• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(-4/25-) Impact Clash IV: Deliverance. Atlanta, GA

tubes

Smash Ace
Done.

For the sake of this thread, I'll assume last 2 tourneys means last 2 ICs, and those were our fault, not the tourneys. I dunno the details about IC1. IC2, yeah they gave us an HDTV for melee, but we actually had a second setup in the front of the room that we NEVER used. That's all on us. And we all know what happened with IC3 (er, the 6 or 7 of us that actually showed up.) Considering that it takes a ridiculous amount of work just to get people to show up to a monthly, but then there was a decent amount of people at FRXII (I mean seriously, where the **** did Ali come from? XD) Who knows what's gunna happen.

First off, I appreciate that. And yeah, you're right, we wouldnt be able to get our 1-on-1 Goverment on if we were chillin in the back room. In Shinblanka's defense, though, I completely understand why he does it for FR, it wasnt as big of an issue this year as it was last year.

And 4 setups of ustream. Awesome. Now I gotta play some more stuff so I can walk around, do commentary, and actually know what I'm talkin about.
Actually, by last 2 tournaments I mean the last two I was at specifically (FRXII and last Waba) which had a much better turnout from the waba monthlies I was at prior to last one. I guess I should have clarified what I was talking about.

Also, I searched One on One Government in youtube in an attempt to find out more about the game and I'm convinced there are no 1v1 gov gameplay vids on youtube.

Also @ Dogy: Do you still have a link to that vid of the TMNT throw loops? I can't find that **** anywhere!

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman

For the sake of this thread, I'll assume last 2 tourneys means last 2 ICs, and those were our fault, not the tourneys. I dunno the details about IC1. IC2, yeah they gave us an HDTV for melee, but we actually had a second setup in the front of the room that we NEVER used. That's all on us. And we all know what happened with IC3 (er, the 6 or 7 of us that actually showed up.) Considering that it takes a ridiculous amount of work just to get people to show up to a monthly, but then there was a decent amount of people at FRXII (I mean seriously, where the **** did Ali come from? XD) Who knows what's gunna happen.

First off, I appreciate that. And yeah, you're right, we wouldnt be able to get our 1-on-1 Goverment on if we were chillin in the back room. In Shinblanka's defense, though, I completely understand why he does it for FR, it wasnt as big of an issue this year as it was last year.
I'm not taking any shots at Shinblanka's tournament at all. I'm just saying that I personally would like a unified tournament. Everyone has their different preferences and with a tournament with near as many people as he had you can't help but have to do something like that. And to be honest if I ever had to deal with that many people then I'd have no choice but to do something like that.

Actually, by last 2 tournaments I mean the last two I was at specifically (FRXII and last Waba) which had a much better turnout from the waba monthlies I was at prior to last one. I guess I should have clarified what I was talking about.

Also, I searched One on One Government in youtube in an attempt to find out more about the game and I'm convinced there are no 1v1 gov gameplay vids on youtube
There's absolutely little to no info of this game's existence on the internet. No moves list, not even an FAQ on Gamefaqs. All we have is just a few sites that show you an advertising poster of it when it was released back in the day. I wonder why no on discovered this game?

Also guys the Impact Clash 3 interviews/footage is up on IGN.com. Curiosity of the Konsole Kingz the interviews with myself, Justin Wong, Eric V., and the rest of Kapital are all in this video. Check it out:

http://video.ign.com/dor/articles/9...deos/konsolekings_prt_impactclash_031609.html

tubes

Smash Ace
There's absolutely little to no info of this game's existence on the internet. No moves list, not even an FAQ on Gamefaqs. All we have is just a few sites that show you an advertising poster of it when it was released back in the day. I wonder why no on discovered this game?
We should change this.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Hey the games and everything itself is up for review. There will probably be some changes after this weekend to the entire tournament. More than likely a low venue fee, just check back after this weekend and I'll give you guys the update.

What would you guys think of making this a one day event dropping some games, but reducing the door fee to $10?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Alright DoggySamich. We're changing things up since the community has spoken and we have listened. The tournament will now only be one day and the entry fee will only be $10. Here's the thing Melee will still run but only if there's enough time doubles for Melee will run. So that all depends on if you guys can knock out Melee quick enough. The cut off time for registration is 1 p.m. no matter what. We will cut it off. There will be a number I will give for people coming from afar to call so we can ensure if they are running late we can throw them on the bracket. Here is the finalized list also if you could edit the thread title making it only on Saturday and make a bold statement at the top of the thread letting people know. I know the $20 entry fee was scaring people away. Hopefully, this will change quite a bit. Here's the finalized list below:

Door Fee: $10

1 on 1 Government $1
Street Fighter IV
*Street Fighter Alpha 3 Singles $5
Street Fighter III: Third Strike $10
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (2v2) $10
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 $10
Soul Calibur IV Singles $10
*King of Fighters XI Singles $5
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom $10
Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Remix or classic we are only running one whichever one you guys decide. $10
Super Smash Bros. Brawl $10 Singles
Arcana Heart Singles 2 $10
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Singles $10
Guilty Gear X2: Accent Core Singles $10
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Games with * only if enough people pre-register.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Also @ Dogy: Do you still have a link to that vid of the TMNT throw loops? I can't find that **** anywhere!
They took it down. I need to pm those guys and ask them to put it back up.

