• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4% Fox vids Updated-vs drephen

unknown522

Some guy
you're pretty good.

nair -> shine repeatedly is a bad combo. It's easy to get CC'd or that DI down gayness on the shine while they're in the air. Just drill -> shine -> grab. It helps a lot

cykofox

Smash Ace
no dont listen to the guy above and play like every ***** fox out there. you just need to learn to be gayer and control the pllatforms more.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
no dont listen to the guy above and play like every ***** fox out there. you just need to learn to be gayer and control the pllatforms more.
Unknown is right though. Nair->shine isn't a reliable combo. It gets CCed easily and can cost you stocks if they grab you. lol..

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Can't they DI the drill away and the reflect misses tho?
Smash d.i.ing the drill is harder than CCing the nair. Nair can get CCed into dsmashes and grabs. Falco can CC into shine to take your stock, Marth into grab, Mario/Doc into grab or dsmash. Though many people won't do it, its good to not spam nair shine, nair shine, nair shine into people expecting them to sit there and take it. Drill is better overall.

lol raynex
huh?

4% APR

Smash Champion
I used to use drill a lot more, but recently I've been playing a lot of marth and it has hurt my fox tech skill. I'm bad at l-canceling a drill on a shield. I just gotta practice it i guess. Thanks guys

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Nice videos. Those low damage kills that Cosmo handed to you with his marth made me lol, but you played hard to mount a comeback.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Lolzzzz at raynex about that shine nair business. Ask darkrain and cactuar and then let me know.
You don't know what you're talking about. Cactuar ***** Darkrain because Dark doesn't know how to CC grabs, and when he was caught in his shield he had no safe options. In this thread, I'm trying to say that nair->shine when it hits doesn't lead to anything super reliable because either it pops your opponent up or gets CCed altogether.

The reasons nair shine ***** Darkrain:

A: Falcon has no offensive options out of his shield.

B: It traps him because not even his roll or sidestep will help. All of his aerials are too slow and would get stuffed by either the shine or nair if Darkrain tried.

C: Dark didn't utilize CCs so nair was viable

The point of nair shine ****** Falcon is that Falcon BLOCKS IT, and Fox can pour on pressure that is virtually inescapable. Even if Falcon does manage to somehow squeeze out, Fox can nair again in Falcon's direction and spam some more.

What I'm saying here is that HITTING SOMEONE WITH NAIR, THEN SHINING, isn't always a good idea.

replicate

Smash Lord
only vs falcons lol

4%, you run away too much, I just wanted you to go up and hit him very very often
there were a lot of times where marth was vulnerable and you ran away because it looked like you were afraid

when you knock him down or catch him up on a platform, follow up on that ****, don't go back to dash dancing

also, you give him too much room to work with; another benefit of staying closer to your opponent is that it keeps them on their toes and limits their options

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Haha, I just wrote up this nice little essay on the importance of training your opponent and having a proper mixup/prediction game, but I've posted this kind of stuff all over the boards forever. I feel like a broken record. :laugh:

soap

Smash Hero
U give too much space to cosmo, ud just be dash dancing and hed be watching u, then hed dash attack u out of your dash back, either keep your eyes open for that or stay in his face more.

What did u think of the grand-finals music i threw on there? we got some daft punk, adam sandler, damian marley + oasis

Losers Finals u against Biggy are going up too if u wanna add em to this thing.

teams finals are up now in the michigan thread, they were kinda fun to watch over, you're so good in teams. I felt like i was doing more while i was playing but it looks like im just walking around a whole bunch. I never really gave a **** about teams but i wanna get better, throw me some tips or something when u watch em over

4% APR

Smash Champion
only vs falcons lol

4%, you run away too much, I just wanted you to go up and hit him very very often
there were a lot of times where marth was vulnerable and you ran away because it looked like you were afraid

when you knock him down or catch him up on a platform, follow up on that ****, don't go back to dash dancing

also, you give him too much room to work with; another benefit of staying closer to your opponent is that it keeps them on their toes and limits their options
You're absolutely right about me running away because I'm scared. Marths, especially ones that play like this really scare me, I'm always afraid that they'll throw out a fair in my combos or something

Soap-I could try but I'm pretty bad at helping people like that. Also my speakers are broken so I'll never know the wonderful music you put in there

unknown522

Some guy
Whenever I play against a Decent/good marth (Europhoria for example, who 3 stocked cosmo in brackets in kansas from what I know of, and IB), sheiks, falcons (not many american players (azen was the only american who did it to me, at pound 3), and even Raynex sometimes, when they get hit by the nair, they will almost guaranteed CC it and grab me for it. The answer: drill, or grab them.

Also, even if the nair connects, they will DI down and grab right away with marth and sheik.
Unknown is right though. Nair->shine isn't a reliable combo. It gets CCed easily and can cost you stocks if they grab you. lol..
lol. got my back

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Lolzzzz at raynex about that shine nair business. Ask darkrain and cactuar and then let me know.
Cactuar didn't use nair->waveshine->nair etc as combo, he used it as a pressuring tactic.
It IS bad as a combo, even if they don't cc it. cuz they'll go up into the air from the nair and get shined in the air, and if someone touches the ground after getting shined (in the air) the hitstun will get canceled. So generally it doesn't work as long as they're holding shield.

Waveshine->Nair shffl->utilt is a good combo though unless you think they might cc it
Haha, I just wrote up this nice little essay on the importance of training your opponent and having a proper mixup/prediction game, but I've posted this kind of stuff all over the boards forever. I feel like a broken record. :laugh:
I would've wanted to read that

soap

Smash Hero
The push and pull, yin and yang, chakra flow acupuncture smash philosophy. Your posts are too deep for me:laugh:

soap

Smash Hero
sheik is pretty reliable against marth :D
im sure cactuar knows the matchup, and he could just go fox. Does raynex even play sheik?

seems like the top players always have a fox and a marth, falco+sheik are the sexy characters, forward knew what was up

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Smash d.i.ing the drill is harder than CCing the nair. Nair can get CCed into dsmashes and grabs. Falco can CC into shine to take your stock, Marth into grab, Mario/Doc into grab or dsmash. Though many people won't do it, its good to not spam nair shine, nair shine, nair shine into people expecting them to sit there and take it. Drill is better overall.
My dairs always seem to get smash DI'd, probably because I hardly ever remember to fast fall them.

Laser => laser => laser is the most reliable combo.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
im sure cactuar knows the matchup, and he could just go fox. Does raynex even play sheik?

seems like the top players always have a fox and a marth, falco+sheik are the sexy characters, forward knew what was up
RaynEX plays Sheik but there are no vids of it and there never will be!

Bwahahahahahahaha

But his Fox is much, much better than his Sheik so unless he worked at it for a few weeks he'd probably never go Sheik vs Marth.

I don't think tbqh he'd ever really enjoy playing Sheik as much as he enjoys playing his other chars mostly because she's not as complicated or overly elaborate. You sort of grab and tech chase anyone you can't auto-combo or chain grab, space aerials and tilts to attack and defend, wd out of shield a lot, and throw needles periodically (or a lot depending on who you're fighting).

soap

Smash Hero
unfortunately im at the library.... not doing work

sorry for spammin up the thread 4$, can i come over saturday before "test your might" and play melee, we can just skip the brawl portion in the morning rofl.

Top Bottom