• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
H-Box: Thanks, but I don't need any housing now. I'm going to be closing Friday night since my co-worker/old roommate needed me to switch shifts with her.

S4MUS4theW1nN;4331913: I'm coming from Tampa, so I wouldn't mind giving you a ride back. Only other person with me will be Abe from Sarasota.

Laijin: I'll team with you. I always get somebody at the last minute and Abe's already taken.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, they could do a massive cutdown to 32 or (better choice) 64

I think I prefer just going to brackets, though...as you said, it's gonna take SO long...

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I hope they do pools, not that I think any of you noobs will be beat me. :V
Noobs, eh? From now on whenever I see you I'm going to think TB. What's worse than having the initials of a deadly bacteria?

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
I'm prepared to be flamed for this noob question.

Pools?
BURN HIM AT THE STAKE! I believe the general idea is everybody just finds each to play against and keeps score or something like that.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
In Pools, everyone is divided into even groups, and in these groups, they play round robin with every other group, 2 matches, not a set. Usually 3-4 out of each pool move on to the double elim brackets, and those are the 3-4 with the most total wins.

It's technically a better way to get accurate placement based on skill, and it gives noobs who get eliminated early in brackets more chances to play. It takes longer, though.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
In Pools, everyone is divided into even groups, and in these groups, they play round robin with every other group, 2 matches, not a set. Usually 3-4 out of each pool move on to the double elim brackets, and those are the 3-4 with the most total wins.

It's technically a better way to get accurate placement based on skill, and it gives noobs who get eliminated early in brackets more chances to play. It takes longer, though.
I dont know, it mainly takes to long due to the people involved. Ive done pools quite a few times, and i always remember how amazed i was at how swift MLG pools was. We cant really expect that so much though. I really like pools. :(

I agree though i think its better to go without.

xyz you never answered my post, what kind of double cheeseburgers we talking about here?

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I really want to see some one from Ruthless (Real nexus crew name) or Noob Testament to win this ****.

All these money matches going on, Im not about that...
Right now Im calling out Hiroshi, HungryBox, plus the rest of wato to kiss matches.
Rules are simple, you lose you have to kiss me.

I win, I get to kiss you.

And no prentend bull ****, you gotta do it like you mean it
(no homo)

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Well after all that hype it appears I won't be coming....due to some random events.....like that wasn't expected...well have fun everyone!

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Lol @ Kiss Matches.

Also, I just wanted to remind everyone that me and Queenie already won doubles for this tournament.

Just so you wouldn't waste your time.

And also me and Q will DOUBLE KISS match ANY team. For lots of kisses. ;0

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
the gay factor of this tournament has gone up about a million now.

Hey, I'm straight now, though....I have a girl and everything...sorry guys

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
I dont know, it mainly takes to long due to the people involved. Ive done pools quite a few times, and i always remember how amazed i was at how swift MLG pools was. We cant really expect that so much though. I really like pools. :(

I agree though i think its better to go without.

xyz you never answered my post, what kind of double cheeseburgers we talking about here?
THE BEST KINDS BUDDY!!
double cheeze from the double arches, yeah boi...

Gindler

Smash Champion
THE BEST KINDS BUDDY!!
double cheeze from the double arches, yeah boi...
Oh I wish that was still true, sadly though the great "restaurant" has been letting me down time after time when it comes to double cheese. I had to go diet and start getting snackwraps, that's how disappointing the beef is now. Perhaps I'm just unlucky and get really old batches and as I'm leaving they go "alright he's gone, start cooking the good ones now"

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Psshh everyone and their moms play as Ike and Snake.
There's a difference between playing characters and playing them well...Yes, there are a lot of Ikes...most of them suck. really, really badly

Don't generalize on characters.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Anybody who still needs housing needs to PM/IM me BEFORE 02:30PM today. After that, I don't know if I can accommodate because of my late work schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom