• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(-4/25-) Impact Clash IV: Deliverance. Atlanta, GA

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
1-on-1 government. That's all I really want to say at this point.

I swear to god we're going to ustream it. We're gunna have commentary. It's gunna be epic.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I am so hyped for 1 on 1 government! Since we're running it off Mame it should be really easy to do since it's an actual computer we'll be running the game off of. As far as commentary, I wouldn't who'd be best eh?

tubes

Smash Ace
just let dogy do it.
I'll definitely be going to this for melee and whatnot. Can we actually like...HAVE a melee tournament this time? did last waba sufficiently revive GA melee or do we needz moar hype?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Yes, I am so hyped for 1 on 1 government! Since we're running it off Mame it should be really easy to do since it's an actual computer we'll be running the game off of. As far as commentary, I wouldn't who'd be best eh?
as long as we have a setup there, it'll pretty much handle it self, really. Like, im willin to do whatever, I'd be best at melee and i'd be aight at brawl. But really, as long as there's a laptop there, im pretty sure some people wouldnt mind getting on the mic and taking their hand at it.

Commentary's kinda been a big thing since East Coast and West Coast starting doing it for melee, and then brawl got real big into it after Clash of the Titans 4.

___

Now, as for commentary with other games, I'd imagine if sleepyk was there he wouldnt mind having the setup for the other games (or whoever had their laptop there and could set it up. As for the other games, if you wanted just like, people talkin trash to hype it up and whatnot; pfft, that's not hard to find somebody to do. Hell, I'll do it, i love hearing myself talk apparently.

But like, if you want some actual good quality commentary, you'd want to look for people who are real knowledgable about the game who dont mind talkin on the mic.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
1 on 1 government is so good it doesnt even NEED official commentary. people screaming in the background is enough

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Alright DogySamich that sounds like a plan.

Lastly, there's been a change of plans for the Impact Clash IV qualifier. It will no longer be held at Computer Arena. Instead, it will be held at Waba (This month's Waba Brawl monthly.) and March 28th will be for HD Remix and Street Fighter IV. If you've attended Waba's monthlies in the past everything will remain the same except the winner will receive an Impact Clash IV trophy, a high seed at the next Impact Clash IV tournament in the respective game they've won, and their door fee waived at Impact Clash IV! So make sure you guys attend this month's Waba monthly so you can get a leg up on the competition.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight. Threw it up in the first post. Does there happen to be a link to that qualifier anywhere so I can throw that in there too?

__

And I will start trying to keep up with the prereg list 2morrow. I'm... just incredibly lazy.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Aight. Threw it up in the first post. Does there happen to be a link to that qualifier anywhere so I can throw that in there too?

__

And I will start trying to keep up with the prereg list 2morrow. I'm... just incredibly lazy.
Just a link to the Waba monthly touranment thread should be fine as their Brawl monthly I think will be the 21st of March so that will be when the Brawl one is on. And the HD Remix and Street Fighter IV will be March 28th at Waba. You can just link to their thread since the owner already knows what's up with it and everything.

Zip.

Smash Lord
I'll actually be in GA for this, and atlanta isnt far from smyrna at all i believe, hopefully i have money at that time =p

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Aight, this is my first reference point for preregs.

If you're name isnt on prereg, that means you havent said in this thread "I will be there, and I will be entering ____, ____, ____ and ____."

I dont read all this i might nonsense.

I will or I wont.

Get at me.

**edit**
hey, just realized some games dont have a prereg, nor do like, any of the teams. So i get to screw around with that.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I really want to go, but it depends on whether or not someone will drive me.

I'd really like to come up with Amber, but I doubt she'd want to make that trip.

This whole event sounds really fun!!!! The last one was amazing.

I'm dying to play Mafia again, too! :):) Dogy you missed out soooo bad...

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Amber wouldnt want to go? See, the question isnt if she wants to go, but how hard do you have to backhand her to make her go.

But seriously, dont do that, cause she'll come back with her sex kick, and that thing looks like links into itself. Timbalands-to-Timbalands.

___

As for mafia, I'm ****in IN Ga. I'll have plenty more Mafia in my future. >.> The question is will you be there to witness the continuation of the "Nicaboy Defense"

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I will be entering
Brawl singles *as of now unless i can find a reliable teammate*, 1v1 goverment *Lol*, and melee singles ^_^

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
hahaha FL ain't ready for Mafia
Im tellin ya, we need to have a GA vs FL Mafia battle. 10 on 10 or something like that.

