• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/10 LONG ISLAND PRESENTS: F*** YEAH SEAKING! (Centereach, NY) POOLS!!

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion

We're Back! Remember the Castle Golf days of old? Well, it's under new ownership and is now known as TIKI ACTION PARK!

That's right guys! PD, X-0, and Will here to bring you another fabulous tournament on Long Island! Some of you might remember our last hosting venture, Game Table back in June. You also might remember that it didn't run as smoothly as we would have liked =(. However, with this venue we assert that things will run smoothly and the weather will (hopefully) be much nicer. As of right now, Brawl Singles and Doubles are confirmed, as well as Melee Singles! And with MLG the week after, you had better come to get that last minute training in!

Tiki Action Park
1878 Middle Country Road
Centereach, NY
(Long Island) 11720

http://www.tikiactionpark.com/

The place itself is located BEHIND a Burger King, and is therefore pretty difficult to see. However, just look for the sign that says Tiki and the Burger King itself and you shouldn't pass it more than once, if at all.

CONTACT INFO:

Chris's(doommachine15, X-0) Cell : (631)204-7817 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************(631)204-7817******end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************(631)204-781
AIM : doommachine15

Will's (mitsurugi76) Cell - (631)807-7668
AIM : smartguy41112

Matt's (PD) AIM: SecondReference

If you have any questions leading up to the tournament, don't hesitate to IM me or the others =) If you have any questions the day of the tournament, you can get ahold of us through Will or Chris's phones. If you need a ride on the day of the tournament from the train station, you can call/text Chris or Will and we can get someone to drive you.

TIME SCHEDULE:

NOTE: ALL TIMES OTHER THAN OPENING AND CLOSING ARE ROUGH ESTIMATES, BUT WE WOULD LIKE TO STICK TO THEM AS CLOSE AS WE CAN.

10:00 AM - Get here, the doors open. Friendlies until tournament starts.
11:00 AM - Melee Singles starts
12-12:30 PM - Brawl Doubles begins
Whenever we get up to around Losers Semis of doubles - Singles begins
12:00 AM - We out, PEACE!

ALSO:

LUMBERJACK CHALLENGES!

What is Lumberjack, you say? 3 stock, Smashville only. 2 DKs on one team, two other players on two DIFFERENT teams, team attack off. A DK on either side of the stage, with the two challengers in the middle. You fight a standard match in the center of the stage, and you CANNOT attack the DKs! The DKs aren't allowed to move - BUTTTT If you get too close to them, as well as if you hit them, they are allowed to hit you! They can jump, but only once. Once the two challengers finish their match, THE DKS RUSH YOU! Can you win?

Will and I will be the DKs in the match. It is only ONE DOLLAR per person to try their hand but the prize is great! You get all the money we've collected for the event up until that point, AND WILL AND I WILL HAND YOU 20 DOLLARS OUT OF OUR POCKETS EACH!

Think you can handle it? =)

I am also hoping to get a Duelist TV (Quarter matches) if we have time.

PRICING:

Venue Fee - $10
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $20 ($10 a person)
Side Event (TBA) - $5

A TV or Wii will get you 2 dollars off of your venue fee, with a full setup getting you $4 off. I am not sure whether it will be taken out of your initial payment, or if you will receive it at the end of the tournament, but I assure you that you will get your money! I apologize that the venue fee is high, but it is a very nice venue and everything will run smoothly, allowing you to play as many friendlies as we possibly can allow! We will also HOPEFULLY be doing pools for Brawl Singles!

FOOD:

There is food at the venue, and we encourage you to eat there!

However, there is also a Burger King within walking distance, and multiple other fast food places in the area.

MELEE RULESET

-Double Elimination
-First round will be a blind pick, if the players choose to do so. STAGE STRIKING will begin, with RPS being done if a first-chooser cannot be agreed on. The winner of the first set bans a stage. The loser picks a stage. The winner decides if they would like to switch or not. Then the loser may switch characters. Repeat if necessary.
-Team Attack is Always On
-A player may not return to a stage they have won on unless the other player agrees. A loser may counterpick a stage they have lost on.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-All glitches which freeze the game, etc. are banned.
-Mewtwo's Soul Stunner glitch is not only permitted, IT'S GOD D*MN ENCOURAGED!
-Wobbling is ALLOWED, no using it for stalling purposes. End it at 200%

4 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. Finals will be best 3 of 5
Items are OFF

Neutral:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams (PS1 for 2v2)

Counterpick:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium (1v1)

Every other stage is BANNED, FoD is BANNED in 2v2

BRAWL RULES:

-ALL Stalling and Infinites are Banned. Except Ice Climber CG's. This includes DDD's Little Step CG on DK and Bowser. IC Infinites must end after 200%
-DDD, Kirby's swallowcide results in their victory. Ganon's Foward B and Bowser's F-B result in the user winning.
-Double Elimination
-First round will be a blind pick, if the players choose to do so. STAGE STRIKING will begin, with RPS being done if a first-chooser cannot be agreed on. The winner of the first set bans a stage. The loser picks a stage. The winner decides if they would like to switch or not. Then the loser may switch characters. Repeat if necessary.
-Color Blind Rule in Effect
-Team Attack is Always On
-A player may not return to a stage they have won on unless the other player agrees. A loser may counterpick a stage they have lost on.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Stalling is BANNED
-Scrooging is BANNED. A player may only glide under the stage ONCE before they must attack the other player.
-STUPID RANDOM RULE IS NOT IN EFFECT. EAT A JUICY ONE, CHEESE

ANY violation of these rules will result in a loss of the match. Accidentally infinite once with DDD? Sorry, you lose.

