• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/25/09 Gigabits and SilverMineSubs Brawl Tournament #10 An April Brawl

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i hope the backlash isnt too big from last gigs and attendance doesnt drop that much

i mean, of course attendance isnt gonna be as big as last time, but i hope TOO many people dont drop out cause of last time

Gindler

Smash Champion
Cuz your too good! :coolmonke

Yea we will have to try it at a Smashfest and it finding a partner is definitely the new thing to go do. Everyone go out and get a partner while supplies last XD!

nah but seriously i just wanna find someone who I feel comfortable with and win with XD! Like afro said, having a permanent partner is better than switching up all the time. Consistency is key!
Still want to try teamming for this? :chuckle:

Im keeping a running tally on the TVs and Wiis we have for this.

Rx--2 Wiis(potential for 4 tvs and 4 melee+brawls) and 2 TVs
ScaryLB59- 1 Wii and 1 TV
(As long as exams allow me to go) Tommy_G-1 Wii and 1 TV
ghaudephaede010(if he can find a freaking partner)- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Polmex23- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Virgman- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Wonderbread-1 Wii and 1 TV
Darktemplio-1 TV and 1 Wii(Brawl/64)
FlatSoda-1 Wii (possibly 1 TV)
Bootleg544- 1 Wii
Seibrik-1 Wii (possibly 1 TV)

Total(only certain amount): 9 TVs and 12 Wiis

If you say setup and only mean a wii, please specify. To me 1 setup = 1 wii and 1 tv
You can put me down for a TV Mr. TommyG

Oh, and please no more wristbands.........

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Im keeping a running tally on the TVs and Wiis we have for this.

Rx--2 Wiis(potential for 4 tvs and 4 melee+brawls) and 2 TVs
ScaryLB59- 1 Wii and 1 TV
(As long as exams allow me to go) Tommy_G-1 Wii and 1 TV
ghaudephaede010(if he can find a freaking partner)- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Polmex23- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Virgman- 1 Wii and 1 TV
Wonderbread-1 Wii and 1 TV
Fearless-1 Wii and 1 TV
Darktemplio-1 Wii(Brawl/64) and 1 TV
FlatSoda-1 Wii (possibly 1 TV)
Bootleg544- 1 Wii
Seibrik-1 Wii (possibly 1 TV)
Gindler-1 TV

Total(only certain amount): 11 TVs and 13 Wiis

If you say setup and only mean a wii, please specify. To me 1 setup = 1 wii and 1 tv

Toneh

Smash Lord
keep the setups coming!

More friendlies and the faster the tourny will finish :D.

If i could bring my tv i would (too bad its a 55" widescreen Lol)

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Anyone wanna guess how many people are going to this one?

Sheer and I will be handing out the *** whoopins in N64. Get at me.

Toneh

Smash Lord
96? Thats lame.
Usually tournaments try to get as many people as possible, lol, and gigs would get a higher pot % for themselves.

We were just short on setups last gigs, which were workin on this time.
Would they really turn people away even if they said they drove hours to get there..
Not everyone lives within a few miles like us.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Anyone who drove hours to get to gigs, and is dying to enter singles should sign up right when they get there. If you couldn't be one of the first 96 people to enter singles, even though you really wanted to, you weren't trying.

Desperate people should just show up AT or BEFORE 11:20. It's totally dead at that time. By 11:40, people are swarming the entrance like ants.

gallax

Smash Hero
that cap rule is so stupid. gigs should rent out a room at UCF in the pegasus ballroom or somethin and just let everyone bring their own tv's and go for it.

Toneh

Smash Lord
hmM? its an idea, but wouldn't be fair in this situation.
Then ppl from cfl wouldn't be allowed to enter lol.
Gigs is gonna sign up the first people who come anyway.

Everyone is going to show up early if there is a cap to guarantee a spot. Only difference.

gallax

Smash Hero
im gonna have to definately say no to that priority thing. first come first serve type of thing would be best. if a person really want to enter then they can pay someone for their spot or somethin.

Gindler

Smash Champion
96? Thats lame.
Usually tournaments try to get as many people as possible, lol, and gigs would get a higher pot % for themselves.

We were just short on setups last gigs, which were workin on this time.
Would they really turn people away even if they said they drove hours to get there..
Not everyone lives within a few miles like us.
We weren't that short on setups, about the same as usual (of course that's not good either)
They should just start before 4pm, I got there to register at 11:20 and the line was huge, and the kicker was the line didn't move at all till noon, yeah they had an empty registration desk till noon (seriously WTF!?) I thought maybe my clock was off due to daylight savings but no I was wrong.

how about a priority order in terms of travel distance

priorities

1. OOS (duh outside of FL)
2. Tally, SFL (4 hours to orlando)
3. Tampa, Gainesville, Jax (2 hours to orlando)
4. Orlando (1 hour pending distance to gigs)
I live like 2 driving minutes away.........so I guess that'd give me garbage priority. None of this should be an issue if they actually start the tourney somewhere remotely close to noon. Maybe make a set in stone time for the tourney to start and if you're late, well you can stay and watch, 1:30 at the latest seems pretty sane. Idk they just really let me down last time.

Toneh

Smash Lord
With 140 ppl we were def. short on setups, haha. And even a few more would not have been enough for friendlies :[

You should have been there Gindler for the 1st florida gaming tourny in Kissimmee. So many setups you could friendly whenever you wanted :].
But yea, starting on time and not waiting 30 min. in between matches. That happened twice that I know of rofl

Life After Death

Smash Champion
theres nothing wirh wtih havin over 100 peoploe the major issue is that they neevr ever ever ASK for tvs lol. a good example is right now. thier not even posting that thye need set ups badly so no one is worryign about it. so stupid. i wish WILL host gigs. he would make every host and good hosts in fl look like a joke. that guy is prolly by far the best host ever in smash history

Top Bottom