Them *****s will get ***** off the sticks so **** fast.

Rules are like, best out of 5 games, whoever has the most surviving members wins. So like, Mafia will probably consist of GA and FL, so *****s will be "HEY THAT *****'S MAFIA."

___

But it can only go down if FL comes up to GA and goes to IC4.

AND AFTER WE HOP ON THAT 1 ON 1 GOVERNMENT BABY YAYHUZZ.

Gotta train up in that ****. Be breakin *****z' ankles and **** on the big screen.

AND IT BETTER BE ON THE BIGGEST ****IN PROJECTION SCREEN EVER THE WALL.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
fl aint ready for mafia? more like, GA isnt ready for rx- gank all day mindgames

tubes

Smash Ace
Go ahead and sign me up for Melee, SF4, and 1v1 government. I'm not sure if I'll be competing in the SF4 and I've never even seen 1v1 gov for more then like 30 seconds but it just has the coolest name ever. It's all like "$50 money match. ONE ON ONE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
awww yeah. DA GOV. 1o1G

1-ON-1 GOVERNMENT.

Im still puttin money on this being the hypest of IC4. It's gunna be pretty epic. People are not ready for it.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we will have it on deck at this and every future tournament. :) Hopefully I can always have it on a projector but for sure it will be on a projector this time. It's only right to be played on a projector.

By the way, 1 on 1 Government has a 2 player mode to make it 2 on 2. However, the only thing is we'd need another two arcade sticks to make that happen. We'll see what we can pull off.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i hoenstly think 2-on-2 would work too, if you could find the sticks.

Have a 2v2 tourney as well as a 1v1 tourney.

That game does have alley oops, right?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
i hoenstly think 2-on-2 would work too, if you could find the sticks.

Have a 2v2 tourney as well as a 1v1 tourney.

That game does have alley oops, right?
I'm really not sure. I've never even attempted to play the 2 v 2 mode except where one is a computer and the other is an actual player. But I've never played a 2 on 2 with four humans. But to do that we'd still need another set of tank sticks (Like the ones that were at the tournament last time.)

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
A little change of plans for the roster:
This is the updated day 1 and 2

Day 1

1 on 1 Government $1
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (Singles) $5
Street Fighter IV (3v3 Team) $10 per player
Street Fighter IV (Singles begin right after Teams end if not enough teams singles begin immediately) per player
Street Fighter III: Third Strike (3v3 Team) $10 per player
Street Fighter III: Third Strike (Singles begin right after team if not enough teams singles begin immediately) $10
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (2v2) $10 per player
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 $10 (2v2 Team) $10 per player
Marvel Vs. Capcom $10 (Singles begin right after teams, if not enough teams singles begin immediately)
Capcom vs SNK 2 (2v2 Team) $10 per player
Soul Calibur IV (Singles Only) $10
King of Fighters XI (Singles Only) $5
Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix (Singles Only) $10
Super Smash Bros. Brawl $10 (Singles begin day 1 and if needed finish on day 2)

Remember, if not enough teams show up for a tournament then the singles will automatically begin first. Make sure you guys keep up with the pre-registration list because if many people register for a particular game then that means you may have to prepare to be at the tournament for both days to finish up the game you are playing in the next day.

Day 2

Street Fighter IV: (Singles Finish on Day 2 if needed.) $10
Street Fighter III: Third Strike (Singles Finish on Day 2 if needed)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom $10 (Singles)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Classic $10 (Singles)
Capcom vs SNK 2 (Singles Only) $10
Arcana Heart 2 (Singles Only) $10
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (Singles Only) $10
Guilty Gear X2: Accent Core (Singles Only) $10
Super Smash Bros: Melee $10 (Singles only)
(If any other tournament from day 1 needs more time it will finish this day)

UrzaLAN

Smash Rookie
So Im making a sound track to play while we go at 1v1 govmnt.... any requests?

tubes

Smash Ace
So you think we're gonna have to wait till after HERB to start seeing some actual hype for this thing or are we honestly planning to reenact IC3?