Brawl Singles and Doubles:

3 stock
8 minute time limit
Best 2 of 3. Finals will be best 3 of 5
Items are OFF

Neutral:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Stages for Counterpick:

Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 1

Every other stage is BANNED

Late Rules for all Tournaments:

2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

GET HERE, NO CHEESES. I am adhering strictly to these. We will hold you match as long as we can, but once it is called, if you're not there the timer starts.

HACKS! IF YOUR WII IS HACKED, LOOK HERE!

All Wiis will be loaded through Homebrew on MY SD card. It will have the following hacks on it:

-Infinite/Tags in Replays
-No Tripping
-No Camera Restrictions
-Save Tags in Replays
-Default Settings/Custom CSS
-File Replacement

Texture Hacks:

All stage texture hacks for tournament matches are BANNED.

Texture Hacks for Characters are ALLOWED, so long as the changes are not drastic (I'm leaving this up to you guys to determine what is drastic and what is not) and the TEAM COLORS MATCH. I cannot stress this enough! I would also like to add that colors that are ordinarily difficult to differentiate from others (i.e. Lucario's green costume, you guys know which), are in fact ENCOURAGED to be changed!

If your opponent does not want to play on a Wii with any texture hacks, you MUST oblige them. Please no arguments. You can just pop the SD out (Don't have to take it all the way out), return to the main menu, and textures will not be there.

If you are found in violation of this rule, your Wii will be thrown outside by Diem you will not receive money back for your Wii or Setup. I'm sorry about this, but I'm trying to get this to run as smooth as possible and when you have a 20 minute issue relating to textures, THAT'S NOT SMOOTH!

RECORDING:

BRING RECORDING EQUIPMENT, PLEASE! Unfortunately, I don't believe we can do livestream at this D: But I want as many matches as possible recorded.

Let's go gaiz!

SETUP LIST! PLEASE POST IF YOU'RE BRINGING A SETUP, I AM KEEPING TRACK:

Wii:
- PD
- Vanek
- MTD
- Kirin
- rathy Aro
- Dan

TV:
- PD
- Vanek
- MTD
- Kirin
- rathy Aro
- Dan
If you have an AIB account, please click "I am attending" here:

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=9082

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Yo so this is the place to be before MLG the following week. Everybody make your money here, get your MM's in, it's your last minute practice before the big time events!

vanek_pi

Smash Journeyman
I AM ****ING THERE!. Been way too long since i have been to a tournament. I am going to bring a full setup and possibly 1 or 2 other people.

btw should music brstm's be banned too, or no?

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
I'll probably make it, can anybody pick up myself & possible Viva from the LIRR station, and give me / us a ride back? Will pay gas!

Will, want to team?

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Melee singlessssssssssssssss.

If it doesn't happen I'll cry. If it does happen, honey nut scooters for everyone!

:093:

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Im going to be hurrr, anyone wanna team? :)

BTW if its cold i hope they turn on the heat.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
Make melee singles a side event and i'll show up with 10 heads at least, and we'll sign up for brawl as well.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
Im going to be hurrr, anyone wanna team? :)

BTW if its cold i hope they turn on the heat.
I'll team with you. I'm pretty sure I was playing friendlies with you a while back at the same venue. We were doing a bunch of Snake ditto's and if I'm not mistaken you play Diddy as well. Let me know if your down, I main Snake.

MTD

Smash Apprentice
Will bring a full melee set up as well, if melee singles is a side event that is, and we can use my TV afterward for brawl.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Melee is looking like it will be the side event, thanks for the input guys.

I'll put you down for a setup MTD. Also people who are coming LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE BRINGING SETUPS! I need to know whether I have to push harder for more setups because I want A LOT at this!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Attendee list?!?!?!! MUNCHMUNCH.

MTD - I kind of already have one. lol thanks for the offer tho.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Attendee list?!?!?!! MUNCHMUNCH.
I was hoping to use AiB for that :3 if I don't get enough people clicking that simple button for me, though, I'll make an attendee list. We will also be advertising outside of smashboards to randoms on LI, we can usually get a lot at CGs/Tikis. We're making flyers and everything =)

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Right after WHOBO2, huh?

Is this on a weekend?

If it is, I can come and try to bring a wii/setup and or gamecube.

Also, side event should be Melee.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Hypeee.

Melee is looking like it will DEFINITELY be the side event, just have to double-check with Chris and it can be set in stone.

I would also prefer if people who plan on attending for Melee and bringing a setup could also bring their copy of Brawl with them that we might use it for Brawl afterwords. I'm not looking for Cubes at this, to be honest. Brawl is the main event and will most likely take the longest so if you only bring a cube with Melee, I can't really do much with that beyond use it for an hour or two =/

I ask the same for Brawl people, though - If you have a copy of Melee, you don't even need a mem card, we can load data off of someone else's. It would make Melee go by faster so we can start Brawl sooner =)

Top Bottom