?!? Heheh.
I think they lost their one game in winner's bracket and left. Maybe we should tell new players that there is a loser's bracket and that they are still in.

gamma1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lokighsh
This tournament had an amazingly good turnout. Very impressed. There were so many new faces and veterans that showed up. They venue got hot after a while haha, but props to Alex for keeping the place as comfy as possible.

1. Trela - Nice job on winning. Play metaknight next time por favor.

2. RAZER - Nice chatting with ya bro. Next time me and NK will do a little better beating you. #RazerNeverDies #DownWithGrim

4. Kadin - GAME AND WATCH! GAME AND WATCH!

5. Leaf - The fact that you 3 stocked me makes me want to quit smash completely. I'm retiring now.

9. Fun Crazy Fish - Glad you could come out the tourney. Had fun matches against you, but wish I hadn't killed myself.

9. NK - Scrub

17. Crawfish - That marth tho. Really on point.

17. Hunter's martial arts master - LOL that name

17. Zura - Great games man. Hope to see you next time.

Krebs - Next time enter singles lol

I hope the venue doesn't get too many people because otherwise there won't be any room haha. Appreciate the smooth running tourney Alex and hope to see plenty more.

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
Play metaknight next time por favor.
What a day and age we live in today.

But yeah thanks Gamma. Idk about it tbh. I prefer to be available to TO and commentate. I'll put in my work in doubles and hopefullyyyy QUADS :4villagerf::4villager::4villagerf::4villager:

Last edited:

Nkguy01

Smash Apprentice
Fun tournament. Cool seeing everyone again. First time playing a skilled player like Trela made me realize how **** i am. I probably had the most fun playing Zori's MM haha. It's cool to learn more about a character's tools.

Gg's to everyone. Tgc hype.

I hate Mario.

Nk and Gamma yayyy <3

Good stuff in dubs Bc and krebs.

Last edited:

Zori

Smash Champion
Me too man, it was one of the few matches that didn't go to time...... This game makes me do unforgivable things :(

Darktundra

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jokton
For my first tournament 25 is respectable. To Diego I look forward to playing your Ike the potential is there and on a good day I could have had a hard time.
Last shout out to GENTLEMAN ZURA. Zura your clever game play is thoroughly impressive, however my bad reflexes got the best of me. MOST INTENSE BATTLE I EVER HAD I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
GGs everyone, I will be ready for the next one for sure. Not giving up on Link tho, just need to work on approaching characters that outcamp me (which was Samus and Yoshi this time). :demon:

Silent Drummer, thank you for partnering with me. You are awesome and thanks for teaching me Mario.

Trela, you are the GOAT for winning with low/mid tiers. Sorry about crushing your foot, but looks like that didn't slow you down!

Grim, those grab releases to dairs were really cool. I'm writing that down in case I ever decide to main Falcon. Nah, I probably won't ever main him, but it does make me wonder if any characters in this game have that kind of followup from a grab release.

GNES, is back and without Diddy. Nice job

Tesh, you'll get em next time.

Xyro, I had you game one and that one was close, but you outplayed me hard afterwards. I need to work on my approach options and not let you charge up so much. GGs

KJ, our Link dittos were fun, but I'm still the best Link I know in Houston. I would love for someone to prove me wrong there. We need to play more, I especially need to learn Sonic.

Gamma, respect for placing so high with DK. We need to play sometime.

Nanasuki, I don't really know who you are but 9th with Zelda at a stacked tourney like this is crazy. Unfortunately we only played in dubs, but I would really like to play you 1 v 1.

FunCrazyFish, thanks for coming out to represent SA, you are welcome to borrow my controller anytime :)

BC, I want to fight your Link. Also need Villager MU experience so we fight next time pleeease?

Furbs, your Yoshi is on point and I learned that his bair kills and his fair also kills horizontally. Egg Lay to down B seems like a legit combo too. Why do people say Yoshi has trouble killing? GGs

Gaius, sorry you had to fight KJ round 1 but looks like you pulled through pretty well. Thanks for joining me in the 33rd club :)

RT, I'm trying to learn Lucario so next time can you bring out yours? He would be a solid compliment to Link in my opinion. Thanks for joining me in the 33rd club :)

Alex, nice job TOing that was the smoothest tournament I've been to

Gobi, Joe, and Kevin - Thanks for coming all the way from Austin, you guys are cool.

Anyone else I missed, GGs and see you next time.

Last edited:

kj22

Smash Lord
NNID
openupyourworld
KJ, our Link dittos were fun, but I'm still the best Link I know in Houston. I would love for someone to prove me wrong there. We need to play more, I especially need to learn Sonic.
Miguel was a pretty good link. He almost beat my marth in tourny (and also gave trela's charzard a run for his money) Keep your eyes peeled for him next tourny :D

Krebs

Smash Journeyman
BC, I want to fight your Link. Also need Villager MU experience so we fight next time pleeease?
I can help you learn the matchup too man. BC and I placed 3rd in dubs with both of us as Villager. Can't wait for the commentated matches to come up.

Keebler

Smash Cadet
Thanks a ton to everyone for coming out, Alex really put his everything into making this tourney a success, and I'd say he did pretty well. All of us from the dojo crew appreciate you coming out and supporting the northern houston scene. Alex, Jaden, and I were happy to bring you this event, and much love to the gfc crew for bringing another recording set up and Krebs for calling matches. I may not play smash 4, but I still had a ton of fun and I hope to see you all again soon, and some of you hopefully next week can show up and get rekt in some melee <3

Top Bottom