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
The hype will probably start after Herb and final round are out the way. But for the meantime. I do admit I picked a bit of a bad date but hopefully we'll pull through.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
So Im making a sound track to play while we go at 1v1 govmnt.... any requests?
Oh **** yeah.
Nelly - My House

Freeway - In The Lane (i dont have a youtube ot it, but I have the mp3 for that if you want it)

I have the mp3 for both of them.

So you think we're gonna have to wait till after HERB to start seeing some actual hype for this thing or are we honestly planning to reenact IC3?
You're talking about melee, so this is going to depend on GA Melee, and you should know by now that that's always a coinflip.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Hey I don't mean to confuse you again Dogy; go ahead and switch the roster to back to how it was originally. I suppose it's a bit to late to change the days up now since everyone had planned on them being on those days. So it goes back to:

Day 1
1 on 1 Government $1
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Singles $5
Street Fighter IV (3v3 Team) $10
Street Fighter III: Third Strike 3v3 Team $10
Super Smash Brothers: Brawl (2v2) $10
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 $10 (2v2 Team) $10 per player
Capcom vs SNK 2 2v2 Team $10
Soul Calibur IV Singles $10
King of Fighters XI Singles $5
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom $10 3v3 Team
Super Street Fighter II Turbo: HD Remix Singles Only $10
Super Smash Bros. Brawl $10 Singles

Day 2
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom $10 Singles
Street Fighter IV Singles $10
Street Fighter III: Third Strike Singles $10
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Classic $10 Singles
Capcom vs SNK 2 Singles $10
Arcana Heart Singles $10
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Singles $10
Guilty Gear X2: Accent Core Singles $10
Super Smash Bros: Melee $10 Singles

tubes

Smash Ace
Oh **** yeah.
Nelly - My House

Freeway - In The Lane (i dont have a youtube ot it, but I have the mp3 for that if you want it)

I have the mp3 for both of them.

You're talking about melee, so this is going to depend on GA Melee, and you should know by now that that's always a coinflip.
Well I guess I'll go off what I've experienced at the past two tourneys and assume that ****s improving. Hell I'd end up taking the coinflip anyway.

Impact Clash

Smash Journeyman
Well I guess I'll go off what I've experienced at the past two tourneys and assume that ****s improving. Hell I'd end up taking the coinflip anyway.
I've been trying my best to improve the tournament the best I can. I hope stuff goes better for Melee this time around. One huge thing I always want to stand by is I never want to put Smash/Brawl in a different room than all the other games. It's as much of a fighting game as anything else out there and I always want to allow even Smash players to feel the hype from other games. If Smash was separated from everyone else at IC3 all of us wouldn't of experienced One-on-one government together.

By the way I plan on having four stations set up for ustream so you all will be able to watch whatever top four games via ustream. I finally figured out how to set one up myself.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hey I don't mean to confuse you again Dogy; go ahead and switch the roster to back to how it was originally. I suppose it's a bit to late to change the days up now since everyone had planned on them being on those days. So it goes back to:
Done.

For the sake of this thread, I'll assume last 2 tourneys means last 2 ICs, and those were our fault, not the tourneys. I dunno the details about IC1. IC2, yeah they gave us an HDTV for melee, but we actually had a second setup in the front of the room that we NEVER used. That's all on us. And we all know what happened with IC3 (er, the 6 or 7 of us that actually showed up.) Considering that it takes a ridiculous amount of work just to get people to show up to a monthly, but then there was a decent amount of people at FRXII (I mean seriously, where the **** did Ali come from? XD) Who knows what's gunna happen.

I've been trying my best to improve the tournament the best I can. I hope stuff goes better for Melee this time around. One huge thing I always want to stand by is I never want to put Smash/Brawl in a different room than all the other games. It's as much of a fighting game as anything else out there and I always want to allow even Smash players to feel the hype from other games. If Smash was separated from everyone else at IC3 all of us wouldn't of experienced One-on-one government together.

By the way I plan on having four stations set up for ustream so you all will be able to watch whatever top four games via ustream. I finally figured out how to set one up myself.
First off, I appreciate that. And yeah, you're right, we wouldnt be able to get our 1-on-1 Goverment on if we were chillin in the back room. In Shinblanka's defense, though, I completely understand why he does it for FR, it wasnt as big of an issue this year as it was last year.

And 4 setups of ustream. Awesome. Now I gotta play some more stuff so I can walk around, do commentary, and actually know what I'm talkin about.

Top Bottom