• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3rd Central Alberta Smash Tournament "CAST3" - August 11th, 2007.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
I thought it was already unanimous that it pretty much had to be option 1.

I guess we need a real discussion of this? Featuring Chad, Myself, maybe sean, and maybe an Edmonton guy.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
This is ridiculous!

Victra won't be there. That's all. There's no use in rescheduling a tourney because one person is absent. We still have two fully capable directors, and if need be, we could make a third out of one of the attendees.

There was a typo. It has been fixed. No use in fretting over that.

There should be no more discussion.

Also, I did talk with some Nintendo promo dudes on the weekend. There's for sure at least one of them coming to Red Deer, and perhaps a second. They'd just be there to enter the tourney, as they like SSBM. I don't think anything can be done about sponsorship or anything of that sort. I just think it's nice that there's more participants.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
This is Central Alberta Smash Tournament Thread!

And sparta in 35 Minutes (midnight opening @ hmv biotches).

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Just throwin this out there, but I really don't think AZ is an incompetent admin. The timing is unfortunate, with the thread being stickied as complications arise, although, it could be argued that such a thing would make the thread more in need of a stick (but that is neither here nor there). It's still a very promising tourney.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. 1 it is.

The Directers, if willing,will probably be, as Levi mentioned before, himself, Chad, Sean (though he might not do anything at the tourney) and ... Carl?

Also, Thanks Sid for pulling that Nintendo thing off.

As for how this was sticked, i dont have the slightest clue. Maybe the pretty font colors? The thread was going well till like 3 days ago. Although, it was all spam.

Anyways, everything is as it was before but with myself being absent. Its up to Sean to rep for RD

Prophecy

Smash Rookie
All i'm saying is that it would be nice if the next tourney would be in edmonton.

Prophecy

Smash Rookie
Hey Janitor how come i'm not on the confirmed list I told you i'd be coming even got help from FalseFalco- Thanks Man.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Ah, sorry i forgot . Thanks for reminding me. I'll update as soon as i can.

Oh, remember to use that edit feature instead of double posting : ]

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah theres a edit button.

I learned to use it, you can too.

and victras in seattle on via psp so he rarely updates.

Prophecy

Smash Rookie
Good, thanks janitor now my friend and I will be both doing 1v1 how much will it cost

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
kay. Have you posted info of your friend yet?If not, i can't confirm him/her yet.

Once again, everything is on the first thread. Please read next time. lol.

Entrance fee. $5

Singles. $5

Doubles/Teams. $5

Extra event. $0

All in all, if you decide to participate in all the events, it'll be $15. Snacks are provided but not
lunch.

Brad/Kithkin will also be providing free back rubs and will run any errands you need done.eg) picking up lunch.
B-Rad. Thats what you can do if you'd to help.

kithkin

Smash Champion
kay. Have you posted info of your friend yet?If not, i can't confirm him/her yet.

Once again, everything is on the first thread. Please read next time. lol.

Entrance fee. $5

Singles. $5

Doubles/Teams. $5

Extra event. $0

All in all, if you decide to participate in all the events, it'll be $15. Snacks are provided but not
lunch.

Brad/Kithkin will also be providing free back rubs and will run any errands you need done.eg) picking up lunch.
B-Rad. Thats what you can do if you'd to help.

wait extra event is free? or undecided?

and I am terrible at backrubs, and theres a lunch place just downstairs, now I can do said things, but it'll just be a waste or taxpayer money.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Levitation. Did you add it to the calender? Thanks if you did.

B-Rad, extra event(s) are free.

Also. Does no one sleep anymore?

Oh, and Levi imma call you today. If your mom gives you the phone, dont leave it on the bed,take a shower and call back 3 hours after. kthx

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
We use the first name thing to help us find a person when we can't find them and they have a match coming up. Sometimes their alias is a little to rediculous to be using it to find someone take Janitor for example, if someone was looking for janitor they might find an actual janitor over the player by accident. It's also easier to meet new people if you already know their name. Anyways if he / she doesn't want his / her name shown that's fine too.

kithkin

Smash Champion
yeah, its good when theres something to shout. expecsially pronoucable ones.

KIT KIN WHERE ARE YOU. theres an h in it fool.

but yeah, this not just in.

can I bargain a ride of either chad or levi or someone from calgary going who has room? I would say this elseplace but I am leaving for the time and figured this was best.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
send it over? what?

You mean by mail? I'm not gonna be home untill the 7th of august anyways, I'm fine. bring it to the tourney though please.

Beeble

Smash Journeyman
Was there ever an official decision to the side tourneys? Are we doing messed crews aka playground style? Are we doing low tier?

My opinions: Do Both, time permitting of course. This is where doing stuff like prepping brackets early (like doing the singles bracket during teams) is useful *wink wink*

Low tier: Do it. Standard bracket, nuff said.

Crews: Make them smaller (Maybe 4 man?) but don't do it playground style. The idea of crews isn't to have balanced teams, it's to bond over matches with crew mates, the entire win together, lose together mentality. You wanna do that with friends, not people you've never met before.

kithkin

Smash Champion
well since we dont have to pay for crews/lowtier then we should do whatever we can.

I also need a 2v2 partner... unless I forgot who im with.

MARIOWNAGE

Smash Lord
Didn't you agree with playground style earlier?
Anyways if legit crews are okay with most others, I can't complain.
Given only a bit of time do you guys think: crews > low tier?

Top Bottom