Alright DoggySamich. We're changing things up since the community has spoken and we have listened. The tournament will now only be one day and the entry fee will only be $10. Here's the thing Melee will still run but only if there's enough time doubles for Melee will run. So that all depends on if you guys can knock out Melee quick enough. The cut off time for registration is 1 p.m. no matter what. We will cut it off. There will be a number I will give for people coming from afar to call so we can ensure if they are running late we can throw them on the bracket. Here is the finalized list also if you could edit the thread title making it only on Saturday and make a bold statement at the top of the thread letting people know. I know the $20 entry fee was scaring people away. Hopefully, this will change quite a bit. Here's the finalized list below:

Door Fee: $10

1 on 1 Government $1
Street Fighter IV
*Street Fighter Alpha 3 Singles $5
Street Fighter III: Third Strike $10
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (2v2) $10
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 $10
Soul Calibur IV Singles $10
*King of Fighters XI Singles $5
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom $10
Super Street Fighter II Turbo: Remix or classic we are only running one whichever one you guys decide. $10
Super Smash Bros. Brawl $10 Singles
Arcana Heart Singles 2 $10
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Singles $10
Guilty Gear X2: Accent Core Singles $10
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Games with * only if enough people pre-register.
!? Ok, lemme double check before I change this.

This tourney is now only going to be 4/25?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, one day only so I can make the entry to $10.00. We will have to start things mighty early to finish on time so registration will cut off at 12:30 p.m. and the tournament starts promptly at 1 p.m.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
It's done.

I think it's going to be imperative to have setups to get everything done in one day, cause I think sf4 might pull a huge number.

OmegaFujin (PGI)

Smash Cadet
I will be coming for Melee 1v1's, but is there no team tourney for Melee, cause I can't see one. & if there isn't why not?

I will probably participate if there is one

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
No one is ****ing interested in going to a melee tournament on Sunday. Thats why Waba attendance is low. You dont party the day before work do you? Nope.

tubes

Smash Ace
No one is ****ing interested in going to a melee tournament on Sunday. Thats why Waba attendance is low. You dont party the day before work do you? Nope.
Alright then here's what we'll do. Pick a Saturday when Waba doesn't have anything going on. All show up and pay the $5 for the smash league. MELEE INVASION TOURNEY!

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
It's done.

I think it's going to be imperative to have setups to get everything done in one day, cause I think sf4 might pull a huge number.
Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking. Although the Smash crowd does really well with bringing equipment out to events and I think that SFIV will affect Smash at all.

what are time doubles?
After singles finish.

I will be coming for Melee 1v1's, but is there no team tourney for Melee, cause I can't see one. & if there isn't why not?

I will probably participate if there is one
I want to run singles first, then doubles. It all depends on if you guys can knock out singles quick enough if we can have doubles for Melee.

Melee isn't going to be on Sunday. The entire tournament is going to be on Saturday and the door fee is only $10 now.

tubes

Smash Ace
so there's ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR MISSING THIS! Mark your calendars by pinning $50 to it cuz this ****s happening!

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Yeah! I'm happy to have been able to lower the entry fee. If you guys come out in great numbers I can see what I can do about having them more often.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Any chance for a sticky within the next few weeks? Pretty, please, lol. Stay hyped for that 1 on 1 government.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the stick Mike. Hopefully we'll get a decent turnout for Melee. Just be prepared for that 1 on 1 government.

PB&J

Smash Hero
who ever is coming from orlando bring colbol and hbox..and someone bring lambchops or else..and ill house who ever so yeah

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I would love to catch a ride out to this.

It would be great!!!

I'd drive if I had a car...

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
I would love to catch a ride out to this.

It would be great!!!

I'd drive if I had a car...
This might probably be the last Impact Clash. . . . .

That's not going to be bus accessible. I have a plan to make it bus accessible after this tournament. I'll let you guys know what's up as soon as I can.

PB&J

Smash Hero
why would this be the last impact..i think u just need a good venue and good location were everyone is happy..then try to get sponsors since jwong will be there..just think bigger and dont give up

skinlikewinter

Smash Rookie
put me and my boy reeyawn down.

Jarrod Easterwood, Athens GA "SkinLikeWinter"
SF4 singles and teams (hopefully), brawl singles, possibly brawl teams

Ryan Young, Stockbridge GA "Shag"
SF4 singles and teams (hopefully), melee singles

i think we'll be able to make it :)

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Lounis Ait-Yahia, Marietta GA "biglou"
Brawl singles and doubles and melee singles ( maybe doubles not sure yet)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
This might probably be the last Impact Clash. . . . .

That's not going to be bus accessible.

why would this be the last impact...

He wasn't saying it was going to be the last one, he was just saying that in the future they might have bus transport...

Hooray for this! Biglou I assume your going to be teaming with Desu for this?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if this wasnt the same day as april gigs, i would've overlooked any other florida tourney for this. But, because it is, i cant come =(

Top Bottom